Dreams

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by TruroNE, Mar 19, 2018.

1. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

Hello everyone. I'm new here, so instead of making a 'i'm new here' thread, i'll just dive right in.

I've always had odd dreams and as I've gotten older they've gotten more realistic and effect me more. Ive always had a dream where I'm driving, I don't feel well, pull over, get out of the vehicle and just black out. I wake up after that having trouble breathing, sweating, shaking. Not until the last couple of years has it gotten more detailed. Now,I know that in that dream, I died. I remember it too well. I remember the face of my wife as she looks at me, panicked. I remember telling her not to go.

Not only do I have that dream. But I'll have dreams just doing every day things. I wake up knowing small details of it. For example, I remember looking at an older clock on the bed stand next to my bed. I woke up - and its not there. I looked everywhere for it and it took me a while to realise I was looking for a clock in a dream I had.

I dream about golfing. I've golfed once in my life and I got so angry I couldn't continue... But I wake up and I want to go golfing like it's something I do just any old time.... but I know I'm far too competitive, so I try to avoid sports and games.

I have dreams with children and my wives (I'm assuming I had more than one) the dreams are jumbled up. for example, i'll be at a different location one night and another one another night, or my kids are young and then in another dream, they've grown up a bit. different cars, different houses, different countries, etc.

The past year I've woken from these dreams and it's hard for me to adjust back sometimes. Like I've been taken into another body to another time and suddenly I'm not me anymore... But I am.

I've started a 'dream journal' only to find it missing some mornings and then find a poem written on a random page. I never write poetry. I read it often, I've never written it....

I think something triggered these dreams to start. I don't know what or where or why. I think bringing things in to my life now that I remember from these dreams makes me happy. I can't have the people back but I can have similar things... It's a way of adjusting I suppose.

If this is a past life. I know I was a father to many children, a man madly in love with a woman, alcohol, and a need to spend more money than I needed to. Haha

It's hard to wake up sometimes and realise it's all gone. I've got a family now and I've got to keep on keepin' on. :)

cloud potato likes this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome TrueNE, that is fascinating! For being a female and remembering things from a male perspective would be confusing enough let alone the different families. I'd be interested in knowing if you can shed light upon the current male/female controversies from your experiences. That is just something that struck me while reading your post. Also, there are some folks that have a hard time imagining themselves as once being a different sex.

I'm glad that you are keeping a journal, that is a good idea. I'd also like to know more about the poetry, was it just one occurrence? Was it relevant to your life?

3. TruroNE

well, all my life i've been a bit of a tom boy. for the longest time i had short hair, I dressed in slacks and a button up shirt (for some reason) this was when i was 8-13 years old. possibly longer than that. I had boyfriends all through school, that was never an issue haha. When I was younger, playing with other children, we would play house, and i was always given the role as 'the dad' and i was okay with it. Growing up, i've always had a bit of masculinity to me that often intimidated a lot of my male friends (i guess since i wasn't super feminine) Being that I've always been like that, and now realising my dreams might be indications of a past life of which being a man. It all seems to make sense. (in a way)

As far as the writing goes, I've always tried to write. I remember in 4th grade I was determined that I was going to be an author. (that didn't happen...) In school, my writings were always graded well, so, I suppose I was doing something decent. Poetry though? Not really. As I mentioned, I'm a reader of poetry. I have favourites. But writing, I just can't quite make it. What I did read in my 'dream journal' was about the woman in my dreams, her 'green eyes like the hills of kerry'

4. KenJ

Is Ireland significant to you in any other way (you didn't state your location)? You stated that you "always" had these types of dreams and that they later became more detailed, was the timing relevant to things going on in your life? I can't recall being female, and if we somehow have similar appearance, well, I'd hate to see that:eek:

5. TruroNE

I've always thought Ireland was beautiful. Scotland and south/ southwest England as well. Of course, if I went there, I'd have to find a way to buy a house. Haha. I had a dream not too long ago that was odd. Along with these dreams I do have normal dreams.

A dream a few weeks ago that i had written down in summary

in my dream i was me (28 year old woman from US) went with my parents on a trip to Ireland. We ended up staying with a family there as something had happened with our reservations. Family was Man, Woman, and older kids like late teens possibly, and an older woman. From when i walked in the door i felt like i knew this older woman and it was almost like she felt the same way. But being me, i didn't say anything and was just awkward. During the trip I started to not feel myself, and this urge. In my head i kept saying (you've got to go home, go home, just go home)

I had woken up one morning to come down to breakfast, and my mother said i must be tired from the midnight walk. I asked what she was talking about. She said I woke up around midnight and walked to a house (which i forget the name of but it had a name) i thought they were joking with me, but realised they weren't. I asked why no one stopped me. (don't remember if i got a response.)

