• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How far back do your memories go?

luling

Just curious more than anything else. It seems that more recent lives would be easier to recall. So what is your oldest memory?

And are all of your memories significant? Or are some of them just random?

I had a dream in which a theatre was being built of stones on a hill. My brother-in-law was there, but it wasn't him, and he was showing me that the construction was nearly complete. There were arches curving around, stone seating which curved around the stage, and of course a stage. And these underground passages, which I was expressing some concern over, but can't remember why. And the facility was near enough to completion for a performance to take place, and there were a couple of people on the stage getting ready. And a ... Mime? He didn't talk, he was just miming.

Anyway, it felt really, really long ago. The clothing was loose fabric, robe-like. But it could have just been a wacky dream. I mean really, a mime. Either way, it makes me curious to know how far back other people's memories go. Anyone care to share?

One of my memories was the exact pattern and juxtaposition of a certain foundation stone with the cobbles on the street in a town near the Mediterranean somewhere.

Also, sitting with a quill in my hand doing some sort of mind-numbing work. So certainly not significant.

As far as history goes ... it's hard for me to tell. I think either the Inca messenger or the Tibetan/Chinese "goddess" are probably my oldest, but I could be off since lives don't come with dates, for me.

luling said:
And a ... Mime? He didn't talk, he was just miming.
You are describing an ancient Roman pantomime. There may have been some singing or chanting by a "chorus" but in this theatrical art form, the actor or actors did not speak. They wore masks.

I have a memory or two that go back thousands of years, before recorded history certainly.

Blueheart said:
You are describing an ancient Roman pantomime. There may have been some singing or chanting by a "chorus" but in this theatrical art form, the actor or actors did not speak. They wore masks.
I have a memory or two that go back thousands of years, before recorded history certainly.
Ah, Roman pantomimes -- interesting to know. Yes, it makes sense. I definitely think I was hanging around Ancient Rome, just didn't expect any memories to pop up, if that's what that dream was.

A while back, this lady at the bookstore told me she remembered being a slave working on the pyramids in Egypt. It seems that this would be too long ago to remember well, but I can see why she would remember such a brutal life. I, on the other hand, am getting all kinds of random stuff in dreams and meditation. It's interesting though.

luling said:
A while back, this lady at the bookstore told me she remembered being a slave working on the pyramids in Egypt. It seems that this would be too long ago to remember well, but I can see why she would remember such a brutal life. I, on the other hand, am getting all kinds of random stuff in dreams and meditation. It's interesting though.
I read something not too long ago that said the people who built the pyramids were not slaves, after all. They found payroll records for the construction. But they were just laborers and not paid very well, just like today.

I remember back to the stone age. I have bits and pieces from ancient Rome and Egypt and various other things in between, China, the Americas, etc. If you're interested you can search threads started by me. I made a thread for each country, thinking that was as good a way as any to do it.

The moments I recall are usually significant moments for me at the time.

I have more memories of the past 200 years or so and the more recent ones have more details. The really old ones are just a few fragments, but those fragments are quite clear and sharp.

tanguerra said:
I remember back to the stone age. I have bits and pieces from ancient Rome and Egypt and various other things in between, China, the Americas, etc. If you're interested you can search threads started by me. I made a thread for each country, thinking that was as good a way as any to do it.
The moments I recall are usually significant moments for me at the time.

I have more memories of the past 200 years or so and the more recent ones have more details. The really old ones are just a few fragments, but those fragments are quite clear and sharp.
Wow, that's really cool. I'll go check out the other threads you started. :cool:

Oldest and clearest is 18th dynasty, Egypt, around 1350 BCE. There are a couple older, but those are fragments. One is of painting caves.

I can't seem to remember anything before the 1860s, but I have feelings about lives in ancient Japan, North America, and Rome.

The earliest clear memory of mine is sometime in the mid-late 1910's. While I have suspicions about involvement in other earlier eras, some that are far older than that, but those are really just suspicions so far. I haven't given them a try in regression yet. Perhaps it's avoidant of me but I have rather enough to deal with in the last century's worth of lives and don't feel like going down any other paths quite yet LOL

All in good time!

