Famous people

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Mr.Mann, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Nightrain,

It's wonderful when that happens, isn't it? :)

Must be same here regarding my aversion to "wars"... :thumbsup:

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Even more curious, Wednesday, is that, during the 1990's, I used to work in New York, in back of where Madison Square Presbyterian Church used to be -- presumably where the Parsonage was.

And, like you, Charles; I have found myself leading crusades through the years against various forms of what we considered "corruption". Not all the battles were won, and many supporters suffered for it along with me.

I think that's probably why we both take particular satisfaction in reading the Bhagavad Gita, which examines the state of mind one must be in while facing the consequences of defending one's principles.

-Nightrain

3. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

I do agree that fame is overrated, and like it was said before, so many who have become historically famous may not have been unaware when they were alive that their names would live on in the history books. So often fame can be the result of circumstance or being in the right (or wrong) place at the right time. There are also varying degrees of fame. Obviously the President of the United States is going to be more famous than the mayor of your city or town. I've had the privilage of meeting some (I don't want to say famous)...known names and faces. Most of them would not likely be celebrities where you live. However, the more of these people I meet, the more I realize that they are just ordinary people.

4. Overseas

Overseas Senior Registered

Nighttrain, I can reassure you, if you look close at the glance of Penney and Mr. Parkhurst, the Penney eyes aren't looking half as far or deep as the Reverend's. There's no resemblance to Penney and the Reverend imo. So it's dangerous on her account to publish this book also because she is trying to prove or mentions the overlapping in time of two previous lives. :rolleyes:

5. Charles Stuart

Hi Nightrain,

It seems we may have been together before, my friend... :)

I found this old post of 2006, which I have copied and am posting below: :thumbsup:

Prince Charles Edward Stuart

Seeing as I haven't done so here for quite a while, and there are so many newcomers, I'd like to share how I came to know of my past life as Charlie Stuart:

I was born in Scotland in 1960. My father gave me my name, Charles Edward Stuart Boden, as Charles Edward Stuart was the last Prince of the Stuart lineage (born 1720), and also because there was the coincidence that my mother's youngest brother is called Charles, my Dad's is called Edward, and Stuart comes from my mother's family.

When I was a young child, my father used to sing me a song composed for Bonnie Prince Charlie. When he did, I used to have "visions": two children playing at the back of a palace, a pair of army boots in front of a fire, an entrance to a small town...

At age 15, during a Ouija session that actually worked, I was told I had been Prince Charles Edward Stewart (with the surname spelled out differently to mine).

At age 30 (I am now 46), at an entirely different place and with an entirely different person, the same thing was said to me. An impossible coincidence that hit me like a slap in the face, as I knew for sure I had never made any mention to the second person about what had happened the first time, and this was my own personal evidence of the reality of reincarnation.

Rather than having felt happy at such evidence, I went into deep depression, as, even though I knew very little about Charlie Stuart's life, I had the intuition that many people had suffered because of him.

Charlie Stuart was born in Rome, the first son of the exiled James VIII and III who, by right of lineage, should have been crowned king, but he was a Catholic, and the Church of England and the British Parliament had already separated from the Catholic Church and Pope. James's cousin, who was protestant, therefore became King George I.

In 1745, at the age of 24, Charles went to Scotland with just seven men, raised the Scottish clans and formed an army in an attempt to recover the British crown for his Catholic father. They were successful at taking Edinburgh and defeating an English army at the Battle of Prestonpans, which left Scotland in Charlie's hands.

Believing that the "Jacobites" (after the latin Jacobus for James) in England would support his uprising, Charles invaded England with his Scottish army. They went as far as Derby, just 120 miles away from London, but, without having received the support they had expected, decided to retreat back to Scotland, where they were eventually reached by the English army, under the command of William, Duke of Cumberland, the second son of King George II, and were defeated at the Battle of Culloden in 1746.

