Dreams with people you don’t know?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Kenz1010, Dec 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was outside with this guy (who I don’t know in person) and we were walking through this giant field (don’t know where we were either). I don’t really remember everything he said but I know he was telling me about his life and giving me advice on something. His face is still so clear, had scruff, blue eyes, brownish hair, taller. He had these glasses that he’d randomly take off then put back on while we were walking, I’d say he was in his late 20s. There was no one else on the field, and I rememeber the grass was dead and damp and there was random pockets of trees around. It felt like I had the dream for hours, I’d randomly wake up in a daze and then fall back asleep and it would just continue. We just kept walking and walking while he was just rambling on while I listened.
    Anyway, has anyone ever had a dream where you’re with someone you don’t know? I’m definitely no dream expert, not sure if that’s something normal. But I’ve definitely never met or seen this person in real life, but it felt so real like it had actually happened.

2. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

Maybe someone you met, known in a previous life? I have a friend who keep having a dream of a specific house - and has had this dream for years, but has never been in that house. I think that could be a house she has seen and/or lived in a previous life. I've heard that things from previous life/lives can be lurking about and come through in dreams.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  3. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

4. Kenz1010

Now I actually think it might have been someone from a past life. I wrote everything down in a journal, what he was wearing (tried to draw it too, turned out looking absolutely horrid hahah), what his glasses looked like, how I felt, scenery, etc..
    He was wearing some sort of suit and the frames of his glasses were circular. Like the glasses looked old, not in quality but from a different time period. I looked up men’s suits from earlier times and it seems to look a lot like the suits from the 30s and 40s.
    A lot like these:
    upload_2018-12-24_11-23-18.jpeg upload_2018-12-24_11-24-21.jpeg upload_2018-12-24_11-23-45.jpeg
    I remember he even hopped up on some fallen dead tree and just kept talking and talking. I was listening to him intently in the dream but I think I kept spacing out at his face, I was confused but everything still felt somewhat casual. Like just another day or something, it was weird. And when I woke up I knew he had told me about his life and was giving me advice on something but now I can’t rememeber like anything he said lol

Thyme&Bay and Li. La. like this.
  5. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

I had a really strange dream two nights ago. It involved someone I have not met yet, although I am sure I will. It was quite strange. I will not elaborate, because it is pretty personal. Mainly putting it down here as a reminder. I have had dreams that later usually happen before in my life. The intensity and nature of the dream is unmistakable.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  6. glia21

glia21 Senior Member

A few weeks ago I had a casual dream, my husband was involved and I was complaining about something. Suddenly I looked up at this face and noticed it wasn't my husbands face. I was surprised because the face had a totally different quality, much more real than my usual dream setting. He looked at me and smiled - it was like he was crashing my dream :D i still know exactly what he looked like. He was nobody I knew and nobody from a pl either I think. In this case I felt more like it was somebody from my real current lifetime who just stumbled across my dream like somebody having an obe or such .. i dunno. He had light brown skin, dark eyes, in his 30ies, dusty brownish hair. Very real. :cool:

7. Kenz1010

Oh wow that’s interesting.
    I think I was just shocked by everything when I woke up. His face was so incredibly clear (and still is), but I’ve never met/ known him in my life now. I think it might’ve been like an old friend (or brother?) from a PL catching me up on his life or something, also giving me advice. He seemed pretty light hearted but there was a sadness to him. He was REALLY into what he was talking about too, he’d be joyful/ smiling one minute then looking really serious the next. I don’t know why I can’t get it out of my head, I’ve been thinking about it a lot. One of the most vivid dreams I’ve had in a while, too bad I can’t rememeber what he said.

8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Since I was at least four years old I had a recurring dream of a tall, beautiful brunette wearing a grey evening dress and she was always walking slowly towards me.

Then, in 2001, I had a waking vision of her. Again wearing a grey evening dress and walking slowly towards me.

I forgot about it for years. One night in 2010 I decided to take the long route to get a burger ( to enjoy the walk ). As I passed a hotel I saw the same beautiful brunette walking slowly towards me, staring at me, looking like she had been struck by Cupid. She was wearing the same grey evening dress as in my dreams and vision.

As we talked it came out that she also had dreams of me. She was a little older than me so as a child she had dreamt of a man who wasn't yet born....me.

fireflydancing likes this.
  9. Kenz1010

Well, I got chills while reading that hahah. And that must’ve been surreal to experience once it actually happened. I wonder what the meaning was for you two to cross paths?

10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Kenz.

I thought for a long time that I was destined to save her, protect her and be with her.

What I got was a traumatic lesson on the nature of evil and conflict. I dunno what she got out of it but a hardened heart though. Soulmate encounters only seem to work out romantically in the movies.

Speedwell likes this.
  11. Kenz1010

Sorry Jim, sounds like it took a turn for the worst. Probably good that that situation’s in the past now.

