FPL blog

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

2. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

There's a lot of abstract reasoning going on there, all sorts of suppositions and assumptions wrapped up so as to have a facade of being meaningful. In my experience, it is easy to find arguments to demonstrate whatever one wishes, even that the Earth is flat.

The real question is not about fame, it is whether the author has any first-hand knowledge of reincarnation. I didn't see that mentioned. In fact the whole article seemed to be an excuse for not discussing the topic seriously, but a preference for dismissing it.

This assertion:
    is clearly false. There are large numbers of posts on this forum from people desperately trying to establish any sort of factual basis for their recall, not to do with fame, but to do with the difficulty of finding recorded information on ordinary people who have lived in the past.

Personally, when I started to have something relating to a past-life identity emerge, nearly forty years ago, I shared it with other people within a few days. I wasn't interested in proving anything, rather I wanted to test my sanity, to find out if I'd become deranged. No-one ever questioned my sanity - at least not over that. There might have been other times in my life when I've done daft things, but that's another story. :)

Dana, Jim78 and helz_belz like this.
  3. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

the three year rule is ridiculous... there's no way to prove that someone made a claim that long, but didn't tell anyone. How about how long someone has been verifying and documenting their FPL instead? maybe once you get over the 3 year mark of active, public research we'll talk lol.

Speedwell, I had the same issue... I told someone, even if over the internet, in a short amount of time. 99% of that was wanting to know I wasn't going crazy.

A lot of that page just sounds like frustrated, "rememberer" shaming. Some of the points are valid though, about seeking fame.. again, next to how accurate and plausible is the person's validations, how long have they been public about it, especially under criticism?

Overall though, I think over the years, we've hashed out our own set of criteria on the subject. It seems to be something we frequently discuss.

I'd also add that an overwhelming amount of PLs here aren't famous by any means.

Jim78 and Speedwell like this.
  4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Speedwell.

The author says they have past life claims, believe in reincarnation and have been banned from many reincarnation forums. They also name checked this site as being the busiest on the internet and a hub from which other sites are created.

It is true that most of the claims, even the adult ones, on this site are not FPLs but there are times when, for some reason, many FPL claimants appear in a short timeframe. I can see how one who is not a regular contributor could think that FPL claims are prevalent.

As I said, I didn't talk about reincarnation online for years, but I did tell people in my life within days of remembering. Unlike you they ALL questioned my sanity unfortunately.

Speedwell likes this.
  5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Tortoro.

There is a blog post on that site about verification of PLs through historic research too. I just cherry picked their FPL topic. They do present a bias for more easily dismissing FPL claims however IMO.

Yea. I wanted to know I wasn't going crazy either but being surrounded by Roman Catholics they said I was. I was alone with my memories for years until I went online with them and talked to other believers. Also research told me more about the validity of my memories than unbelievers did.

I noticed they used the old chestnut "FPL claimants are really just fans of the historic figure."

Personally I was a fan of Rock Stars, Film Actors and Astronaut's. I was an undiluted child of the late Twentieth Century. Military men from the past or even the present weren't on my radar. Although I do admit feeling an affinity for the character of Michael Collins in the film about him when I saw it but I just dismissed it. He wasn't played by one of my favourite actors and I thought the film had shallow characterisation. I had more of an affinity for William Wallace in Braveheart and Maximus in Gladiator tbh.

What I'm saying is that I understood fighting men's motivations, they held no mysteries for me. I had an affinity for them but I was a fan of Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe because of their performances....not the characters they played.

Really if one wishes to dismiss FPL claimants as being fanboys one has to ask what exactly are they a fan of? For me it was the arts and exploration. Fighting was just something I was good at. I certainly wasn't a fan of fighting men ( although I always called WW2 veterans sir in work, they were the only ones I reserved that for.)

What's your set of criteria Tortoro? Has such a thing ever been narrowed down into one topic?

TruroNE likes this.
  6. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Jim, I've certainly had people seriously misunderstand me - some difficult times when I had to trust myself. That isn't the same as having people doubt you over a past-life recall. But it does mean questioning onself.

Though there are similar problems with near-death experiences, sometimes people leave their body and see all sorts of things, some down-to earth, others more mysterious or spiritual. These things are sometimes considered as delusional, not quite sane. The problem can be in the audience, whether it is a family member or a medical professional or someone else, some will reject what they hear.

7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I hear you Speedwell. Family members and friends simply outright refuse to believe in reincarnation.