The family we were staying with decided to take us to this house(same house i walked to during the night) later that day so we could walk around and take in the views, check it out i guess. When we got there, i felt like i completely changed. I almost cried, my chest hurt, i just wanted to burst out something... anything. The older woman of the family followed me around asking me questions.

6. KenJ

You certainly recall more about your dreams than I do, I've tried on several occasions to tell my wife about a dream I just had as I'm getting out of bed and find that it is fading so quickly that very little remains to tell her about - mainly just strange or mild difficulties, situations with few recognizable people being involved and not very interesting.

7. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Have the same problem Ken, I forget basically everthing the moment I wake up, sometimes just the last part or what it was about or even just a feeling
    In my case no great loss since it was something about conflict, plenty of those in my books from past and current lives

8. TruroNE

I don't remember a lot of my dreams, just the ones that are recurring, or i tell someone or write it down once i wake up. (if i even remember it that far, haha)

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I've only had two PL related dreams that I can remember. They weren't memories though. Actual PL memories came when I was awake.

In the first dream I was in a round room as my current life incarnation when a man wheeled a coffin up to me. He opened the old rotten lid and showed me my PL selves rotting corpse. It was a strong impression in the dream that I would have to deal with my death again in my current life. I was shown the corpse to show me what my current incarnation will eventually become too. Interestingly, the round room at the Mansion House is where the first Dail Eireann met in 1919. I don't know if its connected.

The second dream had me in the Collins homestead kitchen talking to my PL sister Hannie. She told me that I would have one more incarnation after my current one. I assume she was talking to my PL self which would mean that Jim is my last incarnation. Of course, it was probably just a dream, it is interesting what crops up in dreams though.

10. TruroNE

I have deja vu's every now and then. But i usually try to keep myself pretty busy and it seems to keep all that at bay. Unfortunately, I do have to sleep eventually no matter how long I fight it, haha. I almost dread having those dreams just because I feel so weird afterwards for so long. I don't have those dreams all the time, but I can most definitely tell a difference in those dreams vs. regular old weird dreams haha.

11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Most of my dreams I remember are vague, like remembering being very drunk, but those two PL dreams are very vivid. They feel different.

Its a shame I can't confirm the layout of the Collins homestead kitchen as it was burnt down during the war of independence. I have a feeling those two dreams took details from my PL memories for some reason.

12. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Jim,

You're second dream above is especially fascinating. Do you have any further thoughts on what she meant?

The only dream I have that I take to be directly related to PLs was one I had rather early in the process, where I saw a small house, not very impressive, but a cottage of a style built in the 20s and 30s in some areas around where I live. It gave the appearance of being slab built rather than elevated off grade, but when I stepped in the door I found that I was in a fairly large, rather dark room (which would have taken up most of the interior) with a raw dirt floor and neat rows of graves with tomb stones to my left. It was not particularly spooky. I actually had a bit of the quiet attitude that comes over one visiting a funeral parlor for a "viewing" of the dearly departed. It was cool and dark with a strong smell of raw earth. As I began to awake, I tried to remember the number of graves. Somehow there seemed to be only about a dozen, maybe 4 across and 3 deep, but as can be the case in dreams, I could not exactly remember whether that was all, or there were more back there hidden in the dark behind the last row I noticed in my dream. I think if I could have studied them, there would have been the names of a past life, etc. on each one, but my dream didn't last long enough for me to see.

In dreams, houses often represent our self in a static sense, and within "me" in this particular representation, there were a dozen or more graves visible representing lives now gone. I have not gone back there again in my dreams, though I wouldn't mind visiting again sometime to bring back some of those names and dates. That seems like a less "painful" way to be introduced to a PL.

Cordially,
    S&S

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I don't know why we were in the Collins kitchen in Cork S&S. My relationship with Hannie was based in London not Cork. I also wonder if it was a visitation dream with a PL spirit because Hannie seemed so real.

I always said that my current life was my last life, even before I believed in reincarnation. I also believe that I might have gained PL knowledge at the cost of my eternal soul. I found that dream, set around the 1910s, to be very strange for that reason. Why would my PL self be
    informed that I had one more incarnation when Jim hadn't even been born yet to make the mistakes that led to my last incarnation? The dream gave me hope that my souls journey was already preordained. Although it could also mean that God was giving me one more chance and I blew it. Although I didn't get the sense what Hannie was saying was ominous. If it hadn't been for the fact that it was a PL dream I would think that Jim would return to earth, but because it was PL related I think she was telling me that Collins would return to Earth.

