Dreams while sick/hallucinations

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Looking Backwards, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

(This is possibly controversial, so if the thread's closed I understand.)

I was reading a Reddit thread about coma patients' dreams, and some of them seemed possibly PL related. (One person thought they were old, another thought they were French.) I've also wondered about hallucinations, or even occurrences as simple as fever dreams. However, given that these are dreams people have while they're clearly not "right", how much should they be taken into account? Are they actually having PL memories, or is it just the brain confusing memories and stimuli?

2. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Active Member

I would imagine you'd be more likely to have past life memories when you're not "right" than when you are. ;) In regards to hallucinations, I once eagerly started reading Oliver Sack's book on the topic, only to find myself wishing I had never picked it up. Because, according to the book, hallucinations are totally meaningless, and that's exactly how the ones in the book seemed. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's meaninglessness!

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

I think it's very possible Looking Backwards -

Body illness, OBE and dream state. Although I posted this nine years ago - it's new to members now. It was a dream in which I was OBE and at the time was very sick.

My body position was laying down - as if sleeping. I was savoring the moments. I love this feeling of floating. As I was floating I was also aware of my chest hurting! I said to myself in the dream -- "I want to remember this feeling..I want to remember...I want to remember."
    My body began to vibrate from the inside out and as I vibrated there seemed to be a tear in the fabric of "reality" in front of my eyes. What came into view was a gravestone. It was a gray stone with white speckles, carved imagery on each corner.

The stone was about three feet tall. I looked closely and began to see the name and date on the stone, ...lisia...ton...424 AD... then it began to blur. In my dream I said, "I need CLARITY I need to read this; it is important!" Just then like a lens from a camera that came into focus it was crystal clear. I was so excited in the dream..... I read it over and over again!

ELISIA K. EATON 424 AD - 429 AD

I began reading the inscription under her name and the date. "She was the Mascot of our ship ....she held our hearts....." (There was more, and some spellings were odd,) but I went back to the name and dates repeating them to myself over and over so I would not forget!) It was so lucid I could see every detail of the engraving! I knew that her parents had sailing vessels and that she was very loved and well cared for. As I viewed the stone, I realized she was me. I had died at only 5 years old, of a chest infection. By attempting to fly in my dream, I had shifted consciousness and REMEMBERED the feeling -- she had died due to this "feeling." I remembered me/her and was viewing the grave site. It felt like England along the coast somewhere; the weather was cool, foggy, and I sensed water nearby.

4. Looking Backwards

What an amazing memory, Deborah!

5. autumnleavesnnovember

My, my, it must be nice to go lucid in a dream and demand CLARITY. No matter how many books I've read on the topic, or how many of the lucid dreaming exercises I've done . . . including the rubber band on the wrist one . . . I have never been able to go lucid in a dream. Whenever I try to read anything, it's just impossible to read most of the time. My favorite message in a dream one was where I was standing in front of a kitchen sink washing dishes, and a note on a string actually came down from the ceiling and stopped right in front of my face. Was I able to read it? NO! I'm jealous, Deborah. :mad:

Great dream you had! :)

Deborah likes this.
  6. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Lololol well, I can't say I've ever had another one like it. Lots of lucid dreaming but not past life related so specifically. Wishing I could make it happen again.

7. autumnleavesnnovember

Sure, sure, you probably have dreams like that every night and you just don't want to brag! ;)

8. Looking Backwards

Bumping because I'm curious. Especially when it comes to coma dreams.

On a reddit thread, I read about one man who saw an entire life - a wife, a son, and a lamp(?). When he woke up he was crushed because none of it was real. I always wondered if that was PL related. (The man did not offer this as an explanation, only that he still missed them greatly.) This isn't to say it couldn't have just been a recurring dream while he was out, but I did wonder, especially given how broken he felt after. On the other hand, like I said, comas are especially tricky because people in them are brain damaged, so I don't know if that should be taken into account - that maybe he was just confusing things in his mind. (Theoretically you could even argue there would have been "real" connections if he'd made them. Sort of like the movie The Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy turns people from her own life into fictional characters. For instance, the wife in his dream could've been a high school crush.) But I do wonder.

9. autumnleavesnnovember

Personally, I like to believe that souls travel when their bodies are in comas, and who knows where they can go. Did the man say anything about what time period the wife/son/lamp appeared to belong to, if he noticed? Was he married and had children in his current lifetime or not, if you know? People, of course, can have hallucinations when they are ill or injured, but hallucinations are meaningless, according to Oliver Sacks. (https://www.amazon.com/Hallucinatio...7&sr=8-1&keywords=hallucinations+oliver+sacks), as I mentioned in a previous post. When you read descriptions of hallucinations, they sound meaningless, too! Obviously, though, the man you mentioned found intense meaning in his meeting with a wife, son . . . and lamp. :)

P.S. Okay, so what's the part about the lamp?

10. Looking Backwards

I think he just said the lamp looked worn as his dream progressed?

I don't really know too many details, but my impression was that he's single and childless. (Or was at the time he posted it.)

11. autumnleavesnnovember

Thanks for the additional information. I know some of my most vivid dreams have had a piece of furniture that I clearly remembered when I woke up. Also, a piece of furniture or something else in a room that is not exactly like it is in real life is often a sign the person is having an OBE, I believe.