Famous People who believed in Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Henry Ford who built the first motor car in 1896 when he was 33 years old. In an interview, when he was 26 years old by the Hearst newspapers -- April of 1938 -- he was quoted to say:

------------------
    Love,
    Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

2. ANDREW-J

ANDREW-J New Member

There are countless great thinkers who have expressed a belief in reincarnation.Plato,Nietzsche,Goethe and Benjamin Franklin to name but a few.Mark Twain stated'I have been born more times than anyone except Krishna'while Voltaire observed that'it is no more surprising to be born once than to be born twice'.You can find many others at the following site.

http://www.healpastlives.com/pastlf/quote/qureincr.htm#BeBack

3. Scott007

Scott007 Senior Registered

To all-

U.S. General George Patton believed he had many lives as a soldier, including in ancient Greece and on behalf of the Confederacy.

-Scott

4. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi All

Just to add a little to the list off the top of my head with quotes I have laying around – bit of a mix ;)

5. MaryLennox84

MaryLennox84 Senior Registered

Benjamin Franklin - "I will return as a new and improved version, edited and redone."

Kalaivani likes this.
  6. fiziwig

fiziwig moderator emeritus

Country music super star Willie Nelson, along with Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson recorded in 1985 what is probably the only country song about reincarnation. The Highwayman.

Willie Nelson says: "I got into Kahil Gibran (author of "The Prophet"), got really into Edgar Cayce and his son, Hugh Cayce - books that had real positive attitude."

7. Deborah

And the consensus is..............

----A Gallup Poll was taken in 1981 and on it was asked the question -- "Do you believe in reincarnation -- that is, the rebirth of the soul in a new body after death or not?"

The query was addressed not just to religious people but the general United States adult population.

23 percent believed! This means in 1981 -- using the 1981 population figures of 166 million who are over 18 years old and over, -- there were - 38 million reincarnationists in the United States. That does not include an International count; not to mention that was 20 years ago!

Ritter likes this.
  8. Deborah

Bringing this up for those of you who are not sure. Or have friends that think you're nuts. Well if we are then all these famous, educated people are too. ;)

9. briski

briski Senior Registered

Would be interesting to have an updated figure i'd imagine its higher now

tanker likes this.
  10. Deborah

I think so too. I'll try to track it down, see if there is an update.

tanker, Ritter and briski like this.
  11. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

I would really like to see an updated survey. I think the percentage has climbed substantially what with information availability.

briski likes this.
  12. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Seem to be a lot of us creeping out of the woodwork these days. I'd like to see an international update too.

13. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Yes, an actual statistics from not only the U.S. but from all the Western World plus African countries and the Near East would be interesting. (Not meaning to exclude Eastern Countries, but people living there have been taking reincarnation as a fact since millenniums ago anyway.)

I also wonder how many past time people really believed in reincarnation. It is impossible to find out, of course, as those who believed won't have stated it in the open. Not when they would have risked to be accused of heresy or locked away in an asylum. Talking about something like reincarnation in the open would have had dire consequences between some point in the Middle Ages and... dunno... somewhere in the 1800's? Still, I would love to know if there were people who believed in reincarnation...
    Does anybody here remember having believed in reincarnation in a past life or even having remembered past lives in a past life?

14. Alejandro

Alejandro New Member