It reminds me of a poem I read once about Collins returning when Ireland needs him most and that happened in 2013. I take what Hannie said to mean that everything is about destiny, that I'm on the right path. That's my hope anyway.

From what your saying about your own PL related dream you seem to believe that one can gain PL information from such dreams, even if they aren't a specific PL memory. Do you think that my dreams were a message or just dreams?

TruroNE likes this.
  14. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Jim,

I think dreams can be very significant, especially the kind you are describing. The important ones are the ones you remember. However, I sometimes find that I have deja vu experiences where I didn't remember the dream at the time, but something happens and all of the sudden the dream flashes through my mind and I say, "Oh yeah! I dreamed about this . . ." (I guess that can be considered to be delayed memory of the dream). Another dream that I generally find to be important are what I call "wake me up dreams"--the kind where you come to wakefulness at some critical (and sometimes disturbing moment) in the dream.

Sometimes the "memorable" dreams tell me important things about myself or my life path, and sometimes they seem to foreshadow future events. Interestingly, the ones that I remember at the time they happen are always typical dreams, with the usual strange dream symbols. Over time I have come to recognize certain repeating symbols and what they mean, so I can often come up with an interpretation. The types that I recall later when something actually happens, appear to be direct and realistic visions. I don't know the reason for that. For example, my wife and I have been in the hospital a lot with my daughter over the last couple of months. A moment came where I once again had that . . . Oh yeah! experience in knowing that I had dreamed about this. I mentioned it to my wife, and she confirmed that she also had the same experience.

Anyhow, getting back to your dream about Hannie, this sounds like a visitation of some sort, whether it was actually her spirit (which seems most likely to me) or another projecting her as a means of conveying something. Dreams of this type seem to be pretty common, and also turn up in the Bible. (E.g., an angel came to Joseph in a dream and told him to flee with the infant Jesus to Egypt). Anyhow, neither Jim nor Collins will be returning to Earth. Those identities have or will be laid to rest and be rotting in a coffin--as your first dream showed you. (There is some similar symbolism in my dream reported above). At some point we will all shed the current identity along with the current body, and continue on without them. If "Collins" comes back again, this most likely would mean that you would return in a role somewhat like "Collins" or that would impact the people of Ireland in a similar way (hopefully with the kinks ironed out). However, it could also mean that someone else will play a Collins-type role in the future. This brings to mind the ambiguous statements about whether the spirit that once inhabited the body of John the Baptist WAS the same as the one who once inhabited Elijah--or whether it was a different spirit that came with the same inspiration/role as Elijah. (There is a lot of argument on that point pitting proponents of reincarnation against opponents--I can see it either way though I'd like it to be a clear reincarnation reference).

The most interesting thing to me in what you report is the "last incarnation" aspect. I don't see that as bad. I know you might have some trepidation, but be honest. Aren't you more than a little tired of playing with the toys in this sandbox? You sure sound like it. It may just be time for you to move on from nursery school to a higher plane of existence. Of course, that doesn't mean that you might not return. But there is a big difference between being a student and coming back as a teacher or in another advanced role. Maybe that has something to do with the "Collins" reference. Maybe, as noted above, you are slated to come back at some point as a more perfected version.

Cordially,
    S&S

15. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

These I do always recall, especially if they repeat themselves or continue from where they were cut off
    Those are called warning dreams and I've been thaught to pay attention to them and take the warning seriously

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  16. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi S&S. I wish you well with your daughter.

The only dream symbol I could interpret in my regular dream's were the presence of rats. Apparently this indicates a betrayal. I had those dreams often when I felt betrayed in my current life at the same time as having civil war PL memories, a time when I also felt betrayed. Maybe there's something to dreams, I dunno.

Well all I know is that I resent being Collins. I resent that I was destined to do what I did in my current life. I resent having his ghost on my back. Collins might be gone and Jim will be gone one day, but whatever entity I am that has been both of those people is unknown to me. I don't know who I am when I'm at peace. If I do come back I don't want to be destined to play a big role. I want to be a plumber or a brickie or something. I'm sick of being the fighter.

Yes I am tired of playing with the toys in the sandbox. Up turned out to be down and down turned out to be up. I just can't see myself playing a 'Gandhi' role in a future incarnation. I can't see myself doing anything other than fighting. That's why I want a nice quiet life. I fought for that kind of life again and again. Now I realise that if I ever learn to stop fighting I might get it. It seems like an insurmountable task though.

17. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Hi, welcome! Very intriguing- about the dream journal! Is there anyone else that knows of it? Does it stay by your bedside?

I love dreams. I too have been having these other body dreams lately. I've at least a handful through out my life I can recall but this last week I've had two. The first being some older, crazy guy in the neighborhood showcasing his new device which was like a large bazooka styled gun with a glass orb at the rear of it. When he aimed it at you and pulled the trigger your consciousness would leave your body and reside in this glass orb. He did this with me and swapped my consciousness with someone else where I remember feeling the other persons body but still very much being me. I looked at this persons hands and felt different, there was a certain level of detachment from the body but I was connected enough to move it.
    Just last night I dreamt I was a young black girl talking to a buddhist monk I met in this life time years back- Master cau chin. I'm a 30 year old white male in TX. In the dream I was crying to the monk saying something like, "you promised you'd tell me X(i can't remember what X was)." I believe he took sympathy on me and after some dream details happening here I remember his scalp opening up from the back where I saw his brain and some type of elongated red fibers. I also think he was a bit stressed. Afterwards one of his fellow monks came to me as I was leaving from my visit with the Master and addressed my concerns by pressing the side of my cheek(i was still a little girl at this point), he said something wasn't quite ready and mentioned the stars. When I awoke it took some time to adjust back to this immediate reality.

I am intrigued by this transference of consciousness. I have had three very strong dreams back in 2008 that have opened up my spirituality. I will spare you the full details but mention that in them that I was able to view life through different peoples eyes and in one of them my consciousness was contained within a geometric shape flying through space.

Another instance of this transference was when I learned the word Sufi. It involved climbing a tree to beat the flood- I tend to dream about the tree in my parents backyard a lot. As the water raised anything caught in its wake would freeze. Long story short the water caught me and stopped over my head- everything below the water was frozen and black and white. Above the water I had an extended hand with my palm open. There were people spectating the event on the rooftop who had also climbed the tree before me, one man in particular guiding everyone up. My grandpa was there too and he saved me- there is some strong symbolism here not being mentioned because of its length but it ends with a pink heart landing in the opened palm and when this happened everything I was transferred from the now frozen body to the older man guiding people up the tree. When the audience spectating asked, "What of him?" the man replied, "I am him. I am Sufi."
    This would lead me to finding my teacher, Inayat Khan.

In all of these cases I have watched my personality move about. In some dreams I was thrown out from doing so like I was doing something I shouldn't- like a giant hand ripped me out form the chest and slammed me down. Now I am more comfortable about it all- where I will wake up taking extra time to adjust. My most, "casual" experience involving a TV and willing ritz cheddar cheese crackers into existence LOL. I was excited to find you've created this thread since I wasn't sure where to post but was feeling inclined and curious after these last two incidents. So I wonder what you think or if you have any other dreams concerning "transference." ??

Nice to meet you.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    briski and Speedwell like this.
  18. TruroNE

I sometimes see a difference in personality after having these dreams, although it isn't a major change. I find it to be a feeling that I'm my true self again, finding things about myself I've been missing all these years. I've always been sort or open minded, but sorting out whats what growing up and not having anyone to talk to just kind of puts you in a 'role' of trying to fit in with everyone else in the body you have now, but memories of another life. Most of the time I find it hard to intertwine the two, but I have to when possible. It doesn't take time to adjust, I can agree with that. It's hard sometimes to have memories of one life and also having a life in the here and now.

I've found it easier to not 'fight' these memories, or feelings. It's a way of making my past life happy, which is me, then and now... so i'm happy as well. I feel my past life has had a tough time letting go and that's why these memories are here for me, and i've got to accept it.

This month, apparently I had an anniversary. I kept telling myself over and over, I kept getting that feeling where you feel like you're going to forget so I kept repeating it to myself. I was driving to the store to get some groceries, and as I passed by a flower shop I looked over. I turned around, parked, and went in and bought flowers and thought 'these will do.' I know that, now, even if I can never hand her flowers again, she's still in my mind. And i think that that fact makes me happy knowing that it doesn't matter where I am in this universe, I still think of things that made me truly happy. It may be a past life, and some people say to just move on. It can be easier for some, I believe.

cloud potato and KenJ like this.
  19. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Very interesting. Yes, letting go can be quite the challenge. Some things are worth holding on to, like understanding what makes you truly happy. Thank you for the space and the beautiful expressions.
    Peace ~