I did show my brother and a friend some of my validations I've posted online. They both went as far as admitting that they couldn't explain where I had gained such knowledge....but that's as far as they went. They said "I can't explain it" but refused to take the leap into a reincarnation belief.

I wouldn't mind, I only told my family because I was forcibly drugged and made to disclose my Boru memories five days after gaining them. It was all written down but, being a medical professional, they didn't become Colombo and investigate whether or not my memories were historically accurate ( they were ). They simply assumed it to be delusional. That's not an investigation of the facts IMO. That's witch doctoring.

8. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I actually know this person (or *did* some years ago—-the blog itself is from 2008). They were having some heavy doubts about their own PLs, some “famous” and some not. They made this blog during all that, and I think that’s why the person’s ideas are a bit inconsistent. They ended up leaving discussion groups altogether afaik, but before that I really enjoyed their contributions and I also enjoyed this blog!

Jim78, Owl and Speedwell like this.
  9. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Most such claims are for attention anyway for which most are false while real accounts go down the memory hole as those making them didn't do so for attention.

10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thanks for the context Inhaltslos.

How do you tell whose doing it for attention TABA? Those who just come and go?

inhaltslos likes this.
  11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

You know people, I'm pretty upset tbh.

Last week I was hospitalised with chest pains. Turns out I'd been burning the candle at both ends, drinking so heavily I was dehydrated. I also wasn't eating much so I had a vitamin deficiency.

I got out of hospital but I still had the monkey on my back. I don't drink because I need drink, I drink because its the only way I can relax, watch TV and such. Crippling PTSD, spiritual experiences, PL memories, my lost love I hurt, the damage I did in my pursuit of fighting evil...everything from these past ten years means that I'm unable to cope well anymore.

About all that my family says "Go to the Doctor, get some pills" or about PL memories and spirituality "We don't care about things that aren't real".

There was an argument where they attacked me and now they ain't talking to me.

Drink isn't the answer to my problems but pills even less so. I just feel so alone with my family ignoring me and not supporting me. They just criticise me.

Do youse know, in the mornings, it takes me a few hours to even muster up the energy and motivation to eat breakfast.

FPLs are a *****. It just means I'm responsible for more damage than non famous people.

12. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

Sorry to hear about all the current issues you're facing. But you're not alone in a sense. I've found myself quite the opposite, though. If I drink, I start remembering more past life memories and become confused about who I am now. (I hope that makes some kind of sense)

As far as famous past lives, I've never been vehement in sharing. Mainly because for the longest time, I never knew or cared who I was. However, with ageing I've found this isn't going away-- no, it's just getting more intense. Like when someone is knocking at your door, and you're hiding under the window sill so they won't see you're home and hope they go away. Yet the knocking just gets louder and much more intense... This one's not going away. So just answer the damned door.

As a child, of course, I never understood the concept of past lives or reincarnation. But I always had dreams, I always had things that now, looking back, makes oh so much sense. Things growing up that had been pointed out about myself; my gait, my jaw structure (yes, even my lovely husband has pointed out my manly jawline, haha), how I talk, even my laugh. Oh the list has gone on, and although I feel as if it's people picking out my insecurities because, after all, I do actually realise I'm not like other women my age, and I never have been.

I remember when I was 11 or 12. My father was watching an older war movie. I had started watching with him, as I do enjoy them. I couldn't sit for this one, I remember getting up and just occupying myself with something else. He continued watching, volume blasting, and he shouted "that's your laugh! You cackle just like that" and continued the rest of the day to poke and prod at me for something so stupid, in my mind. Yet another time looking back, I saw these blaring signals that maybe lives can be so much more complex.

Now-the point on the wealth of information out there for people who believe they have past lives. Yes there is that information. However, it can be helpful for some in finally seeing a face and knowing who exactly that was. Why you do some of the things you do in your current life, so on and so forth.

I'm rambling.... Mainly I don't see the point in shouting to the world who you think you were in a past life. That, to me, is seeking attention. I'd be interested to see if I could find my late wife (in a past life of course) who was famous. I shudder even typing that...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Sarah Jane and Jim78 like this.
  13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi TruroNE.

Thanks for your words. It seems drinks a curse for both of us.

I have never been vehement in convincing anyone I was who I was....not online anyway. But when I'm having a drink with a friend or family member and something triggers my memory it would be nice to be understood....as a result, in frustration, I try to convince them its real.

Like you this stuff isn't going away for me.