Charles then spent six months escaping from the "Red Coats" until a ship took him back to France. After his defeat, however (which in fact was the last battle ever fought in the British Isles), the English soldiers carried out an unprecedented massacre in Scotland.

The present Royal Family are descendants of George I of Hanover.

Some years later, my father took me to Scotland (I have lived in Brazil since I was three) to get to know the place where I was born - Leven, in Saint Andrew's, near Edinburgh. On the way there, we passed a small town called Biggar, which was EXACTLY the same town that I had in my memory from childhood. I asked him if we had ever been through there when I was a child, and he told me we had not, for we only used to travel by train, which took a different route. When we were returning from our trip, we stopped in Biggar for a pub lunch and there, in the pub, there was a tourist brochure, in which I read: "In 1746, Prince Charles Stuart's army camped in the outskirts of Biggar upon their retreat towards Inverness."

I also bought a book about Charlie Stuart when I was in Scotland, in which everything seemed tremendously familiar, like: "Yup, I know this..." And in this book there was a reference to the fact that, originally, the surname was spelled "Stewart", and was later changed to "Stuart" when the Royal Family was exiled in France, as it was an easier way for the surname to be pronounced correctly in French, something I had no idea of when I was 15.

When I returned to Brazil, during a psychic reading, I was told that my second wife had been Flora Macdonald, a young woman who saved Charles's life by helping him escape after his army was defeated, when he was being pursued by the English army.

A nice little "coincidence" is that, from the start, I always called my second wife "Minha flor..." (My flower, in English). Minha "flor", meaning "Flora"? I was also told during this psychic reading that my youngest son, Victor (Victory? Victorious?), was precisely the Duke (William of Cumberland) who had defeated the Scottish army in that life.

To me, this is a beautiful conclusion: that enemies from the past should reincarnate as father and son in a later life to learn a lesson in LOVE...

Charles

6. Charles Stuart

Hi all,

I forgot to mention one last afterthought:

When we are accessing the "Akashic Records", be it via whatever means, we do indeed "see ourselves" as it were, as if we are "watching a film".

The only thing that can travel "faster than light" is "Consciousness". Just as we now see the light of stars of millions of years ago, and if we had an appropriate "telescope" we could see what was happening back then, the Consciousness is capable of accessing "images in light" of the past...

Love to all,

Charles

7. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I wanted to comment on this thread just to say my opinion about famous past lives.

I think first, that there is a difference between having a famous past life and having a known past life. Famous, to me, would be to have been famous in that life, with lots of fangirls screaming for you or a whole reign at your feet, a life in which you experienced fame and you were known by a lot of people back then. Something different would be a known past life, for example, would you say if somebody remembers being Nietzsche he would have a famous past life? he wouldn`t remember any fame at all! just an average life as a teacher who was always sick and liked to write books, and was friends with Wagner, but he himself wasn`t famous, he became famous later. So it wouldn`t be the same remembering being Nietzsche than being John Lennon, although both reincarnations can probably find a lot of books about them.

Another thing is what some people call "infamous" past lives, in that case i would make a difference between people who were famous and then became infamous (example: Stalin) and somebody who was always hated (Example: i don`t know, a killer, Charles Manson if he died). Stalin reincarnation could remember masses screaming for him, but the killer reincarnation won`t remember any of that, he won`t remember any fame, just that people didn`t like him (except some wackos). But both lives will be documented in books as well.

In conclution, not every past life that is documented is a famous past life, in my opinion the only famous ones are the ones who experienced good fame in that life.

Now... not everyone can have a famous past life, but everyone can have a known past life, if you take any average life you remember and you write a book about it, then people reads it and voilá, your average pl Joe life`s name now it`s known by millions. So it`s not really a big deal to have a documented past life, if you discover you have a lot of books written about you, the only good thing about it is that you will easily find validations and precious pictures, the bad thing about it is that there will be a lot of lunatics claiming to have been you, and that will cause you a bit of insecureness, specially in the beginning of your journey, because if you`re only try to find out who you were, no matter if you were famous or not, and everything points to one name, but there are millions of other people saying they were the same person, you will wonder if you`re as crazy as them, and that might slow you down and block you. So in that sense, it`s much more better to remember being John the farmer than Napoleon.

