Feeling a deep soul connection with someone you've never met

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by ColourODarkness, May 8, 2015.

1. Emmi

Emmi New Member

I want to share something that happened almost 7 weeks ago. I usually go for a walk in the afternoons to the park and thought this day I would take a different route, but decided at the last moment just to go the fastest/usual route. On the way I saw 2 dogs who had obviously escpaed from their yard. One was a small cute terrier, the other was a scary looking alsatian, so I was hesitant and tried to cross the road but they followed me. I continued to the park and stopped at a friend's next to the park to see if they could help, but they weren't home. I took the dogs to the park. I wasn't really aware of who was at the park and thought I would continue on my walk around and perhaps try and find a phone number on the collar of the small dog.

Soon enough I was confronted with a smiling council worker who was maintaining the park grounds. I told him these weren't my dogs. He suggested I call the council animal ranger. I kind of thought, why don't you just help me! He checked with his co-worker and told me they were about to leave work for the day. This man wasn't keen to help me, but before I knew it he had whipped off his belt and was using it as a leash for the big dog. He found the phone number of the owner who said he would be would leave work and be there soon. Meanwhile the guy told me this reminded him of when he was a child and a lady came to their home with 2 alsatians who had followed her. I think he was trying to impress me with a story but it didn't really impress.

We both wanted to leave and not be responsible for the dogs. However he stayed and I left because I had a sleeping baby at home and my husband was about to go out. I sort of wished I had stayed, but I knew I had to go.

This whole scene sounds pretty mundane, but later that night I was thinking about it and realised just how sexy it was making me feel! That man who whipped off his belt in front of me and took control of the scary dog. The way he walked next to me with the dogs, making casual conversation. We had to walk together because he said the dogs wanted to be with me. I can't get him out of my mind. He has completely shaken my world!

I am married, in my mid 40's with 2 small kids. He knows I am married with kids. I feel like the scenario was so intense and weird. Sometimes I have cried about it and thought, this wasn't meant to happen! I don't need to be craving another man who I will probably never see again. Even if I saw him, what would be the point? I would like to say thank you and would love to tell him how he changed my life. What I am taking from this is that this man has unleashed a new sexuality in me. I even shared this man in fantasies with my husband (he likes that stuff). I have also had several of my own fantasies. I am completely craving to see him again.

Do you think he is feeling the same way? My feelings are so strong I feel like it can't be one-sided. I feel like his energy is merging with mine to create these feelings. It makes me feel good to think that we are sharing this intense personal experience, however he might not be thinking about it at all.

2. Cici_Gemini

Cici_Gemini New Member

Well after reading the posts I don't feel too silly posting. I am in love with someone I have never met in person. We both feel the same way...like we know each other from somewhere, but here is the rub...we are in the same city and no matter what we try something always happens to keep up from meeting. If we try to meet for lunch, he will get called into a mandatory meeting - if he tries to come to my house - car wreck. You name it - it's happened over the past year. Even our friends who kinda introduced us are scratching their heads. He even tried coming to me via Uber (driver got hopelessly lost - said her GPS never did that before). But we can actually feel each other. I know when he is thinking about me, and vice versa..it's like we are connected. First time I saw his picture it took my breath away. It's like our souls are intertwined, but why is the universe putting up every single roadblock - I have tried to walk away but it's like we are magnets. It's like I know him - have been with him before. What makes it odder is that I am 12 years older then him and we are both Gemini's. I feel like an old fool but this feeling won't go away.

3. Charles Whitaker

Charles Whitaker New Member

I was driving down the road two days ago and saw a car a little bit ahead on the interstate. I kept my eye on it and studied the driving. I felt like I needed to know the person in the car. All I have been thinking about these past days is who was in the car and why I had such an urge to know them. I felt like it was someone that I knew and was friends with, even though I haven't seen them before.

4. WriteNow

WriteNow New Member

I absolutely have had an "I know that person" feeling about a stranger. But I don't know that they had it about me. I feel like if we really were connected the other person would feel it too. So I don't know whether the person was simply familiar in some way I couldn't identify.

This has happened to me several times.

