Handwriting

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Red Night, Dec 29, 2012.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Thank you for posting that link. I think people who haven't seen it will find it very interesting. As for teaching your kids the ways of the past, huzzah! I hope others do the same. Does anyone remember 'The Whole Earth Catalogue'? I used to study that in case I ever needed to built a yurt. Getting back to writing, I am convinced about your Holocaust era PL, RedNight.

2. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

Thank you BriarRose! Did you get that impression just from viewing my writing?

3. BriarRose

No, although it does have a feeling of an older time. Your feelings about the Holocaust are very strong, and started at an early age. Also, your posts have the quality of a much more mature person. I never guessed you were still a student,until you mentioned school. I know you have heard people talk about "old souls." It's only my opinion, but I think you may be one of those "old souls".

4. Red Night

Thanks! I've gotten the old soul comment a good few times... I actually just graduated high school last June, by the way.

5. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

While researching another person's possible reincarnation (it's a bit of hobby) a voice told me to look up a fairly famous person. He led a life that was very similar to what I remember from old past life memories. I didn't really take it that seriously until I compared our handwriting, which is so similar it's eerie. But then, that's a subjective opinion.

BTW, Red Night, you actually do have very antique looking handwriting.

6. verbosewriter

verbosewriter New Member

Waiting in line at the post office

If you don't print out postage or address labels on your computer, then you'd have to hand-write addresses on your package for shipping. Hand print works. Sighs. I miss penmanship, I aced it in school.

7. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I found a scanned sample of my own handwriting on one of my old blogs today, so I thought I'd include it on this thread. I'd love to hear others' opinions on this. To compare, open this link and this link in new windows (just right click on most operating systems).

8. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

Amazing!

You guys have beautiful handwriting...I wish I did, but my parents were doctors and mine's a mess, haha.

The one thing I picked up on quickly as a child was learning new words and reading and writing and learning new languages. Why do you think that is? I think it might have been because I was a messenger between different Native American tribes and I had to do a lot of communicating. In this life, my communication is not 100% (I was diagnosed with autism), however I bet with practice I can re-learn my old ways.

9. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Businesses have no use for cursive writing anymore. That's why schools no longer teach it. But in years to come today's kids won't be able to read their grandparents and great grandparents letters.

10. Red Night

I believe it'll be difficult, but not impossible. It depends on how artistic the person's mind is. And of course there will be historians who'll have little to no difficulty. I can read the Declaration of Independence (for example) almost as easily as words typed out on a computer, yet ask an average every day person to and they'll give up before they even try. It really isn't that difficult if you just concentrate a bit! That is, unless the writing is horrible and sloppy...

11. HeatherMarie

HeatherMarie New Member

WOW! Your handwriting is beautiful Red Night! I WISH so badly I could learn perfect penmanship like that. Does anyone know how people back then learned it? Or ways I can?

12. Red Night

Thank you! :)

I do write quite a bit, so that might have something to do with it, but otherwise it just takes practice. I was really not allowed to write in print during my last couple of years of elementary school, so that helped get drilled in to me to only write in cursive. I was lucky enough to have my handwriting evolve over time, I guess. I also examined different scripts and took influence from those based on what stood out to me. Like the Germanic capital "I"s are much more attractive to me than other forms. Most of all just practice, practice, practice if you find it's a little difficult!

And not everyone in the past actually had that nice of handwriting. It's just one of those common misconceptions people have about days gone by. But good luck! And one thing to remember is not only were they people just like us, but they were us, so beautiful script might come more naturally than you think if you just put a bit of thought into it. :)

13. argonne1918

We use to learn cursive writing in school beginning in second grade. We started out drawing circles. The teacher would draw large circles on the chalk board and we would copy. Then when she (Grades K-3 always had female teachers) felt we were ready she would have us start adding "tails" to the circle. The idea with cursive is to write the whole word without lifting your pen or pencil from the paper. Lifting your pen is a waste of time and energy. The purpose of cursive writing is to save time (and therefore money).

14. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

After reading this thread a few times since Red Night posted it four months ago, I have to say I don't understand most of the comments made afterwards, but I don't know if it's because I'm old (37) and that's the only way I know of writing (my handwriting is very similar to Red Night's), or because I'm Spanish and that's the way teachers taught us to write.

You can have more or less elegant handwriting, and I know it depends a lot on your personality too, but as far as I know, many people close to me, from grandparents, to parents, friends... everyone knows or knew how to write in cursive and that's nothing special. We do it less often these times, and that's quite sad, I really miss to write my long stories with just a ballpen and paper, but I still see very far the time when our kids won't learn to write at school due to computers invading everything. I'll really worry if that happens one day (if it hasn't started yet).

I don't know... I'm a bit confused. :confused:

15. BriarRose

I've been told that in the U.S., cursive is no longer being taught Eowyn. I find that sad, and disturbing, and I hope it isn't true. Our educational system must be continuing to "dumb" everything down, and take every shortcut. My youngest child is 22, and was taught cursive, so this must be a recent development.

16. Red Night

.... I actually have to admit that I agree with you to a certain extent and felt somewhat silly not too long after starting this thread.

But many people my age, where I'm from, have disgusting handwriting. Many of the guys my age (that I know) have handwriting that looks like it hasn't changed much since their childhood, and the girls seem to have the same ridiculous looking bubble print.

Unfortunately, at the time I posted this, it didn't actually hit me (God, this will make me sound dumb) that... duh!... anybody can be taught to write well. I was just always sort of used to being somewhat an anomaly in school because people were always shocked when they looked down at my paper. I guess I just got a little overzealous. :/

17. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

This is really interesting topic.

My handwriting and printing style is over the place.

Sometimes I don't recognize it.

I do think it's past life related I thought about this for a while.

18. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

You are correct, many schools have dropped cursive. Thankfully my daughters spent several years in the parochial school system and learned cursive there. My youngest is one of perhaps only 2 in her class that can write and read cursive.

Kinda weird .. they teach Spanish almost like a second language but drop cursive, which really will limit historical research in the far future.

One of my daughter's friends told her the teach wrote each of their names in cursive and told them to copy it and practice writing the name so they have a signature.

19. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

You can buy books on it at WalMart and teacher supply places, possibly even cheaper on amazon.com and ebay.

20. argonne1918

There are also many cursive writing instructional videos on YouTube.