• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How do you honor your past lives - & do you own something like you had before?

Lady2

Senior Registered
I have started collecting things that look like something I owned in a past life, mostly because I’m so drawn to them.
Most recently I found an old buckskin leather jacket for $1 at a garage sale that looks a lot like one I wore in the late 1700s.
As far as honoring my past lives, my room has something in it that represents each of my lives, I add as I learn more about them. My room is a mix of cultures, Irish, English, Western, Medieval, Native American, Egyptian, etc…I have also thought of making a webpage with a collection of memories written down, including any pictures and/or research I find out about my past lives.
Would love to hear your stories of how you honor your past lives, and if you own something from your past…

My mother has my framed wedding license from a former life when I was my Great Grandmother. It is listed in her will that I get it. It is the only item that I asked for.

I used to collect antique dolls. One day I sat looking at my collection and realised that I had collected dolls from each of my past lives - vintage baby Ichimatsu play dolls from 1920's Japan, old leather and bead Native American play dolls, and 2 Amish cloth dolls (although I was Mennonite in a prior life, the dress is quite similar).

I honor them by trying not to waste the lessons from them. My favorite lives were during the Dark and Middle Ages, and I do have things that reflect that period including a bronze ring from around 1200AD that I think I actually owned back then. When I saw it for sale I immediately heard in my head "Oh, there it is." I had the sensation that I had just found some small trinket that I had lost some time ago. I was able to buy it pretty cheaply since it wasn't a fancy ring. Later research showed it to have been a man's ring for a man of relatively comfortable means. You know, not making money hand over fist, but making enough to pay the bills.

^ I think mainly that's it, for me anyway.

From what i've been able to find out though, about my most recent one, im more or less the same person, just a "part two". so in that regard, I don't feel the need to go too far out of my way to remember or honor myself.

I have received very little information about material goods from past lives beyond a familiarity with many clothing articles which are no longer in fashion and assorted weapons together with some proficiency with their use. The primary messages I receive from those past lives have been based in relationships and guidance seems to be focusing my efforts on ensuring my interactions with others are foremost in priority.

I think I honor my past lives with an understanding of their significance to my current incarnation. Those of which I am aware are all a part of me and have created what I am now...along with all those of which I am not aware!

usetawuz said:
I think I honor my past lives with an understanding of their significance to my current incarnation.
“I honor them by trying not to waste the lessons from them.” Shiftkitty -

Those are best ways to honor your past lives in my opinion.

Connection to materiel things is usually just a feeling or familiarity like usetawuz says…Materiel objects and names are not the most important things to remember, your interactions with people - what you did or didn’t do - matters. I think that's why it is rare that people do find materiel things from their past, and all the more special.

I buy all sorts of things that are past life related, but not to honor my past lives. I do it because I' m nostalgic and I semi-consciously want to live in some sort of time capsule surrounded by old objects, talking to old people, listening to old music and pretending that time just stops (As I have been doing for so many years).

Besides books in Frakturschrift, medal replicas, 30's German needles and things of the like, my newest acquisitions have been a really SS looking leather trench coat and a caliper from the 50's (It's the oldest I could find). I also like to buy jackets that look Victorian.

However, I don't think I need to honor my Pl selves, it would seem that they are some sort of separated entity if I did it. It would be like honoring my 5 year old self. I guess it's possible, maybe if I wanted to do some sort of statement (honor my Pls to let go, or honor my 5 year old self to "recover the innocence" maybe?) but I don't feel the need to do so.

Even though I am not allowed to go into the Military because of my Autism, military games like Halo, Starwars, etc tend to be the next best thing.

Well, I definitely own some items that relate to stuff I've had before, but I don't really think of having them to honor any past self of mine. Like Owl mentioned, that just feels sort of strange.

Materiel objects and names are not the most important things to remember, your interactions with people - what you did or didn’t do - matters.
I tend to think this way too. In several of the pl memories I do have, even if they do concern me, I'm left thinking about the others involved. Items that are special to me are special because they remind me of something, they make me think, they make me remember, not because of the item in and of itself. Those past moments or things I cherish aren't cherished because of me or what I did, but the people I experienced or achieved them with. For me, an achievement isn't special just for achievement's sake but rather is worth remembering due to the effort of many and what we accomplished together. Something like a repro medal (which I'm happy with, no original necessary if the quality is good) which might seem sort of self-absorbed or extravagant to someone on the outside, means something a lot more than 'look what I did!' to me. Something gives me the idea that most of those special items of folks is like that though, a lot more than what meets the eye.