I guess it depends, because I have 'memories' which came through meditation of living in Africa and being one of the first human beings to be integrated with souls. How genuine they are is anyone's guess. How long ago that would have been, I also have no idea.

Now personally as for myself, there were some past lives back in Ancient Egypt, Ancient Babylon, and during the Roman Empire period. I might just have some very brief snippets of these lives. But have also some real flashbacks to several lives as a Fremont Anasazi in the Southwest USA and to a time as a Mountain Shoshone (Sheepeater) in the Greater Yellowstone Country and all pre-contact. Plus some other past lives.

Huh, just 1789, but I remember anything from every life after that date. First incarnation, I'm able to recognize, had came from France and was executed during the French Revolution.

The oldest memory I have from the Bronze Age so far, but blurs to me that before I lived even and I could also be a pigeon :D

I've had past lives in Parliament UK, Malta Slave/Judea immigrant, China, India and the Earliest so far is in an ancient tribe called Whoisgaard.

My name was Koya named after the all mother

During the regression I was 18 years old living in the Tribe of Whoisgard. Outside there were tents scattered all over the place with trees scattered appart from eachother, the Horse People came down to the tribe to visit and go casanova on the tribal ladies. The Horse People were dressed in a leather suit with a leather pointy hat.

I was one of the wives of the tribal Cheiftain named Whois who I used to cook for and he taught me about philosophy that made it to my regressions strangely enough

It starts with our Mother Goddess Koya. Lots takes the form of a statuette to help heal the wounded and sick. Koya is places on top of the hearth for this is the room where every tribal member is born for wood is life.

Our powwows will be at a sacred cabin nearby to promote life onto our community. Wood also means energy. But once in a lifetime we must burn all of these buildings for when they get old the wood rots no longer giving energy therefore symbolizing death and we rebuild from the ashes.

As we rebuild from the ashes with fresh wood, New energy and life will begin preserving the tribe of Whoisgaard

On my last day I went outside to check on the campfire and start cooking when out of nowhere an arrow hit me just below the center of my ribcage killing me instantly. I went out of my soul to see the invaders all in a row ontop of the hill surrounding one part of the tribal borders and the invaders had leather based Suit and shield.

When my soul popped out of my body I noticed that a tribal battle had begun immediately after my death.

Past Memories - Depends on your Spirit Level

Your ability to recall past events depends on your spirit level. If you are an advanced or high spirit, when you return to the spirit world you are able to recall everything in the smallest detail.

A high spirit is one who has lived according to the Doctrine of Spiritism, where you need to feel love for all, be charitable, fraternal, and learn the lessons you are given here on earth.

For most on earth, we are not high spirits, but souls who are still going through the learning process, for the earth is a planet of atonement, where we are reincarnated, given trials to live through, to improve ourselves.

All of this can be found in Allan Kardec's "The Spirits Book".

You can also find out more about the entire process of reincarnation at NWSpiritism

Interesting topic. I have very little recollection of distant past lives, only feelings about certain eras. When I was a child, I was obsessed with the Italian Renaissance and Medieval Europe and always felt like I might have lived during those times, but never had any real memories. Last year, I took a shamanic journey during which I saw glimpses of a northern European warrior lifetime, perhaps Viking; and another journey where I saw myself standing on a mountain above an old Chinese village. It gets even less distinct from there. I feel attracted to Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and some other ancient cultures, but I can't say for sure if I lived among them. A psychic once told me that he believed I lived a couple of lifetimes as a Hebrew man, but I don't have any memories of that either.

By far my clearest memories are from my more recent lives: WWII, 1800s France/Germany, 1600s/1700s Europe (lived a few crazy lives there), and at some point I was in Colonial America.

Caveman... I did not figure on the date .. felt like Neandrathal sp? >.. it was a healing memory as I, a woman , have had a lot of issues about men . In the flashback I was standing over my partners dead body , crying with grief . .. helping me to affirm that men can bear strong attachments and loyalties. ...

Back