Holiday Memories

Discussion in 'Member's Memories - Archive' started by Ailish, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

I remember quite a few different holiday celebrations from different lives, but I will share something I posted previously about my life in Italy as Nicoletta – and remembering La Befana:

Aili :D

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Holiday memories

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I have surprisingly few Christmas PL memories, thinking about how much I love the season in this life. :) But then again, it hasn't been such a big deal in most eras and cultures earlier.

I remember very short flashes of Christmases in Finland in the 1910's. One memory from Paris (I think) in the 1930's is connected to Christmas, even though we were Jewish (or maybe it was about Hanukkah?):

The memory came in the summer of 2007, but I actually remember now I recently saw a documentary about Jewish people in Europe before WWII and the traditions of charity. Maybe it was a custom to give to the poor around the holidays in our community/family?

Later in that life Corinne married a Christian man and they celebrated Christmas. Bing Crosby's It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas is a huge trigger for me to remembering the season in America in the 1950's.

Karoliina

3. 4mysonK

4mysonK 4mysonK

When asked to think about my happiest memory, it was of my Dad holding me in front of the Christmas tree. He was tickling me, and I was leaning away from him laughing. I felt so loved, and I knew my Dad was a good man. I knew we didn't have a lot of money, but that wasn't the point at all. It's kind of nice to think about being a small child without the thought of Christmas gifts.

I think that's a good lesson to us. Little kids just want to be with their parents and feel happy during that magical holiday. That seems to be the same type of experience you had, Ailish. You were giggly and excited, but centered only on your family and the love around you. Toys are just the icing on the cake!

*The year I 'saw' during that regression was 1868.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.