So well, the conclution of this second part is that known past lives in general are like any other lives, the only difference is that you can find information easier.

8. nntrancer

nntrancer nntrancer

My theory about having famous past lives is that some souls have a role to play in planetary evolution, and reincarnate with a mission. It's also possible that if we're born with subconscious memories of having been famous, we may have the tendencies to seek fame or have talents carried over that we use to advance into prominence in our present life.

In my case, I've hypnotized many people and only found two who claimed to have been an historical figure in the past. One of those saw me in her past life as someone extremely famous. That surprised me, but it led me to investigate further and now I've identified a string of famous people who may have been my previous incarnations. I've created a web site that goes into who they are and how I found them, along with conjectural matches between famous people now and their possible previous incarnations.

That doesn't mean all of it is accurate. But it is interesting.

9. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

My daughter had a past life where she was famous but only because of the manner of her death. Actually she would not be remembered by name but by the way she died.

10. MaritaMari

MaritaMari Senior Registered

The main problem about famous past lives is that there are maybe too many people claiming them, sometimes even the same past life, that it present the whole subject of reincarnation in a very bad light.

I myself am not sure whether i believe in reincarnation or not, because I know how fragile a human memory can be and how people tend to be more wishful and construct the whole story out of just one dream "that seemed familiar". Unfortunately, feeling can't be a valid proof of reincarnation because the true feelings can very often be mixed with wishful feelings to the point that you can't clearly distinguish one from another.

When you read about so many stories where people "just know" they were that and that people without any historical verification, you start disbelieving your own potential memories and connection with a certain historical figure, no matter how historically accurate those memories of feelings are. At least it's happening with me. And the weirdest thing is that the more "coincidences" I discover between me and that person I tend to disbelief it more.

In my case, there are strong indications that me and my best friend were married. Whenever we were talking about it she would say that their marriage was great. Now, I tend to be objective as possible, and since what I read about their marriage said it wasn't good at all, I didn't want to oppose it with my feelings. Some time later, i read on several occasions that their marriage was indeed good or at least that they had a good relationship. I told her that and she said: "I told you they had good marriage". When i asked her how she knew, she replayed: "I don't know... I just know".

11. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

martiamari, "just knowing" can be a large indicator in itself, but it's important to separate your ego from the feeling. I think that's why it's important to write down or collect as many impressions, thoughts, feelings, dreams and anything else you can think of before doing research. That way when you being your research, you can compare back to your list of impressions and thoughts.

However if she said that it was a good marriage and you didn't think so, you both may well be right. Maybe then you felt like making the best of it for whatever reason, but then later decided that you didn't have enough to make it "click" and that's the reason you're good friends now and not married again.

When you're on the right track, the coincidences seem to "pile up" but also don't take everything you read for granted either. there are many things that aren't documented (such as personal thoughts and feelings) and what is, usually is biased through the lens of history one way or the other and in those situations, your gut feeling should guide you.

I'm in a similar situation now where my past husband is now my close friend.

12. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

Hello -

First of all, I went reading through most of this thread and while doing so there was quite a bit I agreed with.

That said -

I totally agree with this too. ;) That was well said. :thumbsup:

I think it is good you mentioned about taking what you read for granted - I dealt with this sort of situation when I started to do historical research. There is a book out there entitled 'Mein Weg Nach Scapa Flow' (it came out during the war, but was actually ghost written by Paul Weymar). The English title of it is: U-Boat Commander (and...much to my annoyance, it is still being sold and published). I had to dig through several books to even try to get a 'full picture' of things. Many people are mistaken when they read the book 'U-Boat Commander' and thinking that it is historically accurate (it's not).

