Grandson and the "cupboard"

Discussion in 'Children's Cases - Archive' started by Kitn, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

My grandson is 3 1/2 and very articulate. Today his mother was reading him a book and he said "my other mother pressed leaves." My daughter was shocked and asked him what is pressing leaves; he has never seen this done. He said you wait until they fall then smooth them out and put them in the book. He proceeded to show her using a tissue. She then asked what do you do with them? He replied "you put the book on my shelf for later." She asked what shelf and he said the one in his room at his other mother's house.

He then said you take the leaf out later, color on them and put it on a stick; also relating you must stick the end of the leaf in a bottle of glue. We have never had glue around so he does not know what it is. He does not attend preschool or any place he could have known about glue. He said "Tod" shooted his mother. We asked him where he was and he said he was hiding in the "cupboard".

We have never used the word cupboard as we call them cabinets. I asked him what is a cupboard and he went into the kitchen and pointed at the cabinet under the kitchen sink. She asked him where is his other mother and he said they buried her in the ground and put dirt on her. No way could he have known about burials. This was shocking to us to hear him talk about this as if it happened today. My daughter and I tried asking him about his other mother but all he would say is she has blond hair and wears big flowers on her. I tried to fool him and told him I was his other mother and he looked at me matter of factly and said in a very grown up tone-no your not.

He also talked about a mine at the end of a path even though he could not tell us what a mine is. He also refers to a sister which he does not have. He has 2 brothers 19 and 20 who are not in the home anymore. Is this remembering? His voice is so adamant about these events. We think maybe he is remembering a previous life, but are not sure.

We don't want to question him too much. Is it better just to listen? Also, if he is remembering how can we get a time frame? I told my daughter the word cupboard was used by my grandmothers and I know if the forties women wore large flower print dresses and skirts. I don't know anyone in our family history who was shot.

We asked Kade if he knew his other name when he lived with his other mother and he shook his head no. He did say my daughter is his mother now "because you were trying for me". My daughter did try for years for another child and even went to a fertility clinic. Kade never knew this.

2. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Leaves

I know with my children we would take green leaves and put them between two pieces of waxed paper and iron them lightly. The children would then have to identify the leaves and make a small notebook of the collected leaves. This was a school project.

What stumped me was the coloring of the leaf and using glue to put it on a stick. He called it a "leaf pen". I am going to let him show me how to do it. He did say yesterday that he raked leaves and then jumped in them. We have never done that with him. We live in the county and just let leaves fall from what few trees we have; we have never raked them up. He showed us how to rake using his arms like he was holding a rake. We are surprised at the things he has been saying the last few days!

Kade said he lived in a wood house. I live in a mobile home. He said if you sawed the floor you could fall in. We live in the south where the water table is very high. I do not know anyone who has a basement so he could not have known about basements or a space under the house.

This boy has always slept with his mother or me. He said in his old house he slept in his own room by himself. He never mentions a father, just Tod. My daughter asked him if he was a boy or girl before and he said he was a boy. He also said he was a mean boy sometimes and his mother would lock him out of the house; letting him in later. He did mention a place but we cannot tell what he is saying. He said he wants to go there because it is fun. We are going to listen and try to figure out what word he is saying. I thought the word was carnival, but he said no.

His parents just bought a new house. So I will have him while they move for a few days. I am not going to ask him anything unless he starts the conversation; but I am going to pay attention. We are also going to do a leaf project. I do want to mention that he has never been interested in books. We have tried reading to him but he always runs to play. That is why we were shocked when he said he wanted to sit on her lap for his mother to read. I always read to my children and made it a rule to read 3 small childrens books each night at bedtime. This child never showed interest in books or stories. He is the busiest child I have ever seen and I have 23 grandchildren. He also never shuts up.

Another interesting thing he said is that he has another grandmother. I am his Grammy and his other grandmother is Grammy Patsy. He said "grandmother" and his other mother is "mother"; not mama or mommy. My mother passed away last year and he called her big mama. Where we live most children call grandmothers nana, nanny, me maw, grandma or grammy. He said his other grandmother is nice.

