Has my Sister returned from the 9/11 tragedy?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Luniara, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Luniara

Luniara Registered

I'm kind of copying and pasting my post from another forum after being directed here. I was doing some research on google regarding this subject and while I do not have a child or have any experiences with feeling/seeing/experiencing a past life... I have been approached by someone regarding this.

My older sister passed away on 9/11. She was in the second tower in the 80th floors. This afternoon I received a phone call from a woman stating she is doing a documentary on A&E regarding 9/11. She mentioned it was more "spiritual" based. I was confused for a moment and soon the lady continued on to say the documentary was actually more based upon my sister. This woman cautiously began to explain a 2 year old has been having dreams, nightmares or just memories that do not belong to her. The family had brought her to a child psychologist or something along those lines and she drew detailed pictures depicting the events, a woman and other depictions of people. I imagine somewhere along the lines this woman came into contact with the family and an investigation unfolded. They apparently have done testing on different photos and while I'm not particularly sure exactly how they came down to it... the end results came up to be multiple photos of my sister, as well as photos of the family.

Now, every year I create tribute pieces of artwork in honor of my sister and her name is certainly well known online due to tributes or our contributions. The woman is going to be providing me a video of this little girl picking the photos out and she has asked me to provide photos and other things that aren't published online so they can "prove" their findings. I'm quite emotional about this situation and I do not know what to think of it. I don't know what would come for it and if this end result would help my family at all. What if we ended up having to meet this girl? This hasn't been brought up but what exactly would these producers want our family to do regarding this? I'm certainly not against the idea of reincarnation or anything but I had never in a moment thought it would ever pertain to my sister. It would change the way I feel about her passing completely since everyday I sit and hope she's watching over me, being proud of me or simply here to make sure I am okay. I would no longer have this comfort or even the comfort of knowing one day I could possibly meet her again depending on the unknown.

Is there any advice you guys can give me? I do not know what to do and I have not told my mother year knowing what this could cause for her emotionally. It's causing me quite the distress and while I wait for this video and questions to my answers, I have no one to truly talk to about this. I am seeing another woman speaking of her son in reference to a Robert that passed in the towers as well so I hope someone can help me:

Thank you!

~Luniara

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017
  2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Welcome Luniara,

A&E has done some interesting documentaries on spirituality and reincarnation. I think considering the scope of your case, the person to talk to is Carol Bowman. I'm going to suggest she read your post and if you would like - you can contact her for advise. She has worked with many TV stations and radio stations over the years.

May I ask what was the name of the other forum? Was it a private place or open to the public?

I would also HIGHLY suggest you read Carol's book Return from Heaven. There is PEACE and JOY when finding a loved one and there are many many cases of children who remember past lives.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in any way.

3. Luniara

Luniara Registered

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm not really sure if I'm particularly willing to go all the way with reading about past lives and all that. I mean...I've had comfort feeling like my sister is in heaven, watching over me and watching me grow as an adult (I was 15). It would feel... terrible not knowing she is no longer there.

I'm just worried this is someone using my sisters name for profit or 15 minutes of fame on TV. Say if this girl speaks of memories no one else would know...I'd probably consider it.

As you can see, I'm emotional and skeptical so I can avoid getting hurt. I've been hurt enough and this is turning out to be..quite something. If this Carol could help me, I'd be all for hearing her out.

The forum that directed me here was "the force is within you" and the woman from A&E who has approached me is "Diana Basmajian".

4. Deborah

5. Luniara

Luniara Registered

I'm reading about her now actually. Forgive me, I hope you understand my fear/skepticism regarding this type of situation. People approach the 9/11 families often with bogus claims or.. anything off the wall sometimes. It's terrible.

6. Deborah

I understand completely. It is better to be cautious than over accepting. Carol worked with Ian Stevenson who documented thousands of cases.

7. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I am sorry for your loss. It must be quite a shock, getting a call like that, out of the blue. I want to assure you, whether this little girl is your sister or not, you will meet her again. It is also my belief that, even as she is getting used to her new body and new life, if that is even the case, she is still able to check in on you, especially while you both dream.

