Emotional troubles from past lives

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by somesurrealkid, Nov 17, 2017.

1. somesurrealkid

somesurrealkid Member

Regression for me often results in painful, emotional memories that are sometimes too emotionally complex for me to cope with or process, especially if I don't have their full context.
    It is extremely overwhelming.

Does anyone else have the same experience with past lives and regression, and how do you manage it?
    How do you cope with your soul's fear that bad things that have happened before may happen again?

Soldier68 likes this.
  2. Richard St. Clair

Richard St. Clair Active Member

Hello,
    I have had the experience of bad things happening to me in a previous incarnation happening again in this life. In particular, I was a Mormon black person in the mid 19th century and I starved to death in the 1847 winter quarters of the Mormons in Nebraska. While I was a black person in the Mormon religion, I was controlled and abused in a very cultlike way. This pattern recurred in my present incarnation when I was abused in a religious cult. The parallels between my experience in this life and my experience as a black Mormon in the 19th century are quite vivid and I believe quite real. I even think my abusers in my present incarnation, were people that abused me in the early Mormon group back in the 19th century. Clearly, I had a lot of karma to resolve between my 19th century incarnation and my life in this birth. I was able to extricate myself from the cult in this life and I have been learning a lot about life and love ever since I left that hateful group.

somesurrealkid likes this.
  3. Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace New Member

I think one of the first times I tried to do a regression, I was male, from Spain, protecting an old looking castle. When I was trying to see how I had died in that life, I began feeling like I was choking. My face during the self-hypnosis began to contort and I had the physical sensation of my tongue becoming swollen. I couldn't keep my tongue in my mouth, and felt something tight around my neck. I was so scared because I realized that I was being strangled to death in that life.

I could see my feet were shuffling and I was struggling to survive. I didn't see who was murdering me but I strongly felt it was a person who I know in my current life. It was a bit hurtful as this same person has brought a lot of harm to some people in this current life as well. I did feel a bit traumatized by this experience of past life memory, but I think it helped me to process some physical problems I have with my throat and lots of tightness sensations I feel. It has improved a little for me.

4. serenadingsilence

serenadingsilence New Member

It's super exciting to remember past lives, but we are seldom ready for the strange emotional rushes/of lack of which follow.
    When I recalled my past life, I had no confusion what it was.
    I was stunned as I uncovered the truth, some of it good, some of it shocking, and some bad. I remembered, I knew. Yet, I also understood that I had not been ready, as no one truly is, no matter what one may think.
    It can obsess you, change you, and if you are not careful, it's very easy to get pulled into old patterns which may be more negative than positive.

The best way to me, which gave me peace, is to accept that it happened in the past when you were another person,in another time. Ask for peace/forgiveness and let go through meditation. The crux is that that was you...and now you are someone else entirely in the present.
    We lose our memories for a reason, and if we so uncover them, I'm sure we did so as we trusted ourselves to deal with the old blockages/hurts.

The problems I have in this life are directly related to old patterns - eerily so,as I discovered through my regression. As soon as I understood the reason, I started to let go, meditate, move forward.
    'We think, therefore we are' - literally is the truth I guess. Whichever life we are in...

Best of luck. I wish all well.

5. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

I'm the other way around, I can get a bit weird (for lack of a better term) during certain dates (battle dates like the Somme, Vimy, Normandy etc) that trigger heavy flashbacks or I'm down for no reason
    Then doing a regression actually helps me find the reason why I am that way
    The other day my right arm was painfull and wasn't related to the fracture I had as a kid and did a walk through and turned out that the pain came from a sprain received after a poor landing during the start of Market Garden where my chute and medic bag got tangled upon landing (I can cautiously tap into my PLs without doing a full regression these days)
    After a regression I usually feel calm and can put that PL to bed for a little while, even when it comes to the part of how I died
    But my soul has never known peace, all my earliest memories that I can recall relate to any of my PLs and have always been of war, but I can inmagine that for those peacefull souls (to give it a name) seeing a violent part of your past can be really upsetting
    Perhaps an idea of working with someone trained in regression to uncover happy memories? Not everything was bad and traumatic, even I can tap into a few happy memories to balance the bad ones
    That being said, you do need to adress those traumatic events, as hard and difficult as they are, because that's why you get those memories first/the most, to resolve them and get closure

Soldier68 likes this.
  6. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi CanSol:

Quite a few "warrior" types, have posted on the board over the years. They tend to gravitate to that type of life time after time. You might enjoy some of the discussion on the General Patton thread.

Cordially,
    S&S

7. Was I Reincarnated?

Was I Reincarnated? Aidan

I found out about my past life on February 14th, 2018. The very date (except it happened c. 1943) Anne Frank realized Peter van Pels was in love with her (read my posts if you haven't already and don't understand).

8. Bobby B

Bobby B New Member

A local Akashic Records practitioner here in Asheville NC reminded me that we can set our intentions to see a positive, happy event, even aiming for the most positive experience we had in a previous physical body. I have been doing this exercise in group work with my MeetUp with very positive results. While its true that the most traumatic events are those that most often rise to be healed, we can choose to start from a positive place so we can approach this work energized instead of traumatized.

fireflydancing likes this.
  9. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Bobby, it sounds as though you are having some positive experiences, there are several people here on the forum that would really like to have good memories rather than the ones that are causing them grief.

10. Bobby B

Bobby B New Member

Yes, it was "lightbulb on" moment to realize we can set the intention to go to a positive experience, and remind ourselves that there were happy times in our past lives.

11. Cat1965

Cat1965 Senior Registered

The death memories are hardest of course but the feelings of love are equally strong. Sorry your having such a hard time. About bad things happening again in this life...you will know it before and have the OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE THE OUTCOME. At least this is my experience. The thing is it wont happen the same way. In one lifetime i climbed a tree to reach for the fruit. I was a small child and slipped on a wet branch...fell and died. In this life i have a fear of heights. Never would climb a tree in this life.

In another life i was betrayed by someone i loved. I was about 16 and my boyfriend killed me...he wanted me to convert to his religion. Anyhow, long story short i met him in this life. One night i had the dream and realized the face and person were the same. Our relationship in this life was not going well. He was cheap and complained a lot about silly things. The dream was like an epiphany ..everything matched up. Even his religious Fanaticism....i was over his place the next day. Told him it was not working out when i noticed the knife on the counter. In a flash i realized i had to move quickly to avoid a repeat performance as i sensed his intense anger. I had left the front door open and quickly walked out got into my car and left.......met and married my prince many years.

somesurrealkid likes this.
  12. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

Same! I reticently had a past life regression and I nearly began to cry. I miss my friends so much, they’re up there watching over me, I can’t wait to see them again. I’m so lonely and damaged in my current life, I just want to meet them again, free from all the troubles and responsibilities from my current life.

13. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

I get the same feelings sometimes but I just keep reminding myself that this is the biggest trap you can get yourself into. What matters is this life, every time.

fireflydancing, Cat1965 and AlexD like this.
  14. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

I haven’t been able to do much in my current life. I feel so detached from reality, probably because of my mental illnesses. I feel exactly like the main character in Taxi Driver if you have ever watched that movie.

15. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I got the emotional baggage from git go so to say though I have yet to open the box (PLs) as I like to call it but some days are ok while some are fantastic however the rest it is dark moods that is very different from depression mainly towards other people and life in general. I probably had it bad a few too many times past and that has stuck with me from one to the next though I can also feel some other things that is showing as I am very fond of fine things and high culture.