Famous people

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Mr.Mann, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Registered

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I found a poll else were on this forum were people voted if they had been famous in a past life and how many times. I added it all up and there should be at least 80 famous lives between the 21 people who said they had been famous. So, I was just wondering who all of you people with famous past lives and what you are now if you don't mined sharing.

Thank you
    Mr.Mann

somesurrealkid likes this.
  2. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hi Mr. Mann and welcome to the forum :)

I don't mind sharing, but I'm curious why you're interested? Have you had memories of a famous past life yourself?

I think it's important when you deal with a 'famous past life' that you remember that it's 'just another' incarnation. There are many people, who are sceptic about famous past lives - with good reason. 'Famous past lives' are too easy to verify through written accounts, books, movies, etc. It can be very hard to know what is a 'true' past life memory and what is just imagination or your mind being influenced by something you've been interested in.

Fame is so many different things. Historical figures, movie stars or mass murderes - having a 'famous past life' is not very nuanced, because 'fame' in itself isn't important, but the life you lived is - sometimes (usually) those two are not the same. That is the real test of a famous past life, because anyone can say that they were Tuth Ankh Amon or Anne Boleyn, but often - when people describe their memories - they revolve around what is historically known, their achievements, how they died, how history portrayed them. However, what if the important thing in their life was the relationship between them and a sister or parent, something within or between them that history didn't write down?

I have shared my 'famous' past life several times on this forum, however I have never been concrete as to who this person was. It's not really important. She was just a woman of her time, decisions were made for her, decisions that for a short time brought her into the center of attention and thus into the history books. However my memories of her are glimpses of a life that doesn't appear famous, but are thoughts of any woman, feelings that I recognize today, feelings of happiness, sorrow, etc. The only reason why I know I was her are dreams and an intense feeling of recognition when I look at her portrait (not the official one though ;) ) and the portraits of her family, particularly her brother and sister.

In many ways I'm very like her today. Certainly, I live in a different time, I'm a modern woman, who make my own choices, but I think I've learnt from her how to find positive things in a situation that I didn't choose, to stay positive and strong.

I believe I was Anne of Cleves, the fourth wife of Henry VIII.

3. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Registered

Thanks for sharing your memories. I did not know if people would answer. I felt a little intrusive asking.

4. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

I don't think this qualifies as a famous past life, but I will share it anyway. I believe I was part of the aristocracy in France during the reign of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. I highly doubt I was anyone that can be found in a history book, but I do have memories of encounters with the king and queen. I don't think that I have said this on the forum before, but I may have had a brief romantic relationship with Marie early in her reign. I'm not trying to convince anyone of this, but I do have a couple memories of it. In spite of being negatively portrayed in history, I've always had positive feelings about Marie Antoinette in my current life.

5. Sunniva

There is a tendency of people finding 'famous past lives' less credible than 'average Joe'-past lives. This can be justified to an extend I think, but at least with the famous past lives you have a better chance at verifying and validating facts than in non-famous past lives.

But, as I wrote above, it can also be dangerous and to much historical knowlegde can contaminate your memories. But then again - that is a problem with researching any past life imo : angel

Anyway, I think perhaps that is why people are a bit hesitant to 'come out of the closet'. Surely there are people, who are not secret about being an incarnation of someone famous, but I think many people find it hard to believe that they were possible someone 'famous' and perhaps are wary that it's just wishful thinking.

In my case, there is no wishful thinking involved. I could have 'chosen' a much more significant wife of Henry if I had grandiose thoughts about myself and I certainly don't envy Anne's life. I think of her and feel grateful of my life, being able to chose my partner, my carreer and where I want to live.

Truthseeker, I think that life sounds interesting! :) Would you mind sharing some more about it at some point?

6. Elis

Elis Registered

I don't think the name and the fame is important, because when you remember something, you remember feelings about situations, about people, etc. Not how famous you were. I have at least one quite famous life, i had memories about it for many years, but I've learnt the name just occasionly a year ago.

Nowadays I'm not very famous, but I have all the chances if I would like to :) .