Off and on recently I've even lent some thought to getting a tattoo, and this would serve in the same role as some of those pl-related items I have. Something special that means something unique to me, not an honor to myself, past or present, but rather something that reminds me (and I hope I never forget) those moments I was lucky enough to experience with those exceptional others. That's what I find honor in, not self, and it would be the utmost honor to spend some time with those others again sometime in the future.

...Hard to sum that one up with a mark on the skin, though.

I try to honor my past self by living my life to the fullest now, that is what he would want me to do.

But I pretty much agree with what Owl and Spatz have said above.

Although I do surround myself in a lot of old things as well though since it makes me very nostalgic. I've bought a couple of the medals that I used to have and would like to put them on a uniform eventually. I wonder what it would be like to wear the uniform again? I have quite a few medals in this life too, but wearing them and the uniform I wore in this life never felt "right" to me. I think to wear my old uniform again would be the best way I can think of honoring my past self. I long to feel what that is like once more; the material on my skin and to see myself in the mirror. I can probably understand why re-enactors do what they do. Like Spatz said, what the medals mean to me is so much more than some past life accomplishment. It's encompasses something that can't wholly be explained. It's a feeling of accomplishment with Kameraden that can't really be summed up in one tiny piece of metal.

Yknow Zeon, I used to be pretty obsessed with the idea of getting a uniform like that but more recently, I feel like if I were to try that stunt I'd just be reminded in a very stark fashion that I'm just not there anymore. I think I wrote about finding an original and nearly buying it, and while this was extremely expensive and I was justifying the idea with 'investment' or something, from the first instant I'd thought about trying it on. Of course it wouldn't fit this body perfectly no matter who it had belonged to back then, but beyond that, the feeling of the fabric and the weight of it was something I found myself thinking about a LOT and later dreaming on. I ended up spending that money on a semester's tuition (#notworth) but I did actually see that tunic hanging at the museum in person some months later and it made me think all over again. Do you think you'll ever get a uniform?

While I've sort of resigned myself to never trying to buy any repro outfit just because I really don't think it can be good for me, I agree with you and completely understand why re-enactors do what they do. Yknow, whether they're aware of why they're doing it or not! In the back of my mind I've always been a little jealous of reenactors, honestly. I don't really think I could do it, for a multitude of reasons, but I just want to see what it feels like. Man, wearing a different uniform like you did this lifetime would be really weird. Like a lot of other reincarnated soldiers I gave a lot of thought to joining the service as I grew up but something always just didn't feel right about it. I don't think I'd regret the experience had I gone that path, but as I stand now I'm sort of glad I didn't. In any case, I'd dig hearing your feelings on that one some time.

I once found a book written by one of my previous incarnations and published during his lifetime. I thought very hard about buying it...it was grossly underpriced and it was in excellent condition despite its age, and I probably could have sold it for a great deal more than the price being asked. After much soul searching I decided to pass. I knew the book...I had written it and given many away in that previous lifetime. But that was in another time and the significance of the book was important to that time, not this one, and while I felt a sense of recognition and timeliness, that life and that book do not define what I am to do and focus on now. And as I have the memory, since living the event over two hundred years ago, I don't need some talisman or souvenir to remind me of it.

I love what you said Usetawuz. Your "mission" in this life is a different one, and important to your own soul, and the souls of others.

Trying on an old uniform would be like trying on an old wedding dress - you want it to fit, the zipper goes up, but somehow you have moved on. Even the uniform from a current life never "fits". A relative of mine had his old WWII leather flight jacket. It was the coolest garment I had ever seen, but he never put it on - just kept it in a chest, with other pieces of memorabilia from the war. I think he was a wise man, but I can certainly understand the compulsion to try the uniform on. Reenacting looks like fun to me, although the "real" thing wasn't fun at all.

I've been reading news articles in various places about items related to my past life. On one hand, I think it would be cool to see these things and meet the people that bought them simply for the validation.

And on the other hand, that's all it would be for me, a trip to the museum. Aside from the one nausea inducing moment I had with an authentic Japanese flag, overall, that was then and this now.

