• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How has PL Knowledge Helped You?

There have been some repeating themes in my life which have made interested in studying past lives. Especially one particular past life which seems to haunt heavily.

I have absolutely no memories at all of being Anne Beauchamp, Countess of Warwick (1426-1492), but I´m pretty convinced that I was her. There are so many parallels to my current life. I tracked this life by using intuition and different props and this way I found her. Her life was full of famous people but little was known about the Countess. She seemed to be a total enigma. Until last summer I finally found some kind of a biography of her from the Interenet and I must say I was very relieved. Her life explained my current life very well.

I understood that I had choses these themes to my life, they were not a punishment or karma. She had to deal with certain things completely alone and now I want to support my loved ones when they are in the same kind of situations.

What a great thread. :thumbsup:

For me personally this whole thing falls primarily into two main categories:

1) Past life physical body wounds, injuries, traumas etc.

2) My current life, awareness, and personality as a sort of composite of so many other aspects or "past life" personalitites. I am a member of my own family across time so to speak, and many of us are consciously aware of each other and have telepathically/clairvoyantly communicated with each other for my own growth, theirs, and also to share with others (as I'm doing here) about this aspect of our greater awareness.

Big topic obviously, but for me it's helped so much remembering past life wounds, many of them mortal, that are somewhat manifest in this current physical body. Remembering their original cause in past lives made it so much easier psychologically for me to deal with them in this body and life and do the needed integrating work, releasing and so on.

The other aspect of this that is of great importance to me is that of multidimensional awareness or greatly expanded sense of self/selves/Self/Higher Self. The whole linear consciousness thing is one big aspect for why I've remembered so many of my "past" lives. (Having Pisces rising has a lot to do too with this I realize...)

I believe that we, humanity, are currently in the process of expanding (evolving) its linear only awareness of self to a much more multiple or spherical state where we're able to perceive more of ourselves in multiple timelines and also multiple realities all at the same "time"...and not get lost or have the ego freak out! ;)

Hello, this is my first post as a new member so bear with me...

I seem to have been 'born open' and drawing from my past lives in one form or another without realizing it since birth. At age 3, I told my parents I wanted my 'real parents back..the ones who REALLY loved me!' That 'other family' was still alive and living in England while I'd been born again 11 yrs later but in America this time. My last PL was as a teenager in London during WWII and unfortunately I didn't get into a bombshelter in time and died. Occasionally when I meet people, I can see their PL but it usually means I shared that lifetime with them--it just tells me where I knew them from. Pl knowledge has released me from physical pain, helped me understand relationships, phobias, my likes and dislikes, erased my fear of death and made me realize how interconnected we all are! We're here to learn lessons for whatever reason and to help each other, not just to indulge yourself through life. : angel

Hi Zengirl,

Great first post, welcome to the forum - :)

That must have been quite distressing for both you and your parents to say that you wanted to be with your 'real' family at such a young age? Did those feelings wear off as you grew older? Do you mind me asking how you found out about your past life family still alive in England? It's all very interesting, I'd love to hear more if you don't mind sharing - : angel

Hope you enjoy your time here, and thanks again for sharing.

Chris - :)

Hello Zengirl,

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting post. You have known about past lives since you you were born -- do you feel that knowledge has helped to define who you are in this life?

I have been thinking about that for myself lately. Everything that has come before and knowing that I am here once more, has shaped my view of what life is all about and greatly influenced my relationships with others. I fear what I may have been without that "help".

Welcome Lapis and Zengirl. Interesting posts.

I share some of your thoughts Lapis, they hold a common thread with me.

Zengirl I'd like to hear more of your story also. What were your parents reaction? Do they understand it now?

Thanks again for joining us here, you'll find it quite supportive.

Tman

Thank you ChrisR, Stardis and Tinkerman!

It's very nice to have a level playing field finally in life where everyone is on the same page RE; PL.

I'll try answering your questions as I explain my PL/current life. Often I upset my parents with things I'd say about being other places or doing things with my family that never happened in this life. Maybe they thought I was recalling a dream or something.

When I was 4 yrs old, I had my first PL flashback re: the 5 yr. old boy who lived next door. I'd seen both of us in ancient Greece grown up and I'd been so in love with him in that prior lifetime. Another time at school I looked down at my feet while running and instead of my school shoes, I saw little brown feet running over rocky ground not the blacktop I was on! So what I'm saying is I often got fragments of PL's my entire lifetime. Have any of you had this?

