• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Hi -- new here!

Blackbird

Hello... :)

So many fascinating stories here, and a positive, understanding atmosphere! Generally, I've kept my 'transcendental' convictions pretty much to myself except for very close friends, but comrades in thought would be welcome, and this place feels kind and safe. So... here I venture!

I've had a few hints of recollection but no strong specific memories of past existence, so my belief in reincarnation is mostly based on intuitive experience, starting when I was perhaps 10 or 11 years old (I'm in my 50's now).

One central piece for me is that, as an artist, I've always felt I brought my calling with me, that I arrived with it mid-stride, as it were, and will likely go out the same way. So, some of the threads that refer to the arts are particularly of interest!

And, Deborah -- your experience as a Russian iconographer -- fascinating! My mother, who was also an artist, worked with a liturgical arts company for some years, and she and I wound up painting a Russian Orthodox dome in Pennsylvania. She painted many icons during that time, and boy would she understand exactly the feeling of confinement you mention! Something I've thought about a good deal since that experience. Hope to hear more!

So, thank you all for making such a welcoming place to post! I look forward to hearing much and telling a few tales too, perhaps.

Hi. Welcome to forum Blackbird. Thank you for all of us and I look forward on sharing thoughts. I know what it feels like own a piece of myself feel to be an artist :)

To Blackbird

Hi!!! :) Welcome aboard Blackbird!!! I hope you do feel safe and comfortable here, and please feel free to ask any questions, no matter how silly they might feel to you. wellllllcome

Hi Blackbird, welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction! If you have any questions or need any help just let us know.

We definitely have a lot of artists here and I'm glad you're already digging up threads relevant to you. Have fun!

Thanks, Spatz! I like your avatar, by the bye... I've made my share of prehistoric critter prototypes, and appreciate that noble profile...

Welcome Blackbird, I hope you enjoy your time here! wellllllcome

Oh wow another artist :D :thumbsup:

I think artist see things differently at least

I do ? maybe that why I dream in color ?

Welcome.

Thank you, Shadowsofmypast! I'll hope to see some of your art! Do you post some of your work here? Yes, seeing things differently... how we see things... a most interesting subtle subject! ;) In the forests of the night, yes?

Hello and thanks, Helz Belz and TMarie!

Ah, I'd not actually thought of the Beatles song, but it's a happy association! :) I just really love birds... all birds, but crows and ravens, pigeons and doves especially personally, for some reason...

Many of the ID names make one want a story!

Back