How did you die?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Elijah, May 28, 2005.

1. Elijah

Elijah Senior Registered

I believe I may have had more than one past life however, a memory of death sticks in my mind and I thought it would be an interesting topic for here, how exactly did you die the last time?

From as early as I can remember I have had this memory, but I could never put my finger on it exactly. Whenever it was an overcast day, and if I was near trees or a park, I would begin to feel really strange. It would always happen in the summer time though.. other times of the year I would feel it but it was never as strong. I had flashes of a large tower made of bricks in the middle of a forest, or woods. Each time the sky would be overcast or it had just been raining. Recently I have had more memory come to me because of meditation and because I really want to explore this further. It was on a visit to Skipton Castle that I began to understand these strange flashes and memories for on that visit it was a cloudy day, and in the middle of the courtyard of Skipton castle is a very old tree which had been there for countless years. There I felt this strangeness again, as if I had been here in another time, but I could not quite see it.. it was just an inner knowing. However, I had another flash of memory come to me, and I looked down at myself and I was wearing armour.

Since then, I have explored this further, and I have had flashes of strange ritual, and there are things I know that no one has told me about beforehand concerning magick and ritual pertaining to the Knights Templar. Knowledge, I might add, that you would only know if you were a Templar Knight, those outside the order don't know anything about these things. How I know as well that it is secret knowledge, is because of what it is, not because any modern day Templar has told me.

As I continued with my exploration of this, a memory of my death came to me and I saw it for the first time clearly and felt it all over again. My vision came to me as I meditated, I saw an overcast sky and the tops of trees.. it was midsummer, and I was in the company of several Knights, on horseback,walking through woods and we passed this large brick tower there. I recall I was wearing armour but I didnt have my head covered, and I was dizzy, had been crying or something and my body was shaking, there was a terrible pain in my left side and I could hardly stay awake, but I had to I had someone to go home to. And so this continued, and the next memory flash I have is of sitting under this giant oak tree, feeling very weak and disorientated, and watching the sun come up over jagged mountains, and I remember thinking how beautiful the world was.. and there at that moment was my death, of that I am sure.. because light filled my eyes and my soul and light was all I could see.. and the weakness of my body faded.

It was a great experience to go through what may have been my death.

I wonder if others can remember how they died too?

2. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

For some reason reading your post made me think of someone struck by lighting. I don't know why.

Of the lives I know of. I have been shot in the back twice. Once as an indentured female servant in Colonial America and once as a soldier in the American Civil War. I was also poisoned once in a monastery where I was a very young most unwilling monk somewhere in Europe.

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Elijah,

Several of my lives ended from starvation - most often in Ireland. I've died from illnesses in many lives. In 1950's Boston I was hit by a car, running into the road. There was a plague that took my family in the 1300's. I survived and lived with the nuns, only to succumb several years later to the same plague. I've also died from a snakebite.

There was some sort of fire -- with a lot of noise in one of my lives -- I'm not entirely sure I know what happened, but remember the burning feeling. Something to do with a plane.

I have also been killed at the hands of others - in Wales, I was killed by the same men who destroyed our village earlier. Oh, and in my gypsy life, my mother and I were imprisoned by men who tortured us, so she tied ropes around both of our necks and hung us, but I never considered that murder...more like an act of mercy.

There are many other stories - but too many to share.....

Ailish

4. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

In my last life, i think i may have died from drug use, alcohol use, or the effects of it. then my life before that from my regression was about 1948-49 and i was in a hospital, i think it had something to do with my heart or lungs, i wasnt old maybe my late 30s.

wow ailish, how do you remember all of those lives? i know i have had more than 2 past lives, but i only have memories from the 2 most recent ones. i only get feelings from my lives further back, no actual memories.

