How does a soul select its future parents

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by mystiq, Aug 27, 2003.

1. mystiq

mystiq New Member

Hi all souls.....this is my 1st posting here.
    Is it true that our soul can select or determine our future parent in the physical world. Also that our soul can be around the future parents years before being born to the parent. Can any enlightened member throw some light here?

2. Lorie

Lorie Senior Registered

Old soul do come back

Hi there Mystig, I can tell you I believe that our souls can and do, select their future parents and also hang around the family before birth. My daughter, lost her two sons in a terrible car accident over six years ago. Only two years after she lost Rocky 19, Tommy 15, she became pregnant with Jesse, he was always hanging around her & me in spirit of course, because our granddaughter, Michaela would see him, my daughter and I couldn't see anything, but young children, can see spirits. Michaela, also pointed to Tommy's picture one day and told us that he was the little boy she saw and played with. When Jesse was born he looked so much like his brother Tommy, we even believe he might be the reincarnation of her son Tommy. He seems to have memories of Tommy's life. As Ever, Lorie

3. kelmb

kelmb New Member

I can just tell you my own personal experience with this (which is what initially led me to learn about past-life experiences).
    When our son was around 18-24 months he told my husband and I (out of the blue) that he had waited a long time to come down to us. He said he waited and watched us for a very long time in heaven until we were ready.
    I was stunned to say the least but I asked him to tell me more. He went on to tell me that he would sit and watch us and waited until we were ready for him. He said once we were ready he came down to us.
    He is now 5 1/2 and believe me.... I believe him. He has also told me I was his mom before but my husband was not his dad before he came here.
    I dont know very much about the soul choosing the parent but would be very interested in finding out more!
    Hope this helps.
    Kelley

4. QaHearts

QaHearts Senior Registered

Souls don't pick just parents

My grandson waited for my fiance and I to be together to come to us. He's not our son, but he's as close as a child can be without being a son. He was suppose to be our son many lives back when my fiance and I were married, but we died before he was born.

5. samuelsonalia

samuelsonalia Senior Registered

I remember picking my parents and I've been telling my mom about it since I was able to talk. I call the place I remeber the "inbetween place." I was 5 years old and I was with a man that looked about 35. The place is really white on the floor and ceiling and it's about the size of a large living room. The "whiteness" on the floor and ceiling fades into pitch darkness. There are things that look like machines there and I remember one you lay in. I can remember thinking about the fact that I am afraid of what's in the darkness, but it's only because I have part of my personality for the next life already. I remember thinking that otherwise I wouldn't be afraid and I would understand what's in the darkness. The man that's with me is helping me and guiding me to get ready for the next life. Then I remember going over to a circle of people and I'm in the circle also. The man tells me I can pick whichever family I want, but he suggests I choose who I end up choosing, which is my mom and sister. There are about 10 different families, some made up of one parent and 2 parents and a child-all different variations. I remember one couple and I knew that if I picked them I would have a very easy and peaceful life, but if I picked my mom I would have more challenges. My mom and sister, who was 5, were standing exactly opposite of me and I chose them. My mom smiled and my sister jumped up and down, because she was happy. My mom only looked a little pregnant, like she just started to show. Hope this helps!

6. lllog

lllog Senior Registered

It is my belief that we do indeed pick our parents, and thus or culture and economic status and conditioning in life. I believe that this is done, in agreement with the other souls before they are even born into this lifecycle in order for all of us to have the opportunity to grow spiritually.

I believe that groups of souls do incarnate together, in order to help each other or to work out Karma.

I believe that the relationship between souls is so much more complex than we can even begin to understand. We typically take the symplistic ego-centric approach towards this subject, my son was born in order for me to learn and grow, when I may have been born so that he would have me as his father, or both of us were born for my wifes growth.

I haven't a clue really, but I stand in awe of the wonderful grace that brought it all about.

Lanny

7. Kudra

Kudra New Member

I believe we choose our parents. One thing that I wondered about often when reading Children's Past Life Memories was why all of the children in pretty much every case study were very happy about the parents they choose. There are no cases of unhappy children stating that maybe they only came to their parents to learn something specific from them. Such as a child who chooses a couple of drug addicts who don't really care about him, etc. I can understand why someone would choose bad situations becuase bad situations often teach us a lot. It's interesting.
    I often wonder about aborted children. If you are watching somone for a while you would know they might not want or be able to have a baby. What is learned in the process of having a short stint in the womb then dying again? Perhaps they are trying to teach compassion to the people involved.