I never gave reincarnation much thought until I was hit with the reality of it myself. I thought it was for fringe nutters. Although I was intrigued by child cases.

I don't see the point in shouting to the world either. My family know, a Doctor knows, the online community know, a couple of friends know. Besides, this is an international forum, most here don't know who the past lives I discussed here are, besides my mentioning them.

14. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

seems you and I are in the same boat. My husband doesn't want to hear any of it. I've got a few friends that listened, if they don't believe me or think I'm crazy, they're still there and try to be understanding. My mother always laughed at me when I told her of my recurring dreams of dying, once I found out that it was a possible past life issue (say about 6 years ago) I told her about it. Once again, laughed at. So I keep a lot to myself but am glad I've found this forum.

If I remember correctly, Jim--and I'm sorry if I am incorrect, you had mentioned a certain poet at one time? And Ireland? If you need to chat, PM me. It's always nice having someone to talk to that are facing the same issues.

Jim78 likes this.
  15. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yup. Its hurtful when those you love don't take your experiences seriously TruroNE.

I was a General and Finance Minister in Ireland actually. I wrote poetry in my current life indicating my PL.

I remember once myself and my sisters were arguing about something unrelated to my issues. I was implacable and let them know why. One of my sisters spat out "Right! Mick! Collins!" Like it was meant to be an insult.

I replied "I've always been like this." Then I saw a shadow of realisation of a similarity between myself and Collins cross her face....but that was fleeting. She still thinks I need medication.

I'll PM you. Thanks!

16. Totoro

Jim, I always had a pet theory that some modern FPL cases could be because you ( the person in question) were a fan of the person in a past life. Perhaps even extending back into the 19th century, I could see how a teacher or scholar was really into one or two historical people. And then in this life, they learn about that person again and suddenly can remember lots of things about that persons life, when they are actually remembering all of the research they had done on that person in their past life.

I never really developed my own criteria.. but it's been fleshed out pretty well in the forum already by many members. I've agreed with what a lot of other people have said and I've added my own two cents. I think the #1 thing I agree with is the focus..in determing if an online FPL claim is real. If it's on the fame, the person and the extravagance or even infamy of their life, it's probably a false claim. Many of us struggle with wanting to know why we have these memories and how they apply to our own lives. I still contend that most of the reason we have memories is because we are struggling with past life issues in this one, or we had a traumatic past life that couldn't help present itself in this one, or a combination of both. I think fewer people have memories for no apparent reason and they may write them off as imagination or something else.

Secondly, you need proof. It needs to be tangible and not circumstantial. Feelings are only valid as secondary and tertiary validations. Saying "I always wanted to be a princess" or "I always dressed up as a princess" is not a validation. I've been both a princess / lady (empress, sort of) and a maharajah and I never once had any thoughts or memories about being royalty. Princess or king are nouns and they do nothing to actually tell us who that person actually was, as a person.

I'll give you an example of tangible proof.. in my thread, I'm not sure if it's there or not, I posted my birthdate from my driver's license (with other information removed), since it's the same as my past two lives. Someone is free to examine the image and see if it's been photo shopped and they are also free to look up the birth dates of my last two lives; that's public information I have no control over as it's been stated in books and many websites that I could not have possibly altered or faked. Not only do I look like my past lives, my family looks like their past lives.. I posted a photo of a bicycle that I bought at a thrift store that is 99% identical to one I'm riding in a photo of my past life. These are all things that I can prove online, that someone can't say "you made that up" to. These are primary validations, but they are proof and validations to other people.

The biggest validation and proof to me, is knowing something I could not have learned about in some other form. Online, TV, movie etc. Mine was having a dream of being in bed at the palace when we were political prisoners of the Japanese. I had never seen photos of the palace before and later, I was able to confirm that I had actually seen the room I was in along with the contents of it. There was also someone in the room with at the time, who was wearing period correct clothing. The Japanese were fanatical record keepers, like the germans and I would love to see if I could identify the woman in my dream as a Japanese employee of the palace. These photos were posted on a chinese language message board and no photos of the palace have been posted in English, to my knowledge. Even though I believed my memories after some time of getting used to them, this simply provided me with proof that I couldn't deny. I suppose you can say it changed me from having faith and believing, to knowing it was real.

All of this, to me should be able to support the secondary and tertiary validations, thoughts and feelings. Or make them more believable anyway. For instance, I can think chinese words when I focus on them, I can tell you what happened or give you a more detailed interpretation of an event, however having the rest of these criteria in place makes them more believable, as I could easily look up Chinese words online. But if I really jumped through all those hoops, the reader is more likely to believe that I'm being honest.