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Hi Luniara, and welcome to the Forum.

Most of us are able to casually explore the issue of Reincarnation at our own speed and comfort level—that is, until faced with the issue (or, opportunity) so forcibly as you are now. Then, we suddenly find that we are overwhelmed with questions that we could not have anticipated. Now is the time for you to face these questions with the utmost energy, so that you can quiet your fears and discomfort. Fear, after all, is only caused by a lack of understanding; and you are fortunate to have the resources of this Forum at your disposal. However, finding the answers will not be so easy that they will be found for you, because you must do some of the hard work.

For example, your concern about whether your beloved sister is watching over you—versus discovering that she may be in the body of a little girl who is a stranger to you—can be reckoned with only by keeping a very open mind and learning to understand that one's spirit can be both places at the same time. But learning this and understanding how it works may require much more than hearing it from someone you don't know. It takes a lot of reading—not only concerning the subject of Reincarnation, but Parapsychology, Religion, History, Philosophy and even Quantum Science as well.

However, Carol's books are a wonderful, entertaining and inspiring way to start. Consider this new circumstance as the beginning of a new life for yourself, and grab hold of it with all your might. Consider this Forum as not only a repository of resources, but also as a community of friends, who are ready and willing to help you and to support your interest.

9. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

{{Luniara}}

As I sit here typing my eyes fill with tears for you, I can only imagine how you are feeling. I have been working with Robert's mother to help him with his memories and I quickly picked up that she is seeking to help her child, certainly not to hurt anyone. The most telling thing for me was when he finally saw his Robert's name and that the information matched is that he walked away in tears saying, "I told you."

My oldest daughter has many memories of other lives that I have spent many hours researching only to find out the clues she has given me match what is in historical records. For instance, there is one life where she talks of where she lived and how many steps she would take to get to her grandmother's, the train her mom took to work as a nurse, even that her dad came home with blood on his clothing. Research showed he was a butcher. It was all information I did not know until I did the research.

There was another life in which we were prostitutes. Our pimp Jimmy lived in a huge house that is now a local non profit. When I spoke to the head of this non profit I found the building was originally a home of a man named James. When I talked about what my daughter had said she laughed and said that the upstairs was configured in a very weird way, that it had many rooms with sinks and doorbells and they just could not figure out why.

What I am trying to say is that it indeed could be true, and that I would take the information given to me and do my own research, taking what the child has said and speaking to your relatives without letting them know why you are asking.

If it all rings true you may have been given an amazing gift, the gift of getting to know the soul that is your sister all over again, and to help her grow into an amazing woman with your love and friendship.

There are many who watch over us from Heaven, Luniara. Not just your sister but those who loved you that have gone ahead of you. I can assure you they are watching over these events as well.

I, too, agree that you should speak to Carol Bowman. She has helped others and does so in a great way. I know it must be hard because there are people that will take advantage over the 9/11 tragedy but I can assure you Carol is not one of them. She is here to help.

Also, if you would like to communicate with my daughter to see what it is like to be the one remembering PM me and I will give you her contact information.

When I am about to embark on anything that is scary or hard I ask God to help me. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Sometimes what scares us most is what gives us the greatest joy.

Here you are surrounded by many people of different faiths, nationalities and backgrounds. You will find a wealth of information and years of experiences to help you. All you have to do is reach out and ask.

Welcome to the forum.

Becky

10. Carol

Carol Author

Luniara,

Thank you for sharing your story and concerns with us in this delicate family matter regarding your sister’s death.

First, I want to assure you that it is not uncommon for children under the age of five to have past life memories. Some are vague, and some are extremely vivid and emotional for the child, especially if they are remembering a traumatic death. I have written extensively about these memories and how they work, and you could read them, but it’s not absolutely necessary at this point. But it might help for you to know I am speaking based on twenty-five years of experience in this field, looking at literally hundreds of these cases, and counseling hundreds of parents who need help in coming to grips with children’s past life memories.