I will let you know if he comes out with anything new. I am sure in time he will forget about things he is saying now. I do want to tell about my daughter Casey. She was 3 when she started telling us she drowned in a well. She said her grandma tried to save her but could not. We never paid attention to what she had said and dismissed it as childhood worries. She was afraid of water for years despite taking her to swimming lessons. She would cling to me for dear life. My daughter was 16 when she was killed. She was coming home from prom when a drunk driver rear ended her car. Her car went into water and she drowned. After the wreck I had remembered her fears and her statements about drowning in a well. Her fear must have been a deep seeded memory of possibly another life.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Grandson and the cupboard

3. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kalevala

We finally got the word Kalevala! I searched the internet and it is Finnish. He said it is a "celebration" & you bring goodies, cookies, furs, baskets, and there are are horses there. He said the Kalevala is for everyone. I tried to get my sound recorder to work so I could link and you can hear, but I can't get it to work. I am working on it. Finland also has mines! He is very adamant about the pronounciation. He emphasized the sounds. There is no way he could have ever known about this. We tried to ask him if he meant Cali-for-nia, Col-or-ado etc he kept saying Kalla-valla. We searched and found Kalevala. If anyone has any knowledge of leafs used for this please let me know. He is very specific that you have to wait for the leaves to fall and you cannot pick them.

4. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Telephones

I am recording everything for him later. I believe in time, if this is past life memories, that he will forget. Did your son forget? We have been given clues, yet they may be misleading. For instance the car, we now go everywhere by car and he may think that is the way to go now. As for the telephone, he may believe because we call on the phone now that we can call "then." The clues I can rely on, and I have been searching the internet constantly, is Kalava and his pronunciation, it is snowy celebration, cupboard, goodies, garden, shooting, Tod, braids, hills and his intensity when he "presses leaves." This is not much to go on. We were playing Rumplestiltskin today he was the troll and I was the princess. I was holding the doll and he said "Kelava has tents". But I do not know if that was just in the playing or if it was a memory. That opened up a conversation again and I thought I could play act. I told him the doll said Kaleva was hot and he said "no". I said the doll said there were camels there and he said "no." I said the doll said she could go to Kaleva and he said "yes she can but she has to wear warm clothes." That was the end of it. It is hard with a three year old.

5. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

He Is Finnish

Finally, I know he was Finnish. The last few days I have found that he was "Tod" and he was killed. He also told his mother that he does not want to be Tod anymore and asked if she was going to leave him too. She said she would never leave him and that he is Kade now and is her little boy. I do not know but am guessing that his sister's name was Emmy. We were playing "yellow ducky" (puppet). He has always talked to puppets as if they were real people and he loves ducks.

He blurted out "your Emmy" and I said no I was Mr Ducky. He said "no your Emmy remember I was making you a doll and I was killed." I asked what were you making the doll out of and he replied "I was making a wood doll." Then he said "remember me I'm Tod (pointing to his chest) and I died." He was excited. Then he got sad and asked if I would take him to feed ducks. I am going to ask him mama to take him today to the little lake and feed ducks with him.

He also came out with a word yesterday morning. He likes to pretend cook and got out a pan and lots of kitchen utensils. His mom was sitting in the chair and he and I were on the couch. He picked up a utensil and said this is

koje. I was not paying too much attention but his mother heard him and asked him what did he say. He said koje. I found a Finnish to English dictionary and it does fit. It states koje apparatus, device, set, means, tool.

Trixie, thank you for the information. I did find that in upper Michigan and wondered about it. Is there any way you can let me know if there was a mother shot while a child was hidden in the cupboard in that area. Or maybe a list of names in cemeteries. His mama told me one time he said his mother's name was Sein or sounds like scene. She also said he could have just said that word.

I have not seen the commercial since that one day. I will keep looking. I will try to find out where it was filmed. Good idea thank you.

He told his mother that he did not want to grow up because his other mother had to make a choice and she did not chose him. A 3 years-old child should not even make a statement like that.

It does seem that he is remembering more. His words tend to make me think that he knows another language. It could be that it was spoken in the home.

My daughter said remembering things like that may do damage to her son. I told her he is the one bringing these things up, not us, so it is something that is bothering him. Does anyone think that remembering a past life could be damaging to a child. No way would I want him worrying, sad or confused. He normally is a very happy, active child; all boy!

We keep reassuring him that he is well loved and we would not trade him for anything. I wish I knew what happened to Tod.

6. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade

I lay down with my grandson today to make him take a nap. I started to sing a song to him and he said "my other mother sang me lullabyes." I asked him if he knew how it went and he said no. Later I asked his mommy if she uses the word lullabye and she said no. She asked him where he heard the word lullabye and he said his other mother.

