Dreams that tell the future

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Deborah, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Have you ever had a dream that told the future?

1. Yes

76.9%
  2. No

23.1%
  1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I had a very lucid dream in December, had asked spirit what the new year would bring. I was very surprised to see my grandmother Verone. She died when I was five years old in a car crash. Beautiful woman. She told me there would be a death in the family and that it would be fast but she didn't tell me who. Not what I wanted to hear of course. My mother has been very ill for over 5 years so naturally I assumed it would be her. Not wanting to know more I shut it down pretty fast. And if it was anyone else in the family I didn't want to know. Fast could be a car crash! :eek:

Last week my fathers oldest sister called to tell him her son (Verone's oldest grandchild) Steve had stage four cancer. Liver, colon, lungs and just a few days ago they found it in his brain. He is loosing weight fast ( 10 pounds), in a few weeks; is in a wheel chair and very weak. It hit hard and fast. I am Verone's oldest granddaughter and 2 years younger than Steve. I imagine Verone came to me because she is my grandma, Steves mom is my aunt.

Of course I hope he pulls through, of course I pray for his recovery, but it doesn't look good. I can't help but wonder why she told me? Am I suppose to do something? I will do a meditation for him and ask.

Grandma Verone stepping off the train in 1959 to see me her first granddaughter...Grandpas behind her. Classic pic. ;) . I was only five when she died, so I don't remember her too well. Just from pictures.

FILE26252.JPG

2. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Am sorry to hear this Deborah, thoughts and healing for you and your family at this time...

As for why you were chosen, sometimes it's just the person who would be most receptive to the message. I also think that this sort of knowledge requires wisdom and strength to deal with. Not everyone would be able to cope with the knowledge of death coming to loved ones.

I've had several dreams throughout my life that have been prophetic (one involving the current POTUS). I also have dreamt about my past life brother when he was terminally ill with cancer. My recall is of being in spirit form, invisible to the naked eye. He was sitting in a chair/wheelchair and in a small room looking out the window to the vegetation/rain outside. He looked very frail, very ill. He became aware of me standing in the corner of the room. He felt my presence, and there was a feeling of utmost peace between us both. Since I, his brother, had been missing in Vietnam since March 1969, I like to think the feeling of my presence gave him the reassurance to move on to the next stage.

I didn't recall the dream until recently in meditation, but at that time when he passed on I was fourteen and recall being overwhelmed w/ grief, and overcome with a very strong urge to visit Hawaii (I live in the UK -- there was no one in my life connected to Hawaii). This translated to me going out and buying a disc of the Hawaiian singer Jack Johnson, which really wasn't the typical music I listened to back then. Since then I've found out that my past life brother did indeed pass away from terminal cancer, was in hospice care at the end, and was living in Hawaii where he had retired.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. Deborah

Thank you for sharing landsend. And thank you for the kind words for my cousin. You write beautifully - telling your experience with almost a poetic poise. I'm sorry I haven't read you posts before. I shall look for them now - if time allows. Classes start next week and prepping is a load.
    I'm sorry for your loss - loosing someone so young :(. Death is one of the things we have to deal with in life. UGH But After friends and family pass I like to think of it as a new beginning. There are cultures that believe this and well - reincarnation fits right in.

Again - thank you for posting and I hope others share as well. Have a wonderful day.

4. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I believe that you asked, you were open for an answer, and you got it.

I also believe that the future isn't written in stone, and can be changed. We create our reality, implicitly our future. If one keeps inquiring and being open for answers, they can actually use the information they get to alter the course of events, and their outcome.

I agree that when in doubt, asking (more) questions should be helpful.

When getting glimpses of an undesired future, becoming afraid of it happening, we end up contributing with our emotions to its materialization.

KenJ likes this.
  5. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear that. It's so hard when it happens that quickly.

Prophetic dreams don't happen often for me, but when they do, what I see is usually minuscule and not really of any major importance, but they're hilariously accurate. If I dream of someone that I haven't seen for a while, they tend to make an appearance within a few days or so.

I once had a dream about running into a friend and his little boy, both of whom were wearing identical striped shirts and carrying bags of Subway sandwiches. I put it right out of my head, but when it actually happened the next day, my first thought literally was, "am I high right now?" Despite being completely sober, it made me feel like I was high or going crazy for a minute.

6. SundayAtDuskReturns

SundayAtDuskReturns Active Member

Great '50s picture, Deb! Who took it? How did your grandmother look in the dream? Or was she just a "presence"? Any additional thoughts as to why she appeared in the dream to give you bad news? Personally, I would choose not to have such dreams, but it does offer some "proof" of ADC, and shows you that your grandmother is still aware of what is going on in the family, wherever she happens to be. That of course makes it appear that your cousin will continue living elsewhere after his terrible ordeal comes to an end. He, too, may still have contact with the family. He has a soul, not simply a body. Thus, maybe you can see the dream more of a comfort one, as opposed to one that obviously was disturbing and not requested. It's all so sad and painful right now, but all lifetimes come to and end . . . and there are many more to come. Take care, Deb-Tep.

Deborah likes this.
  7. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'm very sorry to hear your news, Deborah. I hope you'll find some comfort and strength at such a difficult time.

Talking of prophetic dreams, when I was in my teens and twenties I regularly dreamed of various disasters such as plane crashes, ships sinking, etc. The dreams came the night before the incident happened, or sometimes two nights before, and were very detailed. I used to tell people in advance, just to prove I wasn't making it up. On one occasion I dreamed of a man and a child in a small dinghy, escaping from a disaster of some kind. I described them to my parents. Two days later the picture of the same man and child was in the papers. The 'odd dream out' was the assassination of Martin Luther King. The frequency of the dreams abated over time, and the last one I had was of the Challenger Shuttle disaster. I'm glad not to have these dreams any more, and hope that's the end of it.

fireflydancing, Deborah and landsend like this.
  8. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I dreamt about Donald Trump becoming the next president a couple of years before he ran for office. I didn't know who he was, just described him as a 'corporate banker type' and drew a picture of him with his dodgy blonde hair. I (and maybe others?) were shouting at him: 'How can you put power before people?' Over and over and over. We were very angry, incensed, trying to get the message across to him. Standing next to him in the room was the then President Obama, which is how I knew the other guy would be next in line.

That's one of my strongest premonitory dreams. It wasn't in truth much like a dream, but more like a lucid dream/out-of-body type experience.

Funnily enough I forgot that dream until he was inaugurated but have it written into my journal so I know the date it occurred.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Johnhermes likes this.
  9. Deborah

My grandfather took the picture Sunday. He was a photographer for the local newspaper. Had a good eye. ;) So glad to see you. Missed you ever so much...for many reasons.

Landsend - Very interesting....I wish dreams would come with a warning sign concerning politics. Lucid dreams are the best - clear - life like and they stick with you.

Tanker - sounds like your tuned into the bigger picture - of humanity. I know all too well the helplessness that comes with it. I blocked mine as much as possible. SO did my mom.

10. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Very sorry to read of the tragic news of Steve. I also think she came to you because she knew you were receptive. I've had a close relative who past away who then emerged in a dream. He told me of things to come that neither of us would have known prior - and it later came true. He told me these things, both good and bad, as if he wanted to tell me that in the end it would be alright. I would have disregarded this as a dream if the things he had said and showed me had not come true years later. (I've also had recurrent dreams of someone I know whilst this someone was in a coma - and we were talking as well, this person was really in between life and death - more close to death than being alive, and the chances weren't that good but the person made it; so maybe when someone is in coma one can communicate as well, I don't know if others have had that experience but I suppose that is another question).