And then of course I have had an instant friend connection with a few people in my life, where although we were meeting for the first time it almost felt more like "Hey, great to see you again" than "nice to meet you," from but both sides.

I almost never feel this way about someone who is a celebrity or something, a person I will never actually meet.

5. Amy.fate

Amy.fate Looking for an answer

I feel strongly relatable hence the person I'm having this deep connection with is a celebrity as well, it's all started this year because it was meant I spent the last couple days researching and I came out with a very weird and creepy results such as our zodiac signs perfectly matched not to mention that I've experienced blocked memory for the first time in my life and I'm 21.. it was one of the worst feelings that I've ever had. I have more details if you're interested just talk to me.

p.s: I know this was posted last year, but I hope you're still around.

6. beatrice kiddo

beatrice kiddo Member

Hello to anyone who is here, I have stumbled upon this glorious forum and I have now joined.
    I am extremely amazed by how many people have the same type of gut feelings as I, there is a chance in the world I could speak up about any of what I am about to say as people wouldn’t believe me.
    It all started when I was around 12 or 13. I had these strong gut feelings and sense that someone on the other side of the world was mine and we were connected. I used to write a lot about that and I could always sense what their hugs are like and what they smell like and how familiar they are. They feel like home. They still are home. I could always feel their emerald eyes on me, even though they aren’t in the same country as me. Their hands roaming my body and the way they hold me (I was a horny child) he’s older than me I can sense that. And as I started to grow more and mature more (I’m 20 now) that familiar unhappiness and depression rose again. Of how I wasn’t where I was supposed to be, I feel I was reincarnated to finish off and make a bang for this life yet my soul is scattered. Part to him, part to a country, part to an occupation and part to me.

This past life connection with someone who turns out to be famous now is still very strong and I don’t know what anything means. There are strang symbols and coincidences that have occurred and I am very lost as to what to do. Please help me or provide some sort of guidance/insight.

Thank you x

7. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Bernice, I hope that you find some of what you are looking for in way of direction. I hope that you have not put your life completely on hold until you find this person. I'm sure that others here share similar feelings and can relate. I hope that you find time to post more about any other reincarnation memories or experiences that you have had.

8. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

i saw on my instagram 'posts you may like' a person that seemed so familiar to me. Why did that photo just pop up? it's usually cars, cape cod, scotland and ireland, or dogs that i'm interested in. It was a photo of a man and his mother. I went to his profile and looked, it was like looking at family that i hadn't seen in years. Of course older. You know, it's hard to just send someone a message and say "You're mom looks familiar to me" I did see a post he had posted about past lives and such. He seems like an open guy. but I'm not about to say "hey i might be your grandfather and now i'm a 28 year old woman" because... why. :D

9. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Uhm yeah, that wouldn't be such a smart ideao_O
    I ocaissionaly check in on some of my family from past lives, mostly when I'm in a bit of a mood and that despite that I got killed that they're doing well
    I don't consider it any different than checking on my younger half brother and sister from this life (who I haven't seen since they were toddlers)

10. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

Basically what I was thinking as well. Even if someone is spiritual, i think the last thing they would want to hear is that from some stranger. And everyone is doing quite well without me.

That's good to hear. Makes me feel a little less crazy.Haha. I've written down all my children's birthdays in my planner. I don't want to forget them. I love seeing that everyone is still close and it's great to see how the family has grown so much. But what do you expect from so many children, haha. I couldn't be happier for them all. and you're quite right - it really does help when you're in a mood.

beatrice kiddo likes this.
  11. BlankFace

BlankFace Member

I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread. I quickly created this account to post my thoughts, share it with you all.

I honestly feel the energy of my soulmate getting stronger the more I step further into my life. I'm almost 24 this year, and I've been experiencing this ghostly, all too familiar feeling of familiarity with someone I have yet to meet.

I see in him within the many men I've met, and haven't met. By haven't met, I mean in media (behind the screen).
    I've seen him countless of times in my dreams.
    Countless.

