• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Have you ever seen a ghost?

On being a SLIder

These are great stories, and I'm eagerly anticipating a study I've been asked to take part in at the Rhine Center in Durham, NC on SLIders. I first became aware of my impact on street lights as a teenager, when I was first able to drive on my own. It was more than a decade later, and after numerous perplexing misadventures with objects of the electronic kind that I first made the connection between these things and my mental/emotional state. If I'm REALLY upset or stressed out, I can do serious damage to my computer, media players, my car's electrical system, and cause all the light bulbs in my house to explode in short order. I've never had a watch that would work for more than a few weeks. And I used to erase data from floppy disks just by holding them in my hand (bosses just LOVED that). It wasn't until I did a Google search one day that I discovered there were others like me, and I wasn't a total freak, or imagining things. Thank God for the Internet! As far as I know, only one serious book has even been written on the topic of SLIders, by Hilary Evans. At any rate, I've always been curious as to whether or not this excess energy of mine is what's caused spirits to seem attracted to me, and why my encounters have been mostly of the poltergeist variety. For the past few years, I've taken a sedative medication daily to keep me chilled out, and to prevent this pesky trait of mine from wrecking my work and personal life. But family and close friends aware of the trait still forbid me to touch any of their electronic devices. I'll be going off the sedative for the study, and I'm very curious to see what happens.

igotplans2 said:
I've always been curious as to whether or not this excess energy of mine is what's caused spirits to seem attracted to me, and why my encounters have been mostly of the poltergeist variety.
I'm guessing that you are well-read and may already have seen Michael Talbot's book, "Holographic Universe", which makes a good case for how the holographic concept may apply to poltergeist activity and psychic experiences among other things. It seems plausible that your level of resonance is conducive to reading the holographic imprint left by highly emotional incidents from the past. And you, in turn, may be more accessible to entities which resonate from the "other side". I find your condition to be very enviable in spite of the obvious drawbacks of working with electronic devices.

SLIding

Nightrain, I sure wish this trait seemed like more of a gift but, I've not yet discovered a good use for it. I've been trying to find a good person within traveling distance to work with me on learning to control and channel the energy, because I keep thinking it has to be good for something beneficial to society at large, not just a nuisance. It literally cost me a job I really liked. I caused one too many computer crashes, and they got tired of having to get a guy in on a ladder to replace the track lighting on the office's vaulted ceiling several times a month. I just couldn't deal with wearing the hot Playtex rubber gloves they wanted me to wear while I worked.

I can't remember when I last had the pleasure of music in my car, because I've always shorted out the radios, cassette, and CD players. Anything hand held, I don't even consider putting money into. Not to be giving TMI, but the only time I've enjoyed this trait is when I realized I had the ability to give someone intense pleasure by doing nothing more than holding my hand a few inches from their body and focus on projecting the energy. Of course, their reaction to their own loss of control and the realization that I was no longer making actual body contact was, "What are you DOING to me?!" And they weren't quite sure they liked or appreciated such a weird experience. It was completely unplanned and unintentional on my part, but I have to admit that the discovery and sense of power it created was a bit heady ;)

Just an update, Modesto Paranormal Investigations came out and did the interview, then they went through looking for EVP. It took awhile, but our ghost finally obliged with a thump, a light shutting off, and a door closing. It also dropped the room temperature and gave us some weird noises. Over all it was a weird evening.

They're coming back in two weeks for an all-nighter. They were pretty psyched!

To Shiftkitty:

It sounds like the spirits are ready to oblige you with a spectacular demonstration of what they can do.

It would be quite something if they were able to manifest an apparition (either Full or Partial) during the investigation.

Perhaps they can draw power from the numerous batteries in use that day, in addition to, perhaps, the energy from like minded individuals in the vicinity who believe in spirits.

Best of luck with the investigation!

I used to frequently deal with what some would call 'poltergeist-like' effects, but that was only because of my own energy being unsettled and ungrounded.