A disturbing thing happened when I was trying to get him to nap. He asked me if Todd could find grammy's house. I said no. He said okay then I will be Todd and you be the boy. He stood on the bed and snarled at me. He then proceeded to act like he was chopping wood with high swings over his head and acting like he was hitting me over and over again; snarling the whole time. He said "I am Todd and I am mean and nasty." I asked him what he was doing and he snarled "you can't get away from me, I have a hitter and I am hitting you, you cry when I hit okay." I then said I did not want to play that way and he said "okay then I can pull your hair." I said no you can't we do not hurt people. He asked if Todd came to my house what would I do. I told him I would call the police. He said he did not like Todd because he killed him.

I know you asked what he watches on television. He does not watch movies except a Disney movie. His father watches baseball, football, skiing, soccer, any kind of sport including golf and tennis. He also watches fishing programs. Kade does watch cartoons and when he does someone is always watching with him. He watches the Wiggles, Dora, Sponge Bob, Johnny and the Sprites, Sesame Street, JoJo's Circus and the DoodleBops. There is no violence on these cartoons. Sponge Bob is more geared to entertain parents, I think. He does not have contact with other children except his cousins and they are always in the same room with us.

There is no violence or domestic abuse in my family. He could not have seen actions like he did anywhere that we are aware of. He is a very busy, happy, normal 3 year-old; except when he talks about his other life.

His father does have a terminal disease, but my grandson is too young to understand this. His father is not bedridden but wears a heart catheter. Kade has always seen the pouch and thinks nothing about it.

If these are memories that are surfacing I just cannot imagine the terror a little child who lives with abuse must endure. I wish I knew who Todd was so I could give him a piece of my mind. I hope Todd is not on this earth anymore to torment another child or children.

7. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

We were playing Polly Pockets and I was the mother. We were not even talking about any past memories. I pretended my toy woman fell and said kind of loud "help me" with that he threw his head down on the arm of the couch and his. I asked him what are you doing and he said "I am shaking." That is what brought Todd up.

Kade told me tonight that Todd used to kiss his mother. He also said Todd lived with them. He again said Todd was mean and his mother would yell, help me, help me. He said he would try but Todd would beat him. His words are "he won her and he won me too." He put his hands into fists and was pounding on a pillow "like this."

I asked him again about TV and he said there was no TV.

8. Carol

Carol Author

Kitn,

I wouldn't be so concerned with finding out Todd's identity, as much as understanding and responding to Kade's behavior.

Often children will work through a past life trauma through their playing. It might be a good sign that Kade is playing with the figures, even though it is disturbing. It sounds as if he is working through the violent scenes with his outbursts and hitting. I believe it's very important that you use those opportunities to engage in his playing and ask him what is happening to Todd and the little boy. (And make him understand that hurting people is wrong.) He might need to continue to talk about this until he has some understanding and closure.

Have you read CHILDREN'S PAST LIVES yet? I describe how some children need to "re-work" the death scene or trauma so they can get beyond it. Your participation in the process can guide him through it--no matter how many times you need to tell him that he and his mother are all right now, and Todd can't hurt them now. You really have to spell it out for him and let him know that you believe what he is saying.

I was struck by the story of your daughter who died in the car accident. What a terrible tragedy. I wonder if her remarks when she was 3 were about a previous life or some premonition about her current death. Do you sense that she came back as one of your grandchildren?

Keep us posted. I think that my book will reassure you that sometimes children need to act these traumas out, and can be helped with the guidance of an adult who recognizes a past life memory for what it is.

Carol

9. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Last night (Thursday) I kept Kade overnight. He was overtired from playing with his baby cousin. I have an old book next to my bed given to someone in 1926 for Christmas; Pinnochio. He reached over and got the book and asked me about it. I showed him it did not have pictures in it. I told him I would read it to him when he gets older.

A month or so ago, when he was showing us how his other mother pressed leaves he put a few in that book. He did not remember that. He turned the pages and found a leaf. He was awed. He asked" how did that get there?" and I said "I don't remember". He said " maybe my other mother put it there. " I answered maybe. "This is really weird" he said. I remembered how he said his other mother was pretty but mean. I told him maybe that his mother sent it there to say she was sorry for being mean. He said "maybe she put it there to tell me she loves me and she is sorry for being so mean to me." I agreed with him and he seemed happy about it. He even went to sleep without his two pacifiers.