I still remember the first dream I had where he showed. It was the night of my birthday, the world around was crumbling, tearing apart society. A star transformed into a Sapphire gemstone which fell from the sky and landed in the mountains. Then I saw it...I saw him. He was taller than me, slightly longer and dark hair, and light eyes...these eyes showed how much he knew, how much he thought and how much he can love-- and I don't mean love only romantically, but love towards life, love towards himself, love towards friends, and family, and strangers.

He's showed up several times in my dreams, over and over again, in different forms, different scenarios. But I know its him.

As I said before, I see him in people that exist in this world.

One man in particular truly captured my attention and I won't give way his name. But he is absolutely unreachable, and I dare wouldn't approach him if given the opportunity considering he's already got the love of his life, happily married, with children. He's an actor, but not from the large list in Hollywood. He's still growing and I do wish him well.

But he represents what my soulmate is, and he is the living and breathing version of him.

It's a frustrating feeling because it is a feeling of longing towards something that may not happen in a while.

And I won't say it has ruined my relationships with other men, to be completely honest it is the most comforting of feelings after the breakups. I was happy and lived in the moment with my previous partners until I learned that it wouldn't last long and that they weren't the ones for me.

Through countless hardships, that feeling of him grows stronger.

Maybe...just maybe I will meet him?

And it's just an unexplainable feeling ...but I will try. If you're familiar with a calling, then that'll help.

It is internally and physically prominent presence which resides deep within my very bones. It is an ache in the square of my chest, like a bird beating her wings at the bars of her cage, desperate to be free, desperate to join her mate in unity. It is more so of a pull than something that's holding me back, and perhaps it may happen once I listen to my heart. I've been in terrible conflict with it lately, but that is a different topic for a different time.

I'm just glad I can finally get this off my chest, off my shoulders, out of my mind...and I hope you can understand.

12. BlankFace

BlankFace Member

I can absolutely relate to this, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought this way.
    Don't be depressed about this, love. Just have faith that perhaps you may meet someone just like that. Don't forget to live within the moment, if you find attracted to someone who may not even be close to your soulmate just take the plunge. See what happens, perhaps you could create a soulmate out of them for your future lives.

I like the way you worded "past life connection happens to be famous now" we have no control over what lives our souls do in the future. And sometimes it hurts when you cannot reach the past life lovers.

But I am also a strong believer that we all have more than just one soulmate and they're found in all sorts of people. Friends, families, mentors, pets, even passions for careers. I feel that callings and soulmates both have many similarities.

Starlight82 and beatrice kiddo like this.
  13. Mannie

Mannie New Member

I feel the same with some girl on fb she has a page and I feel like I've been to the places she has been,but in my dream state I look at her and I feel like familiarity it's so weird... idk how to describe it...

14. Prinsessa

Prinsessa New Member

Wow, it feel quite nice to read this forum and know I'm not alone in this!

For me it all started with a musician - from the 70's actually, although unfortunately he never became that successful. Funnily enough when I first saw a video of him performing I didn't even like the song, or think he was attractive! But there was the absolute strangest feeling of familiarity and almost... a feeling of coming home? I don't know how to describe it properly, but it was like I was coming back to something that I knew so well. So, needless to say, I listened to more of his music and watched more of his performances... All of them were so familiar! Some I felt like I could even sing along to on the first try...
    Since this guy wasn't that well known he's pretty difficult to find info on, but I've been sorta... unnerved by the fact that all my 'guesses' about him have been true. What his parents were like, how many siblings he had, what subjects interested him, hell even his pets! It sounds daft but there's no way to describe how or why I know these things - it's like they're just pre-planted in my brain. And they're oddly specific to, I still don't know how I just 'knew' he had two sisters?!? Typing it out like this it sounds so fake, and yet I really have no explanation as to why.

And then there's the strange kinda... soul connection? Man I really don't know how to describe it. It really sounds cheesy saying that I have some sort of very deep love with him, but it's true. Right from the start (even when I didn't think he was handsome, haha) I couldn't shake this feeling of intimacy. But it was so familiar! It didn't feel like a new love, it felt like something I'd known before - again, that feeling of coming home. It felt like I instantly knew his personality. And there's this sense of knowing, knowing as well as I know anyone else in my life - like I know how his hair feels, or what his hands are like, just as well as I know any of my friends.
    I've never really attempted to put this into words before. It's hard not to make it seem like I'm simply infatuated with a musician/think he's handsome - I just can't shake the feeling that we knew each other, and had SOMETHING. And even I'm sorta freaked out by the fact I just 'know' things about him. Even more so since he passed on (quite young, too) a year before I was born. I guess I just feel in my heart & soul this... longing for him. Like if I could go back in time everything would just click into place.

