Have we been here before? - Past Lives TV Show UK – Year 2005 – 19 Episodes - YouTube

Discussion in 'Video Discussion Area' started by ArnoldVinette, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing the links Arnold. I remember watching a few of these episodes on tv a few years ago. As the forum video archivist, I've always kept an eye open on YouTube in the hope that someone would one day post this interesting series. I like the way they follow up the regressions with research to validate the memories. I also wonder what ratio the successful regressions were with the unsuccessful ones, I doubt if the producers had a 100% success rate.

2. ArnoldVinette

ArnoldVinette Arnold Vinette

I love finding treasures like this to share

Always glad when I can make a useful contribution!

It is fun to discover this aspect of life as you get older.

My reward for having made it through my life lessons to date. :) )

Arnie

3. goplacidly

goplacidly New Member

Wow Arnold that was a lot of work, and you have found some that I havent seen!!! I love this show, thankyou so much. I think there was an old one about a WW1 soldier which was very acurate, cant remember which TV personality it was though.

Thanks again, Ive got my nights viewing all sorted now !! :thumbsup:

4. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

Thank you for posting the links. I enjoyed them, especially the one on the Irish Potato Famine, a tragedy I have been researching these past few days.

5. firebird

firebird Registered User

Have I Been Here Before? - Jonathan Coleman - Part 3 of 3

Thanks again for taking the time to share these links. I'll have to find some time to watch the other episodes.

6. firebird

firebird Registered User

Have I Been Here Before? - Alison Lapper, artist

Alison was born with the congenital disorder phocomelia. Was institutionalised in her childhood and remains distant from her relatives today. Suffers from physical pain all the time.

Regression - name is Helen. Lived in a sparse, cold (always cold), round, mud hut with her mother in medieval England. They slept on the straw lined floor. She worked on the land performing hard, manual labour in the field, including feeding the pigs and chickens. The land was not owned by them.

Her father had a debt he didn’t pay so she, the only abled/fit daughter, at the age of 17, was stolen by George (an Earl?) and taken to his castle, until her father found the money. She was kept as a prisoner/slave in a cold, damp dungeon and forced to work in the kitchen. Eventually she was released from the castle and returned to the village. There she met a woodsman with whom she spent her life with (possibly as his concubine). She has 2 children (twins). Work involved handling apples from the orchard (likely used for cider making). The life was very difficult but fulfilling, except she was never really free because the land she lived on was owned by a vain Earl.

After her session she was pain free for 4 hours.

7. firebird

firebird Registered User

Have I Been Here Before? - John Barrowman, actor

Regression: he is a clown in a circus in Bucharest. He is wearing a big red and white striped, parachute type outfit with ruffles, has big red feet, a really white face, and a pointed hat with a big red bauble on the top. Name is Oliver Nostravich. Aged 19. The year is 1817. His family are circus people. His father and mother are trapeze artists, and he thinks it’s funny that he is a clown. He muses about the fact that his family are trapeze artists and that, if anything happens, he is the one that has to make the crowd laugh. They perform without a net. He feels really strange about this. They are gypsies and live in a colourful gypsy wagon they have painted themselves.

Fast forward a number of years - he is watching his father and brother who are trapeze artists. They are performing a trick. His father is the base. His brother falls to the ground and is injured. Oliver is surrounded by people. He is supposed to make the crowd laugh. He has to go over to his brother, but someone is pulling him ..... it’s making him really angry. He’s told he is supposed to make the people laugh. He tells them he can’t make them laugh .... he has to go and help his brother. His brother is being carried out of the tent, the audience are being moved back to their seats and he is being taken out of the tent.

Age 25/26, the family is just wandering. His father is worried. They are not in the circus anymore – there is still a circus but they’re not in it. They scrounge and beg because there is no money.

Fast forward .... his brother is dead and he is looking after his parents. They are still in the wagon. He is a thief – he steals things like food. He knows it’s wrong but they have to have it. He quite likes stealing – it’s exciting.

Fast forward .... he is in gaol. He stole from a woman. He tried to steal her bag that had lots of money in it – the money was blue, with a picture of an old man with a pointy beard/goatee on them. The man’s name was Rach.... Rachmanin.... no. (He doesn’t know .... he can’t pronounce it). The people from the village (Bucharest), who came to get him, burned his wagon. The year is 1860.

Historical research shows the trapeze act was developed in 1859 in France by Jules Leotard. (John gave the year as 1817).

Bucharest in 1817 was a city that had seemed to have come under Russian control. In 1812 and 1815 the Russians issued 5 ruble bank notes that were big and blue and could have been in circulation in Bucharest.

Comment: Could John's surname 'Barrowman' be a reference to a past life as a clown? Was he the barrow man? Don't clowns sometimes perform with wheelbarrows?

8. firebird

firebird Registered User

Have I Been Here Before? - Coleen Nolan