• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Edward

windows2thesoul

Probationary
Before I figured out my connection to Edward I always thought that my previous name was either Fred or something similar to "Ed". But before I figured out my name (which took years to surface) I knew that my body shelled a male soul since I was able to walk. If you came to my house and looked through my photo albums you would see that I dressed as a tomboy even as a baby girl. While I was growing up I became a Daddy's girl. He taught me how to play guitar, introduced me to folklore, and general Michael Collins who later became one of my heroes out of Ireland. By then I wanted to know every little thing about Irish history, and I became proud of our heritage after watching the movie Michael Collins.

My father "J" and I booked a flight to Ireland. We stayed at the Ariel house in Dublin for about a week and it didn't rain once. Deja vu didn't start hitting me until we set foot on the cobbled stone streets and listened to the brogue of friendly waiters, and tour guides. "I want to live here and go to school. This feels like home." I thought my myself. One of the tours we got to experience was the kilmainham jail. And we even got to visit Michael Collin's grave so that I could place a bouquet of flowers next to his name. This week was cosmically planned.

Back at the jail I remember watching a short movie about the prisoners who were executed. We got to see their cells and go outside where they were shot by the firing squad. Every corner we turned, I fell silent. When we got to the wall there was a plaque that listed the prisoners names and the crowd took a moment of silence. Then I noticed we shared the same last name as one of soldiers. "Are we related?" I asked my father. "Yes. He's related to your great uncle, John D." I looked back at his name as if it were my own.

Years later I found a picture of Edward in his uniform on the internet. It was exciting to find another member of our Irish family AND he fought with Michael Collins. I would say that Edward is my reincarnation due to so many links and similarities, but I'm afraid our case would be discarded by skeptics and scientists based on looks alone. Yet every time I see him I see a resemblance (at least the soul). Who knows, I also could have been a prison guard, or a family friend.

PS - I haven't told my father or anyone else in the family about Edward. I'd get a past life regression but every time I try to listen to one of the videos online my memories are blocked. I guess this case is based more on "feeling" than memory. Do any of you have a similar case?

Hi Shanakee and welcome!

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you experienced a memory recall in Dublin. It's not unheard of that souls reincarnate within the same family. Has your trip triggered more memories?

Hello, Sunniva! nice to meet you. :)

It's hard to explain. I don't recall having a dream about that time period but I did have dreams about Ireland before. Perhaps I lived there more than once. Whenever I watch certain scenes from Michael Collins or look at pictures of the executed victims, I get really emotional about this one other fellow who might be my father reincarnated. We're very much alike in this life.

That's a great story! Forgive my lack of knowledge of Irish history. Can you tell me about Michael Collins?

Michael Collins

Michael Collins [1890-1922] was the leader of the Irish revolution against the British and was executed by them in 1922, bad move on their part, now all that's left of England in Ireland is a small piece of Ireland called Northern Ireland.

And for those who are Irish or part Irish (on my Mother's side) in this lifetime, remember this as you travel:

"May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields,

And until we meet again,

May God hold you

In the palm of his hand."

hydrolad said:
now all that's left of England in Ireland is a small piece of Ireland called Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland is one of the four nations that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain: Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales ;)

Hydrolad Collins wasn't executed by the British. He died in an ambush during the Civil War.

How come every time I find an Irish past life claimant who lived during the same period they are long since gone?

Back