• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How old are you - Just for fun

What age group do you fall in?

• Total voters

deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am curious, what age group our membership is; if there is a dominant age group or if we are spread out evenly across the board. You don't have to post anything. Just vote. You don't have to do that either but the stats might give us an idea and be fun. Kinda...sorta...a little?

Aaaah, is that you as a little girl? :) I find that age really can make a difference as to how forum members perceive things. One reason being is that when you hit middle-age, you often do not think the same way about many topics as you did when you were in your 20s and 30s.

P.S. I think it's amusing there's an option to change your vote.

Last edited:
Well, Deborah, you know my age....the same as yours! :D

Hi Sunday -Yup - that's a picture of me camping with my grandparents. 1963-4?
Hi Eevee! Yeah but I've known you a long time now. - 16 years! How long have you been with the forum Sunday? Almost as long - right?

It's interesting how a car is so often in the background of pictures of children in the 1950s and 1960s.

Let's see, Deb, I went online in 2000, so I joined the forum either that year or 2001. I still look back at those days with the old gang as the most fun I ever had on the internet; as well as appreciating how nice it was to find others to discuss metaphysical topics with, without a lot of :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Sunday, it is interesting to hear you mention "the old days" and the fun you had. I did not look for a past-life forum until a couple of years ago, and it was partly because the wood-working forum I liked so well lost its character as membership changed. Is that what happened here or did your interests change?

Hey Ken, Carol's second book was coming out, and there were changes being made to the forum, as to where you could post topics and all. It was a sincere effort to organize the forum better to accommodate all the new members who were expected to join; but I didn't care for the way things were going, so left. In addition, though, I left because I think you sometimes should take a break from online things that are taking up a lot of your waking time, as the forum certainly was, actually way too much time. So many new people did end up becoming new members that the forum would never have been the same anyway, so it was probably best that I did leave when I did. Things change and that's life, but we still have good memories of "the old days", don't we? And it's nice to be back to a smaller group, although lots of the older members apparently aren't here any longer. Deborah is still here, though. ;)

Hi Deborah, I joined in 2001, but I was lurking some time before that. I remember because it was in 2000 that we got an internet connection here and one of the first things I looked up when I had this new toy (the internet) was 'reincarnation' which brought me quickly to PLF (CPL at the time). And it is amazing to see how much the knowledge about reincarnation has evolved since then! Many answers to questions that were commonly asked in those earlier times are common knowledge now, mostly because so many people shared their experiences which gave us here on the forum so many valuable insights. And still the gems of knowledge keep coming!

I am currently reading 'Proof of Heaven' by Eben Alexander, M.D., a neurosurgeon who writes about his NDE. Early in the book, one of the first 'knowledges' that he receiced was: Evil exists because men are given the gift of free will. Take free will away and there would be no evil. This is a natural law on Planet Earth.

And this struck me. It seemed so logical. Another thing I learned, from a book that I found last week in the recycling store!:) Just thought I'd share...

I'm 26! I'm the only person who voted in that age group! I'm still a baby! :p

I'm sure there are a few members on this site who are younger than me, though.:oops:

TDO, in the scheme of things, you are essentially the same age - scary isn't it!

I doubt it Eevee since i don't know what DP you are referring to. To me, DP is Data Processing where i worked for about 29 years.
The Woodworking forum I mentioned was the CarveWright forum, a cnc group, not really woodworking in a sense, more as combination of creating art and wood finishing.

Sunday - yup that's her Eevee. TDO - we use to have a lot of teenagers.

What's TDO? ( I'm naive about abbreviations. :)) I don't remember a lot of teenagers, Deborah. Are you sure that wasn't after Carol's second book came out? The only one I remember was Peter. He was also from Europe, possibly the Netherlands, too.

TheDivineOne Long usernames sometimes get the abbreviated version. Yes ~ we even had a teenage section. I can't recall exact dates but I'd say 2005-2008.

Sunday asked "What type of wood art do you create, Ken".

Sorry, it took me a bit to figure out how to load pictures.

I had to stop doing it a couple of years ago as my trunk muscles started to deteriorate too much, but I'll show one of my last projects, a gift to my step-daughter.
It is made of Tiger Striped maple and Purple-heart wood with a piece of wire holding the wooden gift-tag and a flocked interior.
P1010002_5_c.jpg

Right_side_Bottom.jpg

P1010004_3_c.jpg

Attachments

• P1010002 (5)c.jpg
    P1010002 (5)c.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Right side Bottom.jpg
    Right side Bottom.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010004 (3)c.jpg
    P1010004 (3)c.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 1
Yes, Sunday, that is me!

Ken, DP is Distributed Proofreaders. There is member there also that has the username of KenJ and he mostly works on spiritual books, so that is why I thought it was you. Some odd coincidence I think....

Deb, my how things changed--a section just for teenagers!:cool:

Eevee, I do remember you!:)

That is really beautiful, Ken. I'm so s:(rry you had to stop. How long did it take you to make that lovely gift?

Back