"famous" incarnations?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Laughables, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Laughables

Laughables Senior Registered

Yesterday, while researching reincarnation, I came across a book in which a woman writes about remembering a past life with the 17th century incarnation of John Lennon. Being a big Beatles fan, I was intrigued, and decided to read some more. My search took me to another site, where someone made a comparison between John Lennon and Branwell Bronte (brother of the Bronte sisters), suggesting that Lennon was Bronte reincarnated.

While I was reading about this, what struck me was that it seems that this soul, if indeed the incarnations are of the same soul, is choosing lifetimes in which he is well-known. For example, had Branwell not been the brother of the Bronte sisters but rather, an everyday Joe during that lifetime, it wouldn't be as easy to draw the connections between him and John Lennon. Because Branwell was well-known, even if on the periphery of his sisters, it makes his case more prominent.

What I was wondering is, what are your thoughts on souls who choose to incarnate into specific "roles", so to speak? Do you think it's possible for a soul to be incarnated as a famous person in two different lifetimes, and if so, what draws these souls to that kind of life? Are these souls somehow different from those who live ordinary lives? Any thoughts?

2. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

You pose some very good questions on a few levels and I am not sure any definitive answers are available to us. My impressions are that the soul has the capacity to plan to do just about anything it wants in our reality, subject to immutable events and its incarnate free will. If the soul has decided it wants to experience an incarnate lifetime with a higher level of energy or talent than that customarily being brought forth for those incarnate at that time, I cannot see any "authority figure" telling it not to...John Lennon as the reincarnation of a Bronte...why not? Unlike Newton's books, I have seen nothing that indicates a restriction beyond the self-imposed desire to work with specific soulmates and guidance to attain certain experiences. Each soul has enormous capability and the more of it they allow to assist their incarnation the more they can accomplish in comparison to other incarnate beings.

However, and with that said, souls tend to focus on varying specialties and they also have varying levels of "maturity" or understanding and creativity which can enable them a greater capacity to function in a more positive and complete manner in an earth incarnation. A less mature soul may have a great deal of talent in a creative specialty and still not have the capability to function incarnate as a Bronte/John Lennon even with more energy present.

With that in mind, I do not sense that there is any more "soul level credit" when one attains fame and fortune while incarnate; the achievements made by "gifted" humans is remarkable here only...over there a soul can do anything. I have also sensed some souls eschew the idea of incarnate fame and wealth as they create distractions which can easily derail the soul's planned achievements for this lifetime. The constant message I have received is not so much the pursuit of material glory and fame, but rather to answer the question "how did you live that lifetime, through good and bad?". Having good responses to those questions are what gains the soul satisfaction from its incarnate tenure. Sorry...didn't mean to get pedantic.

3. pixarfan

pixarfan Member

This site says that Halle Berry is the reincarnation of Dorothy Dandridge. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, it's rather nice that Halle finished what Dorothy started (being a black actress to be nominated for/win an Oscar in a leading role), especially since Dorothy died so young and tragically.

4. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

If skills, passions, and talents carry over from other lives, I can see how fame might find the same soul more than once. It might be that John Lennon did not come into this life seeking fame, rather he was just very passionate about music and the fame was a side effect of his passion.

We are naturally drawn to famous people, but I don't think that because someone is famous that they live a 'better' life than most people. In many ways it is the opposite. If being famous was such a great life then why do so many of them turn to substance abuse and other self-destructive behavior and even suicide?

5. Delonada

Delonada Senior Registered

The problem with celebrity status is that it is like being alone while surrounded by thousand of people. Nobody really wants to know you and your problems, at most feed on them to downgrade you and attack you.

Basically you have to be extremely strong to weather that.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

There is presently a popular book, which draws correlations between many well-known people of history and well-known people of today; and I must admit that I think much of it is a stretch of credibility, merely because it draws too many superficial comparisons which are also shared among many lesser-known people.

However, I do believe that many well-known people of history would be very likely drawn to similar roles in future incarnations; not so much because those roles include wealth and public admiration, but because such positions have influence and require a certain measure of skill to maintain. You may have noticed how some people carry themselves a certain way, and with a certain grace that could only have been refined during many previous lives. It becomes evident that some people are meant to fill some roles which are meant to be in the public eye, while others, no less important, are meant to be devoted to more private purposes.

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Not that Nicolas Cage has ever, to the best of my knowledge, publicly stated that he believes in reincarnation, but this picture popped up in the news this week. A Civil War era photograph currently being sold on eBay for a reported $1 million, which bears an uncanny resemblance to the famous actor. Maybe just a coincidence, or maybe something more to it:

[​IMG]

8. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

On the subject of John Lennon - I found this interesting interview with Yoko Ono in which she recounts the moment John told her that he had been her great-grandfather in a prior lifetime. I think this ties in with the subject, although apparently Yoko's great-grandfather, while not well-known outside of Japan, had been a prominent figure in the history of Japan:

Link: http://imaginepeace.com/archives/10408

9. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

WOW, too bad there's not a "thanks" feature, that last post about John Lennon's Japanese past life is just amazing!! According to wikipedia though, they don't share birthdays, but there's something in Yasuda's nose that screams Lennon!