Sunniva,

You have looked very familiar to me from the very beginning. All the time I look at your photo and try to remember where I could see such a face :) .

7. Truthseeker

I do believe fame is overrated. There are varying degrees of fame, and often fame is a result of circumstance. We have a tendency to put famous people on a pedestal, both from this life and the past. But they are just souls on the same journey as everyone else.

8. Elis

Elis Registered

Every next life you do some progress in something as if you are growing older. So if you really have memories about past lives you can see it, you can feel it. And you understand what fame is. Or what power is.

When you were/are a ruler/a king/ a priest you just had/have more responsibility for greater than usual number of people. Maybe, that is the difference...

9. Truthseeker

I don't feel that fame or power is a sign of how advanced a souls is. I would agree that someone like Barrack Obama, no doubt, has much more responsibility in their life than I do. But so many people obsess over celebrities. Just because someone is on a magazine cover because they starred in a movie does not make them more spiritually evolved than anyone else.

Truely advanced souls seek to help others or provide some benefit to society, IMHO. Fame may or may not come as a result of what they do, but I don't believe it is the initial goal.

10. Laurasia

Laurasia Senior Registered

I have had a few famous past incarnations myself (including one that, in fact, was absolutey obsessed with being famous), but I don't feel that they are any more important than my other incarnations. A lot of being "famous" (at least in my experiences) has a lot to do with having much more responsibilty than most people, as Elis pointed out.

Just because a person is famous/infamous does not mean that they don't experience life just like anyone else. They still have a day-to-day life that they lead, along with all of the inner workings that come with it. More people may be watching/interested in their everyday lives, but that does not change the fact that they are still everyday lives.

Sincerely,

Laurasia

11. Sunniva

I couldn't agree more with you all :) Many good points have been brought up.

I don't think that it's a reluctance to accept that famous people have had past lives as much as a scepticism towards people remembering famous past lives. 'Contamination' is a huge problem for all past life memories - did that song/movie/location/etc. trigger a past life memory or your imagination?

My question:

We all know how fragmented past life memories are, so how did you find out for sure that you had a 'famous' past life?

:)

Elis, do PM me if you find out :D

12. kemetic18

kemetic18 Senior Registered

I wasn't famous in a past life - but I believe I was married to a famous Egyptian pharaoh. My name, the woman I was then, can be found in history books if you really, really search. It was a happy, comfortable life but just one of many, many I've lived.

I learned about this life through dreams and spontaneous memories. I knew nothing about ancient Egypt at the time so I was very surprised to have such vivid, detailed oriented dreams out of the blue. I wrote down the names of people I saw in my dreams (at least what they sounded like to me) - my husband, my daughter, his other wives, other family members. In several dreams, my husband said my name clearly.

I admit I did a lot of research trying to prove what I dreamed. I worry about contamination and even now, I sometimes question it all because it still amazes me. A healthy dose of skepticism now and then is good, imo, rather than just taking everything as gospel.

Despite this being a very ancient time, I was able to valid many of the names I knew. What really convinced me though, aside from knowing things I had no reason to know, was in several of my dreams, I saw the Pharaoh's face very clearly and it was very distinctive. Few statues of this pharaoh exist today and it took me a long time to find a photo of a statue of him in a book. But when I did, the resemblence to the man in my dreams was unbelieveable.

Given the difficulty I had in tracking down the photo when I wanted to find it proves (at least to me) that it wasn't likely I had seen it earlier in this lifetime and forgetten about it then created a story about these people.

Anyway, that's my story. :)

13. Elis

Elis Registered

I don't have any concrete memories about Ann. But maybe I would have some. My memories usually connected with emotionally strong moments.

14. kemetic18

kemetic18 Senior Registered

Its great to be able to share on here. I've never even shared any of my past life memories with my family - they'd think I'm nuts. :D

I'm not sure if "famous" is the word I should have used in describing the Pharaoh I believe was married to. He's one of the more well-known pharaohs but the average person would probably have no idea who he was or what he did.