It's funny, he's really so obscure, and yet I found him completely by chance. We don't even have the same native language... And yet I feel like we knew each other so well. It's like I've fallen back in love again (but yet I've never fallen in love with anyone irl?!?!). Or maybe I never fell out. I'm not sure. All I know is that I somehow know this guy and... Everything just feels right

15. VenusUnchained

VenusUnchained Active Member

I think it goes without saying this is entirely relatable for me as well. About 13 ish years ago- I had just started talking to the man I'm with now- and was in a state of debate with myself if I should pursue the relationship with him or not. Well before I had any knowledge of past lives or what would be in store for me in present days when memories began to come back. It was summer and I was coming to the end of my college courses and needed to run into the grocery store for a money order to pay for something- I don't even remember much else than the man I saw in the parking lot. He too was heading inside the store and was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen in person. We locked eyes, and I knew him. He seemed to know me based on the smile he gave me the multiple times our eyes met during the brief time he was in eye shot. We never spoke and to this day I regret it. Memories of a love from long long ago have since come back to me varying forms and I am almost certain that he was who I am now searching to no avail for. I'm still with the man I had started the relationship with so long ago, and I'm not unhappy - but it is one of those "what if" situations I think we all struggle with. He very well may not have been the man that now haunts my dreams but I guess I'll never know.

Starlight82 likes this.
  16. beatrice kiddo

beatrice kiddo Member

I know exactly how you feel. I actually started to tear up when reading this. That feeling of familiarity and wholesomeness you gain and feel when you hear their voice or see pictures. The fact we look for them in other people yet there’s this force that doesn’t allow us to fall for anybody but them!
    My love is extremely famous yet I can feel embraces from him, I can smell him and I can feel and sense everything he’s feeling. I can see him doing whatever it is he’s doing. And I can feel he knows who I am. Meeting him is so difficult and I need it. I yearn for him.

There’s so much I want to say yet don’t have the words or I’ll sound crazy. It’s nice knowing people relate ❤️

Starlight82 likes this.
  17. Quinselle

Quinselle New Member

Fan girl-ing @ 30 or a true connection?
    So I've gone through most of the stories and it has kind of encouraged me to share my own. The year is 2018 and I can't say that I do or don't believe in reincarnation. So until recently I have shared a strange connection with a guy whom I've never met as well. He too is a famous singer and he is also Asian, luckily he speaks English so we can communicate. At first I was all about the music and I wasn't even interested in him and then I started picking up a lot of similarities which kind of freaked me out. I have been communicating with him indirectly on social media but everything I ask he seems to respond to with an indirect video or message, for instance when he uploaded this 1 clip, which i suggested/asked for, he did and even mentioned that he has no idea why he is doing it but yet he did. Also when I post something, he would post a similar thing, so at this stage I am not even sure if it is just a flirting game. I have also been picking up subtle hints and seeing specific numbers everywhere like 22, 33, 88 and apart from that I started to feel that loving feeling again. A feeling of caring again. Like I am opening my heart again which I have closed off since 2011, yup a long time despite having a bf. I feel love towards my brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces and it feels great. I am just not entirely sure whether it has anything to do with him, what this means or if I should even pursue what ever is going on. Or if this is all in my head. What I am sure off, is what I'm feeling and that is totally confused and frustrated.

18. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I understand the frustration, Quinselle. I think part of it is that the only reason we ever encounter these people to recognize them is because they are famous. And it's hard to sort out the difference between the admiration and desire to connect of a fan, and the deeper level awareness that at some point were we are probably close through multiple lifetimes. Our own anonymity makes it impossible for this awareness to be mutual, in a way. And perhaps we arranged the disconnection in this life for a reason. I don't know. I certainly don't mind being encouraged and supported just by knowing they exist out there.