He also told me that he was not died for long and that he had to come right back. He also stated that he brought me too. I asked him where he went and he said to Heaven. I asked him how did he get to Heaven and he said he walked. He also told me that he saw Casey (my daughter there) and she told him he had to go to me. I asked him why and he said " to help". I asked him help me what; he said so that I would not be so lonely. This may just be an over active imagination. I told my daughter I think we have a little Steven Spielburg on our hands, lol.

This sounded strange to me because two weeks after my husband was killed I awoke to a man standing near me. He told me "I am not here to hurt you, I am here to help you through this." He repeated the phrase twice and then he was gone. The same word-help-was used. Help me what is the question that I have no answer for.

In reading the book I have found it very helpful. I do realize that at his age he mixes fantasy with his memories; if that is what they are. I am still keeping an open mind. I do know that he is consistant with some of his tellings. I also read that traumatic death experiences tend to carry over into a new life.

I also know that no matter how mean his other mother was to him, he still loved her. I am sure they had happy times. I do know that he is very consistant with Todd and his other mother drinking, that Todd abused him, his other mother was shot in the kitchen, he hid in the cupboard and Todd got him out and shot him too. Once in a while he mentions an older brother who died and his sister Emmy. All of this are pieces to a puzzle which may or may not fit together.

He hasn't wanted to play "bury me" for a while and I am thankful for that. He does like to lay on the floor and say "I'm dead." I just keep telling him that I love him more than the clouds, past the sun, past the moon and more than all the stars in the sky and I would never, ever let anyone hurt him.

Yesterday was Saturday and I went to my daughter's home and we finished our holiday baking for friends and neighbors. Kade asked me to take him potty and I did. While in the bathroom I thought I would ask him if he had a bathroom with a flushing toilet in his other mother's house. He said "no we had to go outside." I then asked him if he had lights like this and turned the light on and off. He answered no. I asked him what did you do for lights? He said very matter of factly "we used candles." I don't think he could have known that long ago people used parafin for lighting. He may be talking of an outhouse.

My grandmother did not have indoor plumbing until the late 60's. She did get electric before indoor plumbing and that was in the early 60's. I remember there was one bare light bulb hanging from the center in each room. Before getting electric she used kerosene lamps. I never remember her using candles. I remember the order of her getting these modern features. First was the electric lights, then running water in the kitchen, a propane cooking range, the outhouse was finally abandoned in 1970. Last she began to use gas space heaters instead of a fireplace and she also got a water cooled fan for cooling. I have washed many dishes in dishpans with heated water from an old wood cook stove. I also remember running to the outhouse early in the morning on dew covered grass. If my grandson meant he came right back down,,,well there seems to be a gap in there somewhere. My daughter said there is no concept of time in Heaven. I asked her how does she know that, or anyone else and she did not know. I know there is more to life than what we see, hear or feel.

Tonight is Sunday night. They were at my house and he had to go potty. I took him and asked him again about a flushing toilet. His answer was "I told you about that yester night-no."

My daughter also said he was talking quite a bit this morning and asking questions. He said he picked her for his mommy and me for his grammy. He also wanted to know if she picked him. Of course she said yes. Then he asked her how she got him out of the box. He kept talking about the box. Later I showed him pictures of a casket and he did not know what it was. We have no idea what kind of box he is talking about.

10. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Moon Tag game

I too had family that did not have modern household items. They lived in Texas. I live in the south now and do not know of anyone who does not at least have electricity; unless they do not pay their bill..However, I am sure if I traveled to the extreme south there would be some without these modern conveniences. The icebox I think gives me a large span of years to think about. He recognised a car once that he said he had seen and it looked like that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car with open air style; it was white. He has not seen this movie.

He has mentioned his other father, just not so much. He said his father took him riding in the hills and brought him chocolate. He loved his father. I do not know what happened, but I assume he did not live in the home. Todd, he said, kissed his other mother and she liked him, but he was mean. From what I gather Todd lived in the home with them. I don't know if he would have been a live in boyfriend or stepdad. Kade was terrified of Todd.

Tonight Kade asked me to play a game with him and he called it Moon Tag. I asked him if he saw that on TV and he said no my other mother played it with me. I asked how do you play it and he poked me with his finger and said "tag your it." He has no other children here to play tag with and I have never heard of it being called Moon Tag. Anyone else played or heard of this game?

I looked online and I found a game from Spain in a Girl Scouting site but it is called Morning Stars and Moon....""This game could be played out of doors where a tree casts a long shadow. It is played inside mark a designated area to take the place of the shadow. One player is chosen to be the moon of IT, while the others are morning stars. The morning stars can run anywhere but the moon must always keep at least one foot inside the shadow. The stars run close to tease the moon. When the moon tags on of the morning stars, that player becomes the next moon.""