12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thanks Kenz. Sometimes dreams become nightmares.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  13. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

"The dream that brought you so close to me..."

I had a dream, or waking vision. I think it was a dream, if memory serves me well [I've been struck with a nasty head-cold that's making a fool of me].

Anyway, I had a dream a few weeks back, where I was walking in a grand forest bathed in a golden light and filled with branching paths. Some were dark, others blocked by various barriers (overgrowth, rocks, fallen trees, etc.) There was an apparition on the wide main path with me, who presented themselves as having a masculine aura. Neither of us had any distinguishable features of gender, actually, but my companion certainly presented themselves as masculine. I had no idea who they were during the dream, but I was content in their company through the dream regardless. It never crossed my mind that it might have been one of my ancestors, who has passed. It was not a departed relation, I sensed that much. Before waking, we stopped at a clear bright path and I distinctly heard "Do you have to go?". I felt sad at that moment, as we were parting ways. It had been such a pleasant stroll, a lovely dream, and I honestly didn't want to leave him there. As it turns out, I don't think I did...

A few days after the dream, I saw a photo of a man from my past life and it clicked instantly. He had walked with me in that fantasy forest. He had popped up throughout my current life, in a spiritual way, as a mysterious scent of aftershave on the air [when there could be no logical explanation] or a familiar presence in times when I was alone or fearful. Perhaps, he had even come to me in dreams before, but I had long forgotten them.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  14. yvettebruneau

I've also just recalled another dream that I had a couple of years ago, during a rather turbulent time.

It was a few days after a rather shocking celebrity death hit the news, in the summer of 2016, and the strangeness of the dream is what keeps it in my mind to this day. As it was a little more than two years ago now, I don't recall too many details. I just remember waking up with a memory of dancing in a ballroom, with a male partner. Initially, I thought it was the celebrity who had passed, but that particular entity had been shorter than my current self. In the dream, my partner had been the taller one, as the man in my previous post [and previous life] had been. Thing was, I spent the whole day with Adele's 'When We Were Young' in my head. It was quite perplexing.

I can only think, having unlocked some doors to my past life, that my PL companion came to me, and danced with me that night, to keep my heart from breaking at all the sad news that was about in those days. He took me dancing, as he had in the old days, when we were young (my past self was barely 20, and he was only a few years older). That's all I can think of that particular dream now.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  15. Kenz1010

That’s an interesting dream. That’s nice that you were able to figure out who it was.
    I have no idea who the guy in my dream was, besides guessing that it may have been a PL friend or brother. Maybe I’ll find out sometime in the future.

16. yvettebruneau

I feel it was a premonition of the discovery that was on the horizon. And, as I said, neither of us possessed any defining features, so I did not see a face in the dream. All I had, to go on, was that they were masculine. When I saw his photo, I had a sense of having recently been in his company in some capacity. It was, as they say, as if a switch had been flicked. The second I laid eyes on the image, I knew him. I knew I had been in his arms, in his company, both in the past and in this life.

I haven't really had any others that have been as vivid recently, but then I've not been sleeping well of late. Maybe, now that I've replaced the old pillows and quilt, I can settle deep enough to dream vividly again! I wish to know more, and maybe find my PL husband.

17. Kenz1010

In the past, did you have reoccurring vivid dreams of your PL?
    I don’t really think my dream was a past life memory, I actually think the man (in my dream) visited me that night. I’ve been having a hard time with a lot of things lately, I think he visited me to give me advice & to talk. Maybe even to give me some good company for once. Honestly don’t know for sure, but I can’t stop wondering what his relation is to me/ my PL self.

18. SundayAtDuskReturns

SundayAtDuskReturns Active Member

I constantly have dreams that contain individuals I do not know. If the individuals are interesting, or I feel I know them from a past life or something, that's fine. But so many of them are simply dull strangers, and I have no idea what they are doing in my dreams, and resent them being there! Particularly if I have to listen to them talk on and on about something that is not interesting. o_O

Carloloner likes this.
  19. Kenz1010

Hahaha well, that would probably be annoying to have a bunch of dreams where some random strangers talk your ear off 24/7.
    I was definitely interested in what the man was saying in my dream, I know that. But I can’t seem to remember even a small amount of what he said, which is really bothering me. He talked for a long time too (well it felt long), and he was really into what he was saying. You’d think I’d be able to remember at least some of it but I guess it’s completely slipped my mind.

20. SundayAtDuskReturns

SundayAtDuskReturns Active Member

Annoying is putting it mildly. I'd like to kick each and every one of them out of my dreams! :mad: Unfortunately, though, I'm a total failure at lucid dreaming.

Don't you hate it, when you can't remember something said or something you read in a dream . . . when you actually think it was something important . . . or at least interesting.;)

glia21 likes this.