The thing with my situation is that I had dreamt of serving on two different Cape Horn ships (Windjammers) and there is only one mentioned in that book - and even some of the information on that one (the Hamburg) was incorrect. It wasn't until I had 'accidentally' stumbled upon information put forth in a word document that I was given on a CD along with photos, about the book 'The Laughing Cow' by Jost Metzler. In the book was mentioned about the sailing ship Oldenburg.

Speaking of the Hamburg again, I had found in one of Alan Villiers' books (The Set of the Sails) information about this ship - and had to do some major digging online after I had come across the information.

But I totally agree that not everything is 'right there' in the books laid out all nice and neat. I was 'picking' through stuff and finding things in 'obscure' places. The end result of all my research is my U-Boat Site. I figured that I was not going to just let all this work sit idle when other people could be educated about all these historical inaccuracies.

13. MaritaMari

I'm a historian and we historians tend not to trust our gut feelings but rather historical facts. And those historical facts are actually something that made me consider the possibility of reincarnation. I simply don't find explanation on how it is possible to have the sensation of self in some period, have vivid images of yourself in the same period in certain places and situations that years later prove to be right and to such details like the color of the walls.

You got the point there when you said that maybe my friend thought our marriage was good and i didn't, because it seems to be a historical fact too. Also, the person I could had been in past life considered the person she could had been a best friend more than a spouse.

14. Totoro

There's some mechanism of memory transfer that's embedded into the energy in ourselves and around us. I believe that people have an extra sense to detect this energy, but it was misrepresented in the age of magic and forgotten in the age of science.

Strong emotional reactions are the key to understanding what's significant, from strong feelings of novelty (I just knew or just really liked it) to strong outpourings of emotion. Many times while thinking about a father and brother I can't even remember I've been moved to tears.

I'm blogging too and it's a work in progress. What I have read, by first hand accounts is so large in bias, it's been a nightmare trying to sift through it all. I'm also astounded though that people are so quick to pass such a strong judgement on things they know little about or have no direct experience in.

I'd change various Wikipedia articles (and I hate my photo on my page) but i know someone is going to come along and change it somehow because they have a 4th hand opinion on what someone else has said *insert face palm here* So in that regard I do it for myself and hope that maybe some one that's googling around will read it with an open mind.

15. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

It is difficult and that is why I, personally, do not rely so heavily on historical records. There is also the chances of those records having been destroyed as well. I feel that historical records aren't as 'concrete' as they first appear to be. They are still making discoveries regarding history, and so for me, it is what I get 'within' that I go by. This has also had the added benefit of not relying on 'outside validation' by people if you know what I mean (simply put - due to that, I have become closer to my soul and the 'connection'/bond is stronger because I had to 'go on my own' with my experience). In that sense, I totally agree with you. I've had other people throughout the years telling me that I'm not a walk-in soul, that I'm not Prien, etc. And I think to myself, "Who died and made you God?" What makes it even more astounding, is the sheer fact that these people don't know me from a hole in the ground, yet claim (and act) like they know me better than I know myself! :rolleyes: I don't have all the answers to 'the spiritual world' and neither do they. To be fair - yes, I originally thought that there was a 'set' procedure for reincarnating - and that was by birth...well, I was wrong. Actually, I shouldn't say that I was 'wrong', it's just that I didn't know about other experiences at the time. So it was merely a case of being 'uninformed'.

I did the same with the Wiki page on myself. I started to fix that catastrophie up back in 2007, and thankfully there have been others since then making corrections. Unfortunately there was one thing I could not amend due to it being 'original research' and that was the 'supposed' incident regarding the HAPAG (Hamburg-Amerika) ship San Francisco - so I figured that, because I cannot put in the truth about that, I will just put it in my U-Boat Site.

In the book 'U-Boat Commander', there was a fictional incident regarding that ship - that there was a collision. But I had personally contacted the HAPAG company (they are still around but merged with Norddeutscher Lloyd - so you see those shipping containers that say 'HAPAG-Lloyd' - that's them) - and asked about this incident. There were no records of this fictional collision - it never happened.