8. bbjo22

bbjo22 New Member

i fully believe that not only do we choose who our parents are going to belive but that we actually chart out our whole lives before coming down. we do this to perfect our souls and to experience for God. Upfer, i believe that your memory is actually a memory from that process. while charting our lives we have several people who help with this. the man that you remember may have been your spirit guide. for those of you who would like to know more about this i suggest reading books by Sylvia Brown. she is an amazing psychic who has studied and researched the topic of reincarnatin and God extensively. i think anyone who is interested in the subject of reincarnation would find her works to be very interesting and informative. to kudra, it is through these works that i have mentioned that i read that a soul will not inhabit a fetus that it knows will not be born, therefore on the subject of abortion or miscarriage a soul would not inhabit that fetus. this does not mean that it will not try to come in again but it is just waiting for the right opportunity. one of the things that i find so comforting about Sylvia Browns works is that she states very clearly "take what you want and leave the rest behind" if you read or hear something that strikes a chord of truth within your soul, then that is a part of your own personal truth. if something does not seem right to you then thats ok too. everyone has there own distinct truth and on the path to finding your personal truth hopefully you will find enlightenment.

bbjo22

9. Paris

Paris New Member

Choosing our parents

I actually do know of a case where a girl in India reincarnated very close to where she had died and in a very short time between lives, but she only chose her parents to be able to get back to her "real" family. It was boradcast on a cable channnel a few months ago, but I think it may even have been PBS. So I don't know that all children choose families that they are very happy with.

The other serious question that I have is about miscarriages. One of the replies was that the girl saw her Mom and she was a few months pregnant. So would you feel that the soul enters into the fetus later than the first few weeks of conception.

I have had 9 miscarraiges myself and have two live children and one on the way. Both of my kids are the joy of our lives and my husband and I have been in love with each other and have a wonderful life together. We were never poor, but we certainly had life challenges.

I know that those 9 that I lost never developed normally to begin with cause my egg quality was so very bad. I would hate to think that the babies had chosen to come to us and then rejected us. And I don;t believe that could be the case, cause the embryos were checked and were noted to be genetically defective. I don;t think any sould would come down to something that it knows it could not survive.

What I would distinctly hate to think is that of those babies that have gotten past the first few weeks of life in the womb and start developing and then something goes wrong. I don't know how I would feel about that at all.

But I do believe that souls do pick where they want to go, I just don't know how far along into a pregnancy this would be the case, or whether they show up much later.

Paris

10. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hello there Paris

I am certainly not all-knowing on the subject, nobody is I guess, but in my personal opinion, even if a soul had picked you out as it’s choice of parent, it would find a way to get to you in the end - and no doubt has. A lot of theories suggest that the soul does not always enter the foetus until the final stages of pregnancy, some even directly after birth (as it can be so traumatic I guess).

Others believe that the soul drifts in and out of the foetus during the pregnancy and the first few months after birth, (some even believe that the soul freely moves around like this until the top skull plate is fully formed in a young child). I personally believe the soul is always free, as it can move in and out of our bodies freely, during dreams and sleep, meditation and even sometimes during our deepest daydreams or whilst watching the TV - energy is never fixed, as it is in a constant state of flux and fluidity.

Nothing is so fixed to be able to claim anything within this arena of thought, but at a soul level, I would personally guess that the knowledge of what lies ahead is a lot more accessible to the souls that DID and HAVE chosen to be with you and within your family now…

I bought up the following thread from this section, as it touches a lot on your questions and experiences, I hope you find it helpful.

Miscarriage…

11. Kudra

Kudra New Member

I could feel my son in me the morning after he was conceived, though. Would this mean that he knew for sure enough about my future during pregnancy that I wouldn't have an unforseen accident and lose him??
    I have always believed that the soul enters the body at the time of conception........I find it hard to swallow that a souless being could survive in the womb for only a short while..............??

12. QaHearts

QaHearts Senior Registered

Kundra,

From what I've discovered and I've even read a lot of cases on the subject, the soul picks you long before conception. Sometimes many years before. But supposedly they don't remain in the womb. They may be in and out, but they find the womb very confining and they don't remain in the child until shortly before the child is born, sometimes even waiting until after the birth. If you were able to roam freely, would you choose to remain in cramped quarters for 9 months? :)

13. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Kudra

What I wrote above is purely for the purpose of sharing in relation to the questions asked beforehand, but it is only what I have read - theories that have resonated on some level.

As I said in my post, no-one knows for sure what the complete truth is, and even if someone could tell us their experiences in pre-birth, one truth wouldn’t be everyone else’s truth, as each soul and being is individual and unique, so I guess each choice in regards to pregnancy is exactly that also.

14. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

my two cents.........

Hi,

I have been thinking on this one and have a few thoughts on the subject.

1). I think the fetus - is very comfortable in the womb - warm, safe, and all cozy. ;)

2). I think consciousness is not bound IN the body -- before birth OR after birth. Therefore, the child's consciousness/spirit/soul moves freely in and out of the body at will.