The most notable was when I was sitting at a computer with a small touch-lamp near by on the computer desk. This lamp flickered on for a brief second and then went off. I didn't touch it at all.

Another was when, in one day, I blew out three light bulbs. Needless to say that didn't make me very happy.

But since I have gotten more grounded and integrated in the body - this stuff doesn't happen anymore unless I'm extremely upset.

I don't know all the details of what it involves but I am inclined to believe that it deals with highly charged energy that needs to be discharged or grounded and integrated.

The first time I came across this connection was when I was reading a book about crystals (as I use them for healing) - it was called 'The Book of Stones'. The excerpt was in the passage on the Smokey Quartz crystal - http://www.metaguides.net/smokeyquartz.jpg

If you go to the part by Naisha - she mentions about one's energy circuit. That's what helped me to understand all this - that I needed to get my energy grounded and integrated better. So far so good... :)

Last night the toaster slid across the counter and a missing measuring cup suddenly appeared rattling in the sink. Can't wait for Friday!

I have to confess I've never heard about the Haunted Dog Bridge in Milton but I'm intrigued. I'm now living not so far away from Clydebank and I'll make some enquiries.
NetRaider...Many thanks for your reply. If you do decide to pay a visit to the bridge (but don't bring any dogs with you, please. ;) ), I'd love to know what your thoughts are about this phenomenon. :thumbsup:

I have one more to share. This happened while we were living in a small flat before we bought our house. The area where our flat is located had been bombed during the Clydebank Blitz of 1941, when the Germans nearly decimated the town of Clydebank during a non-stop air-raid which lasted for 2 days and nights. Hundreds died during that time.

Anyway, one night, I was home alone because my husband had gone out for the evening with his mates. At just about 2:00 am, I had just turned off the computer and was getting ready for bed when I suddenly felt as if I was being watched. It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I tried to ignore this feeling as I made my way to the bedroom. I had just gotten into bed when the feeling became even stronger. And then I felt the bed on my husband's side sink down, as if someone had just sat or crawled onto the bed. I don't know why but I felt that "they" were children. I didn't see them, just felt them and knew that there were 2 boys and a little girl and it was the little girl who was on the bed. They weren't threatening, just cheeky, as little children usually are but at this point, I was really frightened. I kept my eyes closed and the covers pulled up over my head and just kept whispering, "please go away, just go away." Eventually, I believe that they left because the uneasy feeling disappeared and once I calmed down, I was able to fall asleep.

There were a few times after that when I felt I was being watched but it wasn't as intense or frightening as the first time and I wasn't bothered by whatever was there. I guess I just accepted it and learned to live with it.

be nice newbie here!!! LOL

I have had a number of experiences in my life -not so much visual - but still -something

my first experience was when i was 16

my granpa passed away when i was 16 and he & I were close when i was little -from like ages 3-8 before they (granparents) moved to Florida

anyway he passed away when i was 16 and we were too poor to go to the funeral (flight to FL from NYC) so my dad went alone

i had a visit shortly after he left this world - i know it was him because of a specific odor i experienced - my granpa liked a specific aftershave - which my dad hated - anyway - one day in the bathroom i felt the distinct smell of this specific aftershave and also felt a little "presence"

at that time although i didnt understand or believe in those things - I knew it was him saying his fair well to me

my last exp was last year - right after my Mom passed away - at her apartment - one night i fell asleep early - and slept for about 3-4 hours - woke up around 1AM and couldnt go back to sleep - and also wasnt allowed to go back to sleep - i felt a presence and couldnt shake it - it was kinda creepy but i didnt feel threatened - it was more like my parents wanted me to know they were there and i felt "something" but couldnt decipher anything specific except a creepy kinda feeling - i kinda knew it was them but in the dark and nothing specific - it just felt odd - lasted all night till about 5AM when i fell asleep on the couch

anyway - just thought I'd share alittle

I've had several experiences I guess you would call "paranormal", and they were rather frightening experiences.