And going back to something I said about publicly researching online for more than three years.. I'm rolling into my 15th year.. most people with FPL claims don't make it a month due to the lack of instant validation they were hoping to receive from making it publicly. Their motivation is for external gratification, mine is internal.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Jim78, inhaltslos and helz_belz like this.
  17. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Tortoro.

I've heard that theory before. It is possible that that is going on in some cases. I don't see it in my case however. I talked degree level economics with a pivotal person I encountered having had never read anything on the subject seven years ago. I also employed guerilla warfare tactics on them with no training in it. In both cases the knowledge I employed were natural modern iterations and extensions of the person I claim to be's own personal ideas. They were organic extensions, a continuation. Like I had used past life abilities to play jazz in the modern age. My knowledge was adaptable, contemporary yet wholly akin to my claimed past self.

In that case one could say I displayed wisdom and experience even though I had never experienced such things as Jim. What your theory proposes is the imparting of knowledge, not wisdom or skills. Do you think such things would be readily apparent to a researcher?

Yes I agree, many true claimants struggle with it. The posers tend not to engage with topics such as this one because they are about a confluence of different viewpoints. They aren't self serving and bombastic IMO.

Well, I never wanted to be a General and certainly not a King given I'm a Republican. But I did want to win at any cost. Its undeniable that my past selves felt the same way. Yet as you say, its still just a feeling. Personally I find a forensic examination of my memories through the historic record to hold the most weight...yet some people still would say cryptonesia cos I ain't a child.

I know what you mean but personally I take dates and the attaining of objects to be secondary verifications. I place research of memories at the top and all other verifications to be the exploration of the personality, or soul, underneath. Together they all recreate the past life personality in the present age if its a true claim IMO. Still though, not everyone will believe it anyway.

You've probably already read some of my knowing what I couldn't have known validations so I won't repeat them here but I can relate.

I know what you mean. Personally one day I shed tears in front of my sister over the Irish Civil War. She didn't understand. The only external validation I want is someone to get where I'm coming from when I'm suffering. Other than that its all about my soul journey and what it means to me.

Great post. Thanks!

18. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

@Totoro, I really appreciate the post you made above. I felt like I could have written that reply myself, in fact. Thank you so much for sharing.

Jim78 likes this.
  19. Totoro

Jim, I just meant to say that publicly, tangible validations that people can cross reference are the best public proof. Otherwise, I'd agree with in that I'm only concerned with memories and hidden issues between myself (and myself) and my family. As I was saying, historical validations are the most proof to me, but you can't expect other people to believe your claim if it's based on saying you had the same favorite colour as your past life, for example.

I never chose to be royalty.. I was just born into it, YMMV lol.

Forensic examinations of your own history, only works when it's you doing it. I agree too, abilities and such will transfer from lives and again, it's only something you'll be able to understand. Like how I thought it was funny that in the sample of my past life's handwriting, I still wrote with a print capital letter and then cursive for the rest of the word. I just could never remember how to write them all, I was never very good at it. But that's something that probably everyone would over look.

Inhaltslos, I very much appreciate you saying so! Thank you.

Jim78 likes this.
  20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Tortoro.

I agree that tangible evidence that can be cross referenced is the best public proof but no one, beyond myself, has ever tried to examine my claim objectively.

For example, because my immediate past lives self is relatively recent there has been much research into his times, his personality, his tactics, his ideas, his relationships, his beliefs and so on.

I'm saying there is a wealth of tangible historic details, eyewitness accounts of people who knew him, his supposed psychology, his relationships and so on to examine.

As for handwriting, my handwriting is similar to his and that can be examined by someone who is not me.

As I said, there is enough information for one to recreate the past life personality in many of its facets and overlay it on my current life. It isn't conclusive proof obviously but examination by an outsider is possible IMO, not just for examination of memories.

I described a fresh memory I had to an ex member here and they were the ones who found the details accurate to the historic record not I so it is possible for an outsider to examine PL memory. I'm proposing that its also possible to examine the psychology of a PL, the habits, the ideas etc...

Any one of these alone doesn't point directly to the past life person but everything coupled together does IMO.

Yet as I said, some people just won't believe it for their own reasons, whether it be their beliefs or whatever.

That's why reincarnation has never been conclusively proved. Because it still falls within the realm of belief.