3). Although there are many souls that I do believe - "choose " their parents. I think more often than not -many are drawn to them..like a magnet and conscious "choice" is not part of the equation.

Carol Bowman in her book Return From Heaven, references the Tibetan Buddhists.

Ian Stevenson notes that “although my research suggests that we are the creators of our own lives and, to a certain extent, our own bodies, our participation in this process is so passive as to be almost involuntary.”

15. kris0503

kris0503 Senior Registered

Karma and choice

mystiq, the choice of parents is no different from any other choice we make and is covered by the same law of karma that applies to all other choices. To answer questions such as yours, all we need to do is understand the law of karma. As such, what I will tell you now is what I have written in umpteen posts for the past year or so.

Karma is unknown but that is not the same as mysterious, as some make it out to be. It is a natural law which can be understood by serious study. In application, it is not easy as other natural laws such as the laws of physics simply because we don't know all the inputs. Law of karma for the present purpose can be stated simply in the form of karmic equation.

(Impressions, Intentions, Karma)1 + Action ===> Consequences.

Here impressions are the sum total of our experiences in the past, intentions form over time as we assimilate our experiences or impressions and karma is simply the residual potential of our past actions. In effect, our past never really leaves us 'alone'.

Our intentions derive from our impressions and in turn drive our actions. Whether we get what we want depends solely on the 'value' of our karma. If our karma is favorable, we get what we want; else we don't. The balance of our actions and karma determines the consequences of any action. Hence the importance of being mindful of our actions. Good karma is a valuable commodity!

Thus we can say that while some may get the parents or a parent that they choose, others may not. On personal level, my daughter chose me as her parent.

16. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

This a very interesting topic. I've been ponding this very question for a couple of days now.

I know about the life I had just before this one. I believe I died only 2 years before I was reborn into my present life. In my prior life, I had wonderful, loving parents who adored me but I died at a very young age from an illness. They were devastated.

In my present life, I was born to a father who had no interest in me and a mother who was incapable of caring properly for me. The rest of my family did not want me and I was told, in a moment of hatred by a family member, that "your mother should have aborted you when she had the chance."

Why then, did I "choose" to be born into a family that did not want me? Why not choose the same parents? (there have been cases where children did reincarnate to the same family or to the same parents). This has been bothering me and I don't have an answer. I just can't believe that I would choose a difficult life with people who didn't want me, over a life with people who would have loved me.

Anyway, interesting topic nevertheless.

Cheers!

Jere

17. kris0503

kris0503 Senior Registered

Karma again

Do you know that you chose to be be born into this family? Personally, I think your karma made that decision for you.

18. mnmnpj2

mnmnpj2 Momma ta 2

Why then, did I "choose" to be born into a family that did not want me? Why not choose the same parents?

Hi, there! I guess I will share my feelings on your question.
    I believe that with each life we choose it is for some lessons our souls would like to learn. It sounds as if your previous lifetime was a very loving and supporting environment--maybe your soul needed to learn to feel unconditional love.
    I believe that when we are dealt or choosen (depending upon if you believe we choose or not) a hard life it is because our soul needs to know how it feels to not have the support and love.

You cannot know darkness without knowing the light. I'm sure being in this lifetime now you are baffled as to why you would choose a hard life but just trust that your soul knows its purpose and just because your family is genetically related to you does not mean that you are required to love them. Maybe you have yet to find your "real" family that is meant for you in this lifetime.
    I believe everything happens for a reason and I guess that has made the tough times in my life a little easier to grasp.

I wish you well!

19. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

Hi Kris and Mnmn...

Thank you for your replies.

So, basically, not every soul gets to choose their future parents or the kind of life or experiences they desire. I feel that karma must have played a big part in determining where I am now, obviously, or else I would be in a totally different situation in my present lifetime.

Too bad that life was so short. I know that all of my other prior lives were full of trauma, pain, sadness, anger. This one life was the only life I had where I was completely loved and free of any of the negative situations and emotions that had plaqued me in all of my other lives. So, would this be considered unconditional love...to only have it for just a short time?

Jere

20. Kikyo

Kikyo Senior Registered

I came from a bad family as well. I had a single mother who was abusive and everyone on her side of the family was abusive, I havn't seen my father since I was 3, and my mother got remarried to a very bed person).

I believe that there is more then just this realm. I think that there could be thoughsands of realms and that our karma brings us to different ones (better or worse). I have the theory that once our realm is decied we may choose to take a harder mission to prove we should be farther or an easier life and progress slowly (Kind of like when people gamble they might play big win big or build their way slowly.) or to gain more experiances. Of course this is only a theory I don't really know for sure one way or the other.

As far as the birth thing goes my little cousin once out of no where told about how she remembered being born. She said it was dark and then really bright and loud and she wished that she could go back inside.