Hearing voices

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Arturo, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Hello, I am discovering meditation and reading a lot about hypnosis and regression and would like to have a clarification about hearing voices.
    When referring to hearing, this means actually hearing the sound or just receiving messages by the way of thoughts that you are aware because the wisdom and the way that they are expressed that are not belong to you?
    Is the telepathic mode of communication that people receive when they are under hypnosis or deep meditation the most common way of communication?
    Are people actually hearing voices? if it is so what are the difference in the way that the message it is received between those people neurological healthy and those that have physiological disorders?

Thank you for your inputs, I appreciate them.

2. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

My communication is telepathic although I have heard the voices a time or two ...

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I think it's mostly thoughts that may sound like a voice.

4. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

This morning about 10am I had an odd experience. I've noticed that when I have certain experiences, they range either between 3am and 5am or 9am and 11am - and for the 9-11am one to happen, I would have had to have woken up shortly before that time from sleeping the whole way through the night, and then resuming sleep at about 9am. (If that makes sense.)

Anyway, I was lingering somewhere between consciousness and subconsciousness and I could hear an ex-friend talking behind me. I knew he was sitting on the bed behind me with his head in his hands. I can't remember what he was saying though ... but he was sad. The voice was too real to just be a dream.

I've heard whispering in my ears before too from malevolent entities.

5. argonne1918

This indicates you have psychic ability. Have you had this ability all of your life? Is your ex-friend deceased?

6. SkyeSpitfire

No, he's very much alive and I consider him a mortal enemy.

I have always had odd experiences from when I was young - I've seen spirits, heard voices, had dreams that happen or were warnings, and of course visited by the entities. I can feel other people's emotions too and distance tends not to be a problem.

7. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I grew up with the ability to communicate with spirits. I could see and hear them vividly, yet - anyone around me at the time would be totally deaf, dumb and blind to the source. My parents quickly looked at it as a 'spiritual experience' but warned me that many other minds would look at it as a form of psychosis. See: Mind, Hearing Voices. There is a movement that started in the Netherlands which is trying to change the perception of some concerning it strictly being a psychological condition and accept a spiritual basis as a proper diagnosis. Hearing Voices Movement.

I was diagnosed with a form of PSTD relating to the physical trauma associated with a very painful heart condition as a child. I was told by my Psychologist at the time that I was using a form of 'self-hypnosis' to combat the issues involved. What they called 'self-hypnosis' - I called 'putting my spirit in charge of the problem.'

My 'spirit' had it's own voice as well as an intelligence outside the normal range of my own human mind of understanding. My 'soul' had it's own voice and intelligence outside the range of either myself or my spirit.

Looking back on those various stages in my own life - I feel you bring up a very interesting question. I do feel 'hypnosis or meditation can involve opening up 'channels' of spiritual communication that a normal person is not used to. If a 'voice' is coming to you - I feel it is important to 'identify' the spiritual entity involved in communication the message. In the 'spiritual world' - there is a 'spiritual law' involved in this. Not only was my family warning me about the condition - I had 'spirit guides' warning me of this ability as well. It is sort of a 'mine field' to pass through for the sake of your own 'mental health' as well as spiritual health.

For me - the simplest solution was 'putting God' in charge of the matter - (since it related to spiritual matters.) If it is a spirit - then - test the spirit involved. If it is spiritual communication - then seek advise from spiritual sources. If it is mental - then seek advise from health professionals qualified to treat such matters.

As an example - I was standing in a store with another person in 1981. I stared 'hearing' (perceiving a voice) coming to me and it was very vulgar and rude. I couldn't tell if it was the person I was with in the store (his lips weren't moving) or - if it was from another source. When I saw that his lips weren't moving when I heard the 'voice' coming to me, I 'asked God' to help me identify the source. I then heard this voice say, "That's right, you can hear what I am thinking about you." It was the 'thoughts' of the person in the store with me. (He was a stranger to me then.) I got to know him over the coming months and eventually he verified that when he first saw me in the store - he did have 'those thoughts' on his mind about me. (I was still involved in utilizing 'self-hypnosis and meditation' at that time.)

I had many people tell me through the years - there is a fine line between and separating 'spirituality and insanity.' (Those of us who have a knowledge of - or sincere belief in reincarnation have had to deal with that fine line many times.)

My advise on all matters spiritual (including reincarnation) is seeking advice and guidance from "God" or 'spiritual authority' though your prayers and meditations on the subject.

Sincerely,

DKing

8. argonne1918

Have you learned how to control these abilities?

9. SkyeSpitfire

Control in what sense? I can't really command anything - it happens randomly. Though I have improved being able to recognize the emotions of another individual and realizing I'm experiencing their turmoil and absorbing it like it's my own - and rather than have wild fits or drown myself in drink, I can stay calm! Lol - but maybe that comes with age. The dreams are out of my control - nothing is in my control really. I really would like to be able to have the reigns on this, but I'm not sure where to begin..

10. SkyeSpitfire

What's the difference between the spirit and the soul?

11. argonne1918

There are many videos on YouTube about "Sensitives and Empaths". You can take a look and see if any help you. It sounds like you already have it under control.

12. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

For myself, the first conversation I recall having with the 'soul of me' was around the age of 4. It was a 'vision' and I had a long conversation in the front yard. I was told not to talk to strangers so I asked this 'one' who it was to me so I could tell my Mom who I had been speaking to. This one said,

"I am what many in the world you live call the 'soul."