And especially knowing what I know now, I can't claim allegiance to anything or any ideology because they're all silly. We're all the same, just having different experiences. To claim any one thing would only serve to block out the rest and that would deny what I've come to learn and enjoy so much.

Everything Egyptian, I love Egyptian art. My friend got even more, she was incarnated in Egypt 3 times. That really shows in her apartment... Also, passports and documents... stamps, etc.. When I buy clothes it ends up looking like uniform style even by accident, lol

Demi

Items possibly from PL.

Hello,

That's an excellent idea to collect items which may possibly be from a past-life.

To handle items offers that concrete experience of touch (instead of just images of items); that is handling items may be a favorable "trigger of sorts" of possible PL memories.

Collections of items can get expensive. Antique and Collectible stores usually don't allow patrons to handle items.

Some items, such as small household items known as 'smalls', from say fifty to one-hundred years old (if a PL from this time period is considered), can be an inexpensive way to collections.

Marc

Don't do the bad things they did.

Which is hard at times truthfully.

I honor my past life of the 20's by writing

songs of that time and now designing jewelry.

And buying mementos I got pendant from 20's

I just bought. it's bringing out memories.

I haven't even got it yet.

Yknow Zeon, I used to be pretty obsessed with the idea of getting a uniform like that but more recently, I feel like if I were to try that stunt I'd just be reminded in a very stark fashion that I'm just not there anymore. I think I wrote about finding an original and nearly buying it, and while this was extremely expensive and I was justifying the idea with 'investment' or something, from the first instant I'd thought about trying it on. Of course it wouldn't fit this body perfectly no matter who it had belonged to back then, but beyond that, the feeling of the fabric and the weight of it was something I found myself thinking about a LOT and later dreaming on. I ended up spending that money on a semester's tuition (#notworth) but I did actually see that tunic hanging at the museum in person some months later and it made me think all over again. Do you think you'll ever get a uniform?

While I've sort of resigned myself to never trying to buy any repro outfit just because I really don't think it can be good for me, I agree with you and completely understand why re-enactors do what they do. Yknow, whether they're aware of why they're doing it or not! In the back of my mind I've always been a little jealous of reenactors, honestly. I don't really think I could do it, for a multitude of reasons, but I just want to see what it feels like. Man, wearing a different uniform like you did this lifetime would be really weird. Like a lot of other reincarnated soldiers I gave a lot of thought to joining the service as I grew up but something always just didn't feel right about it. I don't think I'd regret the experience had I gone that path, but as I stand now I'm sort of glad I didn't. In any case, I'd dig hearing your feelings on that one some time.

Sorry for dusting this old thread off but stumbled in here after a google search
I did re-enactment for a few years, the exact thing that I've done in that war, the only diffrence was the company because mine wasn't available :(, later on I was switched from medic to Radio Op (not by choice but because they noticed I was good with comms..... well, duh did that in Nam)
I got into re-enactment knowing my background and it somehow unwillingly was close to that life in a few details as well (the background story, you were given a you're from there and this is your number) so untill the switch to Radio Op I kinda kept repeating the cycle over and over but I ended up learning why I had to do that, I went to Normandy with the group, 'seen the sights', visited family buried there from this life, seen some things that I always wanted (like Juno beach centre, Merville Battery, thse were just interests since I wasn't Canadian in that life but am in this and have family killed at Juno) and a complete breakdown at Colleville-sur-mer cemetery, that's where my friends and unit members killed during D-day and following days are buried, I needed to say my goodbyes
After that I lost interest in that part of re-enactment, I kept at it at a local museum but that was pure for educational purposes to don the uniform and webbing and had nothing to do with a past life, something I was aware of since it was from the Regiment that liberated the town (OK there is a connection but that just gave me extra info to work with, I served in that Regt during WWI and in this life so the Regimental history is rammed in so I knew the WWII history of the Regiment)

I know a few that I doubt are aware of why they do what they do but it's obvious to even outsiders, taken from comments, that some I know are still fighting Market Garden as British Airbornes and I can tell you where to find them on a few dates and what they'll be doing, it's clockwork

ok, that was my 2 cents and personal take on re-enactment

Now it won't take a brainiac to figure out that during re-enactment I had all the clothing and gear back that I once owned, and it didn't feel wrong at all (just reminded on how annoying the M36 webbing really was and that a mussette bag isn't the most convenient bag ever designed, but I was able to pack triple the stuff in it than anyone else :D), the first time I had the proper fit of my Class A it was a yes, this is how it's supposed to be moment and when my photo of my WWII self and current self in Class A are placed next together they're eerily similair, if I go on what a close friend says