Tinkerman asked~

Zengirl I'd like to hear more of your story also. What were your parents reaction? Do they understand it now?

My mother passed away when I was 14 and my dad a few years ago. I'm the family odd one but my sister thinks it's what makes me charming!

The WWII PL revealed itself in a series of dreams around 1990 that were so real I felt as if I was there. It really bothered me because no two dreams were the same so that's when I had my first PL regression to see if I had lived then.

I'd lived in Chiswick and drew it out on a map where I lived. My name was Barbara Conway and I was the middle of 3 children and a 16-17 yr old in 1944. I'd met an American G.I. at a dance hall without my parents' knowledge and I was hoping to become a 'war bride'. The night I died I'd lied to my parents about where I was going but my little brother Jimmy knew but didn't tell on me. In regression I saw bombs blowing up buildings at the end of the street and coming closer. I was frozen staring at the horror of seeing people running for their lives when the G.I. grabbed my hand and we ran across the street and down into the dance hall where we'd first met. All the chairs were up on the tables and nobody was there, they were in the bombshelters. I'd been looking around when I felt the concussion and was about to scream but I was dead before the scream came out.

Around 1995 I'd had a reflexology treatment and the man said I had 'a trapped breath from my birth' still inside me. I went home that night and screamed my 'death scream' into a pillow then released Barbara to the Light where she belongs. I've always felt overshadowed by her to the point I was an complete anglophile; drinking tea daily wearing Devonshire violet perfume and I had nearly the same wallpaper in my home that Barbara had in her bedroom in 1944! I still have tea daily but the rest is gone. My father did take me to London when I was 18 and it felt like HOME to me. The black cabs felt familiar and so did the currency.

A British friend researched Barbara and found where I once lived and even found my birth certificate in the Family History Center files for genealogy saying I was her "Aunt". I'd been born in 1926 in London. My G.I boyfriend was "John Wesley Travis" from North Carolina. We both died and we both came back 11 years later on the 27th day of different months. I know because we dated again but didn't marry this time either! lol...

In another regression I saw both my English parents and they held a bouquet of flowers out to me and said they would be there for me when I cross over this time. My little brother Jimmy was 87 yrs old and in a nursing home, he was the last family member alive. I saw that Jimmy never forgave himself for knowing where I was going that night and not telling our parents to stop me.

It's strange feeling love for two different families in two different lifetimes. That experience has left me more cautious about life. I've always left notes to my family "where they can find me" in case I die because I'd be one of the 'unknown war dead'. At least the G.I. had his dogtags to ID him but my family never found or buried me. So yes Stardis, it did impact me greatly in this lifetime! Sorry this was so long.

Hello, and welcome, Zengirl. :)

Don't apologise for the length of your post. It's all very interesting, and I hope you'll be sharing more of your experiences. :thumbsup:

I believe all children have the kind of PL flashes you describe, but not all notice them consciously. I don't remember thinking about past lives being a child, but I did, for example, have a couple of phases where I told everyone I was someone else. I mean I had a different I wanted everybody to use, and along came a different personality from my own. Could be child's imagination and play, but I believe I was remembering my past life personas.

There are also members, who have known consciously about having lived before already as small children, like you.Maybe they'll come here later to share their experiences. :)

Again, welcome - I hope you'll enjoy the discussions and will participate in them. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

Thank you for a warm welcome.

Yes I have found many PL beginning at age 19. I asked to see one in my dream that night, instead it began immediately as soon as I asked. I saw myself as a young girl with long ringlets and a big black bow in back of her dark brown hair. She was on a rope swing on a hill overlooking wheat fields on a hot summer day. From the farmhouse on my right a woman opened the door and called to me in french--and I answered in french although I was listening to her thoughts in english! My name was "Jehanne`" and the place was just outside of Lyon, France around 1900. I died young in childbirth, this was the lifetime immediately before I was Barbara in London.

Before that one I was a young 18-20 yr old pretty woman in Victorian England who was gang raped & died. (Hell Fire Club???) I can't even get her name as I feel so uneasy about that lifetime...so I don't go there.