16. Totoro

The process is very akin to doing deep genealogical work and you taking the step to contact the shipping company is something I would have also done.

sadly, my former brother passed away in 2007 and i'm somewhat upset with myself for not coming to a realization about all this sooner. although i've found people with contacts to my former family and their descendants online, but what do you say? I could play the history researcher card and hop eto strike up a friendship with people all though i'm not sure how to approach that.

honestly i'd rather just walk in and say "hi i'm your former aunt" and not misrepresent myself but that presents another set of barriers. :rolleyes:

17. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

Yes - I've tried to go through every possible avenue that I could go through when doing research. I'm just notorious for being like that. I do it with the same intense passion that I have regarding my spiritual life and trying to understand myself.

Yeah that is understandable - it makes you feel awkward. I would probably just go about it that way though, and see what might come of it. I know that, at times, I have felt ill at ease when trying to do some of my research but the way I see it is, "You don't know if you don't try." So I just do it and let the chips fall where they may with it all.

I know the feeling ;) I remember when I was trying to get to the bottom of all this 'Nazi Nonsense' regarding myself (as some not-so-bright authors have painted me as a "fanatical" Nazi - to quote Shirer) that I had to some how strike up a conversation with a member of the uboat.net forum. We had to discuss this in email because the forum isn't a place for politics, but I kept what was relevant and put it in my site. There were enough battles that I had to fight regarding being labeled a 'Nazi'. It felt weird trying to talk about myself in the third person! Ugh.:freak: I just don't do that unless I have to - it messes up my mind.:tongue:

So - yeah, I 'get' what you mean. ;)

18. MaritaMari

Passing for a biographer could be a good for gathering more information with your former personality, and with time, getting in contact with the descendants.

I found it very difficult to tell people about my former personality and that is why I don't do that. Oddly enough, people I have told the story believed it, but I can't still bear myself to say it (maybe because I don't completely believe it?)

Anyway, i wouldn't suggest you to tell the family of your former personality anything because many problems can arose.

firstly, there is a great possibility they will think you are a nut and so all your efforts to get in touch with them and learn more about your former personality would be virtually lost.

The other thing is that it may negatively affect your current life since believing in reincarnation, or even worse believing you were someone famous can reduce your credibility as a person and a researcher (if you want to research your past life).

19. Totoro

Here's one more thought to add to the current collection...

What if in a past life you were a teacher, historian, a writer, a devout hobbyist or some other person that would deal with the examination of a famous persons life?

And then in this life, you're full of a deep affection for this person you've studied?

It's amusing to me that I could actually picture someone in the '50's with their pipe, snuggled away in their mid century modern chic den reading about George Washington or something only to return to the world thinking they were George. :laugh:

20. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Totoro, I have thought about that and I think, for me at least, there is a difference in the level of emotion. With the lives I consider to have been mine which I viewed through meditation and dreams, I sense a dramatic amount of strong feelings for the place, the people I am close to in that life, the situations I was then involved in...even the temperature of the surroundings and how my left boot seems to pinch my foot...much moreso than I think about while incarnate right now (the soul collects all the information our bodies receive...even that not noticed by our conscious self), and in review I seem to get benefit of every aspect of the situation from the soul's eye view...with nothing left out. In fact, some of them include portions of the situation I could not have known (like someone behind the curtain or listening at the closed door).

In other situations I have reviewed through meditation and the akashic records in which I find something familiar and comfortable, but without intense emotion or great detail, I have identified them as experiences while occupied as a spirit guide to that individual...I have a sense of great familiarity with the people and events because I was part of the guidance of the individual who lived that lifetime. These events have almost always felt like I pushed the individual to be the best he could be, to take the high road, to live to their potential and I felt compassion for them when mistakes were made, dramatically unlike when I viewed myself make mistakes and I get judgmental and almost angry at the missed opportunity!

This is how it seems to me.