We talked about other games which I had played as a youngster. He had never heard of Red Rover or Red Light-Green Lite. He said he knows of a game when he says stop you have to freeze; to me that would be Red Light-Green Light. He said at his other house he played deck cards and dominos.

11. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

North Dakota

I picked Kade up and we went grocery shopping today. On the way home he told me it is not fun to get shot. I just let him talk. He said when he was shot there was blood all over his back and his head was in two pieces. He said it hurt really, really bad. He said when he was shot "it made me fall on my back, no, no, it made me fall on my face and that hurt too." He said when he got dead there was no more blood on him. I asked him where the blood went and he said he did not know.

After we got home and put away the groceries we got around to talking about where we live. He said "I live in North Dakota." I told him no we don't, we live in TN. He answered "you mean I live in TN now?" I said yes, why did you used to live in North Dakota? He replied " I thought I lived in North Dakota." I asked him if that was where he lived with his other mother and he said it was not nice to talk about it.

His mother called from work and I asked her if he had talked to her about North Dakota. She said, "no, why." I started to tell her and Kade heard me and told me not to tell. So, I did not tell her, but will talk to her tonight.

I wonder if this was a memory? I am also wondering if North Dakota could have been his home long ago; if this is a past life memory. I am going to search North Dakota for a murder such as he talks about.

12. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade

He brought up Casey's death. He then told me he was shot a long, long, long, long time ago. He said he remembers his other mother. We dropped it.

This morning after spending the night he was riding home with his mommy. He said he wanted to go to school. He said his other mother had books. Remember he had said his mother "taught lessons." Now he says he knows his other mothers last name. He said "my other mother's last name and other father's last name and my last name was Sherlin; sounds like. Then he said "but that was a long, long time ago before I was born this time."

I am going to search for this surname. I will let you know anything I find out. My daughter asked him if he had heard this name on TV and he said no it was my last name.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Kade remembers his last name

13. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Henever said his first name. He said his mother's name was Sein and his sister Emmy and brother Nicholas. We were thinking Finnish descent. I am not sure how Shirlin would be spelled or if it is Finnish. He did say Todd last name was not Shirlin.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Kade remembers his last name

14. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

He did say his mother would wear braids and she wore flowers. I was leaning toward flowered dresses. You may have something there. I would say more the late sixties. That was my coming of age era and I remember meeting a guy who wore car tires for sandals; lol. Although I would have loved to dress like that my parents would have disowned me! There were lots of flowers, braids, headbands, garlands and flowing garmets. It was a fun time to be young.

15. Carol

Carol Author

It does sound like Kade is having past life memories which are sometimes disturbing to him. This is not unusual when a child is remembering a past life trauma, which is usually the type of memory that bleeds through into the present life, because it was traumatic, disturbing, and unresolved.

As I've said in the books, I believe that these traumatic memories come through because they leave the soul unsettled, unfinished with the previous life, and on some level, Kade needs reassurance that the past life is over and needs to express some of these troubling memories to work through them. (It works the same way as any troubling memory in this life.)

I would agree that the best thing you can do is allow him to talk about the memories as he needs to. (It sounds like you've been doing that.) I wouldn't get too hung up on the details, but try to get a general idea of the past life story so you can piece it together enough to know how to talk to him about the past so he can move on. (I know that getting names and details are compelling, amazing, mysterious, and difficult to ignore, because they beg us to follow up, but don't lose sight of the healing.)

If he has aggressive behaviors relating to his memories, point it out to him as he's experiencing it: if he's angry, acknowledge to him, "You're angry about that, aren't you? What makes you so angry?" (Something like that.) That may open the way for more discussion, and possible resolution in his mind. Maybe he just needs to tell you how angry he is about what happened to him, and release those bad feelings.

I haven't been following all your threads, but have you assured him that these memories are from another life? That whatever happened is over. (I'll bet the moderators have suggested that.) He is still at the tender age of remembering, and more will probably come up. So it is important not to shut him down, BUT if he is behaving inappropriately, correct him, as you normally would. He can't hurt himself or others, whether it's past life related or this life related.

You're going to have to trust that he is working through these memories, and the more you can support him, as you have been, the better.

