Grandson and the cupboard (new thread)

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Thanks Bookworm for all of your info. Welcome to the forum. I know it might take some time but maybe you could read the whole thread regarding the things Kade has said (if you haven't already) You might have some valuable information to add due to your knowledge of North Dakota. We were thinking of Minnesota for awhile but recently kade said he lived in North Dakota.
    Do you speak Finnish? You said you didn't recognize the words kade spoke. Could they be an indian dialect. Kade also talked once of having ridden an elephant. Have you ever heard of that in the areas you talked about?
    Have you ever heard of Kaleval?
    Vicky

2. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 New Member

I actually did skim through most of the previous thread before I answered. I don't speak Finnish, unfortunately. My grandfather was pretty insistent that his children and grandchildren speak only English and refused to speak it to us. I have a first cousin who went to Finland as a teen as an exchange student and learned fluent Finnish there. It's the older people here who spoke Finnish. Their kids and grandkids usually can't speak it, except for a few words here and there. It might have been the same thing in the family we're discussing here. Kalevala is a Finnish word. No, I haven't heard of Kaleval, but again it might be an American Indian word. I don't speak Chippewa or Hidatsa or Arikara but there are still a few fluent speakers on the reservations and the children receive lessons in those languages in school now. I wonder if this child might also be mixing up two different past lives or dreams or memories, whatever. That would be pretty typical for a 3- or 4-year-old at that developmental stage.

The Ringling Brothers has an annual show in the state at a number of sites and I know there are elephants at that show. The State Fair also has had elephants on display at least once that I know of. I covered the story when the elephant got loose and ran down the Midway about 10 years ago. Fortunately no one was badly hurt!

3. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

this is a great thread!

this is a great thread!

It seems you are at a fork...sort of to follow a therapeutic attitude such as Woolger does, or a past life proof standpoint such as Ian Stevenson, whose primary concern was finding specific continuities.

4. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I showed Kade the pictures and got a zero reaction. He had gone to a birthday party and was pretty wound up. They had rented one of those huge jumping things and he had a great time. Needless to say, he was not focused when I showed him the pictures. I will try again when he is a little calmer.

I think the fork I chose is the the one to prove to myself that reincarnation is a fact. I have seen cases on television and have read about it, but my mind still tells me I need some kind of proof.

There are things the boy said that he could not have known about. He uses words I never heard. He is consistant. However, I still wonder if we just don't have a child with an overly active imagination. Maybe he will become a writer. I just don't know. I wish I could find something solid.

It makes sense what bookworm has said about North Dakota. He said his mother had blonde hair and wore a long braid. Todd had black hair and drank a lot. He was mean when he drank. There are hills in ND. To a child hills may appear as mountains. He said his other father liked to take him riding in the hills. He never said if it was by car or horse.

The word diyate or deeyati is a word he used to describe a black dog. When I asked him about a brown dog he said that is not diyati. I won't forget his face when he walked in the door and saw the dog. He started saying "diyati, diyati" and ran and hugged the dog like it was an old friend. He has never done this with another dog. Maybe diyati is a good clue about a language spoken.

5. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

Sorry, who am I to speak of Forks, but U of ND is located in Grand Forks, I just realized....

Welcome to the City of Grand Forks Online!

http://www.grandforksgov.com/

6. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Kitn,
    Sein could have been something like one fourth American Indian. I think Kade
    said something about that you drove a car to Kalevala (Festival or Place) Its very possible that Kalevala was some distance from where they lived. I think Kade also said that his other mother was a teacher? Also when Kade said that his other mother made him toast, I wonder how she did that if they did not have electricity? maybe she made the toast in an oven or on a stove.
    There are somethings that are unclear yet, but I think that you are much closer to solving the puzzle.

Wizard

7. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Wizard, we have made toast on a smoker grill and camp fire. My great-grandmother had a wood burning cook stove. She mostly made biscuits but I remember her making toast occasionally. That was a treat back then. If I remember right, the top had solid covers almost like a sewer lid cover with a handle. The cover could be taken off. I believe she laid the bread on top of the cover while the stove was hot; flipping it when it was toasted. That was over fifty years ago.

Kade was here all day. He did not bring anything up. He was very tired and we lay down for a while. He said to me "lets talk about something." I asked him what he wanted to talk about, opening the door for him, but he said nothing.

8. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I forgot to add something. He did say his mother taught lessons. I wonder if she could have been a teacher on a reservation. Maybe that is where she met "Todd."

