Helping a child remember...

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by MamaD, Jun 30, 2016.

1. MamaD

MamaD New Member

My 3.5yo son (N) has been so fearful for many months... I'm frustrated because I've tried so many things to help him, and nothing has worked. Some of the things that caused him to be fearful may have happened in this life but others seem so out of place that they led me believe they may have been from a past life. He doesn't watch TV and has witnessed very little if any violence in this life... Here are some of the facts that I think might be relevant...

-About a year ago we were traveling in Canada and I came down with a bad case of appendicitis in the middle of the night. I fainted from the pain, and my husband was very scared. We had an ambulance pick me up at the hotel. My husband and N came to the ER with me and I spent the rest of the trip in the hospital. 5 months later I came down with appendicitis again plus peritonitis. For a month I was in and out of hospitals and feeling terrible even at home. It was around the holidays and luckily we had family around to watch N. Ever since then he has had separation anxiety. He's also afraid of ambulances, doctors, nurses.

-Around that same time we went to a kid's birthday party with a superhero theme. N was struck by the aggressive poses of the superheroes and asked me if they hurt people. I tried to explain that they hurt bad guys, but the only thing that stayed with him was that they hurt people. Now he's afraid of superheroes, particularly Batman and Spider-Man.

-Every night for months now he has been terrified of going to sleep. He mentions the superheroes and also mentions someone coming in to hurt him. He stares at the window and is particularly terrified of the curtain.

-On a recent Father's Day weekend trip, he and I shared a hotel bed while my husband slept alone in another bed. One of the nights I had this dream vivid on replay, that N somehow got behind the wheel of a car and killed someone. I was terrified. It ended up being a dream within a dream within a dream, because each time I would think I woke up and I would tell someone about my "nightmare" they told me that no, this really happened. Before I woke up I had an OBE (I've had many in my life) where a woman sat at the edge of my hotel bed and shook me, trying to wake me up.

-On the way home from that trip, he cried a lot saying he didn't want to go home. He said he hated his home and that his home was for horses. That struck me as unusual. This led me on a google search that led me to Carol's book.

-He also has repeatedly mentioned a story where a woman was running from someone who wanted to hurt her but she got tired and then the person hurt her. Sometimes he says that it was Batman who she was running from.

-He has also been driving me crazy by never letting me cook. Each time I cook he does whatever he can to get my attention, and today he revealed that it is because he is afraid to be alone in the living room while I'm cooking.

I'm desperately looking for something that will help his fears so we can do basic things like cook, eat, and sleep every day. So far it doesn't seem like he has had one of those moments that Carol mentions in her book... There's been no healing, and he doesn't seem to be in a trance. I think these fears go beyond the trauma that this life can justify - how can I help him remember his past lives? I've tried to have a regression myself years ago and it didn't work. Recently I've also tried a recorded past life meditation, an akashic record meditation, and none of it worked. I saw maybe a couple of flashes... Some faces... Nothing with the clarity that others have described.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Have you asked him to draw what or who he is afraid of? Sometimes that works when they don't have the vocabulary to describe what they are seeing or dreaming. It does sound like it could be past life related. It also sounds like you and he are very psychic. Start keeping a journal and write things down.

3. MamaD

MamaD New Member

He just started drawing literally this week... Before that it was only random strokes, now he's drawing simple things.... So far he's done ball, egg, strawberry, snail and spider. I don't know if he would be able to draw what he's scared of yet but I could try.

4. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I think you are on to something, but helping him remember might not be the best way to go. The important thing, I think, is to let him talk about it. Let him be afraid of superheroes, without ridicule. Give him a safe place to talk about such things, a sympathetic ear, and lots of reassurance. Although it is rough when no one in the house is sleeping, I can assure you, things will get better. Perhaps slowly, but it will.

One thing some parents have tried, is to talk to him when he is sleeping. Let him know that he is safe here and a "good guy." And he no longer has to live in the stable.

5. LBorjaOregon

LBorjaOregon New Member

He sounds like he has separation anxiety, which can be helped through a therapeutic program or techniques that focus on rewarding positive behavior. If you don't like to seek outside help, maybe do some research on your own, on what you can do to help train him to be more comfortable being more independent. (I don't know, but this also may involve you being more comfortable with him being more independent.) Behavioral methods like using an encouragement system (rewards) for little steps and successes he makes toward independence are probably the most effective. Try googling the "stepladder" method for helping kids with anxiety. You'll be the key to guiding him toward behavior that is healthiest for him, and your family - which is being able to cook, sleep, etc when you need to.