Feeling a deep soul connection with someone you've never met

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by ColourODarkness, May 8, 2015.

1. Starry

Starry New Member

Hello everyone, I am also new here (registered a while ago, but still hesitant to share my personal experiences).
    I can relate so much to these emotions. I have loved a certain famous person for the past 20 years, and knew I would never have a chance to meet him (he was from a different country). He died two years ago, and that was unbearable to me, even though I have absolutely no connection to this man in reality. My grief is still so strong and overwhelming every day that I can hardly think about anyone or anything else beside him; I mourn him as if I lost a dear relative. I never realized I loved him so much until he was gone from this world. The strangest thing is I know for sure I have never met him before in any of my past lives (I remember so many of them, and he was not anyone I knew). Also I have a strange and bitter certainty that our paths will never cross in any future lives, either. And yet my soul’s yearning for his soul is so strong and unwavering, that I have no idea how to explain it. Just wanted to share my feelings here, as this thread seems fitting. So glad that there are many other people experiencing similar things.

2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Starry,
    There is still a realistic change that you did meet this person in a former life. Sometimes the bond and/or the emotions are so strong that a certain kind of protective mechanism works to protect you from remembering too painful things.

3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Starry, thank you for posting.I've never experienced what you describe yet I wonder about your statement that "I have a strange and bitter certainty that our paths will never cross in any future lives, either." How does that fit into your experience? Why would there be such limitations?

4. Starry

Starry New Member

Hi fireflydancing :),

Yes, I have often wondered if perhaps I am subconsciously blocking something from myself, because I don’t want to remember it. It could be that I had met him in one of my lives, and the experience was a negative one. I even had thoughts that I might have caused damage to him in the past, and he was the victim, so that’s why I’m blocking it. (Not the other way around, though, because if he had ever hurt me, my current feelings towards him would not be so positive and trusting). In case I did meet him, it’s a pity I can’t recall anything. I would rather have remembered even painful things, because that would at least explain this strange feeling of connection.

Hi KenJ :),

It’s just a strong hunch I have, and I trust my intuition, because it often turns out to be correct. There are no official limitations that I know of, but logically if I have never met a soul before, chances are slim that I will ever meet this particular soul in any subsequent lives. Souls that have at least some sort of connection tend to reincarnate together from time to time, they are drawn to each other and to the unresolved issues between them. If there were no issues between the souls, and no shared experiences whatsoever, good or bad, then I doubt there is anything that could draw them to each other in the future. In other words, I believe that the connection or yearning has to be mutual and equally felt by both souls for them to unite (or reunite). Just my opinion, of course.

5. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Starry,
    I like your way of thinking, although I have a different point of view. If you feel such a strong soul connection, there must be something. Perhaps this person reminds you of someone you know in this life and you project all these feelings on this person. If this is not the case, there must be another connection on a soul level. Perhaps this person once was an admired teacher of yours. So your intuition says there were no ties ( no family ties, no romance ) but still there was great love. And your intuitive logic says: why would we meet again if I was just one of the so many students? It could be (yes, my own imagination is great ;) ) I could imagine a lot of extra stories later on, but that's all speculation of course. Perhaps the death of this master was your big trauma, and his death in this life triggered the old despair and sadness from a former life. (you know, just speculation, but possible)

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  6. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Welcome to this forum, Aline and Starry!

There is somebody I love, but this probably won't count. He is a historical figure who has been dead for a long time, and it is possible that I have met him back then. There were many people who would have known him. He is not the type who would have a lot of teenage fangirls swoon over him. My love for him also is not of the romantic sort. There are people who are idolizing historical figures, kind of "worship" them. This here is different. I didn't know much about him when I stumbled upon his name some years ago. And couldn't stop crying for several minutes when I thought of his death. I do not always think of him, but sometimes. Since yesterday or so I feel a deep longing to see him and hear his voice again. As this is a PL-related across-time connection between his past incarnation and my current one, it probably is not exactly what this thread is about. Anyway, firefly... your post seems to be addressed to me. "...no family ties, no romance, but still there was great love... I was just one of the so many..." I miss him so much.

fireflydancing likes this.
  7. wanheda

wanheda New Member

Have you ever felt pain when you think of someone? It doesn't always happen but when it does, it feels like I can't breathe and it never fails to make me cry.

I don't know if this has anything to do with being an empath but I have never experienced this with anyone and I have never met them in real life, just a friend over the internet. It's not the first time I loved anyone so I know this isn't just silly relationship stuff. And that sucks, because I can't explain what all these is. It's literally making my head hurt trying to resist it. Like I would puke. It feels like my skull would break trying to make sense of it.

Usually, if anyone stresses me or hurts me, I just block then forget about them. But there's always like a pull in my subconscious to calm down and talk to them about it.

Mostly she makes me feel partly humiliated, embarrassed and small - she's fierce, but cold and appear emotionally unavailable. It's hard to explain. I don't know if I'm just being crazy. There's just something at the back of my mind.

Can anyone help, please? I just want to understand what's going on and how I can protect myself from this intense energy/emotion.

Shiriya likes this.