Dreams and conciousness

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by briski, Oct 25, 2018.

1. briski

briski Senior Registered

Not sure if its something i've read about, however im firmly in the belief that when we dream our conciousness has actually shifted to the astral plane to a certain level.
    At the higher end you can have a OBE's and lucid dreams

GreyReynard likes this.
  2. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I don't really know what "astral" is, but ... when we dream, including OBEing and lucid dreaming, each one of us projects into their own individual slice of the imagination plane, where their subconscious is in control. That plane isn't the same one with where we come from when you incarnate, and where we return when we die.

Our minds have two components: the conscious, and the subconscious. I don't consider the unconscious (that manages our physical bodies functionality) as part of the mind. When we fall asleep our conscious falls asleep, with its memory, reasoning, all conscious thinking.

At the transitions into sleep, and out of sleep, there are the most favorable conditions for our conscious to communicate to our subconscious our wishes we want fulfilled.

3. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

I personally believe you go to the astral plane or some sort of place in between where corporeal and non corporeal spirits can interact. You need to read Daimonic Reality by Patrick Harpur briski. I really liked that book.

I don’t believe my Dream characters are created by my subconscious anymore from my many and varied experiences. You are on the plane whether you realize it or not. The higher end of consciousness is where you realize the OBE and lucidity.

If you ever get the chance to become lucid enough to control the conversation with dream characters, see how differently the dream characters react to these two statements. Tell the character that they are in your dream. Tell the character simply that you are dreaming. They will argue with one and not the other. Guess which one.

briski likes this.
  4. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Briski, Actually you are correct. When we dream at night all our senses shut down and consciousness shifts inward and centers itself into the astral body where we have difference experiences on various levels or sub planes within the astral world. So in essences a dream is really an OBE only one in which we are not aware of being out since the lower ego is still tied to the physical our subconscious masks or filters what is really there. When we awake up we generally don't remember what took place due to the fact that the etheric web link that connects the physical to astral body is not fully developed which is why there is a break in consciousness between sleeping and awaking.

If we did develop the etheric link then we would have more conscious memory of our visits to the inner worlds of our universe.

Good call on seeing this...

P.

5. SALCa20

SALCa20 chev the monk on the mount

ive had alot of astral projections, im going to make a thread soon or look for people to talk about past life stuff.

6. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Salca20, I look forward to seeing those posts on astral projections. I have had a few OBE's in my lifetime myself however astral projection limits one to the physical and astral plane only. And even then only to those sub planes your astral body resonate from. So it is somewhat limiting. As there is so much more to the inner worlds or higher dimensions then just the astral. There is also the lower and higher mental dimensions and then there is the causal/or soul plane. These higher dimensions beyond the astral can be achieve by soul travel which differs from astral projection which many here on the physical plane are somewhat familiar with.

In astral projection we are splitting off the astral body away from the physical centering consciousness within the astral body. From there we can only travel within the physical, lower etheric part of the plane and the astral plane. This splitting off can be somewhat nerving for some like myself as we often hear the buzzing sound which usually occurs while consciousness is splitting off from the physical and etheric counterpart of the body before centering itself in the astral body.

With soul travel the method used is much smooth and more natural. Instead of splitting off we shift our consciousness away from the physical and place our attention where we want to be in the inner worlds. Because in reality all of us exist on all these dimensions at once. From there soul will naturally use one of the inner subtle bodies that is necessary to operate on that inner dimension where ever ones attention is being place. This can be any dimension be it the astral, mental, or causal/soul plane and beyond. As I believe there are 12 major dimensions to our universe. Each dimension operates differently as the laws of physics are different in higher worlds.

In the astral the main mode of operating there is feeling and mind in essence desire. On the mental plane it where pure mind or thought is created. Concrete thought takes one to the lower mental plane where ideas are worked out and realized. On the higher mental plane abstract thought takes place where one becomes aware of the bigger picture to an idea or actions that take place on the dimensions below . However when we get to the causal soul plane the game changes dramatically.

This is because on the soul plane we are above duality, the mind and time itself as we understand it. On the soul plane the main mode of operating there is being, knowing and seeing. This is the first true spiritual world that Jesus talked about as eternal day because we are above duality and karma now. So on the soul level were are operating faster then thought itself. From the soul plane there are many other dimension higher beyond that which I believe is where the center of all reality comes from or what man terms as god. When the big bang occurred it did so from the inside out. Meaning that all the dimensions of reality where created all at once from the singularity including our physical dimensions of stars, planets and asteroids.

