Habits.

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi.

What habits or character quirks have you noticed that have carried over into newer incarnations?

I find that the soul expresses itself in similar ways myself.

Speedwell likes this.
  2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I can't be sure... but one of the issues I am resolving in this life is being obsessed with having to make my father proud. I learned and noticed that there is nothing I must do, that he already is proud of me, despite me having no notable career. I am incredibly thankful for that. So hopefully, I will be able to get rid of this "I must make my father proud" issue.
    Then, part of me still likes playing games. While I am suffering from inferiority complex in this life, part of me sometimes still wants to outsmart others. Wants to be the know-it-all. Wants to be wise. Wants to beat others in a word duel or something. As if I had a chance, lol... and as if I would care.
    While I enjoy being a nobody as nobody can be, as anonymity is priceless, part of me sometimes still wishes I could have a certain popularity. Because I would love to dress up as somebody else, then spread rumors about myself, just to see what people would make out of it. And hey, nowadays somebody could record the funny faces with their phone... I know this is wrong, but part of me still thinks this would be funny.

3. briski

briski Senior Member

I will be honest, i really wish I knew!

4. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

For me it is complicated and hard to put into words but I am recognizing that besides the quirks there were also phases and patterns that was like re-living through eras so to speak.

5. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I have habits a-plenty! Some of them awful and others quite amusing.

6. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

On occasion, I still do the same dorky half-grin I used to. I have a few postures that carried over like sitting with my hands on my thighs with my elbows angled out. I also sometimes catch myself walking with my left hand at my belt line as though hovering by a nonexistent weapon. The most interesting quirk would have to be my love of disguises. In multiple of my past lives, I employed many disguises both for enjoyment and strategy. To this day, I will never turn down a chance to dress as someone else.

7. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I still adore performance, sciences and such. I have the same smile and mannerisms around me, however the most uncanny notion appears to be in the vein of appearance, which I find slightly disappointing, as what is rebirth without a notable change?

8. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

It's an interesting perspective, especially after reading of many people who still base claims on physical resemblance.
    In my experience I changed appearance quite remarkably, exception made only for an ancient past life of mine... anyway, I only remember lives in which I was male. I know from a couple of pictures that I frown and smile pretty much like my incarnation from the 50's, and according to my friend's memories of that and my ancient life, I was just as delicate as I am now. I guess my character hasn't changed too much through the centuries.

9. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I think that perhaps older souls wish to change more- though that is just a loose hypothesis

10. Spirit Sword

What makes you say that?

11. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I think that if you have had an array of lives, you would want them to be more variable. Similitude is rather boring.

12. Spirit Sword

Or perhaps older souls are more set in their ways? I would think that newer souls would be excited and want to try everything until they have finally settled down with a pattern that works for them. Similitude may be boring, but how many people do the same thing when they get home from work each day? Most people find patterns, for good or ill, and stick with them because it is comfortable and it is easy and it might just be the way that works best for the individual.

This thread does not demonstrate a complete lack of variety, it merely displays the occasional patterns that a soul has kept with it. This current incarnation of mine, despite having a few quirks carry over, is quite different from my past ones in many ways. Many of these differences lead to information about my personal life, which I play close to the chest, and therefore would not discuss. Which, of course, gives the illusion that I have not changed.

Speedwell likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

Indeed, that could very well be the case; though I shall say this, I have seldom changed within my quirks and such, and I don't believe myself to be an old soul in any sense of the word, however, as with anything, I could be incredibly wrong. :p

14. Spirit Sword

I do not consider myself as such either. But other people have called me an old soul so many times lately that it is starting to feel unoriginal. It must be perspective.

Soul paths should not be generalized. Everyone's journey is going to be different and trying to seek out patterns does not really get us much in the end.

15. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I dunno Spirit Sword and Vivi. I mean, I don't have a uniform in my current life and I ain't involved in a war. I'm not a civil servant or a barrister or anything like that. I look different but I've found that I express myself basically the same and I think basically the same. Like whatever 'suit' I'm wearing or circumstances I find myself in is irrelevant because my soul expresses itself the same way.

I was thinking that if ego is an earthbound concept then whatever it is that comes back from the ether manifests quirks and habits in pretty much the same way.

Maybe its what we manifest that points to the truth of what we are. Pure spirit becomes earthbound and has similar flaws, ego etc. It makes me wonder what I am in terms of my higher self.

Others may have another take on it but what really surprises me is what stays the same, its the challenges life throws at me that's different. Also accent, region era etc. The social mores change me too.

Spirit Sword likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I think perhaps we are all placed in situations intrinsic to our souls, perhaps some are bound to continue in the same vein, whereas others have to take on completely polar roles..