Handwriting

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Red Night, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

I'm curious, do any of you have similar handwriting to those of your past lives?
    The thing is, I apparently have really nice handwriting. Especially for my generation. I've never had any formal training besides what we were taught in elementary school. And I'm not very artistic at all; I can hardly draw a stick person. haha So it just seems kind of strange to me that my handwriting would look so old fashioned. I'll admit that I've always been interested in handwriting and I've copied letter forms that I like, but like I said, I've never been "trained." It was funny, last year I was in a class and my teacher had made a quill and the two of us were trying to use it. He'd start writing and the ink would splatter all over and he'd have to re-dip after only a few words. When I used it I didn't have any problems at all and he was baffled that I seemed to have such a gently hand.

Here's an example of it, see what you guys think...:
    [​IMG]

So, I was curious if anybody has any links to their past lives through their handwriting. Maybe it's shockingly similar to the person you used to be. Or maybe old-fashioned handwriting is trait you've carried over from the past. I dunno, just thought it might be an interesting topic. :)

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Now that's an interesting question. I would not even know where to begin to look. People should start scanning handwritten letters, school work, etc. and save them to .pdf files. Cursive writing is fast becoming a lost art. They don't teach it in elementary school anymore. I was shocked recently to learn the ten year old son of a friend can not read cursive writing. I still have a few of my school papers from the 50's and 60's. Also letters of my mother and grandmothers, etc. It sounds like you were someone who did a lot of writing in a past life. And with a quill! Revolutionary War? I think the fountain pen was invented in the 1800's.

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

My father learned what was called "copperplate" penmanship in Texas in the 1920's. Sometimes, he did exercises, and did a sort of "warm up", before he signed his name. Your writing doesn't have the same letter formation, but it's character is quite even, which gives it an antique look. You can tell many things from a person's handwriting, including their state of health, gender orientation, etc. Corporations sometimes hired handwriting analysis experts before hiring a candidate to fill a job opening. I suppose that occupation will go the way of the blacksmith. It would be quite interesting to compare handwriting samples from different lives. This may work for people with "famous incarnations". If I were you, I would get a book on handwriting analyses, and use that as a starting point. Maybe who you are "now" would tell something about who you "were".

4. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Great thread! Nice picture too - the uniformity of your hand certainly stands out in this day and age.

I could answer yes to the question above. Not my every day handwriting, but the way I used to write in the past does come out occasionally.

At a young age, I used to spend hours studying and improving my calligraphy, especially the medieval style Textura Quadrata - I did this long before I remembered memories of a life during the time this style of writing was used. I could post a example picture if there is interest. I love writing with a quill, in fact I make them! :) Many people have trouble with regulating the ink, like you're talking about - but it just comes easier to some people.

If I have a dream about another time period or past life, I will write it down in my journal the moment I awake so as not to loose any of the details I might forget later. When I do this, I sometimes notice later that my handwriting looks distinctively different, not like I even wrote it. I will sometimes also word things differently, in a more old fashioned manner.

Thanks for posting & sharing! :)

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

I don't have a name of who I was on the life I am working on but I can check the signature of my great grandmother, who I thought I was and see if they match. Going from memory, however, I think it might not be a match.

For those of you with ancestry.com there are many documents on file where you can match signatures.

Sadly, children here aren't taught handwriting anymore. They are told they won't need it and are only taught to write their name ... the teacher writes it and has them copy it. So very sad.

I am thankful for the time my children spent in parochial school and for the education they go there. Sometimes a bit of "old school" can be very good.

6. Red Night

Wonderful replies!

It would be interesting to see where something like this took people. Of course, it isn't pure evidence like memories or anything like that, but if you're already on a lead I think sharing very similar handwriting with whoever you happened to be in your past lives could provide another clue to who we were.

I feel like I must have wrote quite often in a lot of my lifetimes. It might be a helpful for me, if I ever actually gain any patience in this lifetime, to try meditating with pen and paper. See if I write anything down. Or maybe just meditate about pen and paper. If I've always been a writer, something should pop up eventually!

Lady2,

I like what you said about your handwriting being different after you wake up from your dreams. Also, what you said about how you write things was interesting to me too, because that often happens to me too. Except, it's whenever I wake up. If the first thing I do is write and I'm in a fairly calm and peaceful mood, the things I say seem very... old. I wonder if it's because my head is clear and my true self is able to pass through with more ease.

7. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Its wonderful to hear from others who have had similar experiences. I agree, it's probably due to having a quiet mindset upon first waking, easier for the past to come through.

Here is a quick picture I just took, it shows some of my work from when I was around 13 years old. Years later, I now have remembered memories of a past life as a monk around 1199-1250. I still love writing.

[​IMG][/img]

8. argonne1918

I'm disgusted with the way kids today are being "dumbed down". I think there are political as well as business reasons. But I think the day will come when they wish they hadn't thrown out all of the "old" ways. But for the few who DO learn the old ways there will be opportunities. They might even be in demand for their skills. Look at the research people here are doing. Will today's students know how to do this someday?

9. argonne1918

Sounds like "automatic writing".

10. argonne1918

You were one of the few literate people back then. Hard for us today to believe that ALL books back then were written and copied by hand, mostly by Catholic monks.

11. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

Lady2,

That is amazing for age 12. Do you still do calligraphy?

12. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

A great thread started here - handwriting is one of those little 'clues' we talk about...A window into the past, you could say. So many overlook the subtle clues & hints of who they've been before, waiting for a huge flashback or memory (which not everyone has). If not understood, they can be overlooked, but they are still there.

Yes, this is very true argonne. Very few could actually read. I believe I would copy texts, so that if the original was destroyed (lots of churches were burned & raided back then), the text would not be lost.

