Feeling a deep soul connection with someone you've never met

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by ColourODarkness, May 8, 2015.

1. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had this issue, or who currently has this issue, feeling a deep or soulful connection to somebody that you've seen through media or otherwise, and getting that longing feeling of familiarity.

I thought I'd start a thread for people to share~

I watch this guys YouTube video's daily, I have done for at least 6 months now, and the connection I felt with him wasn't exactly instantaneous until I saw a couple of videos that he actually showed his face in. There was that "He's so familiar..." vibe that is common among soul connections, that only grew as time went on, and now I have this awful sense of longing each time I watch a video.

I can claim to have been in love, lust and infatuation throughout various stages of my life, but this is different to all of those. He gives me this deep, excited yet anxious feeling, a feeling of remembrance, and I turn into a horrific, giggling schoolgirl when watching his videos. Just a 5 minute video can make me feel on top of the world, like I can conquer anything! My self-confidence flies off the handle and I feel secure in myself and my fate/destiny.

From what I know of this guy we share a lot of interests, we like the same type of music and have a similar sense of humor. We have a lot in common. Yet another reason for my connected feeling to deepen.

It's both complicated and difficult for me to feel such a deep, connection with this guy for several reasons, the first being that he's such a popular person and I'm sure 20,000 other girls will claim to feel the same way about him.
    The second is that he lives literally the next town over, and it's perfectly possible for us to meet at some point in our lives.

The thought of bumping into him is conflicting. One one hand I feel excited, a sense of fate/destiny playing its part. But then on the other hand I'm scared, nervous, worried that he won't remember me or that he won't feel what I feel.

I use tarot cards quite regularly, and I've made several different readings on my situation and how it should be handled, what the outcome might be, how our meeting might play out, and each and every time nothing but positive cards have come up.
    I want to take this as a sign to go out and get him, but that simmering fear is holding me back...

2. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Golly. Well, I guess if it is fate and you are destined to meet, it's just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. If your 'psyche' is urging you to meet him, why not try popping over to the next town when the mood strikes you and hanging out in a local book shop or whatever and see if you bump into him? You might turn up to some public event where he is appearing and ask him for his autograph? Tell him you're a fan, which is true. Why not?

I don't advocate stalking the guy of course, but if it is meant to be, you might well run into each other if there is an opportunity for it to happen. There is not much point in being anxious about whether he will 'recognise' you or remember you. But if you have shared a previous life, he will probably feel drawn to you and comfortable with you, even if he doesn't specifically remember anything. So, I wouldn't worry about that side of things too much.

3. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

:laugh: Did I come across as stalkerish?? Jeez I hope I didn't~ I definitely don't intend on stalking the guy at all, I have the same thoughts as you "If it's meant to be, it'll happen." so I'm not about to go and waste my time just hanging around hoping to meet him everyday or finding out where he works or lives. That's way creepy.

I do however get major 'gut feelings' to go to this town sometimes, and I know my instinct has been telling me to head there at the end of June~ So I'm gonna take a shot, and if we happen across one another then so be it! :)

tanguerra likes this.
  4. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Tanguerra's probably just doing the usual internet, "within reason" phrasing, and not implying you're stalkerish.

I've heard so many of those stories where someone gets this gut feeling to "go here at this time" then "turn left" then "buy icecream" or whatever, and it ends up being life-changing or life-saving.

I recently read a story written by someone who attempted suicide off a pier in a deserted park at midnight in winter. Basically a friend got woken up and felt this strong urge to get a blanket, get in the car, drive randomly, pull into a park ... and there they just happened to see somebody laying unconscious on the shore of the lake in their headlights. So the friend pulled them into the car to wake up, warm up, and talk about why it might be a better idea to stay alive.

All this to say:

Follow the gut feeling. It may not be what you expect, but it's certain to be important to someone, even if it's not focused on the specific person you're thinking about.

5. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

Oh my goodness, I could have written this myself ColourODarkness!

I met a guy on Twitter last November, and as you say we had everything in common (and some strange coincidences in our lives) and I did feel a slight connection immediately. But when I saw his eyes in photos and then his expressions via Skype? Wow. Instant recognition and the exact feeling you describe. Unbelievable. Anxiety, desperate longing and this feeling of positivity, like my life is suddenly on the right track! I found it very hard to convince people of the validity of my feelings, because I hadn't met him in "real life", but at 33 I have never experienced anything like it in my whole life.

The guy in my story lives a train journey away, so I think it's so lucky that you live in the next town! If that isn't fate then I don't know what is! The only thing I can tell you, and I hope this boosts your confidence, is that I was equally worried about him not feeling the same past life connection, but he said so many things that fitted my memories and feelings that I ended up confessing that I believed in reincarnation. He completely shares my feelings (and has some experience with recalling past lives himself) that we have a strange link and even asked if I'd ever wondered if we'd been married in a past life.

We're meeting for the first time a week tomorrow and hoping that some of our questions get answered.

I say be brave and go for it! Visit the town, or comment on his videos and try to get chatting to him if you can. If your feelings are anything like mine they won't let you ignore them for long! Wishing you all the luck in the world.

