Having a tough time letting go.

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by alex.marie, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:52 AM.

1. alex.marie

alex.marie Active Member

Morning from NY everyone! I'm so glad to have found this forum :). For years, I've felt there were very few people who understood past lives and when I'd mention I had several they'd look at me like I had 8 heads, sometimes I knew they were judging because of religious reasons... But, the truth is I needed someone to hear me.

Ever since I was little, I would see pictures of Greece and I'd point to it and tell my mom that Greece was my home. She used to laugh me off, think it was strange, but understand because it's beautiful. Kids say strange things, and I don't think at the time she thought I was really intuitive or that I had been recalling anything about a past life. I carried that through my teen years, along with books and a connection to Greek people. I'd meet Greeks and find that I would automatically build a bond and a sense of pride for the culture that I didn't even have. I'm Italian - but I found myself saying the common phrase "One face, one race." regarding Greeks and Italians. When I was about 16, I told my mom I wanted to move to Greece. I felt so pulled, just so sure that it was where I was supposed to be. My mom just stared at me and said "you've never even been there before - how do you know you'd like it?! you don't even speak the language." I just stared at her and said "I'm just Greek. I know I'm supposed to be there - I can't explain it." it was the first time I had ever said it.

Fast forward to my engagement when I was 23, my best friend got me a past life reading. Without any prompting from myself, and a reading in an open space (a yard at a friends house) the woman had told me I was Greek, and living in Greece in the 60's.

The reason I'm telling you this story is because she told me about so many other lives that I've lived.. a Crop Duster in California, and Apothecary in the Middle East, and a few others I can't really remember. But, none of those have ever resonated with me. For some reason, I cannot let go of Greece. I meet Greek people and I get this sense of pride and jealousy - I'm jealous that I'm not Greek in this life. I don't know how to let go of that life and live this life. I keep wanting to go back to Greece and I'm not sure if I'll find this sense of closure that I really need. Has anyone else ever had this feeling of a sort of, I guess, unfinished business?

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yasou! Alex.Marie. Welcome to the forum, we're glad you found us. There are plenty of stories of discovery and wonder here, so enjoy and be sure to ask if you have any questions. You'll find it a pretty safe place to talk about past lives because we all have had them and believe in them. I think you need to go to Greece and satisfy that hunger! A member of my family married a Greek. The wedding in the Greek Orthodox church and celebration afterward was incredible. They are wonderful proud people with such rich and vibrant traditions. There's no reason not to explore them all.

And, yes to the unfinished business! It ranks right up there with the yearnings for home, love, and understanding!

Thanks again for sharing. Blessings! ~Tman

3. alex.marie

alex.marie Active Member

Yasou!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome :) I’ve been reading posts ever since joining and loving every second. This is a wonderful community, I’m excited to continue my journey - this time hand in hand with those who are on a similar path to growth and self understanding.

Tinkerman likes this.
  4. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Alex, Welcome aboard. You will find many enlighten souls here that share the same state of spiritual awareness like yourself. Which in some ways helps one feel not so lonely and isolated from the rest of humanity. Interesting that you mention Greece as I have been told I was once a Greek scholar and teacher in Athens around the time the Roman Empire was at its heights in power. I was a teacher then and in some ways I am a teacher now. I guess for some reason some of our past lives we seems to resonate more then others. I guess in a way on a soul level we have our favorite time period's and personalities that we created where we grew the most from and where we were more happier in living out this realities on earth. However take to heart that the Greece experiences will always be apart of you simply because you have lived that reality in times past and now that state of consciousness is now apart of your soul makeup forever as each lifetime lived is added to the vast experience we have within the soul/causal body which is the eternal part of who you really are as it resonate beyond time, space and matter. For me this lifetime will more than likely be one of my more favorite lifetimes as I have grown leaps and bounds during this present life which will one day be a past life as well. Funny in that time as we understand it is really a illusion from a souls point of view as all reality in the higher dimensions both past, present and future all exist as a singularity all at once. Since soul always exists in the eternal moment of the now. Because of this very fact we already live in eternity.

Peace and love always....

P.

Ophelia3 likes this.
  5. alex.marie

alex.marie Active Member

Polaris8,
    That’s actually something that the woman who had done my reading had said to me. She mentioned that my life in Greece may have stayed with me because 1. It was most recent, but 2. Because in my life right before I had very little food and a very difficult life, but in Greece, I had an abundance of food, beauty, and peace.

I just feel unfinished. Like if I went there, I couldn’t leave because I still belong there in THIS life. Almost like my soul made a mistake choosing to be born in the US this time around. Not sure if that makes sense.

6. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Yes I have it with ancient Egypt. Undoubtedly I have a few PL’s but I can’t remember them and nothing else really resonates with me, but when it comes to ancient Egypt and Mediterranean culture it’s overwhelming- I actually made a post seeking help with overwhelming yearning for a PL place not so long ago- I also mentioned this strange jealously I experience! Almost as if I feel possessive of ancient Egypt. I see it on TV and I immediately get hot flushes and get into the “it’s mine” mentality.

In regards to Greece, I’m fairly certain I must’ve had a PL there too. I’ve visited Greece twice in 2015, it was the most amazing experience, the people, the food, the culture, the landscape, I felt at home, I felt at peace with my sole, like this is where I’m supposed to be, or at least I’m close to where I’m suppose to be. It felt familiar.

I’m currently saving up to return, and I often have to talk myself out of just packing up everything and moving over there, if I hadn’t had my son I think I would be living over there already!

I highly recommend you visit Greece if you hadn’t already? See what comes back to you, and how you feel. :)

7. alex.marie

alex.marie Active Member

That’s exactly the feeling! I actually went to a Greek festival and I cried - I felt so at home, but then I was jarred when I realized I’m not Greek in this life and while I wanted to run up to everyone and be like “I’m one of you!!! We’re all Greek together, OPA!!” I really couldn’t, because in THIS life, I’m not.

I wanna go so badly, just afraid if I go I won’t leave. If I react that way at a festival I can only imagine what I’d do in the actual country lol :(

but, I can’t stress enough how amazing it is hearing how you’re all experiencing similar feelings. It makes me feel like finally someone understands.

8. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Member

Alex,

I kind of know what your going thru. When I went to Hawaii years ago I felt like I was home again. The best way I could describe my experience in Hawaii was it felt like I had arrived at the heart charka of Plant Earth. Everything there was just so incredibly beautiful to the point of it being almost unreal. After my stay was over a few Hawaii's had a farewell party for me with singing and native dancing at the beach with the sunsetting and a bond fire going all I could do was cry I felt so touched and loved. It felt like I belonged there yet I could not place the feeling. It was not until years later when I had a past life reading done that I had discovered that I had lived somewhere in near Polynesian islands during the time when Stonehenge was being built as it was one of my more earlier human lifetimes as I was at a infant soul stage of spiritual development back then.

I remember having dreams of being about 5 or 6 playing in the tide pools and seeing my hands and feet being a more dark brown color. In the dream I belong to a tribe and I had a sense of belonging to a group state of consciousness within that tribe. Everyone knew each other and mother earth provided everything we needed in life on the island. It was a simpler more happier times back then yet I felt more connected to spirit and mother nature as the tribal people believed everything was inner connected to spirit. I did not realize that this dream I had a few times in my life was actually a past life memory filtering through. So in this lifetime when I traveled to Hawaii the singing, dancing and my environment at the time brought back that memory buried deeps in my subconscious to the surface and my conscious mind responded thru my astral body with a emotional responds of overwhelming love. So even though I am not Polynesian anymore in form in this life I am still a part of that state of consciousness from within my soul experience. And that my dear is what truly defines you. You may not be Greek in genetics in this life. However your soul experience is. And that can never be taking away from you ever my dear. Hope this helps some.

Here is a little music video of my experience that helped me remember a more simpler time on my soul journey on this beautiful blue and green world we call home in the cosmos.

Love and Peace always. P.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 8:33 PM
    Ophelia3 likes this.
  9. alex.marie

alex.marie Active Member

I love your outlook on life! And the music was beautiful :) thank you for sharing.

KenJ likes this.
  10. Ophelia3

In all honesty it’s probably worth the risk, a healing journey for your soul to revisit the place it yearns for so much, finish “unfinished business” so to speak. You may even find that it’s changed so much in 60 years you might not feel as connected? Though I feel with places like Greece they really maintain their core culture/tradition.

I think a visit to Greece is definitely on the cards for you in the future in any case! :)

Polaris is spot on that Greek might not be in your genetic DNA, but it’s certainly in your souls makeup.

Ophelia Xx.

11. alex.marie

alex.marie Active Member

I think you’re right - I keep looking at the Groupon vacations (it would be the most economical way for me to go) and it just feels right. I feel so at peace when I think of setting foot there, so the only thing left to do is to go.

12. Ophelia3

100%!! Well worth it, Greece is amazing! Very beautiful place, even in the face of it’s economical environment.