Before that in 1840-1863, I was a black Civil War soldier named Jacob Bradfield of Ohio who fought in the Union Army as an Infantry soldier. This lifetime revealed itself when I did a self-hypnosis tape to see why my relationship with my mom had been difficult . I saw myself dressed in uniform about to go to war but behind me was a small white woman in the hay named Beth, they were lovers. She also just announced that she was pregnant and she was hysterical. I told her "I can't marry you there is nothing I can do, I'm going to war" and I left. There were laws against a black man marrying a white woman in 1860's America. She gave our child to the first black family she found and I never saw either of them again. I was shot in the heart by a rebel about a year after enlisting. I had a birthmark there but have since had it removed. Also had some minor heart problems but I'm ok.

I'd had another regression done with a friend to get more information about this lifetime. My voice took on a slow southern drawl and in my head I listened to him answer, fascinated by what a chauvinist he was toward women but also how idealistic he was as a human being. Nothing got him down and he never complained about his lot in life, instead he always flowed smoothly through difficult situations and I admired him for that. The regressionist asked if I was in love with Beth? His answer: " No. She's obscessed with me!" When asked why he joined the Union Army; "I believe in what Mr. Lincoln said; that all men should be free and equal". President Lincoln is my favorite President and I was born in Illinois in this life--the Land Of Lincoln! Also he was asked if he knows who that baby is in my life now? I could clearly see it's my middle son today, I have 3 sons. Because I'd abandoned Beth and my son in that lifetime, Beth reincarnated to a woman who abandoned HER (my mom in this lifetime) and my middle son needs my attention more than the other 2 boys.

Another larger theme here of the most recent 5 lifetimes in 150 years is having children. In all of them I was never a parent having died young before I was 25 years old in all of them. Intuitively I knew this lifetime was my last chance; no abortions or it's over. It's a moral and family experience lesson for me.

Soulfreindly asked~

"Nice to hear of your wonderful story of verifying your missing self.. Was there any other aspect of your life then other than your death that you felt you had to work out?? "

Yes from Barbara's lifetime I learned the value of being honest. Dishonesty cost me my life with a nice family. This life has been difficult with less love and it does feel like a punishment for bad decisions in the pastlife. Honesty, Trust, Intregity and FAMILY are all important issues for this current lifetime. I gave up a career to be a stay at home mom...it's the best decision I've made! :thumbsup:

Thank you Karoliina! Upon reflection I can see that but while deep inside the PL it feels that way. Does that makes sense? The 'me' today realizes it! BTW, I have a Swedish gr. grandmother named Carolina :)

~Zengirl

So far the biggest thing it's helped with is understanding why I made some of the decisions that I did in the past in this life. For example: when I was a kid I HATED school. Most days it was literally a fight to get me to go. I did well in school when I was there so it wasn't that I couldn't handle the work or anything like that. I just HATED (yes that needs to be capitalized) it. Add to that my dad in this life was a violent alcoholic and it made for some really bad childhood moments....I have my dads boot print in my skull in this life from being kicked after he knocked me unconscious.

In my last life my father (of that life, not the same guy/soul as this life) was against drinking and was a very nice guy. I remember him getting very angry at some guy who mentioned sending me away to school and was trying to push Christianity at him. We moved a long ways away after that to avoid those two situations and to live according to our beliefs (American Indian). Towards the end of that life it was becoming obvious that I/we could no longer do that and I was very angry and actually still am.

So in this life when my long held beliefs collided with a violent, alcoholic father and mandatory school attendance it didn't go so well for me. The older I got the more stubborn I got and was actually pretty proud of my stubborness. My daily motto was usually 'make me' or ' you'll have to find me first'. There wasn't a beating or threat in the world that would sway me. After I was old enough to legally make my own decisions I mellowed out some and even went to college for a few years. The past life that I remember definitely explained why I was being the way I was as a kid and anyone who would've listened to me as a young kid probably would have expected it. My parents in this life didn't believe in reincarnation and always told me I had a big imagination. Then would push me out of the room or say 'go play'.

This thread has been really interesting. :) It also cements for me how this knowledge has helped.

Well, like many of us, my feelings and knowings came spontaneously. I later followed up on these, and the perspective I have gotten and am getting on my feelings, relationships to others and the world, fears, and so on as a result of my soul's journey has been so valuable. One of the most important things I learned was what Brian Weiss had said in one of his books--the things you fear are often from your past, not the unknown future you are projecting your fears on.