My thread is over here if you want to compare our stories! http://www.reincarnationforum.com/t...our-pls-as-well-known-person.5501/#post-85145

6. austin makatura

austin makatura New Member

Hey everybody, I'm at the age of 20 now and I haven't really thought about the situation I was in for most of my life. Ever since I was little around the age of 10 I could feel a connection to someone out there. I was able to feel what they felt and see and hear some of the things that potentially they were. Most of my life I questioned if it was real or not, weather it was just my own mind trying to comfort me during the fucked up childhood that I had then. But whatever the reason it has continued to remain sometimes I will feel my mind and my chakras line with there's. There will be exchanges of lustful feelings and many other things. I want to find my way to this person. Because if they are real. Then they known me from my very start of growth in my life.

7. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Oh wow I thought I was the only one who experiences the same things! I watch a Youtuber daily, and I feel such a deep connection with him.
    Like I really understand and know him inside out even though I never met him before. He's only 3 years older than me, from the same country as me and we have A LOT in common! I mean really a lot! I've recently had many dreams in which it is reality and I get so disappointed when I wake up!
    I watch many other Youtubers, but I don't have this deep connection or whatever it is when I see their videos. It's really strange!

8. wickedlitlangel

wickedlitlangel New Member

I have been searching on google and trying to find info, or at least others, who have similar experiences to what I've been dealing with. It really helps to know that there are apparently quite a few others who have experienced something similar. I have always felt a really deep connection to a certain person (celebrity) who I have never met that I know of... it started when I was a kid, I believe. I just always felt like I really knew him, like KNEW him... his voice was so familiar, his face, his smile, his eyes, everything. He passed away a few years ago, and I suffered from such a severe depression, like I felt like I had lost someone that was very close to me. His death was very similar to my fiance, but I just don't feel like it's something psychological that causes me to feel such a connection because it was there long before that. It's really a strange feeling, to feel so incredibly close, familiar, with someone, to feel like you have just always known them when you know it's not possible that you have met in this lifetime.

9. RunningWind92

RunningWind92 New Member

If you read my thread Unique Situation in past life memories thread then you'll see that I can relate to you. Thank you so much for expressing your bravery to post this.

10. Mariana Lara

Mariana Lara New Member

Oh my gosh I'm speechless, I'm so glad I found this forum I thought I was going crazy! the same exact thing has been happening to me for the last 3 months or so with a girl, it's even making me question my own sexuality. It is insane! I feel a deep connection with her and I genuinly think if we ever meet she'd feel it too, there is something that just makes me believe that. Is there any way you guys can contact me? I would love to continue speaking about our experiences.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
    tanguerra likes this.
  11. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Hi Mariana Lara.

That's what the forum is for. But if you feel it's too personal to discuss publicly, you can talk via private messages as well, if others are willing.

12. sumire

sumire New Member

this is weird... i feel exactly the same. you see, i've been wanting to express this feeling for a long time, but since i am afraid that people won't understand, or will just call me a delusional girl, i haven talked about this with anyone. i am taking this chance to express myself. maybe if i say it, the feeling will leave me, finally. the thing is, i also feel like i have a really strong connection with someone. really, really strong. the thing is, this someone, is, in fact, in the other side of the world. i mean, literally, he is in korea, i am in mexico. thats a huge distance. other thing is, that he is famous. i really don't want to sound like some sort of fan girl that has fantacized a lot; i question this to myself all the time, but i truly feel like there is no one in the world that can feel the same way as me towards him. i see him, and i don't see instant love. i have had a crush with a lot of boys and other celebrities, but him... i just feel, as you say it, a deep, excited yet anxious feeling. i feel pressure on my chest, and below it. sometimes i just stare, and try to remember him from somewhere. it really feels like i know him. his face seems familiar, it seems different to me from all the other faces i know —i mean, obviously it is different, but, i mean, i'm talking about the feeling of familiarity he gives me. he inspires most of my work (i am a writer), and tho i don't know him, i can sense his humor. a friend of mine also knows about him, i mean, from interviews, videos, songs, the way he writes his music, his artistic influences, what he says he likes —and she says "he reminds me of you". also i identify myself a lot with him. again; i have never met him. the times he has come to my country, i've felt like a wight over me, i feel really sensitive too. the last time he came to my city was this year, and those days i felt like all the energy of the city was in my back and i had to carry it. it is really weird... i don't know the answers, i just know i like him, and i have a feeling of destiny. i try to deny it myself saying that i am just imagining things, but i can't seem to refute this. it may sound crazy, but it is a knowledge. i know im gonna meet him in a time of my life. i just know it, and i don't know a lot of things, but i know this particular event is going to ocurre. maybe it wont last, maybe it will, but i know it will have a huge impact in me. i just feel like... like, it doesnt matter that we speak different languages, i still understand him. and i feel like he also knows that someone in the world is feeling it. am i exagerating? please, tell me what you think. i've tried to clear my mind from this, but i cant, every time i see him or listen to him i feel it. also, it is weird that i feel way more emotions just by seeing a picture of him than by being with a boy i know in person and i'm supposed to be in love with.

sorry for my english, and really thank you for posting this. i think i will be around this forum.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017