Now I find myself longing to have a Class A again and have no idea where that comes from, obviously it won't be the same as a couple of years ago where I put it on and for that time my spirit is calm because a longer jacket and a wheelchair just don't mix, I've looked around though and found a class A jacket for a CHEAP price, only thing I need to do is change the buttons and apply all the right insgnia
bottom line, I've been going buy, not buy, buy, not buy for a few days and no idea what do do or why I'm at a stalemate

In my very first past life regression, I saw my life as a canadian trapper in Québec. I owned a rifle Winchester 30/30. It's a name that came to my mind, I don't know why. I discovered that Winchester 30/30 was a 1894 model. That helped me put an approximate date on this life.
Just a few days later I was playing a game in a café (I'm french). I won a prize, and had a choice between two objects. One was a mirror with an old advertising picture of a Winchester 30/30 model 94. I was amazed and choosed it of course. I'm not attracted to firearms but it was special. It was more than 20 years ago and I still have this mirror on the wall of my bedroom. Most of my family and friends don't know why I keep this thing.

I enjoyed reading the recent posts. I especially like Cansol’s. Ever since I was little I have been buying military antiques. I can really empathize with you. I can’t remember any past lives in these times, but in the past year or so I have found a couple items that once they hit my hands I just had to have them. I bought a webley revolver from ww1. Two different types of shotguns used in ww1 and 2. The latest was actually made in 1910. Funny thing is I didn’t know their connection to these wars until after I got them and researched them.

I also bought a M1 carbine from ww2. I wanted an M1 Garand, but I messed around and they had sold it. The carbine was there so I traded in some things to get it. I really love it, so maybe it was meant to work out that way.

I really wanted a 1860 army colt as a kid, but didn’t have the money. Been feeling the urge to go looking for one now that I might be able to afford it.

I say get the uniform cansol, as long as it isn’t a financial burden. Whether you wear it or not you can enjoy looking at it and holding the history in your hands. I’m probably a bad influence, though. I really enjoy my pieces of history. I get to use them for hunting and skeet. Wouldn’t take anything for them.

In 1998, I bought myself a big sword. This might be PL-related or not, but most likely is. I had saved up enough money, and I just wanted that sword. I also bought myself a replica of an ancient dagger. You probably would find my picture next to the word "peace" in a dictionary, but I am having this thing with historical weapons. And even with certain relatively modern weapons.

In 1998, I bought myself a big sword. This might be PL-related or not, but most likely is. I had saved up enough money, and I just wanted that sword. I also bought myself a replica of an ancient dagger. You probably would find my picture next to the word "peace" in a dictionary, but I am having this thing with historical weapons. And even with certain relatively modern weapons.

So what style or type of sword did you choose for yourself. Was it a certain style that you fell in love with, or just all blades in particular?

So what style or type of sword did you choose for yourself. Was it a certain style that you fell in love with, or just all blades in particular?
It was a 1 hand-and-a half sword like it was common during the Crusades and then later again in 15th century. I am also in love with crossbows, bows, rapiers...

It would feel weird to honor it. And weird to get old stuff. I‘d get myself in legal troubles because of that.

Only thing I do is that I‘m pretty sports obsessed, especially sports that are a little into military workout. I‘m making up for what I missed last time. And who knows if I‘ll still be able to do sports next time!

I live in an area where the "mound builders" had a large presence. This thread plus T-man, who was visiting my area recently, brought to mind some artifacts I had found as a youngster - about seventy years ago. I gathered up all except the arrow-heads and took pictures of them and wondered about the prior souls that possessed them.

The most obvious being an axe-head, the second is something I think was a hammer-like weapon, and the third seemed to me to have been a hammer-stone.

Attachments

• 20180824_170701.jpg
    20180824_170701.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180824_170857.jpg
    20180824_170857.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180824_170814.jpg
    20180824_170814.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 3
I think that quite comparatively, I have taken it all a little bit overboard! I have many, many vintage garments from 'my' era, and small keepsakes reminiscent of what I once owned..

Back