How has PL Knowledge Helped You?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by J Rainsnow, Nov 25, 2002.

1. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'm not sure my past life is helping anyone right now ...

2. briski

briski Senior Registered

Why do you think that @tanker i find your posts very interesting, yours and Ben's

Speedwell, BenjaminFR and tanker like this.
  3. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Have you ever read "The man in the high castle" by P.K. Dick, tanker? It's a novel that describes an alternative reality in which the Axis won the war. I just thought you may find it interesting, it's a good book, like most books by Dick.

LBorjaOregon, tanker and briski like this.
  4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Thanks a lot, briski. I've just had a really bad day, and thought maybe I've been going on a bit ...

briski likes this.
  5. briski

briski Senior Registered

Nah its all good on here

tanker likes this.
  6. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Oh, I never heard of that, must get a copy. I don't know the author at all. Thanks for letting me know.
    Just ordered it now, should be a good read.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    briski likes this.
  7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Many people wouldn't want a part of it tanker. I wouldn't. I'd rather die than be involved in such things.

Yup, it was certainly evil. Racial purity, the killing of children, the mentally ill etc. Its an intolerable circumstance and its doubtful the Reich would have lasted for a thousand years. They would run out of enemies and collapsed in on themselves. Its unfortunate many men aligned themselves with a country and a Führer that betrayed everyone, even their own supporters in the end. But again, I was part of the 'good fight' and I still have the blood of innocents on my hands, the same as other people.

The film Starship Troopers looks even uglier than the trailer tanker. I guarantee it will leave a bad taste in you mouth, but the director lived his childhood under Nazi occupation so he had much to say about it. Personally I think that film is a work of genius. Its worth checking out. Also by the end of the film you will most likely have a different perspective on 'bugs' of that size than the one you just expressed.

That's how I believe humanity will be, when we leave down our weapons of war, the toys of our infancy. Its a long way off though and we may not survive as a species to see it. Who knows though?

Nazi architecture, uniforms, rallies, everything, was awe inspiring. What they did with aesthetics hadn't been seen since the time of the Roman Empire in my opinion. The problem is that the devil comes as a handsome angel, not a slavering beast. That's how he gets you. The Nazis had an evil charisma and thats overpowered any valour the ordinary German soldier had.

tanker likes this.
  8. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Yes, that's a very interesting perspective, Jim. I didn't know the director of Starship Troopers lived his childhood under Nazi occupation. Perhaps I ought to watch it, although I'm not sure I want to. If you think the aesthetics of the architecture, rallies etc. was awe inspiring, all I can say is it's ten times that if you were there within it. Against my will my heart soars even now. It's very hard to convey the way it could overwhelm all the senses. Clever, but lethal. I don't approve of it, but I'm drawn to the sight. The beauty of evil, as they say. We need to be on our guard, constantly. I believe it opened up some pathway to something way beyond what they created. It was more than the sum of its parts. I felt that, even being in a huge, ordered assembly of tanks. Perhaps Benjamin will know what I'm on about. If you lacked any personal courage, being a part of it lifted you beyond your abilities.

The nearest thing in atmosphere I've seen in this life - and this is purely personal - is a monumental sculpture by Michael Sandle. I'm a great fan of his work. I saw this sculpture, called Der Trommler (The Drummer), without knowing then what it was called. It was standing alone in a huge room in a gallery, years ago when it must have been on tour. I was alone too with it there, and I gasped when I saw it. I actually thought it must have been a representation of some ancient god of war, it was so powerful. Photographs of it don't convey that, but it's a work of genius. It brought back feelings I'd forgotten. War. Worship. Death. It's now in the Tate in London.

der Trommler.jpg

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I can relate tanker. In spite of all I've learned in my current life about the nature of conflict I still get a kick out of remembering my various conflicts and victories. There's something very attractive about things that we know to be wrong. Its the nature of the beast I guess.

Still...its a complete mystery to me why God would create a creature such as a human being. Someone who gets a thrill out of bad things. Someone who is influenced by the crowd mentality whether they are independent or not. I've been luckier than you in one sense though. In my recent lives I've been indoctrinated with Republican ideals not Nazi aesthetics so its easier for people to see my various incarnations as being the 'good guy'. Inspiration can be a double edged sword.

That's an interesting sculpture. I haven't seen anything that's really made an impression on me in a very long time.

Spirit Sword likes this.
  10. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

Dear Tanker,

Yes indeed! I do know what you mean by that. It was a carefully crafted regime, and the aesthetics were indeed a strong part of the whole recipe. The uniforms, and the large rallies are what I remember the most. It did make you feel part of something much larger than your own little person. Same thing goes for the feeling of raw power you'd feel when part of a combat formation. I guess, from the point of view of an officer, having under your command a large force was a very unique feeling. But yeah.. what a shameful use we made of this natural ability of men to commit to the group they identify to.

