Feeling Like I Dont Belong

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Apr 1, 2018.

1. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

I made a list of my interest and I'm starting to look at groups of people with similar interest on meetup.com. I found a group on meetup that looks interestimg. Its an anime/manga and video game club. Also I'm interested in computers and video games and I dont think my college has a computer club so I might look into getting a computer club started at my college.

2. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

Galaxy, you sound perhaps depressed and my recommendation is to try and get some counseling. I am sure there are thousands like you...tell us what makes you so different and maybe we can help you. It is not easy to give advise on so little..i would recommend saving a dog on death row. Call your local animal shelter and start there...bonding with an animal can be magical. They really are mans best friend..

3. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

I already see a counselor and I also already two cats from the local animal shelter almost 2 years ago. I still feel alone though. Mainly because I feel like I'm the only one with this certain phobia. I wont say what it is because its embarrassing.

4. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

we know nothing about you.:)))))...we don't know if you are a male or female:)) ..we dont know your age:)))...so share your phobia...trust me i have heard it all:)) No judgement..

5. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

No I cant. It's too embarrassing. Like I said I'm most likely the only one with this phobia. Even my psychiatrist said he had never heard of someone with this phobia before.

6. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

i will tell you that you are letting your own brain get in the way of your happiness so re-think your negative behaviors....what country are you in?

7. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

I'm in The United States.

8. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

sorry i missed the anime and computer club idea message....all good ideas. You don't sound so different than many college youth..ok you have a phobia. Maybe it is a pass life thing..don't stress out about it.

9. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

My phobia could come from a past life, but I cant remember enough to know for sure and that I do remember my phobia seems to come more from traumatic experiences I had in this life then past life.

10. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

there you go..a traumatic experience can cause a phobia..you got that right...google getting over phobias. When i was little i got locked in a dark basement by accident...i remember not being able to see anything and becoming terrified of the dark after that (phobia) When i was younger i stayed in a 500 year old haunted castle in England....i was woken by a ghost at 3am. It was pitch dark in the room which was huge..i could not find the light. I remember i started to have a meltdown...my husband guided me through it. He also could not find a light and heard the ghost...we both experienced a totally weird event where the room felt like a black hole ...to make a long story short after that episode i was not so afraid of the dark. Kind of lost that one and only phobia..facing your worst fear and living through it, embracing it can help you get over it

11. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

That is sort of what I'm working on with my counselor is getting over the traumatic memories I have of my childhood in this life so I can get over the fear that I have.

12. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Keep going with the work you are doing with your counselor. You will get though this. Love the idea of using the meetup app.

13. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

Sorry to revive this topic, but I'm still feeling like I'm in the wrong place and time and wish I could escape to the forest world. I'm just not sure what to do. I try to tell myself I'm here to use my talents and it helps some to know I have a reason for being here, but I still feel like I'm stuck in the wrong place and time.

14. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Member

you are the only one like you because we are all created to be unique. You are not alone, people are talking to you in this forum, we are here and you can talk to us.

15. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Member

Thanks. I've been feeling very lonely lately and not sure what to do.

16. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

It is natural for everyone to feel out of place at one point or another. Many people here have felt extended periods of out-of-placeness. Some people post about missing certain locations, some about different time periods, and others still about different planets and mythical locations.

I go through this often. This existence can feel so wrong sometimes that I become temporarily convinced that I will wake up under some tree with a sword strapped to my belt, and all will be right with the world again.

The problem is that we are here now. We have to decide what to do with that. Find something to do that you find fulfilling, or perhaps take the time to strengthen a friendship. I cannot guarantee that longing for other places will ever go away, but if you can make enough good reasons to, you will find that you belong here and now as well.

SeekerOfKnowledge and inhaltslos like this.
  17. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Member

Just be patient, you will find your purpose just give it some time.