The one that gives me the chills the most occured while I was waking up from a dream. I don't remember what I was dreaming about, but I remember towards the end of my dream I saw a tall, cloaked figure (in truth, it resembled a Dementor from Harry Potter) opening my bedroom door and walking into my room. I woke from the dream almost instantaneously to see.....Exactly that. Only, my door wasn't closed. I flipped on the bedroom light and *poof* gone. I didn't sleep well the rest of the night.

The thing that creeps me the most about it is the fact that my dad had an incident like that, when he was in highshool. About two or three months after the above incident, he told me about his experience. He slept in the basement of his parents house when he was in his teens. So, in his story, he said he was just falling asleep, and it was that strange "in-between" from consciousness and sleep. He said he got this image of something large standing at the foot of his bed drooling on his bed, and he said it had monstrous teeth. Well about this point, in the image, the basement window blew open and he woke up. He turned on the light and examined the foot of his bed, where a puddle had formed. The window was closed and everything was nice and dandy, but that. He said he remembered telling his girlfriend at the time about the incident. She was Catholic, and apparently she freaked when he told her and ordered him not to speak of it again.

I've had several other incidents where a black or white "shadow" will jump off the stairs, furniture, or fall off the ceiling at me, and it scares me to death. The one time, I swear I about had a heart-attack.

I've always felt very hostile towards the woods across the street from our house. I have no reason to, but I'm not one to doubt my senses. When I was younger, I could "sense" the energy in every living thing and I had a sort of awareness no one else had. I still have it, but I've lost virtually all contact with it. It's only noticable when something bad is about to happen.

There have been several incidents where I saw "something" watching me from across the street, and my senses told me it was hostile and "evil" I guess :freak:

I had 2 ghost investigators over at my home last night. My husband was out with his mates so was not at home. It was quite an experience.

To start, I live in an old 1930's 2 story house with a large loft/attic. We bought the house about 1.5 year ago and are in the process of renovating it since it had been severely neglected and is in pretty bad shape. From the time we moved in, I've always felt that I'm being watched - the hairs would often stand up the back of my neck. Also, I never liked going into the rooms upstairs because there is something about those rooms that makes me feel very uncomfortable.

What the investigators got:

1 orb seen in what is to be the master bedroom, which is also, for some reason, the coldest room in the house. Also, a shadow that flew and hid behind the door to that room.

When I asked the investigators, "So, are you ready to go upstairs?" A very faint woman's voice was heard, "Love to."

When I asked out loud, "Who has been playing around with my mobile/cell phone? If you have anything to say, now is the time to do it." A very faint male voice was heard, "No."

But the thing that scared me the most: The investigation finished and we were sitting downstairs at the dining table, drinking coffee when a suggestion was made to place the EVP recording up in the loft/attic. So, the man went back upstairs to do that. He left it there in the loft for about 10-15 minutes before going back to retrieve it. When he brought the voice recorder to the table and replayed it, we could hear him climbing up the aluminium ladder (which makes a lot of noise), clmbing back down, then walking down the stairs and telling us that he would leave it there for a short while. Seconds after we heard his voice talking to us, the sound of someone very quickly climbing up that ladder was heard very clearly, yet none of us heard anything from where we were sitting downstairs. :eek:

Also, the energy in the master bedroom and in the loft/attic was so intense that it pretty much wiped out the batteries in their equipment.

After the investigators left, I took a very quick shower and left the lights on when I went to bed.

Based on what you reported here, there is an excellent chance that you have some entities present in that house.

There may, in fact be several unrelated entities, each with their own separate agendas, for instance, one may be a “watchman” who watches over the old house, one may be lonely and wants company, if there are any “childlike” entities present, they may be souls that expired as children, and so forth.

I read and re-read your account and did not find any reference to animals or small children, as they both are generally very sensitive to the presence of such entities and a child (if old enough) may in fact establish a conversation with these entities.

By all means, if you haven’t done so already, is to consider purchasing some “sage” and while it is safely smoldering, go from room to room with it, swinging it safely, and saying a prayer of protection in each room, also consider inviting a priest to visit the house to anoint and bless each room.

