Dream That I Died

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by cloud potato, Oct 10, 2017.

1. cloud potato

cloud potato Registered

My dream recollection is very fuzzy this morning so the details are scattered... I got more sleep then normal but woke up feeling sleepy, even my coworkers say I look groggy.

I was flying a machine similar to a hot air balloon in that, the wind highly influences its travel. It was different though because it was like a white box and built for one. I remember going high up and the winds were dangerous so I tried to lower the machine back down- when I did this a gust took me and threw me into a fence and the machine turned into white blankets in which I was immediately wrapped in as I rolled along the ground.

After this I remember walking around a hall and seeing all kinds of crazy looking people- like they were from the circus or something. I saw my friend but he was missing his right arm like it had been chopped off a long time ago. He had a backpack and went his own way.

I took a train and had to walk down a hall where wild beast walked next to me. I remember seeing a Lion on a leash, a Bob Cat brushed past my leg and a giant black wolf made itself known to me. He was extremely aggressive or easily provoked/wild- it was frightening.

The further along the dream I remember someone telling me that I had died. I had to follow his voice and as I was lead into another room I discovered everything was a hologram. There weren't as many people as I had imagined, nothing was real except for maybe one or two people- there were tiny machines which I understood as projectors for the audience I thought was in the room with me.

I know this doesn't really have any direction... Sometimes I just need to write these things out to better understand but it seemed important and has a definite effect on my energy levels today. In the dream it felt important to learn that I was dead and to watch my reality go from strange and lively encounters to really an empty traveling chamber with the exception of a few people. When I saw the machines they were in seats like I was on a train going somewhere.

It's hard to get back into work mode today. Kind of lost in the feelings from the dream.

fireflydancing likes this.
  2. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

Awareness makes a big difference.

When you have a nightmare, the fear of dying can be overwhelming. But if that doesn't wake you up, you'll actually find that you don't actually die, something happens. For example if you're falling, when you hit the ground you actually go through, and the dream story changes.

When you are in an altered state of consciousness (for example hypnotic trance) you can experience the physical death of past lives, and this gives you a completely different perspective of physical death, and also of physical life. There's nothing scary: it's a transition; your mind is uploaded with things you have forgotten for a while (a lifetime, that seems short now). You transited from the physical realm into another realm, from where the physical seems distant, small, less important, and unreal, like we see our night dreams, when "awake" here.

Even one such regression can give you a different perspective of your current life, of the (diminished) importance of human tribulations, and makes you think from a less Earth-centric point of view. Surely, pushed around by the day to day physical reality, you often forget your loftier perspective, and get pulled into the mundane, but you have a new reference to reset to.

In my experience, it isn't at all frightening to see yourself die.

cloud potato and KenJ like this.
  3. cloud potato

cloud potato Registered

thank you for your reply. given me some food for thought.

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

HI CLoud Potato,

One thing I see in the dream is the animals. Jeremy Taylor has some wonderful reasons for common dream themes. One is animals. A small excerpt from his website -