How many of you have a past life blog/journal?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by GraveyardChick, Sep 29, 2011.

1. GraveyardChick

GraveyardChick Banned

I've noticed a few people on this forum have either a past life blog or a journal site especially if one has had a famous past life. Do you find it helpful? What do you talk about? I just started one and feel kind of weird sharing my dreams, but if it will help educate the public than I am all for it.
    (Also, I wasn't sure where to post this question so I hope this is okay.)

2. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I've always been more of a person to make up my mind and move on so i've never put much stock into journaling as a method of therapy or anything.

But i've read other peoples journals from here and I saw quite a bit of commonality in the way people seemed to think things through and it just seemed beneficial for me to read other people's experiences just for the sake in knowing i wasn't alone or crazy lol.

So I decided to give it a try and I've found I enjoy it when I have time for it because it helps me organize my thoughts as well as keep everything i want to remember in one place, such as photos and links. I guess I see it as a form of genealogical scrap booking!

I discuss whatever comes to mind really, you can read mine in the link below.

I don't go out of my way to advertise it at all, my link is the only advertising I do and it's just to share with the people on the forum. I'm also very careful not to post anything that can identify me personally, so in that regard I don't mind posting my thoughts and findings. Although some people don't feel as open about things and that's ok too. I'm sure on one blog or another there's ways to keep the entries private if it's only for you.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Hi GraveyardChick!

Welcome to the Forum!

Although my blog is not so much a personal journal as it is way of recommending the books I read, which pertain to subject matter that is complementary to Reincarnation, such as Scientific evidence for Psychic Phenomenon, Near Death Experiences, After-Death Communication, and the like. I feel that having any blog or journal is not only instructive to others, but it challenges one's own mind to further pursue whatever subject comes to mind.

4. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Like how you put that Totoro!

Since I found the Past Life Forum and have seen what a good job some people here have done on these, it's made me start thinking about doing one of my own!

5. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Having a blog or journal about your past life is really helpful, and I would recommend it regardless if you plan on promoting it or have a non-FPL. For one, it's cool to have everything in one spot to keep it all organized. A few of the free website platforms also have a Google maps feature, which is handy if it can help you with a verification. Just plop the map in question in whatever section, easy. You also usually have other features that let you have a blog, a guestbook, etc., enabling you to customize it so it works for you.

It is also handy if you have a person asking you questions about your life. In a kind way you can refer them to your site, instead of going through your whole story for the millionth time.

6. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm on blogger.. I suppose i should look into some other features I haven't been using.

Aside from referring people to it, It's a good to keep it all in a 3rd party location in case (hypothetically speaking) this forum closes or some other place your on.

I like your link the military past lives forum. that's really interesting. I keep thinking maybe I had a vietnam era past life, but I dont think I did.

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I finally put mine in my signature. Just don't have the time for fine tuning and minor adjustments. I did the website gig, since it was a 15 year process to write and research. :eek: still not done, may never be. Maybe someday when time allows. Until then I figure, better to share than sit on it.

8. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Part of me would love to do a journal about my past lives, but another part bats it down again because I have so little to go on save instinct. I have nothing other than dreams and odd sensations. Some of my lives I've meditated on and come away with only scraps and tatters, like the ruins of an ancient fortress or temple where all you have are the remnants of the foundation.

Ironically, the one that has walked in with the most detail is the one that only popped up since I've been on this board, which hasn't been very long. Strangely, I'm kind of nervous that if I blogged that one, that someone I knew from that life might seek me out, and for some reason I see that as a bad thing.

9. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

I'm not big into Blogs, Twitter or other social networks, but I did build a personal website out of boredom brought about by retirement.

Most of it is paid for by my cable provider up to a certain level, and I pay a small amount monthly for the "extra's".

As an aside, I finally settled on the background based on what I glimpsed as a child in one of my many dreams, and I somehow knew then it was a very special place! :)

10. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

I find my website very helpful - it's like my own personal sanctuary, particularly with my situation. I can go there and post about stuff and then only members can comment, so I don't have to deal with nonsense like I've dealt with elsewhere. I got sick of either extreme - on the one hand dealing with people telling me I am not who I say I am, that my experience was rubbish, etc., but on the other hand I didn't want to 'only have me'. So what I like about my site is that, while my Memories page is not in blog form, my Notes page is the blog and that I left so members can comment. It was the only way for me to have a 'happy medium' with things. Once I get more of this stuff sorted out regarding my 19c Finnish lifetime though, I will turn that into its own page and remove the blog posts. The blog is just there for 'Notes' to put down.

The only thing I really 'talk' about in that section of my site is my 19c. Finnish lifetime - the memories, (and now visions), that I have had and get. The only other stuff I have in there is related books and some photos of my personal items.

I eventually hope to get all of this totally organized, which is slowly happening, and turn it into a book.

11. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hey GraveyardChick,

I've kept past life journals since I was old enough to write - and before that my grandma kept a journal for me. Both have proven to be very important in my own research and validation.

I tried blogging, but I felt strange sharing my dreams and/or experiences with anyone who happened by - so I limit it to sharing on the forum, or in a private space with close friends and family.

Good luck with your blog!

Aili

12. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Wow Deborah! Have sent you a PM - :)

13. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Lady.....thanks for reading it.

I will send you a pm tomorrow. :D I am enjoying your enthusiasm...and experiences. Ttul.

14. Ignotus

Ignotus Senior Registered

I don't have one. I'm a really really private person. Even my family don't know what's my hobby or interest.. I'm not good in writing, my family said I'm bad at it (They love shattering my confidence and judging).. So, I don't really feel like posting anything on a journal whether online or off. My parents would find it anyway and pester me too much. But maybe someday when I buy a safety lock for my journal.

Sorry, I loath people looking through my personal belongings. But I would love to read others if they're willing to share of course.

15. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

To a degree - I am a bit like you Wuxin. I have had to deal with that sort of inner conflict of - do I want to share this so that others may learn? or do I just want to keep this private to help myself understand what is going on with me?

It's been very difficult because of dealing with slanderous attacks by others (one of which I came across this morning - even though the post is nearly a month old - I have the link saved)...so it's mainly that sort of thing that kind of made me want to just keep it private...but those involved in such things are no different than the abusers who did wrong to this body - and so rather than 'hiding', I will just continue on with things.

Admittedly the most ironic thing about the post I found this morning was that the author made a statement on another forum about them not knowing if their current 'spiritual experiences' are rubbish or not - yet there they are with this one post of theirs making a fool of themselves acting like they know me and what I'm going through! :laugh:

16. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Hello,

Any blogs/journals discussing specific past-lives, and reincarnation in general?

Personally, the 'Past Life Forum' has become my main source for information/discussion.

Marc

17. Phthalo

Phthalo Senior Registered

I have a paper journal where I write odds and ends about reincarnation. I don't have a blog or an online journal because I'm a pretty private person and because I don't know if it would be very interesting for many people to read about memories that aren't particularly remarkable (in my opinion). If you think it would help you keep your research neat and tidy and if you want input from others, it might be helpful to you.

18. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You can also create a document on your computer and password protect if you are worried about anyone finding it. I made a file with a table, three columns. First column is for date of regression, dream, or flashback. Second column for date or time period. Third column is for details of regression, dream, etc. I made another file with the names of people I know now that I have known before. Another table.

19. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

I journal because forgetting has long been a coping mechanism, so things fade away unless I write them down. I keep the record of my journey this way, and make sense of things. The other advantage is that you can look back at previous entries and see how far you've come in your understanding, serenity, power, etc. I have several journals on different subjects.

It's not for public consumption, however. Maybe parts, some day.