Please let us know, if you have the time, any future developments on this interesting house.

On Thanksgiving weekend, Don and I visited his family who live about five hours from us. Before going up, we knew that Don's sister-in-law's father ("H") had passed away a month earlier. Don and I were saddened by this, because we always enjoyed his company when we visited.

When we arrived for our Thanksgiving gathering, I felt nothing but peace and love in the house. In fact, we learned that H had spend his last hours of life in the house where his daughters and son-in-law tended to him. When Don's sister-in-law shared photographs, and when we had Thanksgiving dinner, I was sure I could feel H's presence, as he always enjoyed these functions.

The night after Thanksgiving, I was awaken from a sleep. I felt a presence in the room. I turned my head to see a ball of beautiful light in the room lingering toward the foot of the bed. As soon as I looked it seemed to close, or to quickly shrink again, like it was a portal. I found myself smiling, because I was sure it was H.

I told Don about it the next morning. He's had plenty of paranormal experiences, so I can count on him to believe me and support me. We decided not to tell the family about it, because we did not know if they were open or not. It was a validating experience for me.

About four months ago, we were staying in a hotel known for being haunted. The first few days I felt no presence. However, I awoke up at about 2 a.m. our last night there, and am sure there was a presence in the room. The man clearly was not there to hurt me or Don, so I just went back to sleep.

Based on what you reported here, there is an excellent chance that you have some entities present in that house.
There may, in fact be several unrelated entities, each with their own separate agendas, for instance, one may be a “watchman” who watches over the old house, one may be lonely and wants company, if there are any “childlike” entities present, they may be souls that expired as children, and so forth.

I read and re-read your account and did not find any reference to animals or small children, as they both are generally very sensitive to the presence of such entities and a child (if old enough) may in fact establish a conversation with these entities.

By all means, if you haven’t done so already, is to consider purchasing some “sage” and while it is safely smoldering, go from room to room with it, swinging it safely, and saying a prayer of protection in each room, also consider inviting a priest to visit the house to anoint and bless each room.

Please let us know, if you have the time, any future developments on this interesting house.
Hello Hydrolad...Thanks very much for your reply. ;)

We don't have any children or pets but since I'm an empath, I can feel/sense when there's something around. That's why I invited the couple over to investigate. The thing is - when we first moved into our home and I sensed something watching me, I started referring to it as "The Granny". So, I guess my intuition might be right.

I now know that there are at least 3 spirits in the house - 2 are most definitely a male and a female. We were discussing the shadow that ran behind the door and I said, "That's something a child would do - like playing hide and seek." So I think there may also be a wee child here.

After they left, I burned some sage and went around the house with it while saying a prayer but I stopped short of going upstairs because I was still too unnerved by the whole loft incident (if I hadn't needed to take a shower, I would have completely avoided going upstairs but that was something I couldn't put off). However, I don't feel these spirits are a threat - from what I now know, they sound curious, even a little bit cheeky so for now, I don't feel I need to call a priest.

The investigators said that they would get back to me as soon as they wrap up their findings so I'm really looking forward to hearing from them again. When they do contact me, I will most definitely invite them over for a more longer and thorough investigation as they were a bit short on time on Saturday (the woman had to work the next day so they couldn't stay too long). I will ask the man if he would mind actually going into the loft and sitting in there instead of just poking his head through the hatch. I think there would be some very interesting results from that. If there are any further developments, I'll most definitely be posting it here. :thumbsup:

To Midnight.Sapphires.

Thank you for your reply, Midnight.Sapphires.

You sound like you have the situation well in hand. :thumbsup:

Were you ever able to establish any history on the house, such as previous owners.

I wonder to myself, if anybody died in this old house and how?

IMHO the incident with the drained batteries of the team is the most compelling evidence to me of a spirit visitation.

Good luck with your investigation.

Hello Hydrolad...

