First Britons Were Dark Skinned and Blue Eyed

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by SeaAndSky, Feb 7, 2018.

1. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi All,

This is a very interesting article that shows how often our ideas of the ancient past are wrong:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ack-natural-history-museum-dna-study-reveals/

Also, I recall that someone posted memories at some point of being a dark skinned person in ancient Briton (or Ireland?), so this would tend to validate what otherwise might seem to be a rather strange PL memory.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Don't miss the reconstructed image/recreation of the person who's DNA was analyzed.

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Very interesting S&S. I recently did some extensive DNA work. My M-haplogroup (Maternal DNA) is T2 and the route to England and the isles came from Africa, through the middle east (Iran) and then up to Great Britan. This does not surprise me as it goes back far enough where changes in our appearance were in the works. Google halogroup T2 and you can see the connection. ~Tman

inhaltslos likes this.
  3. The last age.

The last age. New Member

4. The last age.

The last age. New Member

Not 10,000 years ago , at least 160,000 .
    This is most likely an isolated individual . A bit like finding a white skeleton in Africa,and assuming the people were white skinned .
    The first europeans would have been brown eyed and mediterranean in appearance ,not Chinese ,nor African .

5. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

This is interesting... who actually knows where we have physically evolved from.. I had a DNA test.. All of our recent family history... both sides.. 4-5 generations live in England and Scotland.. Yet according to my DNA I'm 75% Western European 24% Irish and !% something else.. Talking to my siblings I asked them how is that possible that for those most recent 4-5 generations not once was there a union with British DNA or any other DNA that does not seem possible to me
    How is it possible I'm more Western European than most people living there?... This is my physical DNA... then anything is possible

6. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

They were shown up to be mistaken at best.
    They went straight to press instead of the usual route of peer review.

'Chedar Man' was only one of the small tribe of Silures that Tacitus wrote of as being in Britain around when the Romans were here, and were the only dark skinned people. Every other tribe were whites, but various descriptions. You can google Tacitus description of Britons.

What they didn't say was that 'Cheddar man' was merely the only complete skeleton. There were older cannibalised bones of whites there.

The scientific community were appalled at those two, with their claims. One scientist remarked that 'scientific integrity is out the window'.

I suspect they wanted to make a name for themselves. However, when genetic scientists are untruthful, they start both the Afrofascists and white supremicists off then that needlessly causes both boasting, arguing and the poles move farther apart.
    Some will say anything to get research grants (their wages), but maybe they were genuinely mistaken (like piggies fly).