How has PL Knowledge Helped You?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by J Rainsnow, Nov 25, 2002.

1. J Rainsnow

J Rainsnow Senior Registered

Hi, everyone.

I am curious to just get a sampling from this group regarding the effects your PL knowledge (from regressions, dreams, visions, "deja vu" experiences, psychic experiences, etc.)have had on you, in this life. I have noted that while many PL books (and therapists) tend to accentuate the life-changing, healing, and transforming power of PL regressions, and other forms of PL discovery, on a person's life, that many people's lives remain substantially unchanged. That is, to say, some people experience mild healing or none at all, some people continue more or less the way they were, without any quantum leap in perception or action, etc. They simply do not succeed in integrating the insight and knowledge which they have attained, into the texture of their present life, and therefore never fully enrich or empower it. Instead, the PL knowledge just hovers on the side of their current life, as something interesting, but hardly a part of it, like some attractive (or perhaps not so attractive) piece of clothing left hanging in a closet, which is never worn.

Certainly I know that PL knowledge can be life-changing and transformative. No doubt about it. But I am seeking to get an expanded idea of HOW DEEPLY the PL discovery affects people in their current life. Has it significantly changed the way you think, feel, or act? Has it had a major impact on your present life?

Any comments?

(In my own case, the effect has been very significant on the one hand, yet at other times, I seem to have gained nothing from it - I go "in" and "out" of being very affected by, and linked to my PLs. I find that a great deal of hard psychological and spiritual work needs to be undertaken in order to fully and effectively integrate PL knowledge into my present life.) Are your experiences similar? Different?

Again, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this subject.

Peace & Blessings to all,
    J Rainsnow http://www.rainsnow.org
    past lives, dreams, tarot, creativity, philosophy

2. fiziwig

fiziwig moderator emeritus

In a nutshell: It's part of finding out who I really am.

[This message has been edited by fiziwig (edited 11-25-2002).]

3. Rittmeister

Rittmeister Senior Registered

It explained to me why I had I thought the way I did and do presently. It explained the longings, frustration, and the fascinations that I have with various time periods. It also explained to me why I expected myself to be a certain way and why I should not be presently disappointed about various aspects in my life.

Rittmeister

4. asetneferankh

asetneferankh Senior Registered

It has helped me to understand a personal relationship. I first got into regressions when I was trying to figure how a person I barely knew (co-worker) could have such a hold over me and why I tried so hard to please him. Through a couple of regressions, I discovered that I loved him in a past life, and that I felt, then, that he didn't really know me and wasn't giving me a chance. I realized in this life that I was trying to impress him so that he would want to know me better. The knowledge gained from experiencing that life changed the dynamic in the relationship and made us more equals.

5. madison

madison Senior Registered

My past live knowledge has led me both personally and professionally.

I came to my past life knowledge after a traumatic breakup with a lover. I realized we'd been together previously in another life, and we were re-living the lesson (and failing to learn it again, LOL). Afterwards, the knowledge helped me get through the breakup.

Other past lives have influenced my choice of career - in one life I was a midwife, and in this current life I am training to be a doula (a professional labor support person). I enjoyed that so much in a past life, that it carried over and I enjoy it still (though in this life I have no medical training or desire for that kind of training). My love of children has carried through several lives, and is a continuing consideration in this life.

My past lives have mostly been on a continuum in this life and displayed in my likes, hobbies and careers.

6. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

What a great post, J Rainsnow! Eventhough my memories have been few and far between and often scattered, I feel like I have found ways deep within my soul to change my consciousness now. I am a true beleiver that the past CAN be changed through our consciousness and perceptions.

------------------
    Love and Light,
    Susie

Everyone has a purpose in life...a unique gift or special talent to give others- Deepak Chopra

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi,

Nice thread. You said -"....They simply do not succeed in integrating the insight and knowledge which they have attained, into the texture of their present life, and therefore never fully enrich or empower it."

I think it boils down to -there are few teachers out there that SHOW us how to integrate the past into the present life.
    Instead there becomes a fixation of the past.
    I have been working on myself for 17 years now. It never ends. Each day I grow - I remember more -and my heart opens. Isn't that the heart of the matter?

------------------
    Deborah

"I have no more words. Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face." ---Rumi

8. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

In the case of some PL recognitions I've had, it's led to close friendships, since I seem to get the feeling the person is someone I already know and so I feel comfortable with them from the start.

But in one case of PL recognition, I got the sense that a person needed and wanted my forgiveness, but for what I hadn't a clue. The act of forgiving this man (which I had to send subconsciously because it wouldn't have been socially appropriate to verbalize it!) seemed to break me free of some chains that had been in place all my life. It was like something had been holding me back and now I'm not quite as afraid of people as I used to be.

Although I noticed the change fairly quickly, it sometimes seems to come and go as far as its impact in my current life, just as you'd mentioned. However, recently I began to realize that the issue of forgiveness also has a huge amount of relevance now. There's been a lot of people I've had to forgive for hurts, beginning back from my childhood and continuing this very minute.

