• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Grandpa Baby

C

cashew

My grandfather spent a couple of years dying. The last time I saw him, his eyes had the focused-elsewhere look of a newborn baby's, and I was struck by the thought that he must be getting ready to be a baby again.

Several months later, he died--and my second son was conceived. I had several very vivid dreams about Grandpa telling me not to think about him being old any more because it was hard to remember that he didn't have to hurt any more. During this same time, my older son (he was almost three) would climb into bed at night and talk about a baby on the ceiling. He'd wave hi, say "Hi baby!" and talk to the baby on the ceiling. This was before I found out that I was pregnant; Baby #2 was a surprise pregnancy!

Well, when Baby #2 was born, the first thing I saw were his eyes. They were Grandpa's eyes. Everyone in my family was struck by the resemblance, not just me. Also, he
didn't act like a baby for his first three months--he was quiet and deliberate. Strangers in the co-op came over to tell me he "looked old and wise." I think it took him a while to learn to be his new self. He's two now, and still sometimes gets *that look*, the expression that doesn't belong on a baby's face....

I'm not using my real name for obvious reasons. I don't want my friends and family thinking I'm nuts. (That's why I picked the pseudonym ) I have a bit of a hard time believing all this stuff myself. I mean, it *feels* true to me, but my logical side "knows" that the physical world is all that can be proven to exist, and matters of the spirit "must be" wishful thinking and my vivid imagination...

Hi,
Please be assured that I have dozens of cases similar to yours. Most people have a difficult time at first believing that this is real. But it is. In fact, I'm in the process of finishing a book on same-family reincarnation, precisely what you're talking about.

Sometimes when a deceased family member is about to return to the family, he will appear in dreams and announce, either directly or symbolically, that he is coming back. Then, when the baby is born, the mother or other family members will look in the newborn's eyes and "see the soul" of the relative.

As the child gets older, there are other indications too--through statements and behaviors. There can also be birthmarks relating to the deceased.

I hope that this helps. Let us know if you see other similarities.
Carol Bowman

------------------
Carol Bowman
http://www.childpastlives.org

Hi Cashew,

Boy, can I relate to your post, I posted here awhile back about the very same thing. My experiences were that of my son being fascinated with all of my granfathers things. In my drawer of baking things, he would pull out gmpas stuff from the bakery (gmpa owned a bakery) and take off with it. Only gmpas things too, mine and my moms old stuff he was not interested in. We'd just laught at ds interest at first. When he was only a few months old he scared the you know what out of me...We were home alone and he was sitting in his car seat in the kitchen while I worked and all of a sudden I heard this deep clear voice say "Ruth!" (that was my grandmothers name)turned around to see ds looking at me like "what?" I didn't start putting things together at first, many other things started happening that really lead me to believe he is my grandfather. The wise old eyes have been commented on by many as well. DS has a birthmark on his face that has been so familiar to me since birth. I am unable to find a photo of my grandfather, but family has said that gmpa had a fairly large one on his neck (same side), ds is just up on his chin.

I too felt it was hopeful imagination. DS has a special relationship with my dad unlike his other 6 grandkids, and much like dad and gmap had.

time will tell and I'd be trilled to hear more about how things play out. I too felt stange talking of this at first. If you'd like more info on my experiences, please feel free to email me at Romeo11901@aol.com (romeo was my dogs name, no refrence to anything else, haha) My name is Melissa. They told me here on the board that it is common for family to reincarnate in the family. Your unexpected surprise sounds like a wonderful experience. Im excited for you and how things may turn out.

OK, enough of my rambling, just a little excited to see someone feeling the same things as I did.

Have a good day! Melissa.

When my Grandpa died a year and a half ago, I never got very upset about it. I was sort of sorry that I'd missed the family reunion but I'd seen him the week before. Also, about a week after his death, I got this very strong impression that he needed to go at that point because he wanted time to reflect before returning to be my sister's next child. Well, she's pregnant now, so I guess I'll see how accurate that impression was.

Some more Grandpa Baby stuff.

This has become so common that I don't even notice it anymore, but Mr. Baby sometimes talks in very un-baby-like phrases. For instance, long before he was saying words, he'd get mad and yell complete sentences! Once he said, "Get me out of this carseat right now!" Notice that he used a preposition and a phrase showing awareness of time. He wasn't even old enough to sit in a forward-facing carseat, and during "normal" communication he knew only a couple of phrases, which he used telegraphically. Another time, again long before normal speech, he pointed to a taxicab and exclaimed, "A yellow car!" Even my precocious older son wasn't talking about colors at that age.

Grandpa Baby's normal verbal skills have developed in the normal sequence: single words and telegraphic phrases, gradually building in complexity. Only these rare outbursts, which usually come when he's surprised or angry, don't fall into the range of normal verbal development.

New Grandpa Baby thing! Last night I was trying to get him to sleep. Like my older son and me, Mr. Baby hates to sleep. He was throwing a tantrum, yelling, "Don't close eyes!" and I kept trying to calm him down. Finally I said, "You are a baby. You need to sleep because you are a baby and babies need to sleep a lot." I swear this is true. As soon as I said that, he **burst into giggles** then lay down and went to sleep!

Grandpa, an avid outdoorsman, was stuck in a bed for a long time before he died, and when Mr. Baby was over-tired I think he got confused about why we were putting him into bed.

cashew, a sweet li'l nut

Back