has any of your past life memory triggered by tv shows or watching documentaries?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by truthlove, Aug 5, 2019.

1. truthlove

truthlove Senior Member

I read once on another website that some one's memory was triggered by watching a documentary on a castle and they showed the basement of the castle , this person remembered being imprisoned their by her husband and left to die. I feel some shows can be highly triggering. Its interesting to know if anyone here has had such triggers due to watching tv shows or documentaries?

Eva1942 likes this.
  2. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

That’s a big fat YES from me. I’ve seen so many documentaries and shows about my WWII lifetime that it’s triggered memories and I have even be able to tell people what it looked like and how I felt. Also been able to tell people just EXACTLY where certain things were.

Also there is a scene in the Anthropoid film, that features the interrogation cells of Petchek Palace, the Gestapo HQ in Prague that triggers me VERY SEVERELY. That’s where I was taken and interrogated when I was denounced as a Jew. The two times I’ve tried to watch the entire film, it’s only this scene that I’ve hid behind a pillow or closed my eyes. I’ve even felt the wood of the chair I was tied to even though I was safely on my leather recliner sofa at home.

Eva x

AlteSeele and truthlove like this.
  3. truthlove

truthlove Senior Member

Wow Eva! That must have been very intense for you. I can totally understand how these tv shows can bring up stuff, sometimes even if we dont remember the details , we often are drawn to one period more so than the others.

Eva1942 likes this.
  4. Eva1942

So very intense. Hence why I have learned NOT to watch these documentaries anymore. OR I get my most closest trusted friend to watch them before I do so they can tell me whether it’s one that is ‘safe’ for me to watch. Anthropoid was released in 2016, and it took me until the late half of 2018 and early 2019 to be able to just watch it.

Have you had anything?

Eva x

truthlove likes this.
  5. truthlove

truthlove Senior Member

No not direct memories although i am so very drawn to medieval period and 19th century for some reason. i watch a lot of those tv shows. for some reason 1950s to 1960s even 70s dont interest me at all. like i dont want anything to do with those periods. i dislike the style, movies, music. dont know why, but i am very much into 1800s and perhaps 1400s or earlier times.

Its good idea that you have friend to check out these WW2 shows before you see them.

Eva1942 likes this.
  6. Eva1942

Being honest, I do like a lot of the 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s shows and I was not even incarnate then.

Other documentaries and shows that trigger my past life memories are Ancient Egypt ones. Particularly ones about the Amarna period and also about the reigns of Pharaoh’s Seti I and Ramesses II. Sometimes I get wildly frustrated and angry with ones that explore Houses of Eternities (Tombs) and I know where this comes from. It comes from my lifetimes in Egypt both as a Queen and (later) a Pharaoh.

It is good I have a friend like this. They were with me in my WWII lifetime so it’s good :)

Have you ever wondered if your interest in the 1400’s and earlier (or like you said, the 1800’s) “could” stem from a lifetime around those times? I mean not all current lifetime interest stems from past lives, but I’ve often looked upon it as possible.

Eva x

truthlove likes this.
  7. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, I can remember one times that this has happened. when I was watching by accident late one night because there was nothing else to see an old black and white movie and an actor stood out from the rest as if he was familiar. I later had flashbacks of him when he was younger and skinner. Having later found out that possibly past life me and he were friends, then dated and then friends again. Then lost touch. I remember her telling him she was in love with someone else. I was highly suspiscious that my flashbacks were untrue becsuse they were, to me, so unglamouros, but later found that yes, he had had a place, home in the country, he had driven a typical farmers car, he had attended typical youngsters home parties, and from a close family source he had made efforts to find a particular lake where she wanted to go and swim, so this could explain why my flashbacks was of them enjoying the simple outdoors, I also remembered them visting someone he knew in New York, just like he had an ordinary job and was no moviestar. I remember his cat, there is one record of him trying to bring her out to the spotlight on a film premiere date. But she said no thanks. People must have thought she was nuts. All this did not come easy to me, the first biography I read of him did not mention her. I had to find sources that were his friends and her family to make comments of their relationship, I got this years after I had my flasbacks. In his memoir he did not mention her either. I remember the time when I found an old biogrpaphy of him, and saw a full page photo of her. She was young and skinny too and laughing at the camera. I had told myself so far that my flashbacks were untrue, to then see that photo and her name. Her skinny legs were like they had appeared in my flashbacks when they were at the lake or she was outside his home barefoot with a dress on and carrying his cat to go inside where he was. The other time was not something on television but a song that triggered another pl.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    truthlove likes this.
  8. truthlove

truthlove Senior Member

WOW! Those are such detailed flash backs Jaimie. I am fascinated by your experiences. Thanks for sharing. Gives me more perspective on the nature of reality , how our consciousness shares many bodies

Jaimie likes this.
  9. truthlove

truthlove Senior Member

I am drawn to and have always been attracted to Old Egyptian culture too although i dont have any specific memory come up. All my past life related bleed through often come up as intense emotions like for no current physical event reason, and i have realised may be for me the memories themselves are not relevant but the opportunity to work with those emotions is relevant.