The part you mentioned about hard psychological and spiritual work has been so true for me! Forgiveness does not seem to be an easy thing for me to do, but I saw for myself through my PL experience how powerful it can be. The incident seemed to jump-start a lot of spiritual and psychological growth.

9. Josefina

Josefina Senior Registered

If I get disappointed with people I think about those memories I have which tell that I was no saint myself. If they are cold and full of unjustice, I know that I once was it myself.

I could had searched Mr Right Guy years if I hadn't sensed some things from PL and seen that the one I would had loved the most is one I should think as my spritual guide, not a lover. Now I have the opportunity to conctrade to love my partner as an equal to me. The one who is not here with me wasn't (isn't?) an equal to me, s/he is "older". Love toward an egual partner is certainly different than worshiping love from pupil to teacher.

PL-things go often together with all kind of soul partner -things, and people don't often realize that it's just as important to learn to live on your own than it is to live in symbiosis with one's Most Loved One.

Of course there's all kind of loved ones, and we have to spend some time with all of them!

10. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

I'm a bit of an unusual case because my current life was significantly influenced by my remembering at least one past life when I was a young child.

I remember very little from before age six except through regression, but by the time I was that age I had a reputation in my family for obsessively drawing horribly violent pictures of stickmen battling each other with swords and spears. My mother couldn't herself imagine they were anything other than fantasies, and so as a dutiful daughter I accepted that they were. But she also shamed me for wanting to imagine such disturbing things so much, and I could feel that she found them very frightening (all but one or two of them she burned or threw away, though I desperately wanted to keep every single one and now wish I could have.) Thus, since they were very central to me, came from my very core, I internalized the idea that I was insane at a very deep level.

I grew up thinking that my considerate, gentle, straight-A tendencies were a mask I had to put on to hide the evil within. My father sexually abused me for years, and I wonder now whether I might have better success in fighting him off if I hadn't already felt tainted, bad and worthless.

In adulthood, when I began my healing work, I assumed that the majority of my low self-esteem problem was due to the incest, a natural enough thing to think if you've done research on the aftereffects. And it certainly did help to do therapy, sue my father (he settled) and so forth. But I wondered why, when all that was done, I still seemed to be beset with shame and a sense of inward evil, and the long-standing hindrances to career, relationships, and enjoying life in general hadn't seemed to ease as much as I'd expected.

On remembering my past lives (a process which started a little over two years ago), I realized that my childhood drawings had not been sick fantasies, but depictions of real memories. It has taken a very long time to process, because it has meant completely revising my self-image, but past life knowledge has taught me that I am actually perfectly sane, that I have no particular reason to be ashamed of myself, to constantly hide what I feel and make excuses for what I do, that I can trust my own judgment, and that I have as much worth as any other human being. This may seem like nothing more than normalcy, but believe me, it's such a big change for me that I have felt repeatedly as if I didn't recognize myself. My biggest struggle has not been to accept that I was an extraordinary person in a past life. It's been to accept that I'm an okay person in this one.

Now it's hard to separate out the good effects, because it was all happening at the same time, but I did a lot of trauma work, mostly for Alexander but some for other lives, incorporating a great deal of emotional release. (I've never cried so many tears or yelled so many curses or laughed so hard so often in any other two years in this entire life.) And in fact recently I did work on what I found out was the last trauma, meaning, no more new ones are going to emerge, I've peeled off all the layers and found the core of the past-life onion. So certainly healing has happened, though again, it's hard to separate out the good effects of this work from the good effects of realizing I'm okay. I also know that I haven't finished completely realizing that I'm okay, so I have more good effects coming.

But there's yet another level, which perhaps I would never have reached without all this other work: on Nov 13, in regression, I visited the time between lives, the world of pure spirit, for the first time. What I remembered by visiting that has changed me permanently, I'm sure. Having regained the knowledge of what it is to be pure spirit, I simply cannot feel "meat concerns"—the travails of the incarnate, including physical discomforts, negative emotions, ego, disconnection from the spiritual, etc.—the same way. My entire conception of reality has changed. The spirit world is indescribably beautiful, and full of limitless love and community, and a place where everything and anything is possible, and what I remembered being told there was like all my dreams coming true. All I need to do to bring that feeling back, to fill myself with heart-warming joy and excitement like a child's, is remember the regression. I have felt it easier to love since that day. I don't think I need to say how healing that is.

Thanks for asking, J Rainsnow!

Love & peace,
    Karen

11. kris0503

kris0503 Senior Registered

This is a nice thread. I do not have any past life knowledge about myself. But curiously, I have a lot of such knowledge about my daughter; I would think more than any of you have about your own past lives. More than anything else, this knowledge has made me more forgiving and more loving. It has removed huge hurdles to my spiritual growth. Unlike most posters here, for me, reincarnation was a given. But I had my doubts about it. I remember asking my father once when I was in my teens if we really reincarnate. He replied affirmatively but as I sensed it then, not with full conviction. Those doubts evaporated as I grew and read more traditional Indian lore. The situation with my daughter removed all doubts completely. Without this knowledge, I would be living a miserable life. It makes all the difference to me.