5. Ailish

Hi Hippy 16,

I've been remembering past lives since I was a little girl. For a few years I lived with my Grandma who wrote down everything I said and did in a little pink book. When I turned 16 she showed the book to me and it verified many of the things I had remembered. I've also had quite a few regressions, and I dream about my past lives a lot. :D

Ailish

6. Chelle

Chelle Probationary

I remember my deaths in my three most recent past lives. The most recent death, I was in my 40s I believe. I believe I had an illness that came on gradually and I chose to die in my own bed. I was fully aware and prepared for my death that time. :) The two lives before that, I died in childbirth. In one life I was 18 and in the other I was 22.

I think there is a possiblilty of a life where I was burned to death, possibly more than one, but that's just a feeling I get rather than concrete memories.

7. Littlemoon

Littlemoon Senior Registered

The only one that I remember was one of being strangled...This was in a dream, but I am almost positive that it was a PL memory..

Some feelings about how I might have died before: Car accident, me in the passenger seat (strong feeling about this one!). Gunshot.

That's all I can think of now!

8. dark rosaleen

dark rosaleen Senior Registered

Sorry, this post is going to end up a little off-track...
    My grandfather had a bad case of psoriasis. One day, he spilled A LOT of boiling water on his arm, and couldn't get to a doctor until the next day. What should have been a bad burn was already starting to heal. The extra skin generated by the psoriasis worked almost like a graft. The burn didn't even leave a scar. Maybe somebody who died of burns might wish for a little more skin next time around?

Now, what deaths do I remember? Strange, I don't recall ever getting even near old age.
    Shot while trying to leave East Germany for the west. (Still have to find out if my husband made it there or not.)
    Bleeding out from a leg wound in WWI.
    A snow-covered prairie, and the disoriented feeling that if I could just go on a little farther, everything would be all right, then seeing my hand drop my rifle (I was horrified at this carelessness) and falling.
    Collapsing from what was probably a ruptured appendix in Colonial times.
    A hysterical mob bent on killing all the Jews in town--mercifully, I don't remember how they eventually did.
    Something about a chariot, and a large tree that seemed to be approaching very fast.

9. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

I think that I died from a long disease or pneunomia in my last life,
    it was a peaceful death, I was lying in a hospital bed, it was a beautiful Summer afternoon,
    the roses were in bloom, and a lovely nurse (a nun) took care of me, and then I died...

But, there are also times I think that I drowned, I recall a lack of air, breathing problems,
    going under (water?), extreme fear, but I have no idea from which life this memory comes.

I have a remember that I'm in Paris, near the river Seine, but I never come to close to the water.
    But I "lived" there, the quays are quite broad, and there's always a bench to sleep on
    or a bridge where you can hide when it starts raining.
    I was a safe place, except for the water, and when there was a fight between the drunks and homeless
    sometimes someone fell into the river and drowned.
    I think I've seen that or I almost drowned myself, I have no clear memories about that.

Once I also had a dream about being shot, that was less scary, the shot might hurt,
    but the more blood you lose, the more sleepy and peaceful you feel.
    But I'm again not sure if this was a past life memory.

I have (vague) memories about 2 other lives, but I don't know how I died in those lives.

Curious Girl.