On a larger note, to answer to the main question of this topic: How did I benefit from remembering another human's life from the past?

Well, there was three main 'periods' I can identify in my present life:
    - when I didn't know what was happening to me, and I had no "acceptance" of the visions and emotions I was feeling, it was very hard. I thought that the battle scenes and the feelings of remorse, shame and anger/sadness were a way for my mind to express the hardness of the life situations I was facing. I thought, to be honest, that I was going crazy. I thought that I was drifting towards serious mental health problems, as the visions were getting more intense and more frequent. It led me to drug use and overall self-destructive behaviours (such as withdrawing from my social circles and career path)
    - when I got around the fact that these memories were closely matching the recorded life of the soldier I think I was, it was very hard to handle because I am today a very sensitive, emotional and kind person. I could not really bear the feeling of guilt and waste that I was experiencing. It was a sad era, contemplated from the perspective of a man who was at the forefront of Nazi Germany warfare machine. But it was a fascinating journey of investigation of research, because I could finally stare at my inner demons right in the eye. I did not do so much research on the WW2 period per se, as I had a rather good understanding of Eugen's path, actions and thoughts, but I felt a very strong need to understand, on a larger scale, what events led to Germany growing the cancer of Nazism. Because, and even though I fully appreciate that Eugen's actions were of his own making and he bore the responsability throughout his/my journey to the life after life, there were circumstances that led his generation to turn to revenge and inflict to Europe's people a great deal of suffering. And I needed to understand this. It has greatly changed me, on a personal level, because I now understand that we are responsible for the environment we give to our children. If we plant the seeds of hate, we shall harvest violence and suffering.
    - The most meaningful period, in which I now happily live in, came after I had lots of visions of what happened to Eugen once he died and our soul was purged of the evil he witnessed and practised. It is a very long process, one I can hardly describe in such a quick comment I'm writing, but it made me understand that we are spiritual beings, and it offered me the gift of seeing what our nature is. I do believe that this was the greatest gift I have yet received, and it made me fully accept what happened in this previous life and the reason why I suffered in my lifetime (now). The universe we live in is full of love and acceptance, and we are, each and everyone of us, an actor in it. We come to learn, we come to give and receive , and ultimately to grow. \

Once I experienced all of these three phases, I finally felt that I was set free and given peace. It's funny because, before all this, I used to think that peace, true peace, the inner peace, was some kind of destination, or goal. I thought that it was something I was to achieve as some kind of "end objective" to make my life complete. But I realized that this peace was there the whole time, buried in memories of blood and violence, and it is something that each and everyone of us is given. Funny enough, this peace is now a strong fuel for me to live a beautiful, meaningful and compassionate life.

I sometimes see posts here of people who are still suffering a lot from their memories, and I feel for them, and pray that everyone of them will find within them the peace that we all carry, because we are part of it. I pray that they will forgive themselves and carry on living this beautiful gift that is life as a human body on this beautiful planet.

It also made me understand how similar one can be to his previous incarnation, and yet express it in such a different way! I find that I have a lot of shared traits with Eugen. And yet, while life's circumstances led him to lead fellow Waffen-SS soldiers on many bloody battles, here am I now living in China and taking care of little kids who suffer from cancer and other pathologies. What an interesting trajectory I find.

Peace to all of you, and thank you all for sharing your life stories :)

Benjamin

Carloloner, Speedwell, KenJ and 2 others like this.
  11. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

What can I say, Benjamin? Thank you for your honesty. Yours is an inspiring story. You and I share so much in our past, and yet are so different. I have been given no inkling of that peace you found beyond this earthly suffering. I find it hard to read about the experience you were gifted with after Eugen's death. I understand the idea you talk about, but I'm still stuck there in the midst of battle and sorrow. You are young, and I am not, yet your stage in life is so far ahead of mine. I envy you.

I guess all I have to go by is my conscience, which keeps me aware of what I've done, and what I'll never do again. So yes, my past life has made this one more beneficial to other people through the good I try to do in it. I too am sensitive and compassionate these days (as I believe I was then), but find the excess of empathy I now feel for others is a heavy burden. My only escape is to dive back into the shelter of the past, when we soldiers cared so much for one another.

Certainly I've done what you did at first, to withdraw from society to some degree. I am a bit of a loner, not so much by choice as simply finding it too difficult to fit in to a world I can't recognise. I've never been tempted to turn to drugs or alcohol. I think I still keep the self-disipline drummed into me from the army and reinforced in the present by my upbringing. Underneath it all I'm still quite strong. It's not until I found this forum that I've thought that much about it, just accepted it as my lot in life. I deserve to suffer, after all I've done.

I've tried to make the lessons of our sobering past something to learn from. At the same time, when I see that old flag, my heart still carries in it the memories of that splendour we were part of, however misguided it was. I hope I'm allowed at least that much.

Carloloner likes this.