How does a soul select its future parents

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by mystiq, Aug 27, 2003.

1. sayuri

sayuri New Member

How does a soul select its future parents

When my daughter was about 3 years old she stayed with my parents for a year when I went to the middle east to work. My father wrote to me about her progress. In one of his letters he said that she told him she was sitting on a seat with "God" who showed her all of us and the house she would live in. She told him that he would die first (which he did) and she would be very sad but he would be there until she was "a big girl". He died very suddenly when she was eleven years old. She has had a very difficult life but things seem to be getting better now, so I think that we do go over a life plan with our guides before we arrive here, and work within a framework of events to learn our lessons. We do have choices though don't we, how we handle situations that come upon us, and maybe we get 90per cent right of a lesson and then have to return to finish the other ten per cent in a new life.

I have known two or three children who died young, and in each case they were very wise for their ages. One was a friend's baby, who died very young but changed several people around her. I haven't worked out yet why children die young, whether its their lesson time up, or a lesson for their parents, but that is another subject.

My daughter didn't choose us, we were chosen for her.

2. Kudra

Kudra New Member

This is back tracking a bit, but I feel that the soul stays in the womb, and they probably do a lot of astral travelling during pregnancy. A part of the ego seperates but is held to the body/soul by a silver cord. I have heard too many stories of women feeling the baby "go" and the baby has died. You can really feel them in there the entire time. Like dreaming, there we are in bed, but our overselves are anywhere.
    (a lot of this theory of mine is supported/created by the book "The Third Eye" by Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, a Tibetan lama who was a prodigy to the Dalai Lama)

PS--I love this forum!!

3. elizabeth carma

elizabeth carma New Member

ian stevenson quote

Deborah,

what is the source for this Dr Ian Stevenson quote?

thank you!!

4. lemonfarm

lemonfarm New Member

I heard they pick the body once it's almost ready to be born.

Whether this is true I don't know.

I guess it depends on planning and that there are options.

What I do know and can see is who I have become in this life, and I am not with practically any of my old and usual family circle, is that what I have become fits the bill.

My name, my looks, my sexual orientation, and what has become my profession, as well as my astrological sign.

All there to help us do what we are here for as a group, and for me to do my part.

What I don't like is how most astrologist emphasise on learning, and the tasks or the mission we are here for. A life purpose.

This all sounds like work to me. They rarely say "actually, we are here to be happy and enjoy life, so let me tell you how to do that"!

5. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

It is a pipe-dream...

No it is not true (IMHO). Albeit there are those who believe in this...I mean, would you choose to be born as untouchable in India, or a child to N. Korean parents? It is absurd if you just use a little logic and reason.

6. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

West Coast of North America where Winter seems to
    I have no real experience concerning how I chose my parents, but I have read that we do choose our parents. The choice is usually made on what you are hoping to gain from your experience in that life, but can also be based on who you plan to reincarnate with, if you feel you owe the other souls your help, but can also be based on just love for other souls. Usually, everyone gains something by the choices.

There are times when you choose just for the genetics. The psychic Richard Ireland did this when he was born. Once he was old enough to leave his family, he did, as he had no real connection with them.

--

I do have memories, as a child, of "hovering" around my parents before I was born. When I was 4 or 5 years old, I knew this to be my oldest memory, but never really understood it until I read in various books that we can hover around our parents before we are born. I remember my parents walking a long a local river, but that would have been an event that they did not remember so I never asked. Seems strange, and think back to when I was 4 or 5 years old, it seemed even stranger.

7. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

West Coast of North America where Winter seems to
    I cannot see why not, if its a path to enlightenment. No life is wasted; no life chosen is unwanted.

8. Stephl

Stephl New Member

I find this topic is very interesting. (So much so I've joined the forum just to post!)

My son (when he was very young) insisted that he picked us as parents. He said he was sitting in heaven and looked down at all the people and chose us. He said he used to know Grandpa when he was an old man and they both used to watch us up in heaven for a long time. He didn't seem to know how or why he chose us though - or maybe he was too young at the time to express it. In fact, it seemed more like Grandpa had chosen him, than he had chosen us by the way he explained it - but he definately felt he had chosen us.

He would always say strange things that started with.. when I was an old man, before I fell through heaven.. I regret not writing down the things he said or asking him more questions (at the time it is so weird you assume you will remember it!!)

The knowledge he had of his grandparents - who both died before he was born - was uncanny. His grandmother died when I was pregnant with him (and his grandpa almost 20 years before that). When he was baby we spent a lot of time at their house cleaning things out; so when I heard him saying these things, I was shocked but somehow assumed he had picked things up then - and was more cognisent of what was going on around him than one might expect for an infant and was later able to remember them.