To answer the first post though, as it was already said, I don't think "Fame" is associated with "good lives" specially since a lot of people we consider famous nowadays weren't really famous back then (I always give the example of Nietzsche), and other lives we also consider "famous" were just known for other reasons and they really didn't experience fame (let's say, Mark Chapman when he dies).

IF the case happens where you experience "Good fame" in more than one life, maybe it's because a lot of us just repeat the same patterns all over our lives and we tend to go into similar professions, and after all, it's easier to experience fame if you're an artist (even some mediocre artists can be famous, otherwise look at examples in the music world today :tongue: ) than if you're a really good Luthier for example, or if you are a geologist.

10. Micjer

Micjer New Member

Sherrie Lea is Marilyn Monroe Reincarnated.

What about Sherrie Lea?

11. cmazumdar

cmazumdar New Member

Hmm

This is very interesting. The more you delve deep, the more you seem lost. But one thing for sure, the mind is eternally powerful - can project and imagine things which are probably unimaginable. Sub-conscious tends to remember things which are left out by the conscious. But yes, I do not think a soul really values being a celebrity or having material possessions. In fact, the more evolved a soul is, chances are more that he/she would choose a more ordinary life style to fulfill higher ambitions and complete the path of soul learning and evolving, so that he/she is free from the cycles of reincarnation.

12. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

From Totentanz (Dance of Death)

Wer war der Thor, wer der Weise[r],

"Who was the fool, who the wise [man],

Wer der Bettler oder Kaiser?

who the beggar or the Emperor?

Ob arm, ob reich, im Tode gleich.

Whether rich or poor, [all are] equal in death."

13. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Jody- Your post reminded me of something I saw once:

"There are two times when you don't care who your neighbor is; the cradle and the grave."

14. myladymarlo

myladymarlo New Member

Wow! I wonder if Nicholas Cage knows about that picture. It made shivers go down my back as Nicholas Cage is one of my favorite actors. It makes complete sense that souls are naturally attracted to roles they loved in previous lives.

15. Ankhesenamun

Ankhesenamun New Member

In my former life in Ancient Egypt I was royalty. I don't usually mention this because I don't want to show off. In this life, I'm not famous as such, but people often treat me like some kind of a movie star. This is especially so in Egypt where I constantly get people coming up to me and commenting on the fact that I "look like Nefertiti". This is rather spooky - I wasn't Nefertiti but one of her daughters! I've often thought - do they know who I am...?

Here in England the general reaction from people is rather negative because people are so full of jealousy and envy. I've had no end problems because of this - people making my life hell and spending an incredible amount of time, energy and money doing so. Many have tried to completely ruin my life, and partially succeeded. I've had the most unlikely people reacting in a negative way towards me because they were somehow subconsciously jealous (note: these are all people that I have not told anything about reincarnation or my past life).

What I also get are people who are strangely fascinated by me - - in fact I get that a lot. They treat me as if I was a famous movie star, swarm around me, look at me like they've never seen someone like me before, and some want to have their picture taken together with me (this especially in Egypt).

I'm not a conceited person, don't show off or anything, so I can only assume I get this reaction everywhere because subconsciously people seem to know who I am.

16. Arrant

Arrant Senior Registered

There have been some fascinating posts on this topic.

I think it relevant to point out, however, that fame is far easier to achieve today than it has ever been. In this age of television, mobile smart phones, and, above all, of the internet, fame can grow almost instantly, and spread world-wide. Indeed, some people are famous simply for being famous - think of Kim Khardashian!

I think it is entirely possible in this age for a soul to incarnate and find itself an unintended celebrity, a state which may, in fact, have a detrimental effect on it's progression. Fame, or infamy, in past ages was usually the result of influencing the lives of others in a positive, or negative, way, respectively. Now even Facebook or Twitter can propel you into the public eye.

17. firebird

firebird Registered User

That's not unusual. It happens a lot, but in most cases the person is unaware of who they were in a prior life and so they cannot give meaning to the reactions (esp. negative reactions) they receive from others. Having read some of your posts you appear very down to earth to me.

(I believe Nefertiti is someone who is in the public eye today).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  18. Eighth Timer

Eighth Timer New Member

I believe I was someone very famous in a previous life, althought I look nothing like the images of her that I've seen.

I believe I was her or I was a very close member of her household or family because: When reading accounts of her life I have often "known" that the details were slightly incorrect. I have never mentioned my feeling to anyone, although my sister did jokingly refer to me by her name once.

One of my closest friends I believe was also a historical figure. I said to him one day "Life's changed now Genghis" and had NO idea why I said that to him. Thankfully it went right over his head and he thought I was calling him a tyrant (he was my boss for a while). I seriously believe he was Genghis Khan.

19. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

Do you mean the psychic (?) medium (?) - can’t remember her name, she wrote a few books in the ‘70’s. For some reason I thought she had passed away. She must be quite elderly by now?

There was a woman on here a few years ago who claimed to be Nefertiti.

This all reminds me, I had a friend who also claimed to have been Nefertiti. She married a very rich old man, a deed which sort of impresses me. Must have been the long neck. :D

We used to sit around and talk about our boss...AKA 'Genghis Khan'! It’s years later and whenever someone mentions him I still shriek!

20. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

I have a brother who looks uncannily like William Shatner. He once was staying at a hotel where a Trekkie convention was going on. Several people asked for his autograph. :laugh: