Grandson remembers two deaths

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by shaddie, Dec 13, 2007.

1. shaddie

shaddie New Member

I'm new to forums. I've read Carol's books, as well as several others. Thank you all for your contributions.

Whether a person who has a traumatic death is more likely to remember it in the next life is an intriguing question for me. My grandson, Michael, seems to have died in a helicopter crash (he was the pilot), and by drowning when his car went off the road into water in an even earlier lifetime. He is near 4 now and we first tuned in to the fact that his memories were unusual when he turned 3, although he had likely said things before that.

What makes our experience with Michael interesting is that without our knowing, he was also so far-sighted he could barely see. We think the vision problem may have enhanced his ability to go into deep memories. I also wonder about the connection between a traumatic death and the vision problem. Lots of interesting thoughts there I'd like to explore with people who had similar experiences.

The first time it became clear Michael was talking outside of this lifetime, he was sitting on the floor near his mother and said, "I've been Michael for a very long time." She said, "Yes, sweetie. You've been Michael for 3 years now" thinking he was bragging about being 3. He said, "No, not now. I mean before now. I was Michael before. But then I was Michael Jr."

She told me and I just carried it in my mind. I had always accepted reincarnaton, but it was disconcerting and disturbing to be listening to a 3 year old remembering another lifetime. My first experience was when I was driving him home from school and he was asking what I thought were silly questions (children who can't see can ask the strangest things, and 3 year olds are usually a little wacky anyway). He asked me if there were elephants in the trees. I told him no. Then he asked if there were airplanes in the trees, and I said that airplanes don't like to be in trees, they need room around them to land, so we see airplanes in places that look like parking lots. He said, "Yessss. At a port." I knew he had never flown--and his interest in tv and books and games was practically zero--so I said, "Did your mother or daddy take you to see airplanes at the airport?" He said, "No." I said, "When did you see a port?" He said, "When I was flying my helicopter."

Over time, and very often when he was riding in his car seat behind me (Carol mentions they are like time travel machines for small kids), he would tell me about his experiences flying the helicopter. Soon after that day we found out about his vision and realized that he couldn't have gotten information about helicopters in any visual way and never been around anyone who had, but he talked about the controls--what his seat was like--what he kept under his seat--what he wore, and such.

It's easy to get caught up in wanting to verify these stories, and we did for a little while. He called it being "under a different sky." I figured he was in the military. I asked what he saw out the window when he was flying his helicopter. He answered, "Snow." He had no real or playlike experience with snow. As the story went on, it appeared he was in something like the coast guard--perhaps Canadian because we cleared up his 'having leaves on his jacket and helicopter' (we thought he meant camoflage)--my daughter found a picture of some "orange" helicopters (based on his description) and he pointed to one and said that's my helicopter, with the leaf on it (the Canadian Maple Leaf). He says he saved people.

He says he made a mistake and crashed his helicopter...coming in first over water and then land where there were big Christmas trees. And something happened after the crash that was very awful to him, but he doesn't explain it well--perhaps he was injured and attacked by an animal, or there was a person who hurt him--he's talked about fire. Whatever it was, he said he went then to Mars (I don't think he went to Mars, I just think he doesn't know how to describe what happened to him), and then he got new "parts" and came back to be in his mama's tummy and be a baby.

He also has talked about driving his car into the water. His mother asked if that was when his helicopter crashed. He said no, the car went in the water in the south, and the helicopter crash was in the north. (He doesn't know north and south.)

I picked him up at school one day and walked across the parking lot holding his hand, put him in the back seat and we started off. He said, "I wish I was tall." I asked why. He said, "If I was tall and you were little, I could hold your hand when we went across the street and keep you safe." It was such a tender thing to hear. I said, "If that could be possible, I know I would feel very safe and loved." And he sighed, and said, "Yessss."

This is just conjecture, but he has talked vaguely about having a little girl, and I think he has also been mourning the loss of that small child--longing to be with her and know she is safe.

Since we got his eyes somewhat taken care of and he can see, he is less likely to talk about "helicopter days." But little bits still come out. He is so interested in looking at things (as his brain adapts to what the glasses do for him) that he didn't know existed that he doesn't stay in the "remembering" state. Yesterday he was trying to explain to his mother how you turn a helicopter and he couldn't remember what to call something. He said, "I'm starting to forget about helicopters."

What strikes me is that when asked about his helicopter, he always seems to go to that bit of time before the crash--not to a whole life. As someone wrote in this thread, like PTSD--he goes back there.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has experience with blind or near-blind children who remember past lives.

Again, thank you for sharing all this information. I'll be reading for days.

~shaddie~

2. Reynardine

Reynardine Senior Registered

Thank you for sharing your fascinating story, Shaddie! It does sound as if Michael really has genuine past life memories, as they sound very realistic and not like something a child would make up. Feel free to ask, share more stories, and discuss!

3. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Shaddie,

I haven't heard of vision problems being associated with past life recall but I have heard of attention deficit disorder and early talking being associated with past life recall.

My son has both A.D.D and talked extremely early.

Maybe someone else can weigh in on the vision issues.

Its good that you have read Carol's work. Great place to start as is this forum. It sounds like Michael is a special little guy.

BTW--my son also remembered more than one lifetime but like Michael, the most prominent memory that was spoken about was his death. I haven't head of this too often (that a child remembers more than one lifetime).

Please feel free to post on Michael's memories. We just love all the details.

Vicky

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Sorry I missed this earlier Shaddie. I hope you will share more about your grandson. You might be interested in the story of Jesse who remembers living before in the same family as Tommy.

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Shaddie - does he ever talk about his eyes in relation to the crash? I am curious.

Also can you clarify why you think these are from two separate life times? Could he have crashed in the water - before going north?

6. Romy77

Romy77 New Member

Hello Shaddie, your post has been made three years ago. I discovered this page today because I am looking for explanation of my sons visual problems! Since he was 3,5 years old he started to feel my thoughts, I mean by that his ability to say loud what I am thinking about. At age of 4 he started to report seeing dots spread over his vision field, so I googled it and found hundreds of people in forums talking about the same trouble called Visual Snow! The scientist are trying to find the origin of this "disease" but can't messure more then extended production in the visual cortex of the brain. Well, there must be something about the connection between the eyes and the brain but my son became clairvoyant as he can remember many past lifes clearly and he feels about my health problems sometimes and even he understand the mental problems and relations between the people. So I ask myself where is the correlation between his vision disturbance making his current life so hard to take and his ability to remember so many past lifes! He turned 10 some days ago and his ability to"see" has grown in the past year immensely, most of the time he wants to be alone listening music or reading comics and thinking about his lifes.

Is there anyone here having the same troubles with Visual Snow?

Is there anyone here reporting that his/her child forgot about past lifes after they calmed their soul? Sometimes I think he forget about it and than it comes back again. He spoke about it night and day in the previous couple of weeks and today he didn't know what I am talking about and he feels low with his vision again as this can worsen any time for any known reason.

I would appreciate any thoughts and experiences.

Thank you!

landsend likes this.
  7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Romy77,

Welcome to the forum.
    I just Googled Visual Snow Syndrome and I was surprised. Their vision looks like an art expression. It's also amazing that it seems that this syndrome goes with clairvoyance. I am so sorry that I cannot help you with any information about this syndrome.
    But I have two sons who both had episodes in their life when they talked about former lives (better say: about how they died in former lives). And yes, when coming of age they lost interest in their own stories, then said they had made up their stories until ... they said I made up their stories. :confused::p

Pastrunr and Reincarnat like this.
  8. Reincarnat

Reincarnat New Member

It's called the mystery of reincarnation. "After thousands and thousands of dreams, We are awaken. After thousands and thousands of births, We are born. ... This, the end, is only the beginning."

Tesso likes this.
  9. Romy77

Romy77 New Member

Hello back, thanks for your quick response!

My son has developped very strange state of minds in the last 3 years. It began with huge fears when he couldn't be alone in the room or even change the room because there was a person standing everywhere. He told me he sees him really not only like a shadow. Few months ago he confessed me that he has been hunted by a very critical voice night and day telling him what to do, how to do and critizising him and others. This made him a huge stress followed by many health problems. Thats why I am not sure if the VS syndrom relates to stress or to special ability to see more than others! Anyhow, this automn he got very strong headache and nose bleeding, headach lasted for 5 weeks and during this period the voice dissapeared! After that he started to see very clearly many of his past lifes like a movie. There was some evenings where he started to tell me picture by picture of his different past life situations far back in time ( year 300 a.c.) and he describes me clothes, situations, feelings. When this was kind of done he started to tell me about the last life as a soldier in the USA. I must say that he learned english very quickly by just seeing me watching some youtube videos from the US. He understands every word spoken, which is kind of a miracle! He even remembers being a soldier in the 18th century fighting against British. He listens every day his favourite musical Hamilton where he feels kind of understanding.

Yesterday, he told me the first time he cannot remember anythig of this!? But his eyes made him again a hard time and he feels kind of low for the last three days. His typical symptoms appeared again : feeling like to have a cold, body in fever and huge tiredness. I think that some change may follow by this body symptoms! Can you relate to this? Did your boys react through illness too?

I feel like I must be ready for any kind of state of his mind. If this stays and he keeps his voyance I will be there for him. If it goes I will pray for his eyes can get back to normal as he has been suffering a lot because of his vision. The problem is as long as I don^t know the cause I cannot help him effectively. I change always directions, which means one I try to speak to a doctor with no results, once I try to chanell his past life to give him relief.. I must stay flexible to whatever state he takes! Beside this I try to work and keep my mind positiv ...hard job!

10. Pastrunr

Pastrunr New Member

This is the first time I've heard about this syndrome being related to clairvoyance. @Romy77 I wish your son to be well, every child doesn't deserve this kind of hardship.

11. Reincarnat

Reincarnat New Member

Very well said.