Also when he was a baby, I had several people come up to me and say "oh, he's on old soul" which seemed really weird to me (not part of our normal culture, and I haven't seen/ heard of other mothers or any of my sisters getting the same comments). I remember when we was about four years old we were in the car and a song was on the radio "why does it always rain on me". He looked very sad and said "this is just like my life". I said what do you mean! (thinking, your only four, how bad can your life be?) He just shook his head and said "you don't know the troubles I've had" and then he just stared out the window in silence.

I've always felt that the problem with past life cases in children is that many of their concepts (e.g. past, present, future) are very tenuous. If a two year old can imagine growing into an old man, they can probably also believe that they can also grow from an old man into a baby. So it is very easy to dismiss these things as kids imagination or a distortion of perception. However, once they stop remembering or talking about these things you are always left wondering.. I wish I'd explored other ideas more an the time - I find it fascinating.

briski, inhaltslos and fireflydancing like this.
  9. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Stephl, your story about your son is interesting, thanks for posting. Have you read much about reincarnation or had other experiences? I assume that your son "outgrew" those memories. What you wrote reminded me of the stories in the Children Time Forgot by the Harrisons.

10. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Stephl, thank you for sharing! I came across a number of accounts of children's prebirth memories where the child claims to have met a (great)grandparent who had died before they were born prior to their birth in heaven. Experiences like that might not be as uncommon. Sarah Hintze describes two stories like that in her book "Coming from the Light". Another such story is told in Tobin Hart's "The Secret Spiritual World of Children". Christine Duminiak's "Heaven Talks to Children" contains three cases where a child knew amazing details about a grandparent she met in heaven. I have also been able to collect a few cases like that. There definitely is good reason to believe your son!

11. Stephl

Stephl New Member

Thanks Ken and Iris. Yes my son did outgrow these memories (he's 18 now). I haven't done much reading about it, but what little I have seen makes me think it is quite remarkable that so many of the experiences these children describe are so similiar to each other and what my son had recounted. (Such as waiting in heaven, looking down and watching their families, and even falling down to earth etc.). I'll have to check out those books you mention Iris.

Sadly, I didn't realise then that he would come to forget what, at the time, seemed like a fairly persistent memory (or belief). I thought he would be able to explain it better when he was older. Maybe ours is a cautionary tale!

It might seem mean to find it amusing, but when he was a toddler my boy used to shuffle around hunched over and with one hand on his back like he had back trouble (he didn't). My pet name for him was little old man. His favourite pants were checked and looked like golf trousers - so that just completed the look!

12. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

I have couple stories concerning my niece. Both touch on subjects discussed in this thread.

From talking to my sister, my niece talked some about this in between time before birth. My niece said she had met her great grandmother, who was deceased, before coming here. She called the grandmother by her first name, which is impressive because the family always used a nickname for the grandmother.

She also informed my sister that they had a hard time getting her and her husband together so she could be born. Interesting that she used the plural. Made it sound that the souls chose their parents and help get them together.

Also, I am convinced that I was visited in a dream by my niece’s soul/spirit while my sister was pregnant with her. I was young and in school when this happened. But I found myself in a gray room with white Greek/Roman columns in the corners. I don’t know if there were gray walls or just a nothingness that appeared gray between and past the columns. It was like nothing I’d ever seen before. A column about waist high in the center of the room had a cushion with a baby sitting on it. The baby started communicating with me. It was like she was talking but I don’t think her lips moved. She told me she was very important. She said she had lived many lives. She listed off several. In the dream I made sure I remembered one because I am horrible with lists. One of the lives was as a Queen. She proceeded to make me promise to look after her, if something happened to my sister and brother in law. She was very insistent and demanding. I remember thinking this is just a dream so I will tell you whatever makes you happy. I said I would so she’d quit bothering me. Then I woke up.

It was very vivid and stuck with me. I dismissed some of the dream. I thought it odd a soul would be allowed to make that demand of me, when I wasn’t the parent. I also believe people reincarnate within lineages. I had done a lot of genealogy and found no links to royalty. I never discussed the dream with anyone.

Well many years later my sister picked up where I left off with the family heritage. She discovered a link to royalty. We are directly related to a lot of ancient royalty, many different Queens. So I decided to tell my sister about the dream. The niece was almost done with high school. My sister told me that it gave her chills, because the niece had told her very recently that she was worried about me being able to take care of her if something happened because I have several children.

From this I feel that souls/spirits seem to be very busy and not bound to the fetus until it is very close to time for birth.