I also want to use this opportunity to repeat what I've said before, in other cases--not necessarily addressing yours, Kitn: We at the Forum are not in a position to know everything that's going on in a child's life. There might be other factors contributing to a child's behaviors from this life. We usually don't get a full history of the child and the family. We can only give general advice about what to do if a child is triggered by past life memories. I hope we have been helpful to people seeking advice about past life memories, but this is not a substitute for counseling and therapy. I feel I have to add this caveat every so often, so we remain open to both past and present life conditions that may affect a child's behaviors and emotional states. And, I know that past life experiences CAN BE the source for these remarks, behaviors, and feelings in children.

Please keep us posted.

Carol

16. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

We get a magazine every month from the electric department which lists all the activities and festivals. I will check them out when they are delivered from now on; good idea!

The little fellow sure came up with a startler today. We were playing and his mom was on the computer. He said "you want to make some dope?" My first reaction was where in the world did he hear that word. His father has a terminal disease but we always use the word medicine. The TV commercials use the word drugs. I have not heard the word dope used since the 70's; referring to illegal drugs.

We asked him how do you make dope and he answered you put in sugar, vines or flowers and you cook it; and you use trucks. We asked him what do you do with it then and he cupped his hands and brought them to his face. We have no idea where he got this from.

His father's medicine used to be delivered by catheter in the heart, but now he uses a new method like a breathing treatment. There is nothing one could refer to as dope in his medicines. Where would a four-years-old child come up with something this weird?

It may mean nothing. His mother told me that he had told her the same thing earlier today. She does not know where he could have heard it either.

I was thinking maybe dope could have caused Todd's violent behavior. Just a thought.

17. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade was helping me load the dishwasher. He was on the side closest to where I keep my big kitchen utensils. He pulled a big ladle out of the holder and told me "this is what I used to drink water from with my other family." I said "really how did you do it." He put it under the tap and filled it with water and took a drink "like this" he said. I said "Oh you had a kitchen sink" and he said "no we had a well silly." I then asked how did you get the water from the well and he did not know. He called the utensil a dipper. That is what we called it at my grandmother's in the sixties. That is all he said tonight.

18. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

This weekend I did find a little bit more about what he thinks about. He said his mother and he were buried by the "church people." I asked him if he knew where his mother was buried and he said "by the church." He said he was buried there too, and he watched when they were getting buried. He also said his other father was there when they were buried. I said, "that must have been very scary to watch." He said "no I wasn't scared." I then asked "do you have a stone?" He did not know what I meant. So I told him that a stone is like the one by Casey and grandpa where they are buried. He said there was nothing there. If what he remember is seeing the burial, he may not know a stone comes later. There may be one there now.

This may be why he likes to play "bury me" a lot. If what he tells is past life memories, maybe that is the last thing he remembers about his life on earth.

I also tried getting him to draw. He does not have the small muscle co-ordination yet to draw much more than an uneven circle. He told me to draw his other mother. I drew a fat lady and he got mad. He said she is not fat and scribbled over it. I drew his other father and he said he has to have a hat on. He was insistant that the mother be as big (tall) as the father. I tried drawing the mother shorter than the father and he said they are the same size. I will try this again another time he is here.

I am going to try googling Todd Scherlin soundex and see what I come up with.

19. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Home made Noodles

My daughter told me something today that happened a few days ago. She had bought some new noodles in a cup for Kade to eat; he is a very picky kid. She showed them to me and told me they were easy to make. They come in a styrofoam cup. She said Kade loves them.

She said after she took them out of the microwave Kade came in from the living room and said he had smelled that smell a long, long time ago. She told him what is was and showed him. He looked at them and told her his other mother used to make noodles but not that way. She asked him how she made them and he said she did not get them from a cup. Dina asked if they were in a bag or a can and he said no she made them all by herself. So maybe she made home made noodles. In all my life I have met two people who make their own noodles.

On the way to the new house we were talking about noodles and Kade said his other mother cut noodles. I think we have learned something new about his other mother.

20. tltfaas

tltfaas Registered

Kade Said "Dope"

Hi all,

I've just started reading the thread about Kade and his past life. I was taken aback when he talked about making dope. There is a recipe, probably handed down orally, called "Dope" and it was often made by the poor. It would include adding in lots of leftovers and the yucky stuff like chicken fat and herbs and making sort of a poor man's stew. I've seen it referenced in books and my grandmother talked about it. I would guess that it became less well known some time in the 70's.

Hope that helps!

Bonnie

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Kade remembers hislast name

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.