I know only a little about the most recent history of the house. We were told by the previous owner and also by a neighbor that in the 1970's, there had been a huge fire which started in the loft and damaged the 2nd bedroom just below it and the master bedroom. (The scorch marks are still evident on the walls and the beams in the loft are blackened).

However, they never mentioned about anyone killed in the fire. Makes me wonder, though, since most of the paranormal activities seemed to be in the loft and the master bedroom. Perhaps they didn't want to mention if there were any deaths from that fire?

Two things I plan on doing: Go to the library to find out how I can research the history of this house, and maybe after the holiday season is over, search for a Medium who might be able to communicate with these spirits.

Will keep updating. Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Ghosts exist

I have been a member of this board for almost a year now. A year ago, i was like most people and curious about these topics. That is one of the reasons why i help start a paranormal research group named mia paranormal. We hace collected alot of evidence of ghosts. You can hear real ghosts in the video section at our site. These are marked as Evp videos. See www.miaparanormal.com. By the way Merry Christmas 2011.

Shiftkitty

Have you heard back from "Modesto Paranormal Investigations" I would like to hear what they came up with. Give us an update or any other happenings.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Yes, we did hear back. We've got about six ghosts, including one cat (or cat-like being), a polite older Victorian lady, a gentleman from the 1600s or so, a teen or young man, a young lady, and one I call Big Voice, an older dominant man. None of them are tied to the place. They are attracted, seemingly, by us. We have EVP recordings, and some of them are frighteningly clear! We were in the house for the whole investigation and can attest that the recordings were not tampered with. Being tech-heads, we were not at all confused by the meters and stuff they brought in. We understood how it all worked. (They were glad of that, because some people get intimidated by the array of strange-looking devices.)

Anyway, no sooner did the first investigator walk through the door when the activity started. They had done some EVP recordings out front, and her meter was still on as she walked through the front door. My husband and I were right there and can be heard clearly in the recording welcoming the crew. When we played back the recording, a voice can clearly be heard as she walks in saying "Let's catch her."

That voice is clear but quiet. However, her cell phone went off. One of the guys, Matt, was having trouble finding the place. As the recording continues, you hear her say "Hi, Matt," followed by an incredibly loud and angry voice demanding to know "Who's Matt?". It's terrifyingly loud on the recording, though at the time we heard nothing but the conversation on this end of the phone. Seconds later is the same Big Voice saying "Who are you?"

Other recordings (and we're still going through them ourselves) include our 1600s English gentleman saying "It's merry to greet you...", the Victorian lady saying "I can hear you fine, dear..." (in response to a question asked by one of the investigators, "Can you hear us?"), the young lady saying in a fearful whisper "They might take our garage..." and the young man, whom we believe is named Ted, getting a bit foul and raunchy, but in a funny way, especially when he called one of the investigators by name and said "Show me your *****...".

From other recordings we've gathered that they mean us no harm, and that the incident that led to our calling MPI was an outburst of frustration, a desperate summoning of energy to make sure we knew that they are here.

During one part of the session, part of the crew was in the front room and asked for a sign, some kind of evidence. At that moment I felt a finger poke me in the shoulder. I had been sitting still and had been feeling muscle spasms in my legs. I compared the two feelings, and it was not a muscle spasm. During this same session, the back of my husband's chair got hit. During this, we knew where all of the investigators were. They were very professional about making sure nobody felt like any shenanigans were going on.

(continued)

There are some odd points on the recordings that have us wondering what was recorded. In one, two of the guys are musing about what kind of spirits are in the house and you can hear two voices, male and female, in perfect unison say "It's like a jigsaw puzzle." In another, one of the female investigators is describing a feeling she got with the Victorian lady that made her feel strongly about romance novels. I mention that I have an 1842 copy of "Jane Eyre". At that point on the recording, Big Voice breaks in and says what sounds like "witchcraft", followed by a smaller voice that almost sounds like it's calling for help. Despite this, nobody reported any feelings of evil or demons. It's more like angry frustration.