Mama2hrB - oh yes, I still do calligraphy. It's one of many 'old hobbies' of mine. :)

I'm curious, do any other members have a connection to past lives through handwriting?

13. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member Staff Member

Wow Red Night, finally someone's handwriting similar to my own! :laugh:

I have never had any formal penmanship teaching either, but have erred towards this style since, well, since I was given the freedom of hand and allowed it. None of my teachers could fathom where I had learned it from, and my parents definitely do not share the style either; and working in a profession known for their terrible handwriting :)rolleyes:), I often have comments made by other staff as to where I leanred such fancy stuff and what type of schools I went to. It is however a source of pride for me to have pretty, legible writing, and I cannot bring myself to scrawl even when I'm rushing... much to the chagrin of my co-workers lol

Recently, I came across French script on microsoft word, and I have to say the styles I aim for are definitely along those lines. I have also had the luxury of finding a small sample of handwriting from my Springberg, and also a school essay by Catherine and they both wrote in a similar way, although somehow I feel the source of my own writing transcends them...?

14. Edelweiss

Edelweiss New Member

American by birth, and Southern by the grace of Go
    As a child, I taught myself cursive and how to write. By the time I was old enough that they would begin to teach cursive, I was already a pro! Unfortunately, have not been able to find any samples of my hand writing. Most of it was either destroyed in the war, or lost to family throughout time.

The idea that someone could possibly find past hand writing samples, is exciting. Could connect quite a few dots for some.

Lady2- I too, taught myself calligraphy at age of 12! It's all I'd write in, so I am interested in how many others picked up calligraphy at age 12?

15. Red Night

I've actually seen a handwriting sample that looks vaguely similar to mine of Anne Frank's, who for a time I thought I might have been. But seeing the resemblances between the two makes me feel even more strongly that, though I may have not been Anne Frank, I lived around the time and in the area she did in my last lifetime. But maybe that's a silly correlation; I'm not certain since the 1940s were really not that long ago and similarities in handwriting style is probably just coincidental. But who knows! I really like some of the formations of the letters she's used and have incorporated one or two into my own hand. They just feel right to me. My "I"s are Germanic, for example.

http://devoral.deviantart.com/art/Tales-from-the-Secret-Annexe-4-162390486

If you click on the picture it'll enlarge it a bit.

16. mintblonde

mintblonde Mint Blonde

I recently joined Ancestry.com to learn a bit about my family history. I found a World War II document written by my great-grandfather. The second I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes because it was my father's handwriting to a T! I showed my dad and even he was shocked because his handwriting is pretty unique. It would make sense for them to share a soul because my great-grandfather died a few years before my father was born but who knows? :rolleyes:

17. BriarRose

Handwriting analysts believe that writing is formed by the character, so people of similar character and personality would have similar handwriting. This could be PL related, but also genetic. (i.e. traits passed down from father to son) Certain styles of handwriting would most probably be connected to the era in which they were learned, so a strong pull to "copperplate" or calligraphy styles seem indicative of a PL connection. Copperplate was taught for several hundred years. I can't believe I'm the only member of this forum who ever "dabbled" in handwriting analysis. Where are you, people? I am very far from an expert. The local librarian in the 1960's wouldn't let me check the books out, because they referred to homosexuality. I studied the books hidden back in the stacks! There is a person living who has a strong case for being Anne Frank. It was one of the more stunning PL cases I've ever read. I don't have the link. If you google "past lives" and "Anne Frank", you would probably find the story.

18. Red Night

Briarrose,

Yes, I've already been in contact with the reincarnation of Anne Frank. She's a very wonderful and kind woman; she definitely had good patience with me! I was very skeptical at first; but when I watch an interview she was in I stating crying and crying and at that moment I just "knew." That was when I was fifteen. I've had a problem of claiming to be different people (you can look through my posts here). I don't make stuff up or not take any of this seriously; it's just that for a long time I was VERY desperate to discover who I had been because I had such an emotional connection to the Holocaust and WWII, so whenever something popped into my head I took it as fact and my imagination led me to all sorts of "conclusions." I believe part of that was me being somewhat of an empath too. Sometimes I still get impressions that I was Anne, but all I have to do is watch that interview and I know I'm not...

But I'm rambling. I've heard a lot of negative things about handwriting analysis. I'm not sure if it's something I believe or not, but I'm going to have a lot of free time over the next couple of weeks, so I might head to the library and check some stuff out.

19. BriarRose

Hi RedNight, I'm somewhat empathic, too.I never know if what I'm picking up are my memories, or someone else's. Several of what I thought were memories have conflicting time frames. I don't think anyone on this forum willfully "makes things up." I think we all really want to sort things out, and are desperate for help. The handwriting analysis will soon go the "way of the dinosaurs", if schools aren't teaching cursive. What can they be thinking? I felt the same way about Morse Code. Someday, all this technology may crash, and we are making ourselves ever more vulnerable. The Anne Frank reincarnation is really convincing. I hope others, who have better computer skills than me, will find it, and post the link.

20. Red Night

I agree with you; we're making ourselves too vulnerable. NASA talks about solar storms affecting out electronics and it's scary when you see just how much we rely on modern technology and that all of it could just get wiped out. I think when I have kids I'm going to make sure that they learn different ways of living besides from their modern existence.

Anywhere, here's the Anne Frank link:

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-anne-frank-barbro-karlen-reincarnation-past-life

If you go to youtube and search "Barbro Karlen" her interview shows up in a few different links. I sometimes wonder if maybe I knew her then. She just seems so familiar in the interview. When I first got into contact with her I thought I had been Anne's father, Otto...