I'm also a huge fan of introspection, and exploring past lives and feelings is rewarding in that sense. It helps me to understand where I'm coming from. :)

Like some others I don't remember not knowing about past lives because I have been like this since childhood (although I did not know 'what it was' I just felt very old and knew lots of things about 'the world', but did not really understand why). It used to make me feel a bit of an outsider, as I find most people very immature in many ways and indeed, I still do. However, I wouldn't exchange my situation. No way.

Having this knowledge is really a great advantage. I have absolutely no fear of death for example, which is amazingly liberating and saves a lot of brain space for more important things. When something goes wrong in my life, I often have a very good measure of how much worse things could be because of various memories of disaster from the past. I understand deeply how every inconvenience is truly temporary.

Having this knowledge, this long memory, gives life a strangely 'crunchy' and complex texture. I have a very long and deep relationship and abiding love for this planet. Relationships with people I have known before, even when they mostly don't remember me, are so much deeper and more vivid to me than they would probably be otherwise.

I have vast stores of resilience and wisdom and courage (lucky me) because I have 'paid my dues' many times over with various forms of suffering. When something bothers 'me' I just cast back through my 'back catalogue' and consider how one of the other 'me's' would have dealt with such a situation (usually with either a shrug of the shoulders or a laugh at such a small problem!). Some of my former selves have been very, very tough and I have 'inherited' their strength.

I understand men very, very well, having been one myself many times. I 'get' how they 'tick'. I know what drives them and how they think and why they behave the way they do. They often find this startling which amuses me no end! :)

I think PL knowledge helps me to understand the choices I've made, and to make better choices in life. That is my goal anyway, this time around, to make better choices.

Karoliina

tanguerra said:
I understand men very, very well, having been one myself many times. I 'get' how they 'tick'. I know what drives them and how they think and why they behave the way they do. They often find this startling which amuses me no end! :)
For me it is the opposite. I understand females well having been one many times. I can't say that I always get it, but I think I'm more understanding and in tune than a lot of the guys I know. Some of them are completely clueless when it comes to women. :rolleyes:

After reading past life books I thought that my life will be changed just like the cases in books instantly and will cure and resolve problems and be pain free. So I had the same feeling as first posted by JRainsnow.

Well it seems like some of the cases we read in the books especially if they are not children it takes some time for healing and understanding and all the healings that we read about did not happen overnight.

For my own life knowing that this is not my only life first of all made me feel so much better because as a child it was very annoying for me to see some people were born in miserable families and had miserable lives while others had better lives and one random life out of random chance did not make sense to me.

Then I came to realize that if some physical conditions don't get cured by medicine or medical field does not have a answer for them[ like a doctor told me they have a phrase for conditions they don't understand call it stupidiology :eek::confused:q6gif ] it may have roots in past lives and I am working on myself little by little , and understanding more about how to accept them and how without self hatred or blame find the reasons behind them and fix them.

Life makes so much more sense to me now and also I am learning not to be judgemental since I may have been in the very person's shoes that I am judging in another life or lives.

In general I can see and understand more aspects of life in the light of reincarnation. I have seen myself being burnt in a few lives, being a cruel caveman :rolleyes:, and here I am again this time around helping others and doing my best not to hurt someone and be more forgiving.

I could go on forever but maybe later I will post some more about my past life experinces when I do more regressions.

Great topic, would love to hear about How past life knowledge has helped everybody else.

:)

Hi Rainbowseahorse!

Rainbowseahorse said:
In general I can see and understand more aspects of life in the light of reincarnation.
My feelings exactly. Do you also feel that you are seeing meaning or purpose in your life, in real time, as you relate to others around you. Sometimes, I feel like I understand the purpose of a conversation or chance encounter with someone while we are talking and I sense how that ties in with where our paths are going - seems strange to me.

(Your avatar looks like it could have been taken in the US midwest.)

Every once in a while when I am in tune I do sense something like you described Stardis.