The end of the evening was what they call an EVP burst. They set up a digital recorder and a K2 meter in the front room and everybody gets to ask two questions. When we got to the final question, the last person asked "Are you an evil spirit?" We didn't need a recorder for the response! It was audible to everyone in the room. We all looked at each other with wide eyes and open mouths as the room filled with a "No..."!

On the playback for the whole EVP burst, the answers to the questions were comforting. "What do you want?" was answered by "Love..." "Do you like [our names withheld]?" was answered by "They're freakin' great!" (That was Ted, FYI.) "Why are you here?" had the most evocative answer, in my opinion. It was "She's the girl all the spirits love."

I have always felt a kind of protection around me, like I had good friends watching out for me somewhere just beyond my perception. I wonder if that's why?

Anyway, we have decided not to cleanse the house. There seems to be no need. The spirits seem friendly, just desiring acknowledgement and attention. We're hoping to learn more and plan to do some recordings of our own. I'd like to learn some names and maybe learn who these people are. (It doesn't seem right to say 'were' anymore.) We talk to them openly, include them in our holiday toasts, and listen carefully to strange noises, hoping to catch a voice.

Yesterday, in the kitchen, we heard a strange hissing noise, not quite like static, and through it we heard a woman's voice say "Hello!" We paused and then responded. The hissing happened a few times after that, but we didn't hear any words. I finally shrugged and said "We can hear you but we can't hear what you're saying." As if in response, a Christmas ornament popped off the tree. It was on a good, sturdy branch and had been in no danger of sliding, so it must have been whoever was trying to talk to us. (She was also nice enough to make it one of the wooden ones, so it wouldn't break!)

So that's where it stands, we have a gathering of ghosts, they seem to like us, and so far we like them. The good news is that when my husband makes a run up to the store at night, I no longer feel like I'm sitting alone in a house on the bad side of town. I can feel our new friends and housemates with me, and all feels well!

I have no idea what a guy from the 1600s is doing in my house. It wasn't built until 1973, and I don't think anyone from Europe, let alone England, was even in these parts in the 1600s. But he's as welcome as any of the others.

As you said, the ghosts are attached to the people in your house.

I have a little boy attached to me whose most notable life began in 1620. He has made appearances in my the place I live now, in my last home and in my store when it was open.

He is welcomed and loved here, and anywhere I am. :)

As I related in my earlier posts, I grew up in my family home that my Grandfather built for my Grandmother, I think as a wedding present almost exactly a century ago.

Because of my parents financial situation, my Grandmother allowed my parents to live there and to raise their children.

As soon as I became able to comprehend (as a child) I felt very comfortable in that old house and from wandering from room to room, I began to feel that each individual room had it’s own “personality”, both in it’s atmosphere and any disembodied entities that might occupy that room.

Other than that visit at Supper time by my late Great-Grandmother, I never saw any other spirits, but I sure felt their presence in that old house.

The spirits seemed only to interact with us and other related family member, however for the longest time, there were rumors over what might have occurred between the Avon lady and a certain spirit, and as usual, my younger Brother and I never did find out what happened, but we got a new Avon lady shortly afterwards! :eek: :laugh: :rolleyes:

Anybody here ever read "Horton Hears A Who"? You know the part where the Whos are so desperate to be heard that they all chant as loudly as they can "We are here! We are here! We are here!", and then someone takes the little kid to the top of the highest building and he shouts out "YOP!", which is finally heard? Well, I think that's what's going on here. We're getting "yops".

There are a lot of noises in our kitchen that we have gotten quite used to. The fridge, the freezer, the A/C, even the cats' water fountain. Through it all we will hear what sounds like electronic popping, like when you're trying to tune in a radio that uses a dial instead of buttons. It will start quietly, then build up to a normal conversation volume, and in the midst of it all we will hear things like "Hello!", "Hey there!", "Hey!"

We would have dismissed it to wireless interference from our sound system in the living room, except that it happens all over the house, and the sounds' points of origin are mid-air.