10. Dawn o the Shed

Dawn o the Shed Senior Registered

I had a very vivid dream of dying, which I took as a past life memory, but I never analysed it very much. It was years ago yet still mostly very clear in my mind.
    I was a male, in his thirties I think, I was quite muscular and felt like I'd had quite a hard physical life. I remembered going to a village fair with sideshows and going up against a prize fighter, damaging my right wrist, which hurt like hell, then wandering towards a pub or tavern, looking for entertainment. I remember feeling quite grubby and hot, angy-agitated and perhaps a little drunk.
    There was an archway to one side of the pub, the sort that carriages could drive through, with a room above it connecting to the building at the other side of the arch. In the archway wall was a door with a couple of steps coming down to the cobbles. I went through this door and up some rough wooden stairs, to a room lit by an oil lamp and several candles. There was a woman who rose from a low bed against the wall, greeted me and drew me to the bed, I assume now she may have been a prostitute, at the time I was about 16 and thought maybe she was my girlfriend! So, we were kissing and so forth, then two men burst in, the first was very angry, the second was egging him on. The first man threw a knife at me, which missed and stuck into the wall behind me. I was struggling to get up, my right hand was useless, and I have no idea where the girl went, but if I was in her shoes I'd have run away too!
    I remember thinking the guy was a knife thrower, from the fair (carnival? dont know exactly what to call it)... I said something like "You wouldn't!", the second man began shouting again, urging the knife guy, who was hesitating, to kill me. He threw a second knife and this one hit. I was half laying down, with my feet towards him, the knife went in just beneath my ribs on the left hand side, pointing upwards, and stuck there.
    The two men ran. I could hear the girl sobbing, the knife had felt like being punched and winded, after that it just felt cold, and I just couldn't believe he'd done it! I stood up and nearly fell over, everything was spinning, I felt light headed. Hanging onto the wall, somehow I got down the stairs and into the street. I was trying to speak but I couldn't seem to get enough air into my lungs. There were a few people milling around, I remember looking down at myself and seeing my shirt soaked in blood, especially my sleeve, which was cut very loosely and seemed to be very fine, soft fabric, I was startled by the blood on this expensive cloth, then I passed out.
    I came to, laying on my back on the street, with a small crowd around me. A woman poured something from a bottle onto the knife wound, but didn't remove it. The liquid burned, I tried to cry out but I couldn't, then it went black. There was a brief moment of looking down at myself and the little crowd of people, I remember trying to shout out to a man who was my friend but I could't remember what to say!
    When I woke up from this I could feel the knife and found it hard to breathe for a good 15 minutes. I was 16, had never been drunk, stabbed or kissed for that matter, so you can imagine how much it freaked me out!

How would I begin trying to research that? :) :confused:

Barblynn likes this.
  11. sirona86

sirona86 Senior Registered

in my life as a WWII soldier, i believe i was shot in the head by a sniper. totally unexpected of course, death was swift.

In another life i believe i committed suicide by stabbing myself in the stomach. I am not sure of the time period, but probably a few hundred years ago. I was being forced into an arranged marriage which i managed to put off till i couldnt any longer. And i chose death over an arranged marriage.

12. Lights

Lights Lights

I died quietly at home in Twickenham England in 1952. I had been ill for quite some time fighting bronchitis and something called atheroma, which as I understand it was a type of fatty deposit on the inside of my arteries. I do know that I was considered to have heart failure, and I remember at the end, I was pretty weak.

My last night, I requested an old friend and shipmate and his wife to come by for a visit. What memories I have of it is that I was in good spirits and just wanted an old friend to spin a yarn or two with. Gillespie (that was his name) and his wife were kind enough to accede to my request and came by. Whilst Mrs. Gillespie chatted with my wife, Sylvia, I chatted with Gillespie. After an hour or so I was getting very tired so my wife and son put me to bed.

During the night, I saw my old firend, William Murdoch standing by my bed, saying "laddie, it's time to go," in a voice which told me I needn't bother to argue the point. After that I was floating above it all, and remember nothing more until I woke as a small girl in Michigan.

All in all, it was a very peaceful death, and except for having to leave my dear wife, Sylvia, behind I did not regret going much if at all.

Barblynn likes this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

My last life time was in Italy. I died of ovarian cancer in my mid fifties. :eek:

14. tltfaas

tltfaas Registered

How I Died

Hello All,

Found this thread fascinating so I have to reply. I remember a handful of my deaths which I will list here:

Drowning as a third class passenger on the Titanic.
    Hung by the neck for being a witch in Europe.
    Beheading as a very low on the totum pole servant in the court of Queen Antoinette.
    Suicide in the American West (1800's).
    Suicide in Northern California in the 1940's.

The weird thing about my past life memories is that I was with or murdered by the same person in most of my past lives. Thank goodness I escaped from this lifetime intact!