You are right to be skeptical and to ask pointed questions before agreeing to do anything with the family or a TV producer. Ask specific questions about the child’s memories: how they came up, what specific details the child remembers, and the emotional state of the child. Is this child disturbed by this memory? How did they arrive at identifying the child as your sister? Did they encourage this, or lead the child in this direction? Did the child remember specific names, places, and other details without prompting from the adults? Does this psychologist have experience with children’s past life memories? Are they helping the child process the memory? These are important questions to ask. I would also want to know if the psychologist has prior experience working with children’s past life memories. This could be tricky territory if they are not familiar with it.

And, what is their intention in contacting you, besides verifying this child’s memories?

You need more information before you can make any decisions.

I understand your reluctance to engage with them, since it could be very upsetting for you and your family, especially if you find comfort in knowing that your sister is in spirit and watching over you. I would like to add something for you to consider: When I was writing my second book about reincarnation in the same family, people I encountered didn’t want to believe that a family member could reincarnate quickly. They, like you, wanted to feel their loved one’s presence from the spirit world, and they looked forward to meeting that soul again when they died and passed into spirit. I understood their resistance, since they had never encountered a reincarnation case with a child first-hand. When I talked to some very well known mediums, including James Van Praagh, he and others confirmed to me that there is always a part of our soul in the spirit world—in another dimension—even when we reincarnate. So even if your sister has reincarnated as this child, there is part of her that is still in spirit. I don’t know if that is comforting, or not. It’s just what has been confirmed to me through people who have an unusual gift of seeing these things beyond normal perceptions.

You have to ask yourself how you and your family would feel if the evidence convinced you that your sister has been reborn. As you are already wondering: what would be the benefit to you and your family? Would it upset you and your family, especially if you went public with this story? Would it be a comfort to know that she has been reborn? Consider this carefully.

Also, I would ask the psychologist or whomever you’re in touch with, how meeting you and your family would affect the child. It may or may not be a good thing for this two-year-old. It’s hard to say from the limited information you have provided, or they have provided to you. I have found that it’s most important to help the child process the trauma, if they are still troubled by it. The child meeting a former family is another matter entirely.

On the other hand, if this were a true case of reincarnation, and you did go public, it could be a good thing, a great benefit to others. Perhaps other families who have lost loved ones would be comforted to know that life does not end at death. Cases like this are extremely powerful because they are so credible, coming from very young children who are not conditioned by any belief systems or religion. They’re speaking from direct experience, from their feelings, from their hearts.

Please feel free to process this with us on the Forum. This is strictly confidential, since we don’t know your identity. Keep us up to date, and ask any questions you want. That’s what the Forum is here for.

If you would prefer to email me privately, I would be happy to help you evaluate the information they are giving you about the child’s memory and help you navigate this new, highly emotional territory, which could have big implications for you, your family, this child, and many others, if you decide to go public.

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Luniara, welcome to the forum, and thanks for bringing this here. I'm very sorry to hear about your Sister, and I can understand how unsettling this latest revelation must be for you when it shakes your entire belief system to the core.

I can only echo what others have already advised you to do. Approach all of this with an open mind. Don't let anybody sway you one way or the other. Go with your gut feeling and see where this journey takes you. You may just be about to make the most important discovery of your entire life.

Read as much as you can. There's a wealth of information here in the forum, as well as members who are happy to help and answer any of your questions. And please keep us up to date. Your case is fairly unique here, and I'm sure everybody else is as keen as I am to watch and see how this story unfolds.

I've taken the liberty of seperating your posts from the other thread. I think both yours and thecynicalone's posts are significant enough to warrant a thread on their own, I hope you don't mind. I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop, and whatever happens, I hope this experience brings some comfort to you with your loss. hug2.gif

Chris

12. pixarfan

pixarfan Member

This must be quite a difficult situation, and I feel for you tremendously. I didn't use to believe in reincarnation, but the more I read about it, the more it sort of blew my mind. Much of it was hard to swallow at first, but then I read cases like James Leininger's (as a two-year-old, he had memories of being a WWII fighter pilot named James Huston. After much skepticism and deliberation on his father's part, they got in touch with Huston's surviving sister, whom young James asked about a painting that only the elder James and his family knew about).