I already know this life isn't meant to contain a romantic connection between us. Another of our soul group is filling that gap, and I trust them with it because they are both equally important to me.

And when you talk about an inexplicable connection, I've got enough indirect but directly traceable links that I can get feedback on the mutuality of our connection. I have sent them mental suggestions (encouraging their relationship with our soul mate) and had them follow through on that nudge of intuition. I knew they had fallen and hit the back of their neck before either our soul mate or the friend that links us knew of the accident. I've witnessed them fall asleep on an awkwardly uncomfortable bench only to learn later that they had been so dead tired during lunch with our soul mate that they had fallen asleep at the table while waiting for their order.

I finally decided I felt like too much of a voyeur because they're so open to me that I can wander in and see what's going on in their life pretty much anytime I want to. As a result, I'm trying to shut them out. (Their partner is much more opaque. I can rarely get a sense of them, though I can send similar nudges if I wish. It's not surprising though, because they're more closed off in general.)

When looking into the past we haven't always been lovers, but also friends, companions, respectful enemies. They aren't the only one I am this deeply connected to, either, so it adds balance to my perspective. I'm not stuck in the "one and only" mindset. My best friend and I also have this type of connection, again non-romantic (We both acknowledge that our relationship is so far beyond the "romance" framework that trying to fit into it would feel destructive.) along with a few others that we both recognize as important from previous lives.

I think these connections exist to show us that we are not alone in this life. Just because we're both here at the same time doesn't mean we're "meant to be together." Sure, we might have the opportunity to encourage each other ... whether through their influence as a famous person reaching us indirectly, through the impression of our existence as an invisible support for them to rely on, through a one-time conversation, or via friendship doesn't matter too much.

When you step back, we have hundreds of lifetimes behind and ahead of us. Being too frustrated about not being in a romantic relationship with them is a bit like resenting a life partner for going on a business trip without you.

Soul mates aren't meant to always be lovers. Sometimes we are each other's guides on the other side, challengers of false beliefs, dream-linked support system, parents, siblings, friends, etc. Clinging to romance actually prevents us from appreciating the true depth and unbreakable nature of those bonds. That level of closeness doesn't need to be physical to exist. It exists even when one or both of us doesn't believe in it or remember it's there. And if that forgetting results in one of us not recognizing the other ... well, that's fine. We know we'll laugh about it on the other side, just like we do when someone close to us is coming out from under after a surgery and says or does weird, out of character things that they'd usually never say or do.

It's actually normal not to remember. As an example, if you're fixated on just one soul mate, you're probably forgetting several others that are equally important and deeply connected to you. Remembering can be consciously used to reassure us that we're never alone or unloved. It doesn't have to result in emotional dependence and wistful longing.

Each of us contains enough spiritual power as individuals to overflow with love even if we never meet a soul mate in the physical world. We do not need to desperately cling to each other in search of more. That belief turns us from resourceful companions to dependents with vampiric attitudes toward the energy of those we love. It's not healthy.

We already contain the love we seek, and to believe otherwise cuts us off from our own resources while inhibiting our generosity in life.

Or, at least, that is what I've learned about myself. It might be a useful perspective to keep in mind.

Ellen1212 likes this.
  19. Aline

Aline New Member

I justi found this forum and it is amazing to see I'm not the only one.
    I also feel a very strong connection with a famous person, and this is not a fangirl type of thing because he is much younger than me and I don't feel it is in a romantic thing.
    It is really hard to explain, I really try to forget this person but from time to time I just feel the urge to see him and see what's happening in his life. And usually when this happens, it is because he is in some kind of trouble.
    He is a very problematic kid, and I can almost feel all his pains and sufferings.
    This has been going on for almost 10 years now and I really hope we can meet someday and I can help him out with whatever he needs.

fireflydancing likes this.
  20. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Aline,

Welcome to the forum.
    No, you are not alone. Me too. For more than 35 years I feel a connection to someone 'famous', although I think nobody knows him here. I have a strong feeling this person has been my son a long time ago. My son or my sister's son. A strong family connection.
    No romance.