My avatar picture is in northwest US in Boise, ID, right above our house. I took this picture in May, actually took a lot of pictures, was running around like crazy and taking pictures from different angles. :)

I believe that my past lives have now given me the ability to be able to learn languages quickly and well. Both Russian and Finnish, especially, ring ultra-true with me - even when I was learning both of those languages by myself, mostly just teaching myself, as a kid, I swear that I knew plenty of words, perhaps even a hundred or more of both languages, and what they meant even before I looked them up in a dictionary, or anything like that. Karoliina, if you're reading this - I can't remember if it was you for sure, but I think I read on one of your earlier posts somewhere in this forum that you had similar experiences when it came to English. Is that right...?

Raakel, a somewhat similar experience, but not quite. :)

I was able to have long discussions in English before I ever started to learn it at school, but living in Finland - as you probably know - you hear English everywhere, because, for example, all the American and British films and TV shows are subtitled, not dubbed (and because I could read from the age of 3, I could watch TV, read the subtitles and hear English at the same time), and most music you hear is in English.

So I think I did pick it up very easily comparing to many others, but it was not as mysterious as in your case, as I was hearing a lot of English around me. :)

Karoliina

Although I don't have any concrete memories, only a handful of insights from dreams. I've found that knowledge of life as a series of cycles makes me more inclined to forgive and let go when I need to. In what I suppose is a strategy for attempting not to have to go through the same thing in the next lifetime. Could definitely backfire on me.

It also makes me understand myself, my irrational fear of fire could stem from something and not be as irrational as it seems.

I've enjoyed reading this thread. :thumbsup:

Now that I think of it again, it has made me feel less crazy especially a recognition I had with someone over a year ago. It was proof. And it made my life feel bigger somehow. A link in a chain.

After having the privilege of a past life regression with Carol Bowman this past Summer, I have noticed marked changes in one particular area that has plagued me since very early childhood. I couldn't stand the thought of anything coming at my face like a ball, or a hand, or anything for that matter. Although I played ball with the other boys, I had a hard time catching anything.

After the session with Carol, however, I have had no problem catching things that are thrown to me across the room, such as TV Remotes, medicine bottles, flashlights, etc. This change caught my wife and I quite by surprise, and I can only account for this change after the session in which I was seeing myself on a warship, being hit by wood splinters after a very large iron cannonball blasted through the rail beside me.

In more general terms, the concept of Reincarnation has provided great comfort in the future and a sense of hope that there is justice in life without fear of death and the loss of loved ones.

This is an interesting, thought provoking thread. I guess I have always had dreams and visions and imaginings that helped me, even though I didn't know what they were or where they were coming from. I've had difficult times growing up, always moving around, so always the stranger and new kid in school, and I was always timid and shy, which didn't make it easier. Thinking about and imagining I was, or was with, the people I dreamt about, helped me find the strength to stand up for myself amongst all the turmoil and resist the depths of loneliness.

I dreamt about Charles and Catherine shortly after starting university, and again, trying to stand up and make my own way whilst fighting the timidity and loneliness trying to keep me back. They MADE me research them, in a way, and I know it sounds strange, but it was through finding Catherine, and realising just how much she went through in her life that I was able to imagine myself as her, tread in her footsteps, and hold my chin up and seek my inner strength in times of trouble. i know that she did, and having seen her, I know that I can do the same. Plus, I was begining to have all kinds of questions building in my mind about what it was and what it all meant, and who WERE these people? and finding Charles and Catherine, and then Sateyapainyanke and her granddaughter, led eventually to my coming here and finding somewhere to ask them! ;)

Yes this is such a wonderful interesting thread which causes one to really think and ponder. There has been many interesting replies.

Now as for myself, it is a really wonderful answer and reason for my many quirks that I personally have in my life. Also to myself, it has always made just so much perfect sense. The thought that we only live one life then that's it has never made much sense to me. The thought of who we really are beyond this one life but in the past, and in also in the future gives me quite some comfort for life holds so incredibly much.

PL knowledge has helped me see the error of my ways.

Over four years ago I was confident, aggressive and certain of my abilities and my beliefs. PL knowledge changed that. Now I am a broken man but I've learned so much that I didn't know before.

I read people talking of the healing that comes with PL memories. I've found that those memories have opened up wounds, not healed them. I had no idea how much crap I have to deal with. Now I do.

Yea tanker. I can relate. Sometimes I think I've said too much and I have sleepless nights too. I'm not sure remembering is such a good thing but I can't deny that I have learned something from it. What's life without pain?

Back