They sound friendly, as though our resident ghosts are no longer afraid of us, as we are no longer alarmed by them. We are known friends to each other. So now they have some leisure energy to concentrate on trying to communicate as opposed to clattering things around, thumping on walls, and banging on doors just to get our attention. The voices we hear from mid-air are the same voices we have recorded.

We always respond to these greetings with a "Hi!" or whatever is appropriate. We're going to get our own digital recorders at some point and see if we can catch one of these "yops"!

ShiftKitty,

I am glad to see it has evolved to where no one is fearful. I find that if you ask them a question you could get an answer as a random thought that pops into your head. It is almost as if it is in the front middle of your forehead.

It would be quite interesting if there were a reincarnation connection as well as the physical location connection.

That would be interesting! As yet, we have no idea why this group of spirits attached themselves to us. All we can figure is that we are more receptive.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but "ghost kitty" seems to have a name. One of the recordings was somewhat alarming, as it sounded like "Murder the cat." Further analysis cleared up that the voice was saying "Murther. It's our cat." The cat's name is 'Murther', which is a very old pronunciation of 'Murder', a logical name if a cat is known for being a good mouser or birder, eh?

We had a new piece of strangeness today. We were cleaning up the room that used to be my dad's room but is now a storage room. (Dad didn't die there. He died in Los Gatos, about 100 miles away.) We took a poster off of the closet door and there is a scrawl, somewhat faint but readily noticeable, spelling out what looks like a name. It wasn't there when we put the poster up! We can't read the name yet, because it's really more of a scrawl, but it's something new to study!

Can you post a picture of the name? Perhaps we can help you solve the mystery ...

I do not fear the ghosts in my house at all. It is their house as well.

I used to have a store that had two little ghosts in the attic. I had a bunch of little promo baseball bats they used to play with. It sounded like they were dueling with them or something, and each time we would go upstairs they would be moved. Cleaned up and put away but in a different position than where we left them. When I moved out of the building I left a bunch of toys for them, much to the chagrin of my non believing brother.

I do not feel there was any reincarnation connection to those children. More likely than not they lost their lives in the 1889 Johnstown Flood and chose to stay close to where they died. During the flood 1209 people lost their lives in 14 minutes. That event has caused many issues with older buildings and spaces.

That's awful about the flood, but good call on leaving them some toys. Based on our experiences here, it's apparent that ghosts can and do interact with the physical world and are aware of the passing of time. Our 1600s ghost seems to enjoy science documentaries while Big Voice and Ted prefer action movies (based on 'vibes' we pick up when we're watching these things on the TV).

Good idea about the name. All I have is a cell phone camera (our regular cameras have no film, and we don't have the money to get it developed anyway), so I'll see how good it shows up.

If you take a picture with your cell phone you should be able to send it to your email. On the cheaper phones (like mine) just click send and enter the email address where the phone number would be for a normal text message.

You could try asking them what their name is. Next time they are around ask them who they are and if you can help them in any way. Your next thought should be them.

I would love to hear what they have to say. Sometimes ghosts have a message they want heard and/or delivered, or they just want to hang around and enjoy where they are.

As I have said, I don't try to remove mine. I have moved into their world, not the other way around.

Well, the cell phone picture didn't come out very clear. However, my mind got stuck on "Andrew". As that happened, I felt the presence of another person in the room with me, a boy of somewhere around 10-12. He was frustrated and angry. I asked him what was wrong. I heard in my mind "It wasn't my fault!"

I instantly sympathized with him. I was always the most convenient person to blame in my family. Whether or not I had done anything, all that had to happen was an accusation and I was as good as grounded. How many times I gave up in frustration and just went to my room (which had a stereo, books, puzzles, games, a video game, a TV, tons of handheld electronic games [no internet, this was the 70's], so it was more like a vacation from the family) instead of screaming out my side of the story just to make sure it was heard! I held my arms open as if for a hug and said aloud, "I know it wasn't."

I swear I could feel someone hug me, then the presence and the frustrated feeling left the room. He hasn't been back since. Maybe he finally got what he needed, someone to believe him, and now he could move on?

Back