Gender's "quality" in society colliding in one life time after another?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Jaimie, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

I wonder if there are others on this forum that has inherit from previous lives something that is considered typically male or female and if that is colliding with how other people judge you this time around?

Me myself remember past lives as both male and female. When I was a boy in one life and then a man in another I liked females. I loved my wife. I was close to her. That mattered a great deal to me but then again I have always had that need - to be close to people and for them to know that they can trust me. I knew that in order to be close to someone and have that trust they could not be afraid of me, and in order not to make my wife afraid of me I did not threaten or hit her etc. The same went with my children. There was a line between respect and fear and I knew the difference then too. I was the man I wanted to be, in short. Maybe that stayed with me.

I remember being this frustrated girl who saw her dad push down his wife and push down his kids and that society and the family life was pushing me into being a certain way just because I was a female. It felt as if I was drowning but no one was noticing. In that life I experimented with being part of the suffragette movement which was a secret and once it was out it cast a shadow over my family at the time and we became strangers to one another. I remember my father telling me I was unattractive because I was harsh and hard and unforgiving when I told him I was only mirroring him. Always in that life when I got frighten when I would as an example see my Mother weep. When my Father would walk around the living room as if he owned it and he owned us - my fear of what he was and what he would do somehow transformed itself into pure rage. When he raged against me or someone else I raged right back. I remember trying to protect my younger siblings by keeping one behind my back whilst our Father was coming closer. I wanted him to stare at me and not the others - not to try to punish my siblings. Even though I feared the hate in his eyes I somehow felt powerful because I knew he would spare them and he would chose me. Make an example out of me.

Remembering what it was like to be a boy and a man it was extremely hard for me to accept seeing men behave like pigs and make this "tradition" and use their physical powers as well as their financial powers and overall social powers to push down the women. Not all men were bad of course but it was as if we were all blind. Even the good guys did not do anything to change the law, mainly perhaps because they did not suffer or just lived in oblivion.

As a suffragette I remember saying that we are both needed, both men and female, and that it was not a war against men (which I think many thought it was). What I think some found provoking was that I was not looking for any man's approval - I was using their own language. Often women swirled around in their language, tip toing. I began to mimic the men. They were direct, there were no or very little question-marks. I was really studying their language and how they spoke, how they behaved in a group, and I studied the women and the girls. It was interesting and frustrating all at once. I never blamed men alone for having built this empire of unfair rules, I believed that women too were to blame and that mother's raised their sons and their daughters differently, that the women were part of this just as the men were.

Now I am just gonna jump to the life I remember I had in the 1950's. I was all "feminine" but I could still have a temper "like a man". Women would not understand my behavior. One time my then husband slap me with the excuse that I was "hysterical". I wasn't. I was upset. In that life I remember being in love with "Jimmy" and he with me. I remember another life further back when I was a man and he was a woman and we were a couple back then too, but in the 1950's I saw him as all male and I identified myself as all woman.

Enough about me...

Again, would like to hear your own experiences about this : )

2. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Thanks for your informative post. I enjoyed reading.

Would you say your past lives have impacted your current life gender/sexuality?

It’s a topic that fascinates me.

Jaimie likes this.
  3. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Thank you Landsend : ) I would say that it has impacted the way I look at stereotypes that exists in what society consider male and female. Gender does not matter to me in the degree that I think it does to some. I can have male friends as well as female friends. I relate to both equally. I very rarely fall in love, but in this life I am a female and heterosexual, at least to my knowledge so far, perhaps some of us grow into the new gender as our identification as we age and then we forget about past lives and past gender. I know someone who was adamant in her belief that reincarnation exists but that she had only lived lives as a female. I said I thought she could very well have lived as male as well - but maybe she could not access to that just become her identification, her taught-energy that was suppose to be regarded as female was so strong at that point. Maybe homosexuality, bisexuality could be only explained by chemicals in the body or a mix of past life gender/sexuality identification. I don't think there is anything wrong with homosexuality and bisexuality just because I happen to be heterosexual. The important thing is that people treat each other right and love one another. I think lots of people are afraid and they don't know the reasons behind why one is that instead of heterosexual.
    I remember how surprised a part of me felt during past life regressions when I remembered being a man; I mean, I embraced it. Most lives that I remember I am a female but I think it could be because I am sort of locked down to that identification, but maybe I have had more lives as a man and I just don't know about it? I have been able to relate with rage to people being limited and pushed down due to their gender; whether I was male or female in my past life I considered it unfair, although I also think I made mistakes as a man because I was partly blind, but I definitely viewed the women and the girls in my life as my equals, think I was more interested in the brain, personality than what gender one happened to have.
    /J

KenJ and landsend like this.
  4. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Jaimie, I've gone into my own thoughts about this in various threads.