Kris

12. yozhik

yozhik Senior Registered

Well, in terms of clinical success stories, all my life I have tended to shriek loudly when someone snuck up behind me. I usually had a very good sense of whether someone was behind me (thank goodness), and went to great lengths to position myself so nobody COULD, but every now and then I'd get caught off guard and it was very embarrassing. (Once it happened at work...)

Recalling one past life in particular changed that. Someone had snuck up behind me, raped me and killed me. After that I've noticed I have a more "normal" reaction to people sneaking up behind me. I might be startled or jump, but I don't scream.

Other than that, I have learned to trust my gut more. I have learned a lot about who I am at the core, and what sort of experiences speak to my soul. That helps me make choices that bring me peace, rather than just those that seem logically sound. I understand the subtext of my relationships with certain other people MUCH better.

So, clinically not dramatic. Yet. It's a process...

yozhik

13. SilverMoon

SilverMoon Senior Registered

Well, I've always been aware of reincarnation, I told of one of my past lives to my mother when I was around 1 1/2 - 2 years old, so I canm't imagine not knowing that there is more than just the life we are living. But, other than that, especially as I learned more about my past lives, it has explained alot, and given some meaning as to why I'm here.

14. J Rainsnow

J Rainsnow Senior Registered

To everybody who's checked in on this subject so far, thanks! I think it's really helpful to us all. And to everybody else: keep the feedback coming in! For me, this is a really fascinating and important topic.

Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone (who celebrates it) a very wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Take care, all!

Peace & Blessings,
    J Rainsnow http://www.rainsnow.org

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

great thread...

For me, finally (after 10 years of absolute denial) dealing with my past life is helping me to understand my relationships with the two people closest to me in this life, for we were together in a past life.

One of them is my fiance, and I never could understand why we both reacted to each other on two different levels, in two entirely different ways after I went to work at the company he owned. They say that those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it, and I put myself in exactly the same position as I'd been in my past life, he'd been my 'master' for lack of a better word.

Up until then, he'd practically worshipped me. Since then, he's grown more and more verbally abusive, and normally, my reaction to that involved fighting back and not putting up with it, but my automatic response is to practically bow and scrape and promise to do better. This is how I felt and behaved in my past relationship with him. Even though he was blaming me for things that were not my faults but his own-he's a wicked bad projector, and he also sets people up to fail, and even sabotages them-I've seen him do that with other people at the company as well.

It wasn't until I reopened the Pandora's box of my past life self that I realized who he was and subsequent research has shown me why he acts the way he does. Part of it is his personality. Psychologically, he has not changed much since that past life.

We have some major past life issues. When he was down and out, I abandoned him, stabbed him in the back, and looked out for number one, and he's now punishing me for that. And I don't believe he even realizes it.

And now I must choose, do I repeat the past and leave him to have a life free of that? Or do I try to fix things in this life so that we go forward? Can it be fixed?

I've gotten many answers, and now I have a whole crop of new questions.

16. Veronika

Veronika Senior Registered

One thing that my PL memories has helped me with is that I feel much more free in my role as a woman.

I remeber many lives both as a woman and a man. This makes me feel that which sex we have in this life isn't such a big deal. It also helps me remeber that the expectations on both men and women change constantly during history and that much depends on your personality.

I've also leard that men's lives could be very limited by what society and their parents expected from them. Before I had PL memories I thought that women were trapped and men more free to choose, during history I mean. We are so much more free today to be who ever we like to be.

17. Deborah

A...........

Wonderful question. ;) I would be interested in new members reflections.

18. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

In my past life I was always on the run, probably because I was a thief and involved in several criminal activities, and I felt guilty for what I did. But I think I was actually running away from myself. In this life I feel more or less trapped also inside myself, there are still times that I want to run and hide, but through the years I've learned something: I need to stay close to myself, I need to learn to know myself, I need to gain 'wisdom', I need to follow 'a path'. It isn't clear yet what path, but it's a soul thing, when I find peace there I find peace everywhere. Let's say this life is a psychological journey and my last life hands me the tools.

Curious Girl.

I've been a wild rover for many a year...

19. Deborah

Good for you Curious Girl

Nice way to reflect! I would add for myself -- balance in all things ;)

20. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

Since I don't know my past life in detail I can't recall important names and dates, but I do remember some intense emotions and impressions and they want to show me something. I was forced to dive into my soul and to analyse what I am.
    Other people's past life stories are really intruiging because they remember so many details so they can write a book about it.
    But for me the story is less important than the message it contains: grow up, gain knowledge, become wiser, something like that :)

Curious Girl.