If it's any comfort to you (and I hope it is), as others have said, your sister is still watching over you, whether she's reincarnated as this little girl or not. A simple way of putting it is that the "higher self" always stays in heaven; the "lower self" reincarnates in order to learn new lessons, according to what Michael Newton found in "Journey of Souls." And you will meet her again. I know you loved her very much, and still do.

13. pixarfan

pixarfan Member

Also, here is another thread where a woman describes her little boy having memories of being a firefighter on 9/11, where he describes his family, his coworkers, his home, and detailed descriptions of firefighting skills that he "just knew" that were verified by other firefighters. I haven't read through this entire thread in a long time, but I believe baby_rn (his mother) was able to pinpoint the man he was, but I think they chose not to tell his family so as not to freak them out. How do you tell a family something like that?

If I were a kid having these memories, personally, I'd want to be "reunited" with my former family, even if it was just to let them know, just once, that I was okay. I'd hope they wouldn't shun me. Often, kids have no problem with the subject of reincarnation- they're very matter-of-fact about it. It's their parents who are freaked out by the concept. (Understandably so).

14. Curtis

Curtis Registered

I don't post here often, but this struck a cord.
    What I am about to say is strictly my view or opinion, but might be something worth considering.

I don't see this as an "either/or" situation. It is not a matter of whether someone is here (what we consider reality) or over there (where ever we are when we are no longer here). If one considers that we might be spiritual beings having a 3 dimensional experience in what we consider reality, then we are all both here and there at the same time (the physical realm and the spiritual realm).

So I consider the spirits of my deceased parents can be over there watching over me while also at the same time being back here and taking yet another ride in reality. The same is true of me.

I think we tend to take a much too simplistic view of how this all works. We get so immersed in this theme park simulator ride that we start thinking that this is all there is.

15. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Hi Luniara, weclome to the forum.

I understand that reincarnation can seem like a frightening possibility when you've lost some one in terms of not seeing them again. It's rather common for people to think this, but one thing I believe strongly is that, even when some one has reincarnated, a part of them always remains in the spirit world, the same a part of us being in the spirit world right now even though we are here in earth.

Although your sister may have started a new life, she will always be with you and looking out for you. I really hope that the possibility of your sister reincarnating doesn't take what comfort you have away. You and your sister will always be together, at all times, no matter what.

I understand. But I really do hope you eventually give it a go because it will without a doubt give you great comfort in what you're going through.

16. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

I would highly recommend Carol Bowman's books. They are an an easy read and very hard to put down once you start.

17. thecynicalone

thecynicalone Registered

Welcome Luniara,

I posted one of the cases of my child having very very vivid and detailed memories of his life in NY and dying in the towers. I personally would NEVER approach the family and would allow them to grieve and believe what comforts them personally. One thing my child has said to us repeatedly is that he had a choice to come back or stay in what he calls,"spirit world". He chose to come back for one reason or another. Perhaps unfinished business. But he also remembers living through the great storm of 1928 in Florida. Looked it up, it happened. It shakes your belief system to the core, I know. My mother is Christian and it took her years of listening and trying to ignore him to really start to question,"what do we really know about life and death?" I can tell you that there is just no way for him to have known these details and thanks to others here I was able to find the exact name that he has always claimed to be. He even had it down to the middle initial but before help on this forum I could never find this person on the list. I am so sorry for your loss and your family's pain. Please take solace in knowing that whether we end up here or there we never ever die and more and more proof of that is coming to light now more than ever. That knowledge alone is something that has personally brought me comfort recently.

18. thecynicalone

thecynicalone Registered

Curtis, I love this post. I agree. There is so much we don't know. We may be here, there and in between. If past present and future are existing simultaneously, which there is more and more evidence of, then we may be everywhere at once. Thanks for posting this.

19. Deborah

Hi Luniara,

I was wondering if you had any updates for us, and/or what you thought of Carol's books.

20. Deborah

Case 2 for reference.