But 'famous' makes people think of King Tut or Ramesses and that's not who he was. :)

15. Truthseeker

That's what we're here for. :thumbsup: : angel :D

....and, yes, I'm in the same boat. :rolleyes:

16. sarque

sarque Registered

I don't know if I would classify my life during WWII as 'famous', but it wasn't unknown, either. People specializing in certain types of military history might know the name--your average person wouldn't, and it's not a name that would appear in history books. I do have a lot of guilt from that lifetime, being that I was fighting for Germany then.

I'm certainly not famous now. In fact, I'd put myself at 'unknown' in this lifetime, and I don't remember any lifetimes where I truly was 'famous'. My WWII lifetime was the closest I've gotten and like I say, it's extremely far from a household name. I'm not sure that we continue to reincarnate as famous people if we've had one famous life before. However, I definitely agree that there's a lot more skepticism when someone says that they had a famous past life. If someone were to say that they had been a famous king or actor, it might garner a lot more skepticism than someone saying they were an unknown sheep herder or something.

I have recurring dreams about my life in Germany during WWII. When I heard someone referring me to me by name in the dream and then looked up the name, I did find some information that led me to believe that my memories were valid. I know for certain that it was not a name I had heard before I had this dream.

My personality seems to stay fairly constant from life to life. One distinction is that in this life, I am a woman. In all my previous past lives that I remember, I was male.

17. oddzphish

oddzphish Registered

I answered "yes" to that poll in a collective sense - myself, my husband, my best friend, and my son*. Four names are "on book". I will not say which one goes with whom.

Marcus Aurelius

Domitia Lucilla

Avidius Cassius

Christopher Marlowe

I will say that many facts about the latter two names, especially their deaths, are grossly misrepresented.

I will say though, that they are not our main focus, as many other users have shared also. Truth be told, my own "pet" PL is my most recent one, my average joe office guy. :D

* Who recently turned one by the way. His adoptive moms shared some adorable birthday pictures! < / brag >

18. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I've always believed in reincarnation, and when I was in my early teens I remembered being a "privateer captain" during the Revolutionary War Era. I had a name for this person and everything, and I distinctly remember him being English. I looked up his name and couldn't find him, and I was kind of surprised about that because it seemed to me he would have warranted being better known. About 3 years ago (many years past my earlier memories) I was in the Revolutionary War section at the public library and a little voice at the back of my head said, "Jody, look up John Paul Jones." And I did, and at first I didn't think he looked anything like me, but I was fascinated with his antics and the more I found out about him the more I found we had in common. Over the past few years a lot of synchronicity has happened -- it's almost as if there was an outside force trying to convince me that I was this person ... it's actually shaken my belief in reincarnation because I know how rare it must be to be the incarnation of someone you can find in the encyclopedia.

I'm still not entirely convinced, but I must say that I have felt some very strong emotions on a "body-permeating" level from seeing some pictures associated with that life -- e.g., a portrait and a pistol JPJ owned. Then there's the similarity of our names, which is also as similar as the name I "remembered" from adolescence. So I'm wondering if I might have somehow mixed up some past life memories. I still find it disturbing that I think I might have been someone famous. It would have been easier if I hadn't. :butbut:

19. Laurasia

Laurasia Senior Registered

In my case, my famous incarnations are often the ones that I have recalled most completely. The good thing about that is the fact that when I do have a recollection about certain things within their lives I can usually verify with some research. That is how I validated them for myself...researching the truth behind recollections after I've had them. At least in regards to the bigger things within their lives. Though I do have to agree with Oddzphish about history sometimes being exaggerated or twisted over time. :laugh: The more typical aspects of their day-to-day lives is seldom recorded. ;)

Sincerely,

Laurasia

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

There is a remote possibility that I may have "served time" as Rev. Charles H. Parkhurst, who went on a crusade against political corruption of New York City government beginning in 1892. It was known as "Tammany Hall". Backed by the evidence he collected, his statements led to both the exposure of Tammany Hall and to subsequent social and political reforms. Besides looking exactly like me (or me looking like him), there are powerful parallels with my present life. Ref.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Henry_Parkhurst

-Nightrain