So, that is what is my foundation for referencing the 'soul as an entity. I think many refer to it as the 'over-soul.' It is the same one many NDE'ers give testimony of - greeting them upon their return to the light. Some NDE'er's give testimony of 'merging' as one with this 'entity' during their NDE's. It is the part of us that never leaves heaven. It is eternal and doesn't incarnate into the physical as the spirit does. The 'soul' is superior to the 'spirit.' I always refereed to the 'spirit' (when) I was a child - as the 'breath of me.' It is the part that inhabits the physical body - where - the 'soul' doesn't inhabit the physical body.

In scripture (Genesis) it references the 'image' created in the 'image' of the divine. (soul) Then, it references the 'breath' (spirit) that was 'breathed' into the physical body - to make man a 'living soul.' In my NDE's - my 'breath' (spirit) would leave the physical body and return to the body of the soul. I would later joke with people that living in the world of man was like having an 'out of soul' experience as opposed to having an 'out of body' experience.

(At the age of 4 - I was told NOT to reference this one (soul) as a 'he, her, she or him.' It was neither and it was both. So, I would just refer to it as 'one' or 'it.')

Sincerely,

DKing

13. Arturo

Arturo New Member

Thank you all for the very informative and interesting posts.

I do not hearing voices (as sound) I receiving messages with guide and full of wisdom. I ask questions and I get the reply at a level of knowledge that it is far superior to mine.

I do not have to meditate to receiving them, the come when I have to solve a problem or it is something related to how we should live regarding moral values or treat others.

I have been told (among many things)that we are here in a mission to learn and that our spirit know what we have to do. If we are listen to the spirit instead to our mind our mission will be completed. Our spirit or the spirit guides will never give us the wrong or bad advice, that it is the mind which it is the barrier placed on us to achieve our mission.

All this it happens to me since the sad passing of my mother back in the mid 80's and form then on my ability to receive messages it is improving every year.

I would love to have a regression by a reputable hypnotist to find why I have a very strange behavior during the first 10 years of my life.

I am looking forward to your inputs.

14. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

hi I hear voices a lot! I hope I am hallucinating so I don't have to smudge my house!

15. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

We are all fortunate to have been born into the families we were or we could have just as easily been labelled schizophrenic and handed large amounts of very scary drugs.

I am glad to be the mom to my children and to be able to nourish all parts of their lives even if many do not think as I do.

My ex has a friend whose daughter felt she could communicate with animals. He said it only took three very strong medications to remove her "problem". That man should be ashamed of himself.

The ex mentioned medication for our "problems". I told him if he ever tried to put either of my children on any medication for any reason without my full approval he would never see them again.

And he knows I meant it ... He never dared to even bring it up to me again ...

16. Arturo

Arturo New Member

I wonder how many "schizophrenic " people are out there suffering the terrible side effect of drugs prescribed by a wrong medical diagnostic......

17. argonne1918

I wonder how many people in the past were put in mental hospitals because they could know things or hear things that were impossible? Or people thought they were "possessed" by evil spirits.

18. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

The tale of a little girl named Jani comes to mind. As my eldest and I watched the show we looked through different eyes ... they see a schizophrenic. We saw an abused child reacting to her environment.

Later shows show a victim of a variety of horrible drugs, lithium being one of them.

Watch her early shows on youtube and pay careful attention to what she calls the "others". Quite telling.

I think if she had been born to different parents (open minded) her life would have been much better.

19. Arturo

Arturo New Member

IMHO, Dr. Breeding discuss the issue very well in the youtube "Schizophrenia, Imaginary Friends & Children, Psychology " video. Iguess that it is a 7 minutes video that can open the eyes of many parents.

20. Ann

Ann New Member

I hear voices all of the time. I just don't hear sounds, either in the air or in my head. Let me explain.

I often get impressions. Yes, sometimes they are of the classic, "I just knew it", or, "I had a feeling" variety. But many times they are like parts of a conversation without the sound or even words, just the feeling of words. Example, I'm at work and I get the very strong feeling of the words, "You should move.", only to barely move in time to miss someone running in to me. Or I'll get the impression, "Something is going on over here.", and something is broken or about to break.

A more recent example was when I was getting ready for work. I work nights, so I often shower and then take a 2-3 hour nap just to be extra fresh before work. So I'm half asleep when someone starts saying my name over and over again. No sound either in my head or the air, but the feeling of words. I immediately think, "Oh crap.", as this only happens when someone wants to draw my attention to something bad that either has happened or will happen soon. So I get up, get dressed, and tell my roomate to give me a ride to work. (Long story. Short version, I don't drive. I could, I just don't. Because- reasons.) Well, her car won't start and needs a new battery.

Sometimes these things happen to me because of mundane things like the above, but similar things have happened in the past before deaths in the family, natural disasters, etc. I pay attention regardless. That might be the deciding factor as to why more people don't experience, let's call them, "positive voices". If you ignore something long enough, it becomes harder to pay attention to it later. This is when people experience something very profound and important in their life that they can't ignore that makes them think that it was a unique incident, when really they've been experiencing such things their entire lives.

I'm not a fan of the theory that only a few people in the world will have many of the personal experiences that we've discussed on this board. Or that if someone ignores something that it will, "go away". No, if you ignore something, you ignore it, it still happens regardless no matter how old you are or your personal beliefs.