Seems to me you have a balanced view, and a balanced mind. Your views are compassionate. I'd say if anything your empathy for the opposite sex, namely for women when you were a man could be due to having lived as a female throughout different lives. I say this because it's very hard for men, and women, not to absorb cultural views of what men and women should be.

I've come to the conclusion that sexuality/gender has a variety of roots, past life roots, biological roots, environmental and life experience factors. Some people will swear there is a homosexual gene, and hey, maybe there is. I know myself that I was aware of who I was from a young age, maybe I was three when I first realised odd things about myself. Have kept my gender and sexuality to myself much of my life. Repression seems to be part of my current life story.

Dr. Ian Stevenson reckoned from his extensive research that there is a preference for gender, and that cross gender incarnations happened about 10 percent of the time in his case studies. He did note in many of these cases there was difficulty in adjustment to the new gender, sometimes with homosexuality, sometimes not. Some of these you would classify nowadays as transgender.

For the record, in my previous life I was a man. I was born female this time round but do not identify as such. As a kid I wondered if I was a lesbian for the longest time but never had a girlfriend, mostly because girls were strange alien creatures to me and I only made friends with girls I did not find attractive. When guys liked me, I was surprised and suspicious that they were gay. I did not realise this was because I viewed myself as one of them till I hit my mid-twenties.

It was very confusing as I was attracted to men, too, but mostly in the context that they view me either beyond my assigned gender, or as my internal gender (confused yet?). Now I realise bisexuality does exist, and there is such as a thing as transmen, and no, we're not circus freaks. Took a long time to realise that. Wish I had known when I was younger. Wish I would've had the guts to come out to my family then, rather than suffer with terrible depression, withdraw from life, and become suicidal. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But hey, I have three kids now that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Jaimie and glia21 like this.
  5. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I wouldn't say it's so much how people judge me, but it definitely has an impact. The bulk of my past lives (at least the ones I've seen anyway) were male, more specifically of the very masculine and burly variety. Only one or two were female.

Like, I love to write, but my best works have been written from a male perspective. It's considerably more challenging to write from a female pov because female minds are still so alien to me sometimes despite being one myself this time around.

Reincarnating as a tiny female was a trip and a half. As a child, I often wondered why I wasn't a boy and gravitated towards things little boys would typically like, and I hated when my grandma would doll me up in dresses and heels. Never wanted to change my gender tho

6. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

If I get what you're saying, I've had a unique experience myself.. I think I sit more or less male or female, with a preference for female. From what I can tell my lives have been alternating between the two, but knowing myself, I prefer female. That's not to say I mind male and I think I mostly do it either to help someone else or because it will help me accomplish something I want to in that
    particular life.

I'm male in this life and I know I'm the same inside person as my last previous female life. The issue for me was, my mom and I carried on the same relationship we had from my previous life. I had a star trek costume that zipped up the back and I was having trouble with it and my mom said "It's just like a dress!!" stopping completely short of also adding in "you should know how to do this". I'm very sure that was a scene that happened in our last lives together as mother and daughter.

So it was easy for us to get along and in doing so, I felt very comfortable displaying my female traits. I had plenty of boy ones too, but my mom didn't encourage or validate them at all. I'm still not sure why to this day. This life was particularly hard on our family and between that and my ADHD, I did not have my head screwed on right at all until just very recently.

In part of trying untangle the mess, I looked at the girls around me and saw what a wide range of self expression they were allowed. They could be quiet and read books or they just as easily could be demanding and entitled and both were equally, socially acceptable. I didn't know who I was but I knew I felt most comfortable with my female side and suddenly it made sense to me that if I was born a girl, people would be seeing the real me, treated me as such and then I would have had the success in life that I wanted.

In the long run, it was just a coping technique, because it took the blame off of me personally and put it onto something I had no control over. Well, I guess I did choose to be male in this life. So there's that.. but the blame, lands on my parents for not validating me as a whole person, no treating my ADHD and other physical problems.

I got shoved into past life research by the powers that be, because they felt the need to get me back on track with my healing. I say that, but it could have been me as well, that I planned it that way. I'm not sure, but I learned about my previous life in the year of her 100th birthday. I don't think that was a coincidence, but being able to see that I was the exact same person, living out the same life, but in a different body, everything made sense and I no longer considered myself to have any kind of gender issues. I realized that I am who I am regardless and male or female, I am and would be facing the same challenges because I can't change who I am.

landsend and Jaimie like this.
  7. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, thank you. It is very impressive the tough journey you have made, maybe a part of why you were meant to do it was/is to raise awareness around these issues. Takes a strong advanced soul to do it even though I can bet one feel like the opposite when one is caught in the middle of the confusion of it. I found what you post fascinating, and I did not know about Stevenson's research; it makes perfect sense.

/J