Feeling a deep soul connection with someone you've never met

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by ColourODarkness, May 8, 2015.

1. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Starry,
    There is still a realistic change that you did meet this person in a former life. Sometimes the bond and/or the emotions are so strong that a certain kind of protective mechanism works to protect you from remembering too painful things.

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Starry, thank you for posting.I've never experienced what you describe yet I wonder about your statement that "I have a strange and bitter certainty that our paths will never cross in any future lives, either." How does that fit into your experience? Why would there be such limitations?

3. fireflydancing

Hi Starry,
    I like your way of thinking, although I have a different point of view. If you feel such a strong soul connection, there must be something. Perhaps this person reminds you of someone you know in this life and you project all these feelings on this person. If this is not the case, there must be another connection on a soul level. Perhaps this person once was an admired teacher of yours. So your intuition says there were no ties ( no family ties, no romance ) but still there was great love. And your intuitive logic says: why would we meet again if I was just one of the so many students? It could be (yes, my own imagination is great ;) ) I could imagine a lot of extra stories later on, but that's all speculation of course. Perhaps the death of this master was your big trauma, and his death in this life triggered the old despair and sadness from a former life. (you know, just speculation, but possible)

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  4. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Welcome to this forum, Aline and Starry!

There is somebody I love, but this probably won't count. He is a historical figure who has been dead for a long time, and it is possible that I have met him back then. There were many people who would have known him. He is not the type who would have a lot of teenage fangirls swoon over him. My love for him also is not of the romantic sort. There are people who are idolizing historical figures, kind of "worship" them. This here is different. I didn't know much about him when I stumbled upon his name some years ago. And couldn't stop crying for several minutes when I thought of his death. I do not always think of him, but sometimes. Since yesterday or so I feel a deep longing to see him and hear his voice again. As this is a PL-related across-time connection between his past incarnation and my current one, it probably is not exactly what this thread is about. Anyway, firefly... your post seems to be addressed to me. "...no family ties, no romance, but still there was great love... I was just one of the so many..." I miss him so much.

fireflydancing likes this.
  5. wanheda

wanheda New Member

Have you ever felt pain when you think of someone? It doesn't always happen but when it does, it feels like I can't breathe and it never fails to make me cry.

I don't know if this has anything to do with being an empath but I have never experienced this with anyone and I have never met them in real life, just a friend over the internet. It's not the first time I loved anyone so I know this isn't just silly relationship stuff. And that sucks, because I can't explain what all these is. It's literally making my head hurt trying to resist it. Like I would puke. It feels like my skull would break trying to make sense of it.

Usually, if anyone stresses me or hurts me, I just block then forget about them. But there's always like a pull in my subconscious to calm down and talk to them about it.

Mostly she makes me feel partly humiliated, embarrassed and small - she's fierce, but cold and appear emotionally unavailable. It's hard to explain. I don't know if I'm just being crazy. There's just something at the back of my mind.

Can anyone help, please? I just want to understand what's going on and how I can protect myself from this intense energy/emotion.

Shiriya likes this.
  6. Shinume_xx

Shinume_xx New Member

maybe its a karmic mates or like false twin flame.

7. SeekerOfKnowledge

Welcome to the forum, wanheda and Shinume_xx!

Is it a karmic relationship? A soul mate? Someone from a past life? Hard to tell.
    Anyway, the feeling is real, it is there. Being emotional or sensitive doesn't make a person "just crazy".
    As for what it means, I am neither an expert, nor can I look into other people's head and hearts. What do you think this strong connection means?

Shiriya likes this.
  8. bluedor

bluedor Senior Registered

Starry,
    I am currently in a similar situation. However, I was able to meet him (although briefly) and he is still alive. I'm in the process of trying to write out my own experience/feelings and am having a very hard time to do so because this is the first time I've dealt with emotions of this level. You're not alone at all in how you feel. Have hope, you never know what the future may bring.

9. Shinume_xx

Shinume_xx New Member

Yes, but it does makes you feel really crazy sometimes and quite often asked yourself "am I crazy?" with all the feelings and just everything inside of you connecting with this person.

I have been reading nonstop about twin flames, karmic and soulmates ever since I came to known this feeling. I actually stopped thinking about that certain person when I got busy with work and other things though there were times when he suddenly pops into my mind but what truly made me question is numbers kept bugging me repeatedly (11:11 12:12 1:11 2:22) that I had to look it up eventually then just stumble upon some articles that 'somehow' explains the connection but not exactly since they're leaving out the part that 'what if I still haven't met that person' but still gets this strong connection with someone almost to a degree where it is driving me insane.

What you feel strongly for this person will all depends. You can maybe dig a little deeper about your feelings and maybe you can find some answers and what category maybe lies your connection with that person. I read that twin flames and soulmates are almost alike but still has different life purpose and karmic is bit more darker and just drains your energy. Go see. :)

Shiriya likes this.
  10. fireflydancing

Hi Shinume,

I strongly believe in deals we make with befriended souls before we were born.
    In order to get a grip on life, some people try to make categories: karmic souls, soul mates, twin flames, near twin flames etc.
    Personally I think it is BS. It’s just all about our own choices on beforehand. We can even arrange unpleasant experiences with our soulfriends. It’s all about what we ourselves want to experience in our live and our friends deliver. And when you start categorizing your friends by the service they deliver, you could easily forget that it ALL started by you and your will.