Maybe his father had died and that is why he said he did not live with them. He said he loved his father and he used to take him riding in the hills. He also brought him chocolates (a treat coming home from work). Maybe they were not divorced or separated as I previously thought. She could have been a widow and had taken a teaching position to support her family.

9. canuseeme

canuseeme New Member

Kevala
    The highest stage of knowledge in the Jain faith where each soul dwells in eternal enlightenment and bliss.
    Somewhat like the Buddhist Nirvana or the Hindu Moksha. There the self is dissolved after many lifetimes and the soul having made it's way through the five Pathways of Liberation.
    Souls who have made it to Kevala are called siddhas or perfect ones.
    The greatest thing about this say the Jains is that one totally sheds the body and is striped of all individual characteristics.

10. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    Can't help but think how beautiful your relationship is with Kade. He's lucky to have you and you him.
    I know you have written down some of the things he is saying. Maybe we are not meant to figure this out but you are meant to be his scribe so that he can come to his own conclusion some day.
    All the same, until we know for sure, I still enjoy trying to figure it out.
    Vicky

11. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thanks Vicki. I love that boy so much. I love all my grandchildren but as they grow up they find their own lives. I cherish all the time with them they allow me when they are small. By the time they are 10-12 Grandma kind of gets put on the back burner; that is normal and is okay.

I have taken care of Kade since he was 3 weeks old and his mother worked days. I had Bill in the hospital bed (quadriplegic) and Kade in my arms. Bill confessed he could not bond with the grandchildren who were born since he was bedridden. He said he loved them but it was different because he could not hold, touch or feel them as he did the others. I suppose I tried to be both grandma and grandpa to make up for his feelings.

He comes over and we ride the fields in the golf cart. We color, make things, play video games and just play from the time he gets here until bed time. The house gets really messy but we have a grand time. His mom gets off at 11 and cleans up our messes while we are sound asleep.

I had been through so much and had given up on life. I could not understand how my heart could go on beating. Then Kade came along and changed everything. He has brought so much joy and hope into my life. It is so much fun to again experience life through a childs eyes. My husband used to say I had the heart of a child and so much faith in life that he was jealous. He said he wished he could see the world through my eyes. I lost that somewhere on my journey through grief. Kade was my shephard through the darkness. Someone knew what they were doing when they sent him into my life. He brightens every day for me.

12. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I just wanted to share something with all of you. I received a letter today from a young woman. Below is part of the letter...........

I never knew Casey personally. I don't even think I ever talked to her at our piano recitals. My parents live close to you. I used to drive by Casey's memorial cross everyday. My friend and I went to the visitation services at the funeral home. It was the saddest sight I have ever seen.

I happened upon Casey's Memorial Web Site while searching for something else. I sat there reading with tears in my eyes. I copied and pasted the web site into an email and sent it to my closest friends. For days, I could not get Casey off my mind. That is when I remembered reading on your site if any one had any pictures of Casey at the prom to let you know. Then I remembered I had pictures from one of our piano recitals. It's not the prom, but hopefully you will treasure these just as much...........

When Casey was killed we contacted the man who took the pictures at the prom. He sent us pictures of another girl. We returned then and he searched for Casey's pictures, but they were never found. We have a few but not the professional pictures.

This kind young woman sent me two pictures from a piano recital in 1992. I have movies of recitals, but no still pictures. My heart was touched by a stranger today. She gave me a gift I will forever treasure.

13. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

(((((((((Kitn)))))))))

What a lovely gift to receive. Thank you for sharing that with us. It really touched my heart.

Ailish

14. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Pictures--aah yes, that is why I take them as a profession. Because someday someone may have something that is difficult to get back, like some memories and the pictures help.
    Vicky

15. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade had his fourth birthday party Saturday. There were many adults and four other children. The adults were sitting in chairs on the driveway under the trees for shade. Kade has a toy basketball goal which was sitting near garage. He received one of those flat balls advertised on television. He picked it up and was going to use it for a basketball. He looked at me and said "my other father showed me this" and he ran to the basketball net and tried to throw it in backwards.

I thought maybe he meant his Daddy, but he said "other father." Other than this little bit, he has not mentioned anything else.

16. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

swinging and singing

I thought I would let you know something new Kade has been doing. It is warm out now and he plays outside quite a bit. When he swings on the swingset, he sings a song. Yesterday when he was swinging here his mother asked me to come outside and listen to him. Whatever he is singing is not English. I thought he may be making up nonsense words. His mother told me when he swings at home he does the same thing-it has the same tune and he uses the same words. I am going to try to tape him on a hidden voice activated recorder. Maybe someone in the forum can tell me what language it is and what he is saying.

I asked him where did you learn that-from your other mother? He said "I don't have another mother, I just made that up." I replied "you did, wow, what a good story teller you are!" He answered "it's not nice to talk about that." I said "so you never had another mother named Susie." He replied "her name is not SUSIE-her name is Sein!" I then asked him where he learned about pressing leaves and he told me he "just made it up." I asked him if he ever saw anyone pressing leaves on TV and he told me "no and I don't want to talk about it anymore because "it's not nice." Nothing else was said.

His other grandmother is staying with them and has been there a few weeks. I am wondering if Kade started telling her things and she told him not to make up things like that because it is not nice. This may be why he chooses not to talk about it anymore.

17. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Kitn,

Thank you for the update on Kade! It seems quite possible that his other grandma could be telling him not to make up such stories. Unfortunately not everyone is as willing to explore as you are. ;) Perhaps once Kade's other grandma leaves he will feel more secure talking about things again. Obviously he's a little uncomfortable and is feeling bad about things, so maybe just leave him be for awhile and once the other grandma goes home, just casually mention to him that he can tell you anything. He'll need some positive reassurance that it is okay to talk about these things. He'll come to you when and if he's ready ;)

If you want to try and figure out the language, Xerox has an online language guesser. You can type the words in there it will give you a guess as to the origins. Then you can look it up on one of the online translators (which aren't always accurate, but fairly close). It may take a couple of tries with different phonetic spellings, but you can usually get something close enough to make sense with some persistence. I can help you, if you'd like. :)

Ailish

18. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    I don't have any experience with children remembering past lives except with my son. He also says the same thing now--that he just made everything up---even the things he couldn't possibly have made up. When i talk to him, the feeling I get, based on what he says, is that they get to a certain place in their development where they can't make sense of these memories. Its like 'time' becomes linear to them and they begin to question how they could have been here before now.
    Some of my son's memories were in the form of memories and some were from dreams. He is at the age where he goes to school and hears that dreams are not true and not real. So sometimes when he talks about this, he says 'I just dreamt that-its not real.'
    Good luck to you on identifying the language. I'd love to see this whole thing figured out and I hope the other grandma is not discouraging Kade.
    Vicky

19. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Kitn,

It would be very interesting to hear a record of Kade's song or if you are able to separate some words and could write what they sound like. As some of Kade's memories seem to have a link to the Finnish language and traditions, I'd be willing to try and recognize if he's singing in Finnish.

It sounds to me, too that someone has discouraged Kade and him not wanting to share PL memories is probably a phase that'll pass.

All the best for you and your family,

Karoliina

20. PaPaChuck

PaPaChuck New Member

North Dakota Background Information

I grew up on a farm in north western North Dakota during the 50’s. We had kerosene lamps and candles to read by. We never had indoor plumbing and always had an Ice Box, even though we never had ice for it. We had a wood burning kitchen stove and stored our groceries and goodies in the cupboard. My mother gave birth to 12 children and had 9 miscarriages.

One of the fun things that I remember was riding in the hills. All of the roads were gravel so you really couldn’t go very fast. 40 or 50 mph was pretty scary. My older brother would drive and we could go up a hill as fast as we could and when we got to the top he would let off on the gas and it would seem like we were flying. It would tickle the same way a roller coaster ride would.

We got electricity in our area in 1951. The REA brought a pole out to our front yard and put an electrical outlet on it. We ran an extension cord from the pole into the house and had an electric light to read by. I was 6 years old and it was a defining moment in my life. I still love technology. I’m sure the reason our electricity was disconnected is because we couldn’t afford to pay the bill. For a short time we had light that was so much brighter than the kerosene lamps.

This information is provided as background information on North Dakota in the 50’s. The predominant ethnicity in the area was Norwegian with some German and Russian.

Finnish-American Historical Society of North Dakota
    108 West 4th Street
    Dakota, North Dakota 58344

All of the important genealogical and historical information on North Dakota.
    http://www.genealogybank.com/explor...MIvIaNz8D11AIVjCSBCh0aOAZDEAAYASAAEgJ8hvD_BwE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.