15. Indian

Indian Senior Registered

I just mentioned a death in another thread -I better put it here too.
    I got this from a regression; I was a teenage girl in Sweden, in the late 50's.
    Revolting against my boring grandmother I lived with (thats what i think - she seemed so old!!) I went out with older boys in their car, but this last time we crashed head on into another car. The image I saw the moments before the crash is inprinted in my head. Then just a view from above, the car upside down.

Interesting to compare with my life now - came back as a normal boy in '65- except that I always stayed home watching TV with my parents up to my early 20's. I didn't let myself loose partying & drinking with friends until in my 30's, but now I'm satisfied & have settled down with wife & kids. Guess my dying thoughts was something like "should have listened & stayed at home"
    In the regression I only got an approximative time period & only my first name "Annelie".
    Inspired by a post here, I recently tried a pendulum. I tried to close in birth/death dates + what town I lived in. Got 11/25/1941 to 5/22/1959 & Eskilstuna. I'm now waiting for microfilmed newspapers from may/june 1959 to check out how right on target my unconscious is :cool

16. tltfaas

tltfaas Registered

Serial Killers

For those who asked - yes, I do know the person that I talked about in my message above. Our serial pattern from life to life is that I've killed him and he has killed me... we come to Earth to be lovers and our challenge when we're involved is to "get out alive" emotionally and physically. He is my son's father in this lifetime and I moved 3,000 miles away to get away from him. So we will end this pattern in this lifetime... my son sees him from time to time but, ironically, has hated his father from the minute he was born.

I think it's important to note that we all have played the killer/abuser and the murdered and abused. It's a familiar karmic pattern that can be resolved only through multiple lifetimes. For myself, I'm hoping to resolve several relationships in this lifetime so I don't have to come back again with the same group of people again!

17. Souji909

Souji909 Mimawarigumi Captain

In one of my past lives I was killed by a Samurai on a battle field. His sword was thrusted into my body. I could see my blood or he was wearing a red battle coat. I had seen this vision on Sept. 28, the historically documented day that Shinsengumi's 3rd Captain Satio Hajime died. He, however, died of a stomach ulser. I believe that I was possibly a fellow Aizu Samurai and friend of his. Possibly Sasaki Tadasaburo or Sakurai Daizaburo of the Kyoto Mimawarigumi (Kyoto Sentry Group).

18. Cypress Cottage

Cypress Cottage Registered

I died in 1948, of encephalitis, at the time, it was thought to be a mental illness and i was committed to the state asylum I had uncontrollable shakes, and could not verbalize, I was trapped for nearly four years in that hell hole, unable to speak, unable to do anything for myself, I was buried in an unmarked grave, on the hospital grounds, I have a horrible fear of not being in control, I dont drink because of it, nor do I do drugs, I can not stand the feeling of not being in control of my body. I hate tight spaces, and I hate hospitals,, almost phobic about hospitals

19. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Hi tltfaas,

I have a hard time with this. It feels like another New Age premise....that is not 100% true. Although I have read a lot of accounts where souls go from one extreme to another and who struggle to release themselves from this pattern. I do not think that all souls have been murderers -or abusers. A murderer kills with INTENT to kill another.

I think perhaps the premise should state that in our human history it might have been necessary for people to defend themselves and their loved ones and therefore killed another person in the battle or struggle. That does not mean that soul is a murderer or abuser. I think - that it should include the conditions of our human history and that means our limited definitions need to be multi-layered.

I think we are responsible for our actions. I have no memories of consciously murdering anyone. Or abusing anyone. I know of others that this is also true.
    I will never be a murderer - just to experience it; I have no need.

I do not believe that an abused person in all cases is working out their karma because they were once the abuser. There is much more to it than that -- and until we look deeper into the implications we are only looking into a box - a limited perspective of the whole picture. :butbut:

That my 2 cents anyway. ;)

20. Ailish

I have to say, I completely agree.