Mere Dreamer and AlexD like this.
  11. Harbor1

Harbor1 New Member

I have so appreciated reading these posts. This psychic connection to people I have never met has been my experience throughout my life, and I have done a lot of soul-searching to understand both the mechanics of the phenomenon, as well as to give the experience meaning, context.

With regard to experiencing a connection to a public figure, one major insight has helped me a lot. My generation (turning 64 this year) is really the first one to have experienced this hyper-media saturation of information about people we have actually never met. In any given day, I might be on the receiving end of more data points about a celebrity or public figure through the media than I would about a family member who I do not interact with on a daily basis. If you are an "intuitive" at all, that means you have an open hailing channel, and it is being bombarded with information about these public figures all the time. Even with the situation where we “stumble upon” someone through youtube or other virtual platform, it is still a relatively recent phenomenon. If there also happens to be a soul history, the experience can be very dislocating indeed.

I would describe myself as a "practicing psychic." Although I do not make my living explicitly through my gifts, it does play a substantive role in my work (executive/life coach) on a daily basis. Over the years, I have found two levels of "alt-awareness" with public figures. The first, the most common, is that something triggers my own intuitive gift in a sympathetic vibration with the public figure, and I become uniquely "aware" of them in an empathic/clairvoyant way. I may stay in an energetic sympathy with them for sometime, then it seems to release an fold back into a “normal” awareness.

The second, fortunately quite rare (2-3 times in my life), is where I have a sudden “download” of a public figure, and it launches a swarm of awareness. This can be truly overwhelming, which is why I am happy to say that it is uncommon. In these cases I have uncovered our shared soul history. In one case it required quite a bit of work on my end to heal my own woundedness that had carried over to this life. In another case, it was intense, but a pure pleasure in the recall of a euphorically happy past connection—it was merely ridiculously distracting and required some conscious detachment efforts on a spiritual level.

At a soul level, we all recognize each other. I believe this recognition is the gift to life on this planet, and ultimately will provide the capacity to unify ourselves in the physical world. Wishing each of you peace and blessings as you honor and deepen your knowing.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Mere Dreamer likes this.
  12. SeekerOfKnowledge

Welcome to the forum, Harbor1.

Harbor1 likes this.
  13. Lady Love

Lady Love New Member

I just joined today after doing a Google search. I was hoping to find people who would not think I am complete lunatic. So, here is my story. Names are not important so I'll just say there is a man, a musician, he's famous and he was a huge part of my childhood. At the age of 11, I felt a strong connection to this man. Of course back then I had no idea what that meant or anything, I just felt connected to him and somehow the huge gap in our age (he's like 30 years older), didn't matter. I felt like I knew him and on a much deeper level than just knowing his music. Every time I heard his voice it tugged at me deep inside to the point where I would cry. Anyway, as I got older, I got into other things, and didn't forget about him, but let's just say he wasn't in the forefront of my mind. Recently, I had a dream about him and my recently deceased mother. The next day I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off with him and of course I thought I was insane for thinking it because I don't even know the guy. Well, I googled his name just to see and low and behold there was an article about him having to cancel some concert dates due to recently undergoing some really serious surgery. My heart was beating very fast. It has been at least twenty years since I even thought about him or listened to his music. After that dream though, now his songs randomly play when I put music on shuffle and one song in particular just really makes me breathless almost because I feel like I know him and he knows me. I found out he is coming to town next month for a show and at first I wasn't going to go because I told myself it was stupid to feel this way, that I don't even know him, but then what if I am not crazy? So I bought tickets to go. He wrote a memoir a couple of years ago that I just read and in it he talks about the passing of his mother and our experience is so similar, it made me break down and cry. My mom keeps appearing in dreams and I feel like she is pushing me toward him, but I don't know, am I nuts?

14. SeekerOfKnowledge

Welcome to the forum, Lady Love!

Sorry for being so short, cannot concentrate on writing anything atm.

Lady Love likes this.
  15. Saponi

Saponi New Member

Well I sure can’t say I don’t understand. And I don’t believe you are nuts. For if I’m saying you are nuts than I’m saying I am as well. I think maybe just maybe there is a soul connection. Or you are an empath, which would describe feeling what he’s feeling. I’m sure you have a chance now to find out wether or not your connected if you go to his concert next month. Please keep me posted. I’m curious to know if anyone has ever felt this way and had a connection. So far I’ve heard of no one ! So please keep in touch!

Lady Love and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  16. Lady Love

Lady Love New Member

I will definitely keep in touch. I am so glad I found this forum and people who get it! Thank you!

17. Milana

Milana New Member

If it’s any help or hope, I have felt connections to certain famous(ish) people and then ended up meeting them. On two occasions we became romantically involved. Both those times, they approached me.

I do live in LA, which one could say would increase the odds. Is your intuition frequently right? If so, you might just know like I did.

18. Amy.fate

Amy.fate Looking for an answer

That's so heart warming thank you so much :')

19. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

Just dropping in to say that I might have experienced something similar...

A few years ago, I was deeply saddened by the death of a celebrity. I hadn't heard much of him prior to his passing, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. Like I had known him in some capacity. Then, as I looked into his career and his life, it became apparent that we had a few things in common. Still, even now, I have days where he's on my mind.

I don't know if it's just coincidence, circumstance, or something deeper. But, it has always weighed heavy on my mind that I have been grieving someone I didn't know. Of course, due to circumstance, I will never meet him (in this life, anyhow...).