So in essence we are a world unto ourselves. Yet man in general is only concern with just the physical in this present stage of evolution. Many go to cradle and grave never knowing who they really are inside. But then again that is apart of the illusion of Maya of this world. And for the most part it does a excellent job in keeping soul trapped here in the physical dimension.

Sorry for the rabbling....

Peace and love always.... P.

KenJ and SALCa20 like this.
  7. SALCa20

SALCa20 chev the monk on the mount

do you mean remote viewing?, thats alright,or half astral/day dreaming/flash back?

also thanks

8. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Salca20, to answer your question no. Remote viewing I believe is when the 3rd eye is open and one can view places, events or places within physical or the inner worlds ect….. while still in the physical body. Having a conscious OBE is a very different experience. As your consciousness is viewing and experiencing reality from a different viewpoint away from the physical body altogether. In most cases one can actually view his or her physical body from another vantage point like up in corner of the ceiling looking down at the physical body below. Some even report seeing the silver cord however I have never seen mine yet :( Also I know when I'm out by checking the mirror in the room. If I can't see myself in the mirror I'm out. If I can then it is more than likely a lucid dream still. My OBE's usually start off as lucid dreams. From there they shift to a full conscious OBE. And trust me when I say this. When you are out of the body you truly do feel more alive than you ever had while in the physical. As everything seems more alive and vibrate. A simply hug from the friend is pure bliss and full of warmth inside, while having bad thoughts and feelings of mild disgust towards someone can cause pure anguish and emotional pain. As now you are viewing reality from the emotional plane of being.

So mastering ones thoughts is very crucial as thought is now your mode of transportation as well. If you can't control your thoughts you will wind up willy, nilly all over the place in the cosmos and your head will spin like crazy then bam! back in physical body you go. Just trying to float correctly takes some practices. It's different then dreaming because you are free from the subconscious mind trying to filter everything out. Which is why dreaming is still a form of OBE the only differences is you are not aware you are out of the body at all.

Anyway still look forward to hearing your experiences just the same. And thanks for sharing....

P.

fireflydancing and SALCa20 like this.
  9. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Baro-San,

To answer your question the astral plane is the 4th dimension of reality beyond the physical plane. When we die most human beings will transition into this dimension as a starting point of their after life. However they are many more dimensions beyond the astral. We visit these realm when we sleep at night but usually we don't have any memory of every being there. And if we do it will more than likely be remembered as a hazy dream memory at best. Sleep can be viewed in an way as a mini death if you will. As the soul needs time away for a while from the heavy dense physical world.

The astral plane has 3 major sub planes to it however there are from what I have heard and experienced myself 100's of other sub planes within the three major ones listed below.

Lower astral
    Middle astral
    Upper astral.

These dimensions are populated by human and non-human souls who took on a far different line or branch of soul evolution than that of man. As many of the souls within the middle kingdom have never been physical at all and have no desire to. As there lowest expression or manifestation is the astral plane itself.

You can look them up on google for the descriptions of these sub dimensions. Most of us when we sleep at night usually are within the middle or lower astral planes. If you ever had a nightmare then you are working emotional issues out on the lower astral. However if your dreams are pleasant or mundane then you will more than likely be operation within the middle or higher astral worlds. When we sleep at night our consciousness shifts inward and for a time we experience life on the 4th dimension of our universe where the laws of physics are very different. However because we are incarnated into the physical world our lower ego usually filters out what is really happening while there. This is part of man's subconscious mind which tends to work in universal symbols. As there is still somewhat of a language barrier within the astral plane due to its close association with the physical realm. So on that dimension souls are grouped together by like mind and cultural attitudes, beliefs, ect….. On the mental plane this does not occur because on the 5th dimension we are working with the cosmic universal mind itself. So communication on that dimension is by pure thought. At that point ones culture or language are no longer a barrier anymore to the soul.

Interesting enough this level of reality is where all forms of music are created and formed within the higher mental plane as abstract thoughts forms of light and sound first before it filters on down into the lower mental plane as concreate thought and then into the astral world giving it emotional force and content and then finally physical manifestation in the form of sound and rhyme . All this takes place within seconds of the mind working on it's own dimension as there is a very thin veil between the mental body and soul body of man as they are closely interwind. Which is why the old saying music is the language of the soul. Because even though you might not understand the words if it is in a difference language than your own you will still pick of the general meaning and feeling of the music being produced and played; understanding it to some extend what the original author or producer had intended.

Hope this helps some.... Sorry for rambling on and on....

Peace and love...

P.