Famous PL or non famous PL poll

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by briski, Oct 23, 2018.

?

who here has a famous PL

1. yes

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. briski

briski Senior Registered

Just interested to see how many famous pl there are against non famous

Thanks

Angie Brown likes this.
  2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Define the word ‘famous’.

Not that easy as you would think it is.
    Famous and well known by whom?
    Plus in what timeframe? Famous back than in the old times? Still being famous now? Do we need to have our own internet entry to be called ‘famous’? Does having been an operasinger count as well or is it about political fame?

3. briski

briski Senior Registered

I would say famous even in old times as well. Opera singer definitely counts.

Well known by the general public in past, usually means they are still well known now. Even so I classify well known in the past only as being famous also.

I suppose in the modern world the best way to define famous is if you google search that famous person, and there is a large amount of information on them.
    Do not count social media results though as that contains non famous on searches

fireflydancing likes this.
  4. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Never been famous to my knowledge. Happy to remain that way too. Anonymity is a blessing.

BenjaminFR, Spirit Sword and briski like this.
  5. briski

briski Senior Registered

Agreed 100%

6. briski

briski Senior Registered

Its a lot closer than i thought, i really thought we had more FPL than this poll shows

7. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Only one pl where I was well known. Only due to the man to whom I was married. An artist. Victorian England.

briski likes this.
  8. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

I think I've said this in other threads but I definitely don't remember any FPLs. That doesn't mean I didn't think my family was important at the time, due to my parentage or the profession of my father I felt well known in my town/village/clan in three lives (and very poor in others!). Thinking about it now it impacted my life very differently depending on if I was male or female. In my female lives I remember feeling young and excited by my prospects and a little vain, in my male life I was weighed down by the responsibility of upholding the family name, crushed by it. The circumstances in these lives was very different of course, so it might not have been a question of gender. Anyway, I digress, no one famous, certainly no lives recorded by history beyond being a name on a census.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    helz_belz and Angie Brown like this.
  9. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'm glad not to have been famous. As a very ordinary soldier I had no delusions of grandeur! I recall that I didn't like to be noticed. I just fitted in happily. I'm still doing it.

10. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I've voted 'no' but only because I haven't remembered any famous lives as yet. Who knows what else is hiding in my subconscious? I'm pretty sure about my lives going back quite a way though, so I doubt there are any famous ones in there. In one life I was a servant to a King, so I was very close to someone famous, but that doesn't really count I don't think!

11. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Same here Helz.

helz_belz and Angie Brown like this.
  12. Catharina Marie

Catharina Marie New Member

I was quite known in my civil war nursing days so yes i guess?

Angie Brown and briski like this.
  13. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I might have had a "famous" PL or three, I cannot be sure, though. Most of my past lives were non-famous anyway.

14. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Thinking back on this for the past week and there is a common thread with the people here that at one time or another they have been. I always wonder how long some of us have been on this world through out the ages that have been forgotten and we're just going though the motions of life due to karma ect.

15. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Depends on how you look at history in my case I guess, most know about the 101st Airborne during WWII and the family of my previous self had a bridge named after me, appearently still can't let go of me getting killed
    But do I consider myself famous? No
    Do I consider myself a hero? No, I just did my job as I've done before and after that, I'm just good at getting myself killed.....

Spirit Sword and tanker like this.
  16. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I have been thinking about this concept a lot, particularly because several times I have been picked out as the specific person remembered in a conflict (a "war hero", if you will). There were plenty of other soldiers in those conflicts who were just as talented and hardworking, who sacrificed just as much or more and were definitely better people than I was. Similar to your line of thought, I just consider myself to be a person who is good at getting themself killed and was once decent at ending others. So why did I get picked out of the crowd? I was just one person doing my job, so why did my name continue to be passed down? I feel guilty at having been chosen over everyone else there and dirty knowing how some of history's beloved "heroes" really were.

Jim78 and tanker like this.
  17. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Yes, it's pretty sobering all round. Germans aren't supposed to be heroes these days ...

18. briski

briski Senior Registered

In sports though

Boris Becker, Bayern Munich FC and Germany WC team. Some Germans are I dont think its that bad. Boris in this country UK is considered a hero. Theres others as well

19. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Yes, in today's sport. I really meant war heroes when I said that.

briski likes this.
  20. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

:DI envy a little (in a humorous way) people who don't have famous past lives. I think anonymity is a pleasant thing. I'm taking advantage of it a lot right now. Well, I've had three famous lives or that's what I remember.

In one life I was a very famous writer in Victorian times. I read his books and when I was a little girl I wrote about the same thing he did, so... you could say that I admire him in some way.

In another life I was an actor. I wasn't very famous, but people would greet me on the street sometimes.

In another life I was a rock singer. Too famous. ****, I think it was one of the most suffocating lives I ever lived.

And in one life I was an indigenous nurse. I don't think that life was a famous life, but everyone in the place knew me and I was important! :) That's what I remember. Dear anonymity, you're great hahaha.

Spirit Sword likes this.