Hi I'm new

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Scottishbtch, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Scottishbtch

Scottishbtch New Member

I'm new here and would like someone's advice. I don't know anything about past lives and I'm not sure if the concept exists but something strange happened this morning and I am looking for answers.

My daughter is 20 months old. The last three months she has been talking up a storm. She has always been very talkative she started saying "hi" at only three months. Since she was an infant she has had an obsession with cellphones. To the point that she actually stole a family friend's cell phone when she was 11 months old. When she was about nine months old she learned how to take selfies. On her own course. And she's always playing Candy crush and has gotten to a level far past anyone else I know (level 180) but I want to emphasize that she is only 20 months old. Since she was a year old she has said "text shelly" only we couldn't understand what she was saying, but last week it became more clear. She seems like it's really important and it's something that she really has to do. Today we were sitting on the couch and she was once again grabbing my cell phone. I explained to her that the phone didn't have any batteries and it was useless and she couldn't text. I then made a joke that she must of been a teenager in a past life who died texting and driving. Her response was frightening. She said, "yes" in a very matter of fact way. Then she said. "text Shelly" I can't help but wonder if past lives are real and her obsession with cellphones is linked to it, its and overwhelming feeling I have. Anyone have an insight? Thanks.

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum :)

Well it certainly sounds possible that your daughter is remembering a past life, but there is nothing to be alarmed about because everybody has been here before and it's fairly common for children to remember their previous lives while they have such little experience of their present lives. Most parents overlook the possibility when their children come out with strange or irrational comments, or they dismiss it as imagination, so it's good that you have an open mind.

I think your daughter might be too young to answer questions, but you can try. Ask her some very simple open ended questions, don't lead her towards an answer. You could ask her if she remembers being here before; does she remember another mum and dad? Who was Shelly, can she describe her? Can she remember what her name used to be? Write down the answers in a journal. Ask her when she's in a relaxed state, long car journeys are always a good time, as long as you're not driving ;) or bedtime.

Does she appear to have any anxieties about the past? The best thing to do is let her talk about it if she wants to, and reassure her that she's safe with a new family who love her very much. Carol's book is very useful to read if you want to find out more about past lives, but there's nothing to worry about, it's perfectly normal for her to remember, and the memories will fade as she gets older.

3. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Scottish

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, quite a lot of people come to the forum saying things like 'I don't believe in reincarnation, but....'. :)

It could very well be that your daughter is trying to text one of her previous life friends. Little kids very often remember past lives, but they are often not believed in our culture, or don't have the language to explain it to their parents. It's not unusual for them to be a bit muddled up about what's going on too, as they don't necessarily understand the difference between a present and past life memory (although there are exceptions).

ChrisR has given you some very good advice there to follow. Basically, as he says, just listen to what she says, take her seriously, make a note of it and try not to 'freak out'. It's actually quite normal and nothing to worry about. As she learns to speak better, she may have more to say about it all.

The first chapter of Carol's book is here if you'd like to take a look.

Carol's book - Chapter one.

4. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it sounds like she died recently. Cell phones are not that old. You can ask her open ended questions. Write down everything she says that could be past life related. See if she remembers any details like her name, locations, etc. If she was killed in a car accident while texting and driving there is probably a news story online somewhere about it. Even an obituary maybe with a photo. We have helped several people here find there previous selves. Many people have a face that looks a lot like their former self.

5. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

I'd like to say that babies' obsession with smartphones seems to be a universal phenomena and doesn't necessarily need to be past life related. My kids were extremely interested in them, too, and knew how to unlock the keylock (is this the correct term?) when they were around one year old. They found out how to make photos in no time and my son found out how to watch his favourite videos on our kindles when he was very young (he still is). We had never taught him, of course! I witness the same in our friends' children and while I believe in past life, I think this might just as well be due to children watching their parents carefully and imitating their behaviour. If there won't be other things showing up, statements etc. I wouldn't interpret too much into the smartphone-incidents.

6. Scottishbtch

Scottishbtch New Member

Thanks for responding to my post. You're right she doesn't really answer questions unless they are yes or no questions. Even then sometimes she doesn't answer she just smiles.

I am kind of worried about asking her to me questions I don't want to pressure into seeing things that aren't true. However last night when I put her to bed she did say "text Shelly" and I asked her who Shelly is. She stopped for a second and she got a really big smile on her face and she looked as though she was remembering something that was important and her whole face lit up I can tell that whoever she was remembering made her happy. Then she didn't say word she just rolled over and went to sleep. She gets a little older I think that I will ask her some of the questions that you suggested. And I will definitely read the book too. I'm going to get a copy as soon as I can.

7. Scottishbtch

Scottishbtch New Member

Thank you. I wasn't sure what to expect when I joined I wasn't sure what the responses were going to be . I thought maybe people would criticize me for saying I was a skeptic. I'm so pleased that all the responses have been so positive. Kind of makes me feel like I'm not totally loony.

Thank you so much for the link I am definitely going to read it and when I can I'm going to be getting a copy of the book.

I am definitely going to be positive with my daughter I'm not going to dismiss anything that she says even if I don't necessarily believe it because when I was a child something happened to me But whenever I said anything to the adults around me they told me that I was imagining it or is that I was lying. I remember how horrible that felt and I'm knew what I saw and I didn't understand why everybody told me I was lying. I don't want that for my daughter .

Thank you again for the link .

8. Scottishbtch

Scottishbtch New Member

I think I will start a journal for her. I have been looking at things online But I don't know where to start. I don't know if I should focus on the US or if I should look into other countries I just I've never even thought of doing something like this before .

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome.

Yes, it's a shame that so many children are told things are 'just their imagination'. It leads to people then not really knowing what the difference is between (for example) a past life memory and their imaginations.

I remembered things when I was little and my parents had no idea what I was talking about. I did not have enough language or knowledge to explain what was happening and I found it very frustrating and a bit alienating. Other kids would make fun of me too, if I said anything 'weird' so I pushed it all underground and wondered if I might be a bit mad. Not a happy experience.

It's good that now we can actually talk about these things openly and learn more about it all from each other.

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't worry about asking her too many questions. Although it is very important not to make her feel under pressure in any way, the key is to make your questioning more like a conversation. Start off with one or two simple questions and then see how responsive she is. If she doesn't feel like talking, then leave it for another day, but if she does answer then try to build on it, let her lead the way, a little bit at a time. That's why it's good to start a journal so that you can put all of the little pieces together later on.