When specifics are concerned, I had one dream after i met my soulmate and currently my husband , the dream showed series of lifetimes we have had together , it was a fascinating dream because it started with the death in the dream, i died and was wandering in a dimension until i realised that i was dead and then i started to move at high speed upwards like in a high speed lift and came into a room which i sensed to be a life review room. There i met whom i felt to be my guide and she showed me an album which contained me and my husband's all past or alternative lives , like how similar we manifested our physical looks in each lifetime although our genders changed , in some he was female and in some i was. i saw one in the 60s or 70s in which he was a female and i was male, and one in ancient greek period , in which one of my fellow university class mate from my student days to whom i always had an affectionate regard for in this lifetime, was our son in that greek life time. As i was watching the album of our past lives, my guide said something like " Now i am going to tell you something very important'' and i woke up suddenly , without remembering what she told. may be i was not meant to remember that important thing she told me, consciously.

10. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Gladiator got me real good. We watched it in Latin class and during that arena scene, I just had this not so great feeling in my stomach. I couldn't actually remember anything yet, but I could definitely feel it. I wasn't a gladiator, but I was killed by one, in what I believe was the Roman Colosseum. Occasionally, criminals or 'undesired citizens' would be tossed into the ring as a death sentence. I had a dream about it years later in what I can only describe as a horrifying amount of detail.

There's a historical Korean drama called Empress Ki that made me remember stuff too. The base of the show was about the Mongol Empire taking over Korea. Watching it definitely set off my past life memories as a Mongol ruffian.

truthlove and Jaimie like this.
  11. truthlove

truthlove Senior Member

Often past life memories show up on a cellular level in the body in a very unexplainable way, seems like your body knew what was that all about even when conscious mind couldn't remember. Dreams are often the best place to unwind these memories because we handle and process their much better than here.

Eva1942 and Klaud like this.
  12. Eva1942

A friend of mine had a reaction to the Gladiator movie too. Particularly the Roman Colosseum.

Isn’t it interesting how movies and films, even though they are with actors and actresses trigger our memories? :eek:

Eva x

Klaud likes this.
  13. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

I have lost track of the number of times this has happened to me.

Most notable was an experience parallel to the one described in the original post. A documentary was touring a castle. When they got to the depths of the dungeon, I suddenly tensed up, recognized the area and remembered that there was an oubliette in that room before it was shown on camera or mentioned by the guide. I had to pause it and come back later. That night, I had memories of being left down there in the dark, slowly becoming unhinged.

There have been several cases where I would merely become anxious and a memory would not resurface, such as when I first watched Gladiator or the History Channel's recent show Knightfall.

Another instance was when I had the ingenious idea to research some of the general culture from the period surrounding my lifetime in Japan. A few minutes into a video recreating a dance style from the era, I felt my eyes misting up. I am not the type of person to be moved by art like that and was incredibly confused by my overwhelming, bittersweet feelings. I later found out that the woman who appeared in several of my memories, who I was madly in love with, was a dancer who employed that specific style.

14. Yulee

Yulee New Member

Absolutely yes, anytime a documentary comes on about world war II in Germany I feel very intense emotion. I almost want to cry and, I can't watch it even video games about war rules to trigger me. I have found out that I was infact a German soldier in world war 2 I had two sister, I lived on a farm before the war. I was 23 years old when I died. I was shot in the head by a sniper I have had many dreams about my past live as a soldier. Anything to do with war my heart breaks I feel my soul break.

truthlove likes this.
  15. truthlove

truthlove Senior Member

Yes. Bleed throughs are the way past life memories usually make themselves known. We don't need to remember the exact story,but the emotions of intense abandonment, betrayal or whatever that comes up in exaggerated proportions out of nowhere in relation to a simple and not so intense moment in our current lives are usually bleed throughs from other lives in my opinion and this I feel is because all time is NOW , simultaneous, and when you are able to meet them and see them for what they are , story or no story , just seeing the energy dynamics , often resolves them all across the timelines, that means future and the past. Then the similar events when they happen do not invoke the same intensity of emotion, and our responses will be different, we dont react automatically , instead are able to observe it with some understanding of its truth and love for the traumatized self. This has been my experience.

I am fascinated by your experiences and grateful for all of you sharing them, there is an unconditionally supportive space here for your truth.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  16. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Yes it is! I usually have more of a reaction to various world music though.

Eva1942 likes this.
  17. Eva1942

You do? Which world music? I have a deep fondness for Yiddish Music and also Hindi/Bollywood Music.

Eva x

18. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

All different kinds! Traditional Indian music, Native American, Medieval, and Mongolian throat singing to be specific. I'll have to check out Yiddish music!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  19. Eva1942

This is one of my favourite Yiddish songs at the moment- Belz, Mayn Shtetele Belz.

Belz was actually a town in Poland and its Jewish population was almost wiped out completely. It’s more or less a Yiddish nursery rhyme. My Jewish Mutti in my German-Jewish WWII lifetime used to sing something similar to me when I was a little girl.

Here is my other one too. “Mein Yiddische Mame” Some of the photographs in the clip are actually Occupied Paris during the time of the Germans.

There’s a video a friend shared a little little ago with Mongolian throat singers. I will have to find it.

Eva x

Klaud likes this.
  20. Marie Komboukos

Marie Komboukos Beloved

Yes ive had a few memories being triggered by watching documentaries on the holocaust. One of which was me and my two nephews hiding from the SS. We three were praying they would not find us at all, but it wasnt meant for us to hide...someone told on us....I remember one of the camps had a cell which had a blue star of david in the cell..i was by myself i remember that...my two nephews were not there...i'd love to explore this lifetime further. its why i have anxiety with being alone in this lifetime.