Has reincarnation ever been used by organizations to feather their nest?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Huckleberry, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Huckleberry

Huckleberry New Member

Hello,
    I grew up as a Catholic and then as a young man converted to LDS. Both of these churches have used there afterlife theology to promote their organizations importance. Catholics say that you must attend church, receive communion, go to confession, in order to prevent or not have any remove mortal sins. LDS tell their people you need to go to the temple, obey your bishop, pay tithing in order to get to the highest place in heaven. Right now I belong to the Association for Research and Enlightenment (started by Edgar Cayce) and as far as I can tell they don't use their afterlife beliefs to feather their nest and I was wondering about other groups who promote reincarnation.

2. briski

briski Senior Registered

Not that i'm aware of, I think China has made reincarnation illegal or something.

ananoske likes this.
  3. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Was never certain as to why but in the first grade I loathed the catholic church and even now I have low opinions of it, most of the current denominations are nothing more than cults in a way that idols are made of people and doctrines as idols of old in high places but there being no real life in them. The mainstream is just dust and dry bones then some of the fringe are traps in their own right but the good ones are hardly ever noticed and tend to be poor but otherwise they are closer to the truth than most. As for using reincarnation to further the ends of profit and control the mainstream churches are not there yet but truth be told it was mostly stripped out of the bible by the catholic church back in 325 as it was common in the church up to that time.

Carloloner likes this.
  4. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

China did this to get rid of the Dali Lama. When the Dali lama dies he Reincarnates. If you come forward as the reincarnated Dali lama you have just broken the law

briski likes this.