Friends

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Oct 8, 2018.

1. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I guess I really am lucky to have at least one really close friend. The great thing about her is she is into video games as much as I am. It's kind of hard finding other girls who are into video games. I guess because they are kind of considered a guy thing. Still I find it a bit of a shock that since my generation was one of the first to grow up on video games that there aren't more girls my age into video games. I guess it's because of the idea that video games are more for boys not to mention geeky. Hopefully as technology becomes more a part of our lives and everyone starts using it more that idea will go away. At least I can hope. Besides since I believe that Male and females are equal gender stereotypes always bothered me. I can remember as a little girl getting really upset for being teased for liking power rangers because it was considered a boy show and too violent for little girls who according to gender stereotypes aren't suppose to be aggressive. Sorry for that rant. I just dont understand gender stereotypes. Never did.

2. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

My wife is like that, and my tiny daughter runs around with a sword, chasing ducks. She is also into cars, big dogs, horses and ballet. Only the latter two fall in the stereotypically female categories. She is way too small to go to the range, a toddler, but I think it will be right up there with those things.

3. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Yeah I was also pretty aggressive as a young girl and still can be. I can remember being about 7 or 8 and beating up the neighbors grandson who was not much younger then me. To this day I can still be pretty aggressive though i try to hold it in now because others dont like it. but I sometimes worry I can only hold it in for so long. I can't help that I'm so aggressive. I seriously think it might be something I inherited that is if aggression can be inherited. It has even been suggested I get back into martial arts but my parents worry that may not be the best idea. Maybe when I move out I can get back into martial arts.

glia21 and Ritter like this.