• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Dreams, a nighttime occurance and out of body experiences

Totoro

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I had two strange things happen last night that have really made me stop and think today.

Every now and then, I have lucid dreams. When I have them, I'm frequently amazed at the level of awareness that I have. I seem to not only be aware that I'm having a dream, but that I also have access to memories of other related dreams as well as having information about what's going on in the dream, but beyond the scope of it. Say perhaps, I'm in a building and in the dream, I'll be consciously aware of the layout of the building and how to use this information to navigate.

So apparently, there's more going on in the dream than just me "watching a movie" take place. Apparently all of this information and web of interconnected dreams is stored somewhere and I don't have access to it with my conscious mind.

What purpose do you think this repository of information serves? And where could it be stored at?

I'm actually very curious :laugh:

It was within this dream that I found myself filling out a registration form for college classes when I felt a distinct tap on my right shoulder which actually woke me up slightly. Somehow, I instinctively knew that it was my guardian angle telling me to stop dragging my feet and to register for college this fall. Although I did make a mental note to look up the phenomena today online.

I did and I found that it's quite a common occurrence and that it is predominately the right shoulder that is tapped. Has anyone else had this experience or know anything about it?

And last but not least, I was on vacation and I read Journey of Souls which is a book that chronicles what goes on during the time between lives by examining various people under hypnosis. One of the things that was talked about was how in some cases the spirit can leave the body and wander about until the child is about 4-6.

When I was about that age, I distinctly recalled having an episode in which I was flying about my room and once at school while in both, I would think that they occurred during nap times. Of course I tried telling my school mates and they didn't believe me.

I think it's quite interesting that between the tapping and the out of body experience, they may actually be common experiences rather than hallucinations.

I guess I'm saying don't leave any stone unturned when looking for experiences and clues in your life:laugh:

Thank you for sharing your experiences with lucid dreams. Mine have not had any sense of interaction with guidance but they have included dramatically clear views and a full awareness of the surroundings and who I am with, along with incredibly well detailed emotional impressions.

The people in them are soulmates of some level with whom I have been associated and will be further associated, or those sort of "introducing" themselves for some time in the future. The locations are particularly interesting because I never know where they are, but they are familiar enough to possibly be streets in towns or cities I have yet to travel. Also, the locations always have a sense of a cool wind blowing and partially cloudy skies dappling the area with sunlight...always active...never completely clear and calm.

Like your comment about knowing what and where without quite "knowing" what and where, I have been able in these "dreams" to find my way around a building without knowing where I was as I walked through it. In particular, I was in what appeared to be a library and I knew where and how to get into an old, wooden-panelled elevator (complete with OTIS emergency instructions and lit, pearlescent floor buttons) and find my way to a remote portion of the fifth floor.

As a curiosity I was able to talk to some intuitive friends and their version of what happened was interesting. I began to describe the "dream" and they were able to finish the descriptions accurately and relay to me the purpose. The "dreams" that occurred in the past were memories which answered some of my questions about the connections I have with various people...and these have provided almost all my understanding of my most recent past life of dying in WWII. Not really a dream, but a thinning of the veil to provide clarity for my current relationships.

Some that have included people of significance to me but with whom I am no longer in touch (ex-fiance), I have obtained wonderfully clear and detailed review of the depth of our eternal relationship and a mostly satisfying goodbye for this lifetime. This also was not a dream, but a meeting in another dimension...whether it was an astral projection or not I do not know...my intuitives said it actually happened, just not here!

A third type has been best described as a "potential future" event. The people in them exist though I have yet to meet them. They are soul mates with whom I have planned various relationships and these vignettes, while incredibly clear and indelibly written in my memory, are potential events, which may or may not play out as I saw them. I was told these are what psychics can see...the direction in which the energy is moving and what may come to pass.

I initially cataloged any exceptionally clear memory as a lucid dream, but as you can see, there are any number of more valid descriptions of what I was really doing.

And I agree that any event in your life which is out of the ordinary is worthy of review as a clue to your past lives and connections.

That's quite interesting as mine tend to be about me in isolation and almost as if people have been edited out of them. Indeed, even when I was doing research on my previous life, there was almost a block or amnesia in place and I just couldn't "get it" until a stronger and different emotion overrode it. The emotion that overrode it originated from and was direct at myself, when I was viewing a photo. I can only surmise that I was looking at what must have been her favorite hairstyle and dress. The sense of self identification was so strong that it over rode the amnesia.

Given that, I wonder if perhaps much of your learning comes from interactions with others and mine comes from self analysis. Hence your wanderlust and my tendency to stay close to home.

Most of my dreams (the lucid stand out ones anyway) are odd though in the respect that they seem to be a sort of amalgamation of thing both in and out of context with my life as well as realistic and fantasy based elements.

The only two completely self contained lucid dreams I can recall are one in which I'm lying in a bed (I was able to verify this later as a past life memory) and one in which I'm seated next to a young girl in a modern car. I think this may be a possible future event as you mentioned.

But most of the other lucid ones feature a strong theme of a loss of control. For instance, my last one (or several) was quite jarring.

They appeared in a sort of rapid fire vignette style. I can only remember two, but the first one, I was wearing some sort of early 20th century golfing outfit and I was in a pond looking for a lost ball. And then quite suddenly I'm swept out an outlet and down a stream and I'm clawing and grasping at branches. And then quite suddenly again I'm Asian woman in a drab bedroom. There's a raging storm outside and suddenly the door is flung open and then some unseen force whirls me around and I'm thrown on the bed clawing and scratching it while fighting for my life.

Quite a few of them though involve what looks like a prison complex. Ironically, my college campus that i work at now sort of does too so people from my job and locales from it tend to be mixed with this prison. And typically what happens is that I'm either trying to escape or hide from people by digging a hole in the ground or hiding in the ceiling some how.

I think for the most part, these types of dreams are the left over emotional baggage and anxiety from my last life. Similar feelings that I am having now, may trigger similar memories and fears on a more subconcious level.

I wonder too if I didn't have a simultaneous life (or previous to my previous life) along with my past life. For the most part, I have a quite peaceful, artistic and feminine personality. But I find there's also a part of me that longs for the order and stoutness of military life. Im also quite knowledgeable about military history, hand to hand combat, weapons etc.

There's no doubt in my mind many of my lives were spent in the Mongolia and quite possibly as a soldier. I have vivid memories of armor and weapons of those time periods and geography.

I don't know much about military conflicts from the 1800's but it's possible the golfing attire and another dream I had fit into that that period. I had a dream in which I was in a military encampment. I was in tent, but the roof was a tent and the walls were wooden. When suddenly we came under attack and I heard my self yell something that sounded like Van Der Voorten or Vin Der Vooten, Vin Der Veeten.

it sounds like a Dutch name to me and I wonder if it could have been during one of the Boer wars? Strangely enough, I've always had a deep seated hatred of the De Beers family and I refuse to buy anything with gold, diamonds etc in it. perhaps I was disenfranchised with the war as I felt it was one of illegal occupation and resource theft and to my mind, dishonorable.

There is NO doubt in my mind that when I sleep, I leave my body and travel about, as in Astral Projection and Out of Body Experiences (OOBE) and I do recall waking up a time or two and remembering those episodes.

My most memorable episode, years ago (without going into too much detail) was when, IMHO, I visited the Other Side and when I woke up, I so wanted to return to my sleep and resume the dream, but alas it was not meant to be!

And, as so aptly put, in Shakespeare's Hamlet:

"For in that sleep of death what dreams may come, /When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, /Must give us pause."

"To sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub." :)

Back